Recent work

SteamboatEd Haas

Jul 18, 2016, 2:24:42 AM7/18/16
Building another calliope; maybe this one will be able to carry a tune! https://www.flickr.com/photos/steamboat_ed/albums/72157670728517535

Michael A. Terrell

Jul 18, 2016, 4:56:58 AM7/18/16
SteamboatEd Haas wrote:
> Building another calliope; maybe this one will be able to carry a tune! https://www.flickr.com/photos/steamboat_ed/albums/72157670728517535

If not, you could always try to build some steam powered bagpipes. ;-)

Larry Jaques

Jul 18, 2016, 9:03:09 AM7/18/16
On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 23:24:33 -0700 (PDT), SteamboatEd Haas
<steam...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Building another calliope; maybe this one will be able to carry a tune! https://www.flickr.com/photos/steamboat_ed/albums/72157670728517535

Yabbut, can you? ;)

Lotsa work, Ed. Lookin' good. It looks like you have quite the
investment in solenoids, too.

--
It is easier to fool people than it is to
convince people that they have been fooled.

Larry Jaques

Jul 18, 2016, 9:03:43 AM7/18/16
Changing the theme to The Burning Bagpipe Festival?

Michael A. Terrell

Jul 18, 2016, 10:34:49 AM7/18/16
Larry Jaques wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 04:56:46 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
> <mike.t...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> SteamboatEd Haas wrote:
>>> Building another calliope; maybe this one will be able to carry a tune! https://www.flickr.com/photos/steamboat_ed/albums/72157670728517535
>>

>> If not, you could always try to build some steam powered bagpipes. ;-)
>
> Changing the theme to The Burning Bagpipe Festival?

Bagpipes were invented to scare the enemy on the battlefield. Adding
live steam to one would make it even scarier. I think Ed might be the
only one on the group who could accomplish that task, and do it with
style. :)

Larry Jaques

Jul 18, 2016, 10:48:33 AM7/18/16
On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 10:34:45 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
I'm sorry, sir, but the terms "bagpipe" and "style" cannot coexist in
the same paragraph, let alone sentence or document.

Well, until I heard this. ;) (About 1:30)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28pm8_ac-dc-it-s-a-long-way-to-the-top_music

SteamboatEd Haas

Jan 17, 2018, 11:31:53 AM1/17/18
On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 6:03:09 AM UTC-7, Larry Jaques wrote:
> Lotsa work, Ed. Lookin' good. It looks like you have quite the
> investment in solenoids, too.

--Ah! There's a guy on ebay who sells nothing but valves. The price fluctuate so the trick is to wait for the bargains. I'm buying 'em for about 1/4 of the price for Parker valves.

Larry Jaques

Jan 18, 2018, 1:17:56 AM1/18/18
Paying wholesale or less is the only way to buy anything. VBG

-

butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet,
balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying,
take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations,
analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a
tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is
for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein