Here's that high pressure hydraulic pump and jack setup that I was talking about

Ignoramus25440

Apr 12, 2017, 7:36:27 PM4/12/17
This is a high pressure pump and an assemblage of cylinders that I put
together. I had this stuff for a while, in a box, but since I knew I
might need it this week. I put it together.

It saved our ass today, as the machine that I tried to lift today was
not only too heavy to lift (70,000 lbs), but also GLUED to the floor
with epoxy. (!!!)

https://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/Our-Hydraulic-Setup/

Bob Engelhardt

Apr 13, 2017, 12:03:00 AM4/13/17
The pump is air powered?

Larry Jaques

Apr 13, 2017, 12:07:01 AM4/13/17
Nice little setup. Cute mini-rams.

The white shop floor is a great idea. I painted mine white 14 years
ago and have loved it. Dropped parts are much easier to find and the
shop is a lot brighter as a result. After I get mine cleared out,
it's time to repaint it.

--
Newman's First Law:
It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down.

Ignoramus22339

Apr 13, 2017, 7:45:08 AM4/13/17
On 2017-04-13, Bob Engelhardt <BobEng...@comcast.net> wrote:
> The pump is air powered?

yes it is.

Ignoramus22339

Apr 13, 2017, 1:41:30 PM4/13/17
On 2017-04-13, Larry Jaques <lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 18:36:21 -0500, Ignoramus25440
><ignoram...@NOSPAM.25440.invalid> wrote:
>
>>This is a high pressure pump and an assemblage of cylinders that I put
>>together. I had this stuff for a while, in a box, but since I knew I
>>might need it this week. I put it together.
>>
>>It saved our ass today, as the machine that I tried to lift today was
>>not only too heavy to lift (70,000 lbs), but also GLUED to the floor
>>with epoxy. (!!!)
>>
>> https://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/Our-Hydraulic-Setup/
>
> Nice little setup. Cute mini-rams.
>
> The white shop floor is a great idea. I painted mine white 14 years
> ago and have loved it. Dropped parts are much easier to find and the
> shop is a lot brighter as a result. After I get mine cleared out,
> it's time to repaint it.

Yes, I agree, nice if you can afford it etc

Larry Jaques

Apr 13, 2017, 2:12:39 PM4/13/17
Standard AOH, just like the little HF jack in the red box, right?

Ignoramus22339

Apr 13, 2017, 6:26:52 PM4/13/17
On 2017-04-13, Larry Jaques <lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 06:45:01 -0500, Ignoramus22339
><ignoram...@NOSPAM.22339.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On 2017-04-13, Bob Engelhardt <BobEng...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> The pump is air powered?
>>
>>yes it is.
>
> Standard AOH, just like the little HF jack in the red box, right?

It is not like a jack, exactly, but the same principle. I think that
pneumatics drive a membrane, which drives the hydraulic
piston. Overall it looks very old fashioned and very industrial
quality.

Larry Jaques

Apr 14, 2017, 8:26:12 AM4/14/17
On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 17:26:45 -0500, Ignoramus22339
<ignoram...@NOSPAM.22339.invalid> wrote:

>On 2017-04-13, Larry Jaques <lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 06:45:01 -0500, Ignoramus22339
>><ignoram...@NOSPAM.22339.invalid> wrote:

>>>yes it is.
>>
>> Standard AOH, just like the little HF jack in the red box, right?
>>

>It is not like a jack, exactly, but the same principle. I think that
>pneumatics drive a membrane, which drives the hydraulic
>piston. Overall it looks very old fashioned and very industrial
>quality.

Was it a house mover's kit, or originally designed for machinery
leveling, etc? I see that you have two other mini-rams, too.

Larry Jaques

Apr 14, 2017, 8:32:18 AM4/14/17
I used floor paint rather than epoxy, at 1/3 to 1/2 the price. It has
lasted quite well. It added a minimum of 25% light (when there was
floor to reflect it), which amazed and pleased me. But finding tiny
metal springs and clips (Jesus Clips, as in "Jesus, where'd that
little thing go?") is made exponentially easier. Metal blends in too
well with gray crete floors.

Gunner Asch

Apr 15, 2017, 3:04:29 PM4/15/17
On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 18:36:21 -0500, Ignoramus25440
<ignoram...@NOSPAM.25440.invalid> wrote:

Nice set up!

---