HERO: Meet the Man Who Tackled the Waffle House Shooter

raykeller

Apr 22, 2018, 7:09:28 PM4/22/18
HERO: Meet the Man Who Tackled the Waffle House Shooter
Fox News. com ^ | April 22, 2028 | Timothy Meads

Posted on 4/22/2018, 12:16:26 PM by Kaslin

Earlier today, a madman with a gun opened fire on a Waffle House in Antioch, Tennessee. But one hero ran towards the bullets instead of away from them. Police say James Shaw Jr.’s actions saved many lives.

From The Tennessean:

"James Shaw Jr., 29, said after feeling cornered he saw an opportunity to tackle the man shooting into an Antioch Waffle House. He said he doesn’t feel like a hero.

Police spokesman Don Aaron told reporters Sunday morning that the Waffle House hero rushed the suspected shooter, disarmed him and threw the assault rifle he was carrying over the counter.

“I don’t really know, when everyone said that (of being a hero), it feels selfish,” Shaw Jr. “I was just trying to get myself out. I saw the opportunity and pretty much took it.”

Shaw Jr. said he was at a fraternity house party before heading to the Bell Road Waffle House at about 2:30 a.m. with some friends. They left soon after because it was too packed, he said."

Shaw Jr. was determined to stop the shooter.

"I remember I was like ‘Dang, I’m basically in a barrel,’ ” Shaw Jr. said. “There is no place for me to go.”

As the suspect came through the door, he needed to reload, Shaw Jr. said. That’s when he said he rushed him.

“When he came in, I distinctively remember thinking that he is going to have to work for this kill,” Shaw Jr. said. “I had a chance to stop him and thankfully I stopped him.”

He added: “I grabbed the gun and kept it down. He had one hand on it. I pulled it away and threw it over the bar.”

The suspect then ran outside and escaped. Shaw Jr. did not follow him because he did not know if the suspect had any other weapons on his body.

Police spokesman Don Aaron told reporters Sunday morning that the Waffle House hero rushed the suspected shooter, disarmed him and threw the assault rifle he was carrying over the Waffle House counter. https://t.co/LPUNVIitxR— SalenaZito (@SalenaZito) April 22, 2018

After suffering a few scrapes on his elbow and being discharged from the hospital, Shaw Jr attended church with his mother.

James' aunt just told me that after being discharged from the hospital, he went home & changed clothes... and is now "in church with his mama. We are so proud of him." https://t.co/LNnyRUvCSH— Dianne Gallagher (@DianneG) April 22, 2018

raykeller

Apr 22, 2018, 7:27:23 PM4/22/18
raykeller wrote on 4/22/2018 7:09 PM:
> *HERO: Meet the Man Who Tackled the Waffle House Shooter*
> <https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3649544/posts>
> *Fox News. com ^*
> <https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2018/04/22/hero-read-the-account-of-the-man-who-tackled-the-waffle-house-shooter-n2473404>*|
> April 22, 2028 | Timothy Meads
> *
>
> *Posted on 4/22/2018, 12:16:26 PM by **Kaslin*
> <https://freerepublic.com/%7Ekaslin/>
>
> **
>
> *Earlier today, a madman with a gun opened fire on a Waffle House in
> Antioch, Tennessee. But one hero ran towards the bullets instead of
> away from them. Police say James Shaw Jr.’s actions saved many lives.*
>
> *From **The Tennessean*
> <https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/crime/2018/04/22/waffle-house-shooting-hero-stopped-shooter/540061002/>*:*
>
> *"James Shaw Jr., 29, said after feeling cornered he saw an
> opportunity to tackle the man shooting into an Antioch Waffle
> House. He said he doesn’t feel like a hero.*
>
> *Police spokesman Don Aaron told reporters Sunday morning*
> <https://www.tennessean.com/videos/news/2018/04/22/tennessee-waffle-house-shooting/34140403/>*that
> the Waffle House hero rushed the suspected shooter, disarmed him
> and threw the assault rifle he was carrying over the counter.*

So a good guy with bare arms won over a bad guy who bears arms.

The NRA rhetoric of "The best way to stop bad guy with a gun is a good
guy with a gun" has just gone out the window.

More guns simply means more gun nuttery. It's plain and simple.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 22, 2018, 7:37:18 PM4/22/18
On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 19:26:56 -0400, some forging gay person wrote:

>So a good guy with bare arms won over a bad guy who bears arms.
>
>The NRA rhetoric of "The best way to stop bad guy with a gun is a good
>guy with a gun" has just gone out the window.

Yep! You no longer have to worry about "assault rifles!"

raykeller

Apr 22, 2018, 7:49:22 PM4/22/18

Waffle House suspect had previous bizarre interactions with police

Updated: Apr 22 2018 04:18PM MST

TAZEWELL COUNTY, Illinois (Fox 32 News) - The Illinois man accused of murdering four people at a Waffle House in Nashville Sunday morning had previously had strange run-ins with police.

Travis Reinking, 29, had been arrested at the White House in July 2017 by the Secret Service. Apparently, he wanted to speak with President Donald Trump.

Following that incident, Reinking's FOID card was revoked by Illinois State Police. Tazewell County Sheriff's Deputies had allowed Reinking's father, Jeffrey, to keep his weapons. The sheriff's office said that his father agreed to "keep the weapons secure and out of the possession of Travis." It now appears that those weapons might have been used by Reinking in Sunday's shooting.

On May 27, 2016, the Tazewell County Sheriff in Morton, Illinois, had encountered Reinking during what appeared to be a mental health crisis. At the time, deputies said he believed that singer Taylor Swift was stalking him and had climbed a building to chase him. He also threatened to kill himself.

On June 16, 2017, the Tremont Police Department was called to a scene where Reinking was swimming in a public pool in his underwear and he had also exposed himself. The same police report showed that another concerned citizen had called because Reinking was wearing a pink woman's housecoat and carrying an AR-15 rifle.

On August 11, 2017, the Tazewell County Sheriff's Office reported that a sergeant had talked with Reinking about "making a report." Reinking apparently wanted to report that he believed 20 to 30 people were tapping into his computer and phone. He also said that he had been hearing unknown people barking outside his homes like dogs. The sergeant said that "Travis appeared to be very serious and concerned while telling me what was going on."

VICTIMS IDENTIFIED

The victims of Sunday's shooting in Nashville were identfied as Taurean C. Sanderlin, 29, a Waffle House employee; Joe R. Perez, 20, a patron; Deebony Groves, 21, a patron; and Akila Dasilva, 23, a patron. Shanita Waggoner, 21, and Sharita Henderson, 24, were wounded.

Further bloodshed was prevented by the heroic actions of James Shaw, 29, who grabbed the gun from Reinking and tossed it over the counter.

Reinking, who was naked aside from a green jacket during the attack, walked out of the restaurant ,took off the jacket, then kept on walking. He has not been seen since.

raykeller

Apr 22, 2018, 8:12:28 PM4/22/18
raykeller wrote on 4/22/2018 7:49 PM:

> **
>
> *On June 16, 2017, the Tremont Police Department was called to a scene
> where Reinking was swimming in a public pool in his underwear and he
> had also exposed himself. The same police report showed that another
> concerned citizen had called because Reinking was wearing a pink
> woman's housecoat and carrying an AR-15 rifle.*

A gun nut is as gun nut does.

Someday Klaus will be flashing himself in a pink woman's housecoat.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 22, 2018, 8:26:49 PM4/22/18
On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 20:12:01 -0400, gay Keller impersonator barely
managed to write:

>raykeller wrote on 4/22/2018 7:49 PM:
>
>> **
>>
>> *On June 16, 2017, the Tremont Police Department was called to a scene
>> where Reinking was swimming in a public pool in his underwear and he
>> had also exposed himself. The same police report showed that another
>> concerned citizen had called because Reinking was wearing a pink
>> woman's housecoat and carrying an AR-15 rifle.*
>>

>A gun nut is as gun nut does.

Sounds like your typical vegan liberal- probably going to immolate
himself next

[chuckle]

tRudy Crayola

Apr 23, 2018, 12:58:27 AM4/23/18
On 4/22/2018 6:49 PM, raykeller wrote:

It was just that Rudy Canoza showing off again. You know why people
didn't see where he went. He took off his jacket and walked away
naked...Certainly nothing to see there.

--
Rudy's Nut & Fruit farm- Sacramento