The percentage of households owning guns has declined

Rudy Canoza

Jul 23, 2015, 4:10:09 PM7/23/15
Substantially. Why does that fact aggravate gun nuts so much?

And if they care about it so much, why would they lie to survey and poll
interviewers and claim not to own guns, when that will *overstate* the
apparent decline, and they're already unhappy enough with the decline?

What's wrong with these people?

slate_leeper

Jul 24, 2015, 8:34:32 AM7/24/15
Perhaps they believe in freedom, liberty and privacy. That would
definitely be "wrong," I presume.

--
Protect your civil rights!
Let the politicians know how you feel.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Rudy Canoza

Jul 24, 2015, 10:25:03 AM7/24/15
On 7/24/2015 5:34 AM, slate_leeper wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 13:10:03 -0700, Rudy Canoza
> <LaLaLa...@philhendrie.con> wrote:
>
>> Substantially. Why does that fact aggravate gun nuts so much?
>>
>> And if they care about it so much, why would they lie to survey and poll
>> interviewers and claim not to own guns, when that will *overstate* the
>> apparent decline, and they're already unhappy enough with the decline?
>>
>> What's wrong with these people?
>

> Perhaps they believe in freedom, liberty and privacy.

Why would believing in those necessarily mean any particular belief
about the percentage of households that own guns? Are you saying that
someone who believes the percentage is 42% is a more ardent believer in
freedom, liberty (redundant) and privacy than someone who believes the
percentage is only 31%? If that's what you're saying, than you're stupid.

Beam Me Up Scotty

Jul 24, 2015, 11:04:42 AM7/24/15
On 07/24/2015 10:24 AM, Rudy Canoza wrote:
> On 7/24/2015 5:34 AM, slate_leeper wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 13:10:03 -0700, Rudy Canoza
>> <LaLaLa...@philhendrie.con> wrote:
>>
>>> Substantially. Why does that fact aggravate gun nuts so much?
>>>
>>> And if they care about it so much, why would they lie to survey and poll
>>> interviewers and claim not to own guns, when that will *overstate* the
>>> apparent decline, and they're already unhappy enough with the decline?
>>>
>>> What's wrong with these people?
>>

>> Perhaps they believe in freedom, liberty and privacy.
>
> Why would believing in those necessarily mean any particular belief
> about the percentage of households that own guns?

Because to keep your gun when they decide to unconstitutionally
confiscate your gun "the best policy" is to NOT tell anyone you have any
guns.

That way they wont come looking.

Rudy Canoza

Jul 24, 2015, 11:15:40 AM7/24/15
No, fuckwit, that's not what we're talking about. As always, you can't
read. The issue is whether or not you believe the percentage of
households owning guns has declined or not. According to your fellow
fuckwit, if you believe it has declined, then you don't believe in
"freedom, liberty [sic] and privacy." If you believe the percentage has
not declined, then you do believe in those values. But that's just
stupid - exactly what we expect from your crowd.

Ed Huntress

Jul 24, 2015, 11:25:52 AM7/24/15
Scotty, when you regain consciousness, consider that you're talking
about your guns on a gun-related NG, and that anyone who wants to know
who has guns only has to troll through talk.politics.guns, assume
they're all gun owners, and he'll have at least 95% positive hits. And
anyone who disagrees is a delusional idiot. Paranoids who talk on gun
forums usually have guns. So do most other people who talk about guns
on gun forums, excepting the occassional troll or Brady Bunch
provocateur. <g>

That's a lot quicker and cheaper than calling everyone on the phone at
random and asking them.

So you're talking about anonymity in the abstract, while you join in
and defend gun ownership in the concrete. No one will mistake you for
the Old Philosopher, Scotty, so you're a good candidate for a
confiscation visit.

Fortunately, you delusional paranoid freaks are wasting your time
worrying about it, so you don't have much to be concerned about.

--
Ed Huntress