Very nice deal on diesel 15,000 lb outdoor forklift

Ignoramus20400

Jun 18, 2016, 12:28:39 PM6/18/16
I was very happy yesterday, a heavy duty forklift in great condition
that I bought for very little.

https://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/Kalmar-150-Forklift/

DoN. Nichols

Jun 18, 2016, 8:16:54 PM6/18/16
Nice deal. But I am a little puzzled by "solid pneumatic
tires". I through that they were either solid (rubber) or inflated with
air (pneumatic), but I may be mis-informed.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: <BPdnic...@d-and-d.com> | (KV4PH) Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Larry Jaques

Jun 18, 2016, 8:17:19 PM6/18/16
On Sat, 18 Jun 2016 11:28:32 -0500, Ignoramus20400
That's a most excellent deal, Ig. Tires look to have lotsa meat, too.
What is the lift height on that? Was it running?

--
Energy and persistence alter all things.
--Benjamin Franklin

Jim Wilkins

Jun 18, 2016, 9:06:13 PM6/18/16
"DoN. Nichols" <BPdnic...@d-and-d.com> wrote in message
> On 2016-06-18, Ignoramus20400 <ignoram...@NOSPAM.20400.invalid>
> wrote:
>> I was very happy yesterday, a heavy duty forklift in great
>> condition
>> that I bought for very little.
>>
>> https://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/Kalmar-150-Forklift/
>
> Nice deal. But I am a little puzzled by "solid pneumatic
> tires". I through that they were either solid (rubber) or inflated
> with
> air (pneumatic), but I may be mis-informed.
>
> Enjoy,
> DoN.

Those are better than porous pneumatic tires, like I found yesterday
on my ancient log splitter.

--jsw

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Jun 18, 2016, 9:42:17 PM6/18/16
"Jim Wilkins" <murat...@gmail.com> fired this volley in news:nk4r62$5be$1
@dont-email.me:
> Those are better than porous pneumatic tires, like I found yesterday
> on my ancient log splitter.
>
> --jsw

Maybe Ig meant "semi-pneumatic", or perhaps he used the term "solid" in
reference to their being "perfectly intact".

Lloyd

Jim Wilkins

Jun 18, 2016, 10:17:13 PM6/18/16
> Maybe Ig meant "semi-pneumatic", ...
>
> Lloyd

Is that a PC euphemism for tires with air in only the top side?

Larry Jaques

Jun 18, 2016, 10:47:00 PM6/18/16
I have those on my 600# hand truck from HFT. I have to remember to
air them up each time. Ooh, I forgot that I still have some Slime...
New tubes on my riding mower fixed those recurring flats.

Karl Townsend

Jun 19, 2016, 7:09:01 AM6/19/16
On Sat, 18 Jun 2016 11:28:32 -0500, Ignoramus20400
<ignoram...@NOSPAM.20400.invalid> wrote:

>I was very happy yesterday, a heavy duty forklift in great condition
>that I bought for very little.

My son got a 15,000 hyster for the exact same price last year. But it
only had four foot forks. six foot forks, used, cost another $1500.

Not much demand for an old large fork lift.

BUT VERY HANDY when you need it.

Karl

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Jun 19, 2016, 7:51:04 AM6/19/16
"Jim Wilkins" <murat...@gmail.com> fired this volley in news:nk4vb6$dk9
> Is that a PC euphemism for tires with air in only the top side?

Jim, a semi-pneumatic tire is a relatively conventional tire filled with
(usually polyurethane) foam, so it exhibits most of the qualities of a
pneumatic tire while being nearly puncture-proof.

I just looked up "solid pneumatic" as it applies to forklift tires. Ig
wasn't incorrect, nor using the term differently.

It refers to SOLID tires mounted on pneumatic rims that have (supposedly)
the same compression and flex characteristics of the same-sized pneumatic
tires (for that application), but which - being solid - are totally-
immune to punctures.

LLoyd

Ignoramus2663

Jun 19, 2016, 10:24:57 AM6/19/16
On 2016-06-19, DoN. Nichols <BPdnic...@d-and-d.com> wrote:
> On 2016-06-18, Ignoramus20400 <ignoram...@NOSPAM.20400.invalid> wrote:
>> I was very happy yesterday, a heavy duty forklift in great condition
>> that I bought for very little.
>>
>> https://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/Kalmar-150-Forklift/
>
> Nice deal. But I am a little puzzled by "solid pneumatic
> tires". I through that they were either solid (rubber) or inflated with
> air (pneumatic), but I may be mis-informed.

