OT: Who gives a damn how many people watched the inauguration?

rangerssuck

Jan 22, 2017, 12:24:01 PM1/22/17
Seriously, I couldn't give a rats ass whether 2, 10 or 10 billion people watched. Trump was, somehow elected, he was sworn in and that ought to be that. But for what ever reason, he seems to remain very insecure about his position, and is dwelling on crowd size. The first friggin' press briefing was the press secretary chastising the media for not telling everyone how great the turnout was (it wasn't).

All of this ought to have been forgotten by today, but the President kept tweeting about it. Does anyone seriously think that the rest of the world isn't laughing about this? If this guy is so freaked out about how many people are in the cheering crowd, what's going to happen when there's a real crisis?

I Hope is is successful in getting some good things done (for a more liberal definition of "good"), but with this weekend's temper tantrum, he's not off to a great start.

dpb

Jan 22, 2017, 12:58:39 PM1/22/17
On 01/22/2017 11:23 AM, rangerssuck wrote:
> Seriously, I couldn't give a rats ass whether 2, 10 or 10 billion people watched. ...

Nor do we care about your care or lack thereof...

edhun...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2017, 6:53:32 PM1/22/17
And we don't care whether you care.

--
Ed Huntress

rangerssuck

Jan 23, 2017, 8:06:03 AM1/23/17
And another day goes by and they're STILL talking about it. This is really the behavior of someone with concerns over the relative size of his "hands." It would be a reasonable guess that our enemies around the world are taking notice of this pettiness and insecurity.

Of course, one has to wonder what's really going on here - is this just some sort of smokescreen to cover what's really going on? I wouldn't know.

prairiesky

Jan 23, 2017, 2:41:57 PM1/23/17
On 01/23/2017 05:05 AM, rangerssuck wrote:

> And another day goes by and they're STILL talking about it. This is
> really the behavior of someone with concerns over the relative size
> of his "hands." It would be a reasonable guess that our enemies
> around the world are taking notice of this pettiness and insecurity.
>
> Of course, one has to wonder what's really going on here - is this
> just some sort of smokescreen to cover what's really going on? I
> wouldn't know.

What's really going on is our president's personality disorder.

<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/richard-branson-trump_us_580a45b4e4b000d0b15658d8>

dca...@krl.org

Jan 24, 2017, 7:24:46 PM1/24/17
On Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 12:24:01 PM UTC-5, rangerssuck wrote:
> Seriously, I couldn't give a rats ass whether 2, 10 or 10 billion people watched.

My wife has a theory that Trump uses things like the no. of people at the inauguration as bait for the media. Keeps them busy researching things that do not matter and therefore they do not cover the things that do matter.

Dan

Jim Wilkins

Jan 24, 2017, 8:29:08 PM1/24/17
<dca...@krl.org> wrote in message
Look how well he played Hillary when his people realized she wanted to
boost him from the rear to the leader of the Republican pack because
he appeared the easiest to beat.
http://observer.com/2016/10/wikileaks-reveals-dnc-elevated-trump-to-help-clinton/

Ignoramus24099

Jan 24, 2017, 10:16:39 PM1/24/17
I heard that Bill Clinton himself convinced Trump to run earnestly.

Larry Jaques

Jan 25, 2017, 10:41:34 AM1/25/17
If it's true, we have to send kudos to 'ol Willy for that.

--
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the
government fears the people, there is liberty."