Trump calls for special prosecutor to investigate chronic liar Hillary Clinton

Ray Nixon

Aug 24, 2016, 4:50:23 AM8/24/16
(CNN)Hillary Clinton leads in the polls nationally and in key
battleground states, but the flood of stories regarding her
private email server and donations to the Clinton Foundation
demonstrate the former secretary of state won't be able to
completely outrun voter skepticism -- or Donald Trump.

Trump went on offense Monday, using the bulk of a speech in
Akron, Ohio, to attack Clinton.
"No issue better illustrates how corrupt my opponent is than her
pay for play scandals as secretary of state," Trump said.

"I've become increasingly shocked by the vast scope of Hillary
Clinton's criminality. It's criminality. Everybody knows it," he
said as the crowd erupted in a sea of "Lock her up!" chants.

"The amounts involved, the favors done and the significant
numbers of times it was done require an expedited investigation
by a special prosecutor immediately, immediately, immediately,"
Trump said. "After the FBI and Department of Justice whitewash
of the Clinton email crimes, they certainly cannot be trusted to
quickly or impartially investigate Hillary Clinton's new crimes,
which happen all the time."

For Trump, the controversies are a welcome opportunity to push
the idea that Clinton is part of the Washington establishment
and can't be trusted to shun special interests. A Washington
Post/ABC News poll from earlier this month showed that 59% of
voters believe that Clinton is not honest and trustworthy. (That
same poll that 62% believe Trump is not trustworthy.)

Trump bluntly argued that Clinton's actions at the State
Department amounted to corruption, even suggesting Clinton was
at the center of a racketeering scheme.

"We are going to take government away from the special interests
that give her tens of millions of dollars so that she can
broadcast absolutely phony ads about me and we're going to give
it back to the voters," Trump vowed. "Come November 8th, we are
once again going to have a government that serves you and your
family and your country, not the special interests, the donors
and the lobbyists."

It's a good time for Trump to go on offense against Clinton. She
is spending most of the week fundraising, with several high-
dollar events in California. His campaign is also keen on
reminding people that Clinton hasn't had a press conference in
months -- and therefore hasn't had to answer repeated questions
on each new development.

Trump's attacks aside, stories emerging over the past few days
from a federal courtroom, Capitol Hill and an event on Long
Island show it doesn't take much to get the issue of Clinton's
emails and the Clinton Foundation back into the news cycle.

Clinton got some bad news from a federal judge Monday, who gave
the State Department until September 23 to determine a plan on
how to release nearly 15,000 documents the FBI had obtained as
part of its investigation into her private email server --
possibly creating a timeline where thousands of emails could be
made public right before Election Day.

Trump's focus on Clinton may help take the spotlight off of
himself ever so slightly. Having restructured his campaign team
last week, Trump was expected to deliver a speech later this
week outlining his immigration policy. But that speech has been
delayed, a campaign source said.

So the campaign turned its attention on Clinton, the Clinton
Foundation and her emails. That was readily apparent Monday, as
both Trump and vice presidential nominee Mike Pence brought up
the issue.

"It's time for Hillary Clinton to come clean about the Clinton
Foundation," Pence said at a rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

The Clinton Foundation last week accounted it ban donations to
from corporations and foreign countries if Hillary Clinton is
elected. Pence rhetorically asked why there wasn't a conflict of
interest when she was Secretary of State.

"Apparently she'll have a conflict of interest with the Clinton
Foundation if she becomes President but I guess she didn't have
a conflict of interest taking foreign donations while she was
secretary of state of the United States of America," Pence said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/22/politics/donald-trump-clinton-
foundation-shut-down/

whit3rd

Aug 24, 2016, 3:11:27 PM8/24/16
"special prosecutor" meaning outside the normal justice system?

If that's what Trump wants, we only have one
candidate for president: Hilary.

Also, one candidate for King...

Mike Colangelo

Aug 24, 2016, 4:46:35 PM8/24/16
On 8/24/2016 12:11 PM, whit3rd wrote:
> "special prosecutor" meaning outside the normal justice system?

Special prosecutor as in a Department of Justice-appointed prosecutor
not controlled by the administration's politically appointed
attorney-general. You know - like Archibald Cox, Leon Jaworski, Joseph
DeGenova.