They are solid, but made of soft rubber inside, so they act like
pneumatic tires and provide better cushioning. In forklifts, "Solid
Tires" refer to hard rubber tires that are only suitable for use on
hard surfaces. Solid pneumatic tires can drive on compacted dirt. (not
on fresh soil)

Ignoramus2663

Jun 19, 2016, 10:26:06 AM6/19/16
On 2016-06-19, Larry Jaques <lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jun 2016 11:28:32 -0500, Ignoramus20400
><ignoram...@NOSPAM.20400.invalid> wrote:
>
>>I was very happy yesterday, a heavy duty forklift in great condition
>>that I bought for very little.
>>
>>https://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/Kalmar-150-Forklift/
>
> That's a most excellent deal, Ig. Tires look to have lotsa meat, too.
> What is the lift height on that? Was it running?

Everything is running, it starts, drives, stops, turns, lifts and
tilts.

Lift height about 14 feet also, three stage mast.

Ignoramus2663

Jun 19, 2016, 10:28:10 AM6/19/16
Six foot forks are not enough for me. I have 8 foot forks that I will
put on it. I also disagree on saleability of this forklift, I think
that just about anyone who has a big gravel yard with equipment needs
something like this forklift.

I already have 2 15,000 forklifts so not sure if I need the third
one. A lot of variables need to be considered and I am still
deciding. I wanted to expand my business somewhat in the coming
months.

Karl Townsend

Jun 19, 2016, 1:21:26 PM6/19/16
Did not know you could even get eight foot forks. we made ten foot
extensions for ours. Bet eight foot forks are worth more than the
truck.

I guess location in the country greatly effects value. 5000 lb size
with single front tires brings good money, the larger trucks - not so
much. Too few need them compared to supply.

Karl

Ignoramus2663

Jun 19, 2016, 3:13:53 PM6/19/16
On 2016-06-19, Karl Townsend <karltown...@emmarqmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 09:28:04 -0500, Ignoramus2663
><ignora...@NOSPAM.2663.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On 2016-06-19, Karl Townsend <karltown...@emmarqmail.com> wrote:

>>> My son got a 15,000 hyster for the exact same price last year. But it
>>> only had four foot forks. six foot forks, used, cost another $1500.
>>>
>>> Not much demand for an old large fork lift.
>>>
>>> BUT VERY HANDY when you need it.
>>
>>Six foot forks are not enough for me. I have 8 foot forks that I will
>>put on it. I also disagree on saleability of this forklift, I think
>>that just about anyone who has a big gravel yard with equipment needs
>>something like this forklift.

Those forks are not 6 ft by the way, more like 54 inches.

>>I already have 2 15,000 forklifts so not sure if I need the third
>>one. A lot of variables need to be considered and I am still
>>deciding. I wanted to expand my business somewhat in the coming
>>months.

> Did not know you could even get eight foot forks. we made ten foot
> extensions for ours. Bet eight foot forks are worth more than the
> truck.

I bought them for $200 from an African American gentleman.

> I guess location in the country greatly effects value. 5000 lb size
> with single front tires brings good money, the larger trucks - not so
> much. Too few need them compared to supply.

I think that I could flip it for $10k in a week, literally. Everyone
needs a heavy duty outdoor forklift, around wheer I am.

Larry Jaques

Jun 19, 2016, 3:37:07 PM6/19/16
It's official, once again: YOU SUCK!

;)

et...@whidbey.com

Jun 20, 2016, 12:31:10 PM6/20/16
On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 09:26:00 -0500, Ignoramus2663
<ignora...@NOSPAM.2663.invalid> wrote:

I paid $400.00 for my new to me 1971 vintage 4000 pound capacity
propane fueled AC forklift. I decided to see how high the forks would
go and amazingly they go up 15 feet! I was shocked. My building is 17
feet inside so it could be used to place stuff in the loft. Cool.
Eric

Bob La Londe

Jun 20, 2016, 1:21:21 PM6/20/16

"Ignoramus2663" <ignora...@NOSPAM.2663.invalid> wrote in message
Is that exactly it or are they foam filled penumatics? I had a scissor lift
at one time that had tires that looked like they belonged on an ATV. They
were heavy ply pneumatics that had been foam filled. It worked well on hard
pack and decently on turf. They would get torn up rather quickly on asphalt
or concrete, so I had a second set of the regular white rubber hard tires I
used most of the time.

Gunner Asch

Jun 20, 2016, 2:07:32 PM6/20/16
3 stage mast?

Mark

---

Ignoramus12727

Jun 20, 2016, 3:39:01 PM6/20/16
Very nice! I have a Kalmar AC 5000 lbs forklift that I bought for
$500, same thing it goes up to the sky.

Ignoramus12727

Jun 20, 2016, 3:48:34 PM6/20/16
These are factory made solid pneumatic tires, Solideal brand

dpb

Jun 20, 2016, 3:51:51 PM6/20/16
On 06/20/2016 12:21 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> "Ignoramus2663"<ignora...@NOSPAM.2663.invalid> wrote in message

>> They are solid, but made of soft rubber inside, so they act like
>> pneumatic tires and provide better cushioning. ...
>
> Is that exactly it or are they foam filled penumatics? ...

Sounds like an oxymoron, but it's not...it is what it is... :)

<http://tokaisolidtire.com/solid-pneumatic-tires/>

Ignoramus12727

Jun 20, 2016, 5:57:37 PM6/20/16
Check out the last photo for the "new look" ;-)

https://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/Kalmar-150-Forklift/

Gunner Asch

Jun 20, 2016, 6:46:10 PM6/20/16
Nicely done Iggy! That paint job take you longer than an hour?

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Jun 20, 2016, 6:58:31 PM6/20/16
Ignoramus12727 <ignoram...@NOSPAM.12727.invalid> fired this volley in

> https://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/Kalmar-150-Forklift/

Well, that didn't take long to "pretty up". But you better drive it long
enough to rub all that yellow paint off the tires! <G>

Good deal, Ig. If you weren't so far from me, I'd make you an offer. My
little forklift just doesn't hack it for some of the jobs I need to do.

LLoyd

Bob Engelhardt

Jun 20, 2016, 7:07:29 PM6/20/16
On 6/20/2016 5:57 PM, Ignoramus12727 wrote:
> Check out the last photo for the "new look" ;-)
>
> https://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/Kalmar-150-Forklift/

An Al Babin inspired paint job? "I don't need no stinking masking.
Just watch."

Larry Jaques

Jun 20, 2016, 7:46:06 PM6/20/16
On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 16:57:30 -0500, Ignoramus12727
<ignoram...@NOSPAM.12727.invalid> wrote:

AL, IS THAT YOU?

ROTFLMAO! Teach your guys to mask some, or better.

--
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives
the test first, the lesson afterwards.

Ignoramus12727

Jun 20, 2016, 8:18:20 PM6/20/16
On 2016-06-20, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 16:57:30 -0500, Ignoramus12727
><ignoram...@NOSPAM.12727.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Check out the last photo for the "new look" ;-)
>>
>>https://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/Kalmar-150-Forklift/
>
> Nicely done Iggy! That paint job take you longer than an hour?

My guy did it, I cannot paint

Ignoramus12727

Jun 20, 2016, 8:32:50 PM6/20/16
I think that I will keep it rather than sell... Those gravel lot
forklifts are very handy for a lot of purposes...

gerald...@yahoo.ca

Jun 21, 2016, 8:46:04 PM6/21/16
Keep him!
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

Larry Jaques

Jun 22, 2016, 11:35:50 AM6/22/16
But teach him how to MASK. That's the key to a professional paint
job. Overspray makes it look like an Al Babin Special.

Gunner Asch

Jun 22, 2016, 3:21:37 PM6/22/16
On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 08:36:01 -0700, Larry Jaques
<lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 20:48:05 -0400, gerald...@yahoo.ca wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 19:18:13 -0500, Ignoramus12727
>><ignoram...@NOSPAM.12727.invalid> wrote:

>>>My guy did it, I cannot paint
>>Keep him!
>
>But teach him how to MASK. That's the key to a professional paint
>job. Overspray makes it look like an Al Babin Special.

Indeed!

DoN. Nichols

Jun 23, 2016, 12:26:16 AM6/23/16
On 2016-06-22, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 08:36:01 -0700, Larry Jaques
><lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:

[ ... ]

>>>Keep him!
>>
>>But teach him how to MASK. That's the key to a professional paint
>>job. Overspray makes it look like an Al Babin Special.
>
> Indeed!

Except that I don't remember anything where you could see
overspray on his paint jobs -- even the sliding surfaces were fully
painted. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: <BPdnic...@d-and-d.com> | (KV4PH) Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Gunner Asch

Jun 23, 2016, 6:27:58 AM6/23/16
On 23 Jun 2016 04:28:16 GMT, "DoN. Nichols" <BPdnic...@d-and-d.com>
wrote:

>On 2016-06-22, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 08:36:01 -0700, Larry Jaques
>><lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:
>
> [ ... ]

>>>But teach him how to MASK. That's the key to a professional paint
>>>job. Overspray makes it look like an Al Babin Special.
>>
>> Indeed!
>
> Except that I don't remember anything where you could see
>overspray on his paint jobs -- even the sliding surfaces were fully
>painted. :-)
>
> Enjoy,
> DoN.
True enough.

Larry Jaques

Jun 23, 2016, 10:40:25 PM6/23/16
On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 03:24:01 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 23 Jun 2016 04:28:16 GMT, "DoN. Nichols" <BPdnic...@d-and-d.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On 2016-06-22, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 08:36:01 -0700, Larry Jaques
>>><lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:
>>
>> [ ... ]

>>> Indeed!
>>
>> Except that I don't remember anything where you could see
>>overspray on his paint jobs -- even the sliding surfaces were fully
>>painted. :-)
>>
>> Enjoy,
>> DoN.
>True enough.

Even the masking tape which was left from 30 years back...

--
To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves...
We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is

amdx

Jun 25, 2016, 6:23:10 PM6/25/16
Ya, but the wheels, you need to paint them Black.
Maybe just took the picture before you finished?
Mikek