Trump and foreign policy

Ignoramus3825

Jul 23, 2016, 9:08:44 PM7/23/16
It is a little difficult to talk about "Trump's ideas" with a straight
face, but what he says about his future direction of foreign policy is
a extremely radical departure from used to be the cornerstones of
Republican foreign policy.

I find it fascinating that this difference is so little discussed.

Ecnerwal

Jul 24, 2016, 9:53:20 AM7/24/16
In article <g9mdncmX_oWIiAnK...@giganews.com>,
Ignoramus3825 <ignora...@NOSPAM.3825.invalid> wrote:

> It is a little difficult to talk about "Trump's ideas" with a straight
> face,

Gosh, really? Perhaps he needs an astrologer - that worked well for
Regan, I guess.

> but what he says about his future direction of foreign policy is
> a extremely radical departure from used to be the cornerstones of
> Republican foreign policy.
>
> I find it fascinating that this difference is so little discussed.

Not all that fascinating. When "democrats" roll out a "republican"
policy it's loathed and hated by the very republicans that came up with
it. So when "republicans" roll out "democrat" policies they will love
them (and democrats will hate them) - it has nothing to do with the
content of the policy, just who's doing it.

As for cornerstones of any party's policies, they got ground into rubble
years ago. Well, other than "whoever gives the most gold gets whatever
rules they like" - that one doesn't change.

Larry Jaques

Jul 24, 2016, 5:46:39 PM7/24/16
They're too busy pissing and moaning about the length of his tie.

--
It is easier to fool people than it is to
convince people that they have been fooled.

Jim Wilkins

Jul 24, 2016, 6:35:13 PM7/24/16
"Larry Jaques" <lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 23 Jul 2016 20:08:37 -0500, Ignoramus3825
> <ignora...@NOSPAM.3825.invalid> wrote:
>
>>It is a little difficult to talk about "Trump's ideas" with a
>>straight
>>face, but what he says about his future direction of foreign policy
>>is
>>a extremely radical departure from used to be the cornerstones of
>>Republican foreign policy.
>>
>>I find it fascinating that this difference is so little discussed.
>
> They're too busy pissing and moaning about the length of his tie.

They are too afraid of throwing rocks that could rebound into their
own glass house:

http://observer.com/2016/03/its-time-to-talk-about-hillarys-foreign-policy-faux-pas/

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/09/hillary-clinton-fracking-shale-state-department-chevron

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2014/08/hillary_clintons_foreign_policy_failures.html

Larry Jaques

Jul 25, 2016, 8:40:08 AM7/25/16
Wow, and I thought people had reason to dislike, distrust, and disavow
her before...

Jim Wilkins

Jul 25, 2016, 9:02:41 AM7/25/16
"Larry Jaques" <lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote in message
http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2016/06/20/the-mainstream-media-chose-a-side-and-now-its-paying-the-price-n2179451
"But what do you expect from the kind of people who join the MSM?
Instead of the colorful ink-stained wretches of the past, today's
journalists are social justice twerps whose daddies can shell out
north of $59,000 to get a degree in what old school reporters learned
on the job - though old-school reporters didn't have the dubious
benefit of leftist indoctrination and diversity seminars. Today's
cloistered creeps utterly missed the anger among normal Americas that
led to Trump, but then they don't think much of normal Americans.
Recently, Karen Tumulty of the Washington Post took umbrage at one of
my tweets and sneered, "Beginning to understand why you will never
#readabook." Her bio indicates I have more degrees than she does. Nice
reporting there, Scoop."

Larry Jaques

Jul 25, 2016, 4:28:08 PM7/25/16
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 09:03:37 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
<cackle> I hope you shared that with her, too.