I am really disgusted with this gov. interference

knowone

Aug 29, 2006, 11:08:38 PM8/29/06
I have a lot of hot buttons but today, I see that the F.B.I. nabbed a
polygamist who was on the 'Ten Most Wanted List'. He arranged a marriage of
a man and a 16 year-old girl that wasn't married.

Good God Almighty, with all of the world's problems, do we have to have
Uncle Sam putting a polygamist on the most wanted list? Haven't most 16 yr.
old girls in this day and age already delved deeply into sex?

Yeah, I know, where do you draw the line age-wise? She is not a child at
16. Besides, the ten most wanted list is that concerned when we have mass
murderers, terrorists, serial murderers and on and on?

Is it me? I say let's get our limited resources focused on REAL THREATS
and criminals.
Who is with me?

Too_Many_Tools

Aug 29, 2006, 11:54:20 PM8/29/06
Par for the course for the Bush Administration...think of the votes it
will get for the GOP.

Meanwhile billions of dollars were squandered and more Americans died
in Iraq today.

And of course today Bush lied through his teeth and said that the
Katrina victums would be remembered....meanwhile hundreds of billions
of dollars promised will never appear.

The boy President was busy...time to kick back and relax with a drink
or two.

TMT

knowone

Aug 30, 2006, 12:08:06 AM8/30/06
I am a Bush man through and through. He has guts brains and willpower.

Try to hang your message onto another thread.

"Too_Many_Tools" <too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Leo Lichtman

Aug 30, 2006, 12:24:01 AM8/30/06

"knowone" wrote: I am a Bush man through and through. He has guts brains
and willpower.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Actually, he is stubborn and stupid.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Try to hang your message onto another thread.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You open an off-topic thread, and then object when womeone disagrees with
you? Come on!

daniel peterman

Aug 30, 2006, 12:38:55 AM8/30/06
This is a complaint about government on a local level, specifically
police chases and auto theft. What the hell good is derived from cops
chasing some fool over a stolen car? I'm not talking about carjacking
(violent) or wanted individuals. I'm talking about them just going after
some idiot for boosting a car, he freaks out and 20 cars and a couple
choppers get into the act. It is a crime to be sure but is it really
that bad? Aren't there millions of cars out there driving around or just
sitting waiting to be driven? Isn't the crime really against insurance
companies? Is it really worth all that effort to round up some jerk who
hotwired a 96 honda worth maybe 4 grand?
If somebody broke into my house and lifted 4 grand worth of my stuff
while I was at work would they send all those uniforms and detectives
over here to get my stuff back?
You get my point. It happened today here and of course it made the news.
Rant off

dca...@krl.org

Aug 30, 2006, 12:56:05 AM8/30/06
However he did get better grades at Yale than Kerry did. And lots of
people think that Kerry is smart.

Dan

Too_Many_Tools

Aug 30, 2006, 3:26:28 AM8/30/06
Are we talking about the same draft dodging, alcoholic, coke head
George Jr.?

While I would agree that this "government interference" deals with
something a bit less urgent than Katrina recovery, Iraq or Cheney's
next quail hunt, the reports of child rape that have been coming out of
that cult needed to be dealt with.

As another reader emailed me, he suggests that the real reason for the
arrest of this slime ball was because a number of GOP leaders wanted to
get a cut of the kidde action.

That and Rummie wanted some hints as to improving his mind control over
the liberal press.

And oh yeah...you need to mark your OT posts OT so others know it is
OT.

Now bend over and assume the Republican position while we go get the
paddles...the metal paddles (see, that makes it a ON TOPIC posting).
;<)

TMT

Nick Müller

Aug 30, 2006, 3:47:53 AM8/30/06
knowone <fina...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Yeah, I know, where do you draw the line

1. The following is the original rec.crafts.metalworking charter,
for reference.

Charter
-------

Charter -- REC.CRAFTS.METALWORKING

The USENET newsgroup, rec.crafts.metalworking, is a newsgroup which
discusses various aspects of working with metal, such as (but not
limited to):

machining, as on a lathe, milling machine, grinder, etc.;
numerical control of such machines;
welding, whether by gas, arc, mig, tig, thermite, or other methods;
Metal joining, whether welding, brazing, soldering, riveting,
screwing, folding, etc. (this section was added during the discussion)
casting various metals by various methods;
hardening/tempering various metals;
blacksmithing/forging;
spinning and hammer work;
sheet metal work;
jewelry-making;
purchasing and/or reconditioning metalworking tools and machinery;
interesting projects;
books on metal technologies and history;

Example areas of interest:

knife/sword making;
automotive repair;
steam engine (model/scale, though full-sized discussions are welcome!);
art work, such as bronze castings and sculptures;
gunsmithing;
toolmaking, such as for woodworking, further metalworking, etc.;

While the bulk of the discussion will probably be directed towards
small-scale "home" shops, industrial/production discussions are also
quite welcome.

Nick
--
The modular DRO
<http://www.yadro.de>

xray

Aug 30, 2006, 5:56:38 AM8/30/06
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 04:08:06 GMT, "knowone" <fina...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>I am a Bush man through and through. He has guts brains and willpower.

I am really disgusted with this gov.
With your help, we're going to hell on a sled.

Gunner

Aug 30, 2006, 6:15:33 AM8/30/06
On 29 Aug 2006 20:54:20 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
<too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Par for the course for the Bush Administration...think of the votes it
>will get for the GOP.

Waco/Ruby Ridge

BBQ'd any American Kids this week Too Few Brains?

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third
hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're
around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right
before demode` (out of fashion).
-Buddy Jordan 2001

Gunner

Aug 30, 2006, 6:23:47 AM8/30/06
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:47:53 +0200, muell...@gmx.de (Nick Müller)
wrote:

>knowone <fina...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I know, where do you draw the line
>
>1. The following is the original rec.crafts.metalworking charter,
>for reference.

Hey Fritz...Im gonna demonstrate to you exactly how to solve your
problem.

Are you ready? un a von unda two unda

<PLINK>

Mach es dir selber, Herr Blöde Fotze

Gunner

Aug 30, 2006, 6:25:42 AM8/30/06
On 30 Aug 2006 00:26:28 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
<too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Are we talking about the same draft dodging, alcoholic, coke head
>George Jr.?

Was it George Jr who dodged the draft? And his brother the convicted
coke dealer claimed he had "a nose like a Hoover"?

Oooops...no..sorry..it wasnt was it?

Laugh laugh laugh

Steve Smith

Aug 30, 2006, 7:17:17 AM8/30/06
Did you not read the article, or are you deliberately trying to mislead
the (already off topic) thread?

"Jeffs is wanted in Utah and Arizona on charges of arranging two
marriages between underage girls and older men. The charges include two
counts of rape as an accomplice in Utah, with each count punishable by
up to life in prison."

Quite different from your description. Most wanted, I don't know, but
serious crimes.

Steve

Rex B

Aug 30, 2006, 7:52:56 AM8/30/06
Are they calling it rape because the girl was underage?
i.e. statutory rape?

Gunner

Aug 30, 2006, 8:49:30 AM8/30/06
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 02:56:38 -0700, xray <notr...@hotmail.invalid>
wrote:

Which government are you refering to? One of the 50 states, or the
Federal Government?
Wasnt it the Left who has always wanted a big, burly and powerful
Nanny State controlling everything?

Now if the Feebs were really as powerful and nasty as yall claim..why
is it you are not "disappeared" and the Internet shut down?

Why is the Left allowed to do every and anything in its playbook
against it?
Or is this another diatribe similar to that the Left used to scare the
buffoonish..about the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and the Terrible
Religious Right (notice any State Religions cropping up anywhere?)

Gunner

Al Dykes

Aug 30, 2006, 9:23:51 AM8/30/06
In article <p32bf2ph18tmlnqnc...@4ax.com>,

Gunner <gunner...@lightspeed.net> wrote:
>On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 02:56:38 -0700, xray <notr...@hotmail.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 04:08:06 GMT, "knowone" <fina...@earthlink.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I am a Bush man through and through. He has guts brains and willpower.
>>
>>I am really disgusted with this gov.
>>With your help, we're going to hell on a sled.
>
>Which government are you refering to? One of the 50 states, or the
>Federal Government?
>Wasnt it the Left who has always wanted a big, burly and powerful
>Nanny State controlling everything?
>
>Now if the Feebs were really as powerful and nasty as yall claim..why
>is it you are not "disappeared" and the Internet shut down?
>
>Why is the Left allowed to do every and anything in its playbook
>against it?
>Or is this another diatribe similar to that the Left used to scare the
>buffoonish..about the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and the Terrible
>Religious Right (notice any State Religions cropping up anywhere?)
>
>Gunner

The Republicans have been in control of all aspects of the federal
government for 5 years. True, they are not responsible of some of the
things done by the states.

The Cato Institute has torn the Bush administration a new a**hole in
this legal brief that deals with the excesses of the current
administration;

Full PDF (about 25 pages.)
http://www.cato.org/pubs/wtpapers/powersurge_healy_lynch.pdf

Executive Summary
http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=6330
--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m
Harrison for Congress in NY 13CD www.harrison06.com

Larry Jaques

Aug 30, 2006, 9:56:36 AM8/30/06
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 03:08:38 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
"knowone" <fina...@earthlink.net> quickly quoth:

>I have a lot of hot buttons but today, I see that the F.B.I. nabbed a
>polygamist who was on the 'Ten Most Wanted List'. He arranged a marriage of
>a man and a 16 year-old girl that wasn't married.
>http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,210959,00.html
>
>Good God Almighty, with all of the world's problems, do we have to have
>Uncle Sam putting a polygamist on the most wanted list?

Fundamentalists must be in charge! <sigh>

>Haven't most 16 yr.
>old girls in this day and age already delved deeply into sex?

Yes, and many have by the time they've turned into a teen (13.)

>Yeah, I know, where do you draw the line age-wise? She is not a child at
>16. Besides, the ten most wanted list is that concerned when we have mass
>murderers, terrorists, serial murderers and on and on?

In Japan and several other countries, the age of consent is 12. In
China and most of South America it's age 13. We're VERY old-fashioned
here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Age_of_Consent.png

>Is it me? I say let's get our limited resources focused on REAL THREATS
>and criminals.

Gee, according to the Shrub, we have unlimited funds to blow.

>Who is with me?

I, for one. I really need to change my party affiliation to
Libertarian instead of just voting that way. We need to get the ranks
up and let the totally corrupt Reps and Dems know that we mean
business.

---
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
--John Wayne (1907 - 1979)

Larry Jaques

Aug 30, 2006, 9:58:04 AM8/30/06
On 29 Aug 2006 21:56:05 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
dca...@krl.org quickly quoth:

>However he did get better grades at Yale than Kerry did. And lots of
>people think that Kerry is smart.
>
> Dan

I wonder what that cost the Shrub...

Larry Jaques

Aug 30, 2006, 10:00:13 AM8/30/06
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:47:53 +0200, with neither quill nor qualm,
muell...@gmx.de (Nick Müller) quickly quoth:

>knowone <fina...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I know, where do you draw the line
>
>1. The following is the original rec.crafts.metalworking charter,
>for reference.

Well, isn't this the gov't metaling <groan> into our business, OTnick?

*

Aug 30, 2006, 10:12:03 AM8/30/06

knowone <fina...@earthlink.net> wrote in article
<Wi7Jg.11887$Qf....@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...

Oh, it is YOU.....No question!

I guess you have to BE one to KNOW one.....

Apparently some people do not pay attention to newspapers and news
broadcasts, and cannot see the threat to underage kids that such a
lifestyle might present.

I guess a 12-year-old who had been raped by her stepfather would become
"fair game". After all, she had now experienced sex.......

Maybe people who sexually prey on underaged kids SHOULD be completely
ignored by law authorities......

............especially when hordes of revenge-driven vigilantes catch up
with them.

I, for one, would support you 100 percent on that concept.

Ignoramus6539

Aug 30, 2006, 10:19:39 AM8/30/06
I have a hypothetical question (being actually married and
all). Suppose that I travel to China, where age of consent is
presumably 14 years (using the age of consent map that Jerry
mentioned), marry a 14 year old and bring her to the US. Would that
marriage be legal?

Pushing the envelope a little further, suppose a US based Muslim man
went to Pakistan, paid dowry and married a 12 year old (legal
there). If that Muslim man was to bring his 12 year old wife here,
would that be a legal thing to do?

Or, say a Saudi sheik has multiple wives, which is perfectly within
legal bounds there. Can he travel with both of them to the US without
being arrested for polygamy?

dca...@krl.org

Aug 30, 2006, 11:47:39 AM8/30/06
Once again facts countered by innuendo.

Dan

dca...@krl.org

Aug 30, 2006, 11:56:58 AM8/30/06
Get real. Most of the government consists of civil servants, who are
not controled by their immediate supervisors, much less by the
presidents political party.

Dan

knowone

Aug 30, 2006, 12:57:25 PM8/30/06
He didn't disagree necessarily; he used the topic for a political message.

"Leo Lichtman" <l.lic...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

knowone

Aug 30, 2006, 12:59:50 PM8/30/06
If you cannot tell that it was off-topic by the header or subject line then,
you need reading comprehension lessons.

"Too_Many_Tools" <too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

knowone

Aug 30, 2006, 1:03:26 PM8/30/06
You're funny.

"*" <nos...@this.addy.com> wrote in message

kurgan

Aug 30, 2006, 1:10:12 PM8/30/06

Gunner wrote:

> Wasnt it the Left who has always wanted a big, burly and powerful
> Nanny State controlling everything?

It used to be, but when the W. Bush Admin is done, they will have
increased the size of the government (proportionally) by more than even
LBJ.

It's not a good administration for those of us, the true conservatives,
who believe in small government.

knowone

Aug 30, 2006, 1:10:26 PM8/30/06
Seems as though that most are missing the point and have either made my
original post into a political football or want to turn it into debate as to
if child abuse should be condoned.

Child abuse should not be condoned and I never said that the guy was right
in what he did. I simply stated that the F.B.I. should concentrate the
majority of their resources on much more life-threatening issues such as the
current terrorism threat.

The state/s are equipped to handle that type of case even if the Mann Act
was violated.

However, feel free to twist it, turn it and convolute it into whatever
emotional baggage and laundry that you want to display.

"Ignoramus6539" <ignora...@NOSPAM.6539.invalid> wrote in message

Nick Hull

Aug 30, 2006, 1:13:25 PM8/30/06
In article <1156953418.7...@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>,
"dca...@krl.org" <dca...@krl.org> wrote:

> Get real. Most of the government consists of civil servants, who are
> not controled by their immediate supervisors, much less by the
> presidents political party.

That's why civil servants must be term limited, say 10 years max in
civil service and then they have to get a real job and pay taxes like
the rest of us ;)

Too_Many_Tools

Aug 30, 2006, 2:26:22 PM8/30/06
Ig,

I think that is a very good question...and I note that none of the
Republican bedroom police has an answer for it.

I can recall a number of news stories where immigrates have been
arrested and jailed for doing what is allowed and expected in the old
country.

America is not as tolerate as we like to think we are.

The "melting pot" mentality is code for "be like us or else".

Note the backlash in respect to the Hispanic immigration that is
changing this country.

In reference to the Saudi question, if multiple marriages are so bad
then why are the Saudis not arrested when they visit....instead
Republicans hold hands with them.

TMT

F. George McDuffee

Aug 30, 2006, 2:38:45 PM8/30/06
On 30 Aug 2006 00:26:28 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
<too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote:
<snip>

>While I would agree that this "government interference" deals with
>something a bit less urgent than Katrina recovery, Iraq or Cheney's
>next quail hunt, the reports of child rape that have been coming out of
>that cult needed to be dealt with.
<snip>
Most likely this is not some reactionary plot but rather a result
of a bureaucrat looking to pump up their numbers by scoring an
easy win and/or in an area known to be "hot" with their boss.

It does however ignore the generally acceptage truism that "He
who tries to protect everything protects nothing."

One of the most characteristic traits of a manager or executive
that is "in over their depth," is the failure or inability to
prioritize, and thus all activity and accomplishment becomes
"equal."

I suggest that from an overall socio-economic impact (i.e. $$$$)
the activities detailed in following article are of far more
importance to the majority (c. >95%) of the American people.
Where's Waxman when we need him?
U.S. report: More nicotine in cigarettes

By STEVE LeBLANC, Associated Press Writer 2 hours, 1 minute ago

BOSTON - The level of nicotine that smokers typically consume per
cigarette has risen about 10 percent in the past six years,
making it harder to quit and easier to get hooked, according to a
new report released Tuesday by the Massachusetts Department of
Health.

The study shows a steady climb in the amount of nicotine
delivered to the lungs of smokers regardless of brand, with
overall nicotine yields increasing by about 10 percent.

Massachusetts is one of three states to require tobacco companies
to submit information about nicotine testing according to its
specifications and the only state with data going back to 1998.

Public Health Commissioner Paul Cote Jr. called the findings
"significant."

The study found the three most popular cigarette brands with
young smokers — Marlboro, Newport and Camel — delivered
significantly more nicotine than they did six years ago. Nicotine
consumed in Kool, a popular menthol brand, rose 20 percent, for
example.
<snip>

for rest of article see
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060830/ap_on_he_me/increasing_nicotine

Unka George (George McDuffee)
=============================
When you give power to an executive
you do not know who will be filling
that position when the time of crisis comes.

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961), U.S. author.
"Notes on the Next War: A Serious Topical Letter,"
in Esquire (New York, Sept. 1935; repr.
in By-Line Ernest Hemingway, ed. by William White, 1967).

Al Dykes

Aug 30, 2006, 3:57:57 PM8/30/06
In article <1156957812.0...@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com>,

The size of the federal government was at it's historic minimum
measured by employee headcount as a percentage of the US population,
at the end of the Clinton/beginning of Bush era. It's been uphill
since then.

batw

Aug 30, 2006, 4:19:37 PM8/30/06
I'm with you brother,but my opinion does not count....

"knowone" <fina...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Jim

Aug 30, 2006, 4:43:01 PM8/30/06
knowone wrote:
> He didn't disagree necessarily; he used the topic for a political message.

So your post wasn't political ??

Jim

Aug 30, 2006, 4:56:04 PM8/30/06
knowone wrote:
> If you cannot tell that it was off-topic by the header or subject line then,
> you need reading comprehension lessons.

Could have been Govt intervention with new regulations on who can be
supplied with Acetylene, Compressed CO2, Argon, TIG rods or sheet steel.
I'm in England, as are others in this group as I'm sure are in the
metalworking group this thread is getting cross posted to, If I wanted
to read about American politics I would have looked for an American
politics group.

I think you need Newsnet Comprehension Lessons, I'm sure they're
available in your area .... try Google for starters

Bart D. Hull

Aug 30, 2006, 5:02:23 PM8/30/06
You don't know the whole story.

This prick stole tens of millions of taxpayer money to finance his
"fundamentalist" Mormon church on the Arizona, Utah border.

They spent less capturing him than what he stole and he led a cult of
child molesting sicko's on top of that.

Yes, this is what law enforcement is about. Only the Mormon politicians
slowed down the process of locking this guy and his henchmen up.

Look at the Phoenix New Times articles and get the skinny. It's almost
unbelievable it could happen in recent times.

Bart D. Hull
bdhull...@inficad.com
Tempe, Arizona

Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

jim rozen

Aug 30, 2006, 4:49:59 PM8/30/06
In article <Ga8Jg.11907$Qf....@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>, knowone
says...

>I am a Bush man through and through.

Bush man, married 16 year olds, makes sense.

please reply to:

jim rozen

Aug 30, 2006, 5:07:30 PM8/30/06
In article <44f5fcda$0$84252$4c5e...@news.getnet.net>, Bart D. Hull says...

>You don't know the whole story.
>
>This prick stole tens of millions of taxpayer money to finance his
>"fundamentalist" Mormon church on the Arizona, Utah border.

Damn. Don't tell Dick Cheney about this. He'd want to hire
the guy for Halliburton, on the spot.

Jim

Bob

Aug 30, 2006, 8:36:38 PM8/30/06
Better? I read "virtually identical". Described as "lackluster".
Not too impressive.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2005/06/07/yale_grades_portray_kerry_as_a_lackluster_student/

Bob

<dca...@krl.org> wrote in message

> However he did get better grades at Yale than Kerry did. And lots of
> people think that Kerry is smart.
>
> Dan
>

> Leo Lichtman wrote:
> > "knowone" wrote: I am a Bush man through and through. He has guts brains
> > and willpower.

knowone

Aug 30, 2006, 10:38:41 PM8/30/06
Nope, it wasn't.

"Jim" <m...@here.com> wrote in message

knowone

Aug 30, 2006, 11:51:30 PM8/30/06
Then, Jimbo, it would have been on topic, wouldn't it and, you would have to
go beat the wife for entertainment.

Naturally, your myopia prevents you from seeing that this was not a
political post.

Now, run along.

"Jim" <m...@here.com> wrote in message

jim rozen

Aug 31, 2006, 12:47:38 AM8/31/06
In article <6EjJg.589$v%4....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>, knowone says...

>Seems as though that most are missing the point and have either made my
>original post into a political football

Well that's what ya get for posting OT political crap on a metalworking
newsgroup. Only gunner's allowed to do that!!

*

Aug 31, 2006, 10:13:21 AM8/31/06

Larry Jaques <novalidaddress@di/ersify.com> wrote in article
<ah5bf2taeavb0v2ke...@4ax.com>...

> >Yeah, I know, where do you draw the line age-wise? She is not a child
at
> >16. Besides, the ten most wanted list is that concerned when we have
mass
> >murderers, terrorists, serial murderers and on and on?
>

> In Japan and several other countries, the age of consent is 12. In
> China and most of South America it's age 13. We're VERY old-fashioned
> here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Age_of_Consent.png

But, the OP was discussing one of the Ten Most Wanted in the U.S.A. - NOT
Japan - alleged to have violated a U.S. law - NOT a Japanese law.

Were he a Japanese citizen, doing this in Japan, he would not - could not -
have been charged under U.S. law.

But there are laws concerning this in the USA, and he is alleged to have
violated those laws.

Or, should we simply take the liberal stance yet again and ignore it......

..........just like Clinton's perjury,
..........just like Mexicans violating US immigration laws,
..........just like "unfair" "recreational drug" laws,
..........etc.?

I'm beginning to see a pattern here when it comes to liberals and the
law.....

.....they seem to always want to be above it.

Perhaps it is time for the Democrats to lose the donkey and adopt the
ostrich with its head in the sand.

Al Dykes

Aug 31, 2006, 10:29:19 AM8/31/06
In article <01c6cd06$d7b68a00$c595c3d8@race>, * <nos...@this.addy.com> wrote:

>Larry Jaques <novalidaddress@di/ersify.com> wrote in article
><ah5bf2taeavb0v2ke...@4ax.com>...
>>

>> >Yeah, I know, where do you draw the line age-wise? She is not a child
>at
>> >16. Besides, the ten most wanted list is that concerned when we have
>mass
>> >murderers, terrorists, serial murderers and on and on?
>>
>> In Japan and several other countries, the age of consent is 12. In
>> China and most of South America it's age 13. We're VERY old-fashioned
>> here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Age_of_Consent.png
>>

>But, the OP was discussing one of the Ten Most Wanted in the U.S.A. - NOT
>Japan - alleged to have violated a U.S. law - NOT a Japanese law.
>
>Were he a Japanese citizen, doing this in Japan, he would not - could not -
>have been charged under U.S. law.
>
>But there are laws concerning this in the USA, and he is alleged to have
>violated those laws.
>
>Or, should we simply take the liberal stance yet again and ignore it......
>
>..........just like Clinton's perjury,
>..........just like Mexicans violating US immigration laws,
>..........just like "unfair" "recreational drug" laws,
>..........etc.?
>
>I'm beginning to see a pattern here when it comes to liberals and the
>law.....

What does "liberals" have to do with Immigration laws? Reagan's
amnesty with no on-gong enforcement put us in out current position.
Pot is hardly a "liberal" thing. Most kids and many adults use it, and
Bush and Clinton have both admitted to use of illegal substances.
Clinton lied and was impeached and found not guilty.

Back to your original point about the guy that was arrested. NPR news
reports that his alleged crimes are for arranging forced marriages and
rape. Polygamy is not the charge.

Jim

Aug 31, 2006, 5:17:28 PM8/31/06
Government Interference, or to quote YOU "gov. interference" ... acts of
government are by their very nature POLITICAL

Jim

Jim

Aug 31, 2006, 5:18:28 PM8/31/06

As a troll you have to be the lamest

*

Aug 31, 2006, 5:54:22 PM8/31/06

Al Dykes <ady...@panix.com> wrote in article
<ed6rnv$87k$1...@panix5.panix.com>...

You're right, of course.......It's the Conservative Republicans who
organized and marched in the July 4th Illegal Aliens parades, wasn't it?

(They are aliens - not US citizens, and, having bypassed legal channels and
processes to enter this country, they have broken immigration laws and are
in this country illegally, so I refuse to call the "undocumented
aliens"....THAT's even MORE liberal B.S.)

Of course, Cindy Sheehan - such a staunch Bush supporter that she's ALWAYS
trying to get closer to him in Crawford - led one of the marches, didn't
she?

THAT certainly gives it a Republican Conservative flavor, doesn't it?

Libs want no laws. They want to do what they want to do without regard for
others, and they want everybody to look the other way when they don't like
the consequences of breaking the law..

*

Aug 31, 2006, 5:54:24 PM8/31/06

knowone <fina...@earthlink.net> wrote in article
<Wi7Jg.11887$Qf....@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...

> I am really disgusted with this gov. interference

Here's a thought......

Go find another country with a government that is more to your liking and
move there.

You DO have that power, and THAT - the loss of your taxes - will certainly
teach "the government" a lesson.

knowone

Aug 31, 2006, 8:28:43 PM8/31/06
I really get a kick out of some of you guys. One makes a comment and all of
the psychological disorders trot out - especially Jimbo with his
oppositional agenda.

Wassa matta, kiddies? Did you not get you fair share of spanking or
discipline as kids and now, your subconcious seeks it out unbeknownst to
you?

Next disorder - trot right out.

"*" <nos...@this.addy.com> wrote in message

xray

Sep 1, 2006, 1:41:48 AM9/1/06
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 00:28:43 GMT, "knowone" <fina...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>I really get a kick out of some of you guys. One makes a comment and all of
>the psychological disorders trot out - especially Jimbo with his
>oppositional agenda.
>
>Wassa matta, kiddies? Did you not get you fair share of spanking or
>discipline as kids and now, your subconcious seeks it out unbeknownst to
>you?
>
>Next disorder - trot right out.

Well, you're an idiot and won't admit it when your bullshit is called.
What do you expect?

Please continue to indulge your attention demand and waste bandwidth.
I'm sure you must. Shutting-the-fuck-up couldn't possily be an option
you'd see.

Sorry for wasting this message. No more here.

jim rozen

Sep 1, 2006, 1:28:25 AM9/1/06
In article <%8LJg.4170$bM....@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>, knowone
says...

>Wassa matta, kiddies? Did you not get you fair share of spanking or
>discipline as kids

At least most of us don't troll around behind pseudonyms.

I'm pretty sure I know what happend to you as a kid - I can tell
by the flat spot on the top of your head.

xray

Sep 1, 2006, 1:46:01 AM9/1/06
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:18:28 GMT, Jim <m...@here.com> wrote:

>knowone wrote:
>>> I think ...

>As a troll you have to be the lamest

Agreed.

Hawke

Sep 1, 2006, 2:13:19 AM9/1/06

"kurgan" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Gunner wrote:
>
> > Wasnt it the Left who has always wanted a big, burly and powerful
> > Nanny State controlling everything?
>

> It used to be, but when the W. Bush Admin is done, they will have
> increased the size of the government (proportionally) by more than even
> LBJ.
>
> It's not a good administration for those of us, the true conservatives,
> who believe in small government.

It's not a good government for anyone else either. This is clearly the most
incompetent and hypocritical administration in decades, maybe ever. But even
so will the public, who is being so poorly served, actually be smart enough
send them packing? Never underestimate the power of a good advertising
campaign and the Bush administration's sales team has already started it's
program to make failure look like success and to make Democrats look like
Satan incarnate. Usually, that doesn't start until Labor Day but since it's
such an epic job for the republicans to make their record look like one of
success they've started a few days early this year.

Hawke

Hawke

Sep 1, 2006, 2:14:09 AM9/1/06

"jim rozen" <jim_m...@newsguy.com> wrote in message

> In article <Ga8Jg.11907$Qf....@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>, knowone
> says...
> >
> >I am a Bush man through and through.
>
> Bush man, married 16 year olds, makes sense.

12 and 13 year olds too.

Gunner

Sep 1, 2006, 3:13:55 AM9/1/06
On 30 Aug 2006 10:10:12 -0700, "kurgan" <kgrin...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Gunner wrote:
>
>> Wasnt it the Left who has always wanted a big, burly and powerful
>> Nanny State controlling everything?
>

>It used to be, but when the W. Bush Admin is done, they will have
>increased the size of the government (proportionally) by more than even
>LBJ.
>
>It's not a good administration for those of us, the true conservatives,
>who believe in small government.

You know..I never did get an answer of where all that deficiet money
that the Bush administration has spent, went.

A number of people commented on the question..but no body came up with
any answers.

Id still like to know. I also believe it was Messr. Rozen that was
asked about the deficit in 1945, adjusted to todays dollars.

Didnt get any answer from him either..if it was in deed him. At
least..no one answered that question.

Id like to know that as well.

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third
hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're
around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right
before demode` (out of fashion).
-Buddy Jordan 2001

Gunner

Sep 1, 2006, 3:19:05 AM9/1/06
On 30 Aug 2006 11:26:22 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
<too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I think that is a very good question...and I note that none of the
>Republican bedroom police has an answer for it.

What bedroom police are those? A few on the religious right that the
Left has inflated to monstrous sizes and used as a sock puppet to
scare its Useful Idiots with?

Would that be like Internet Censorship..Tipper Gore, wasn't it?

Gunner, who lived quite happily in a menages a trois for well over 5
yrs until the much loved "third" had to go tend to her dying mother,
than gave her away at her wedding 4 yrs later

xray

Sep 1, 2006, 3:30:53 AM9/1/06
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 07:13:55 GMT, Gunner <gunner...@lightspeed.net>
wrote:

>You know..I never did get an answer of where all that deficiet money
>that the Bush administration has spent, went.

I don't follow these threads, but -- THE WAR IN IRAQ -- is pretty
expensive. Not sure of the exact original meaning, but maybe we wouldn't
be quite so many billions in debt without this ill-conceived exercise.

Maybe it's just parallel stupidity (quite possible) but maybe the
hurricane victums could'a got better help if the NATIONAL GUARD hadn't
been burned out as part of the regular army in some other nation.

Gunner

Sep 1, 2006, 3:30:52 AM9/1/06
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:38:45 -0500, F. George McDuffee
<gmcd...@mcduffee-associates.us> wrote:

>BOSTON - The level of nicotine that smokers typically consume per
>cigarette has risen about 10 percent in the past six years,

One of the few areas today where you get better value for your money
than before. And of course..the Gubmint gets a bigger rake off in
taxes.

Gunner

Gunner

Sep 1, 2006, 6:19:14 AM9/1/06
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 00:30:53 -0700, xray <notr...@hotmail.invalid>
wrote:

So you are saying you dont know either?

Larry Jaques

Sep 1, 2006, 9:52:39 AM9/1/06
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 07:13:55 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
<gunner...@lightspeed.net> quickly quoth:

>On 30 Aug 2006 10:10:12 -0700, "kurgan" <kgrin...@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Gunner wrote:
>>
>>> Wasnt it the Left who has always wanted a big, burly and powerful
>>> Nanny State controlling everything?
>>
>>It used to be, but when the W. Bush Admin is done, they will have
>>increased the size of the government (proportionally) by more than even
>>LBJ.
>>
>>It's not a good administration for those of us, the true conservatives,
>>who believe in small government.
>
>You know..I never did get an answer of where all that deficiet money
>that the Bush administration has spent, went.
>
>A number of people commented on the question..but no body came up with
>any answers.

The war in Iraq.
The war in Afghanistan.
The so-called "War on Terror."
The so-called "Homeland Security I."
The so-called "Homeland Security II."
Numerous other clusterfucks around 9/11.
And preparations for war against Syria, Iran, and North Korea.

And that's just the short list.

---
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
--John Wayne (1907 - 1979)

Larry Jaques

Sep 1, 2006, 10:28:53 AM9/1/06
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 07:30:52 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
<gunner...@lightspeed.net> quickly quoth:

>On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:38:45 -0500, F. George McDuffee

><gmcd...@mcduffee-associates.us> wrote:
>

>>BOSTON - The level of nicotine that smokers typically consume per
>>cigarette has risen about 10 percent in the past six years,
>
>One of the few areas today where you get better value for your money
>than before. And of course..the Gubmint gets a bigger rake off in
>taxes.

But we taxpayers get raped for subsidies for all the "poor" tobacco
farmers.

arachnid

Sep 1, 2006, 10:40:51 AM9/1/06
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:54:22 -0500, * wrote:

> Libs want no laws. They want to do what they want to do without regard for
> others, and they want everybody to look the other way when they don't like
> the consequences of breaking the law..

The same thing could be said of Bush.

Too_Many_Tools

Sep 1, 2006, 11:31:27 AM9/1/06
Well it seems that Ig asked a REALLY GOOD QUESTION since the
conservative bedroom police have yet to answer it.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
> Ig,

> I think that is a very good question...and I note that none of the
> Republican bedroom police has an answer for it.
>

> I can recall a number of news stories where immigrates have been
> arrested and jailed for doing what is allowed and expected in the old
> country.
>
> America is not as tolerate as we like to think we are.
>
> The "melting pot" mentality is code for "be like us or else".
>
> Note the backlash in respect to the Hispanic immigration that is
> changing this country.
>
> In reference to the Saudi question, if multiple marriages are so bad
> then why are the Saudis not arrested when they visit....instead
> Republicans hold hands with them.
>
> TMT
>

> Ignoramus6539 wrote:
> > I have a hypothetical question (being actually married and
> > all). Suppose that I travel to China, where age of consent is
> > presumably 14 years (using the age of consent map that Jerry
> > mentioned), marry a 14 year old and bring her to the US. Would that
> > marriage be legal?
> >
> > Pushing the envelope a little further, suppose a US based Muslim man
> > went to Pakistan, paid dowry and married a 12 year old (legal
> > there). If that Muslim man was to bring his 12 year old wife here,
> > would that be a legal thing to do?
> >
> > Or, say a Saudi sheik has multiple wives, which is perfectly within
> > legal bounds there. Can he travel with both of them to the US without
> > being arrested for polygamy?

F. George McDuffee

Sep 1, 2006, 12:16:04 PM9/1/06
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 07:28:53 -0700, Larry Jaques
<novalidaddress@di\/ersify.com> wrote:

>But we taxpayers get raped for subsidies for all the "poor" tobacco
>farmers.

===============
That's just the tip of the iceberg.

As taxpayers we get to fund at enormous expense:

(1) Price supports, research to increase per acre yield, and
improve tobacco plants, benefiting not only the farmers but also
the tobacco companies. In some cases the nicotine content has
become so high that workers have been overcome and a few killed
just from handling the plants and absorbing lethal doses through
their skin.

(2) Smoking cessation and prevention programs.

(3) Cancer research

(4) Much of the costs for medical treatments of diseases and
conditions resulting from tobacco use.

(5) Government efforts to increase US tobacco exports to other
countries.

WTF?!?!?!?

This is only one example of far too many where the US government
is standing on the gas and the brakes at the same time and
wondering why the fuel economy is so bad and where that funny
smell is coming from. In the south that's called "taking slows
and goes." Although this does induce euphoria, is known to cause
people to depart this world from time to time.

Unka George (George McDuffee)
=============================
When you give power to an executive
you do not know who will be filling
that position when the time of crisis comes.

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961), U.S. author.
"Notes on the Next War: A Serious Topical Letter,"
in Esquire (New York, Sept. 1935; repr.
in By-Line Ernest Hemingway, ed. by William White, 1967).

Gunner

Sep 1, 2006, 1:05:55 PM9/1/06

Ok..so this is somehow different than any other war president, such as
Truman or LBJ? Or the Cold War Presidents?
I was thinking it was about something bad considering all the noise
everyone has been making about Growing the Deficiet.

Anyone else care to take a shot at it?

Gunner

>---
>Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
>very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands.
>It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
> --John Wayne (1907 - 1979)

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third

Gunner

Sep 1, 2006, 1:06:40 PM9/1/06
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 09:40:51 -0500, arachnid <no...@goawayspammer.com>
wrote:

Only by the usual Bush-Haters. Not with anyone who has functioning
brain cells.

Gunner

Gunner

Sep 1, 2006, 1:07:41 PM9/1/06
On 1 Sep 2006 08:31:27 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
<too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Well it seems that Ig asked a REALLY GOOD QUESTION since the
>conservative bedroom police have yet to answer it.
>
>TMT

Im still waiting for an explaination of "bedroom police"

Or is this the same thing as the Keebler Elves?

Gunner

Sep 1, 2006, 1:08:08 PM9/1/06
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 07:28:53 -0700, Larry Jaques
<novalidaddress@di\/ersify.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 07:30:52 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
><gunner...@lightspeed.net> quickly quoth:
>
>>On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:38:45 -0500, F. George McDuffee
>><gmcd...@mcduffee-associates.us> wrote:
>>

>>>BOSTON - The level of nicotine that smokers typically consume per
>>>cigarette has risen about 10 percent in the past six years,
>>
>>One of the few areas today where you get better value for your money
>>than before. And of course..the Gubmint gets a bigger rake off in
>>taxes.
>
>But we taxpayers get raped for subsidies for all the "poor" tobacco
>farmers.

My smokes come from Latvia.

Gunner

>---
>Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
>very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands.
>It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
> --John Wayne (1907 - 1979)

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third

Gunner

Sep 1, 2006, 1:09:38 PM9/1/06

Interesting. Now would you care to provide us with the amount of taxes
per year the Gubmint takes in on those tobaccy products?

Gunner

>Unka George (George McDuffee)
>=============================
>When you give power to an executive
>you do not know who will be filling
>that position when the time of crisis comes.
>
>Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961), U.S. author.
>"Notes on the Next War: A Serious Topical Letter,"
>in Esquire (New York, Sept. 1935; repr.
>in By-Line Ernest Hemingway, ed. by William White, 1967).

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third

Dave Hinz

Sep 1, 2006, 2:40:04 PM9/1/06
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:07:41 GMT, Gunner <gunner...@lightspeed.net> wrote:
> On 1 Sep 2006 08:31:27 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
><too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Well it seems that Ig asked a REALLY GOOD QUESTION since the
>>conservative bedroom police have yet to answer it.

> Im still waiting for an explaination of "bedroom police"

> Or is this the same thing as the Keebler Elves?

Gunner, I think I can explain that. It's the libs way of pretending
that Bush doesn't want people doing certain things. In reality, it's a
case of "just don't ask us to call it something it's not", but they
pretend it's otherwise.

brokenvultureart

Sep 1, 2006, 2:49:17 PM9/1/06
The youngest girl that I have seen him accused of forcing into marriage
with an older man is listed at 13 years of age and for that he is
wanted for "(statutory?) Rape by accomplice".
Link:
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/states/california/northern_california/15415597.htm

He's made his money by selling off children to old men that support his
vision and turfing out teenage boys from the community; taking their
access to families, social lives and futures in their home community to
further his sales.

I think he's worth pursuit if you value the children and the laws of
the country.
:Chris

>-----knowone wrote:
> I have a lot of hot buttons but today, I see that the F.B.I. nabbed a
> polygamist who was on the 'Ten Most Wanted List'. He arranged a marriage of
> a man and a 16 year-old girl that wasn't married.
> Good God Almighty, with all of the world's problems, do we have to have
> Uncle Sam putting a polygamist on the most wanted list? Haven't most 16 yr.
> old girls in this day and age already delved deeply into sex?

> Yeah, I know, where do you draw the line age-wise? She is not a child at
> 16. Besides, the ten most wanted list is that concerned when we have mass
> murderers, terrorists, serial murderers and on and on?

> Is it me? I say let's get our limited resources focused on REAL THREATS
> and criminals.
> Who is with me?

knowone

Sep 1, 2006, 2:59:41 PM9/1/06
Reading comprehension must be rare these days.

Sure, he is worth pursuit but not by the F.B.I. who has many other things to
attend to.

"brokenvultureart" <BrokenVu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

knowone

Sep 1, 2006, 3:08:36 PM9/1/06
Kinda funny that a "lame troll" could so easily catch your ilk.

Now, run along.

"xray" <notr...@hotmail.invalid> wrote in message

F. George McDuffee

Sep 1, 2006, 3:35:48 PM9/1/06

<snip>

Assuming that you mean the net tax revenue rather than some sort
of "net operating," "proforma," or "EBIDTA" pipe-dream revenue,
this is a "state secret" with the highest possible classification
in that nobody knows.

Unfortunately, the legislators, administration and policy makers
only look at the gross tax revenues.

It is simple enough to total up what the gross tobacco taxes are
for the feds, states, cities, etc., but the costs to collect and
enforce, both governmental and taxpayer, are more difficult to
determine. However the gross amount of taxes collected, less the
direct costs to collect and enforce [to both governments and
taxpayers] does not appear to be very large in comparison to the
other incurred costs.

There are other offsetting expenses such as farm subsidies,
export promotion grants, university research etc., which are not
readily available, or even identifiable without in-depth
investigation (but which may yield dividends in other areas). It
appears these expenses more than off set the net revenues, i.e.
gross taxes collected less direct cost to collect.

The largest dollar amount appears to be the consequential
economic losses to society such as medical expenses, lost
productivity because of smoking on the job and smoking related
absenteeism, fire damages/losses resulting from smoking, and the
loss of expertise because of illness and death. Unfortunately,
this is also the most difficult to identify and calculate.

The net loss to government and society from tobacco use [mainly
smoking] is clearly gigantic, but any quantification is simply
reading the "tea leaves" or "chicken entrails."

This is a typical real-world problem in that the decision is not
between good/better/best, or even good/bad, but rather between
bad [status quo]/worse/worst [total ban]. The "barn-burners"
suggest the immediate and total abolition of tobacco as a
dangerous drug is called for. The required combination of the
DEA and BATF armed with powers of a new and improved "Patriot
kick-the-butts no-knock" act should give everyone pause. I say
this, although both my parents died at least 10 years earlier
than they should have because of lifetimes of heavy smoking.

This is problem that required 250 years to create and who knows
how long to unwind. A few people got [and are getting] rich
while everyone else gets it on the shin.

jim rozen

Sep 1, 2006, 4:21:25 PM9/1/06
In article <j5qgf2plfr3378plq...@4ax.com>, Gunner says...

>Im still waiting for an explaination of "bedroom police"

It's an up-and coming feature of your winger party. They want to
re-install their morals in your bedroom. Up until a few years ago
for example, it was illegal to prescribe or dispense birth control
to married people (or anyone for that matter) in the state of
CT.

Look up the USSC case Griswold vs. CT and you can see how that
was overturned. The right to privacy as described by the US
constitution was the focal point of that decision.

The decision Roe vs. Wade rested on the foundation of Griswold.

The present administration has made no secret of the fact they
consider the right to privacy one of those things they want to
destroy.

Illegal wiretapping.

Datamining financial records.

Give-aways to banks, credit card companies, etc.

ph...@mindspring.com

Sep 1, 2006, 5:40:15 PM9/1/06
Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner <gunner...@lightspeed.net>

wrote on Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:07:41 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
>On 1 Sep 2006 08:31:27 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
><too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Well it seems that Ig asked a REALLY GOOD QUESTION since the
>>conservative bedroom police have yet to answer it.
>>
>>TMT
>
>Im still waiting for an explaination of "bedroom police"

Have you ever noticed how the same people who are apoplectic about the
thought of "bedroom police" seem utterly unconcerned about "kitchen police"
and "living room police" and inside your car monitors, and various other
intrusions of government into your private life "for your own good"? Seems
that Democrats already agree that the government should be monitoring you
compliance with Governmental mandates on Right Behavior, they're just upset
that the other Government Control Party wants monitor and control what is
proper behavior to include the metaphoric bedroom as well.

>Or is this the same thing as the Keebler Elves?

"Toof fairy"

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
Monotheism, someone has said, offers two simple axioms:
1) There is a God.
2) It's not you.

*

Sep 1, 2006, 5:58:51 PM9/1/06

knowone <fina...@earthlink.net> wrote in article
<xq%Jg.13188$Qf....@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...

> Reading comprehension must be rare these days.
>
> Sure, he is worth pursuit but not by the F.B.I. who has many other things
> attend to.

I am sure you would continue your commitment to the above
statement......even if the 13-year-old were your own daughter.

Just let the poor bastard go.....He doesn't deserve having the FBI come
down so hard on him.

If it were MY daughter, I would be out to save the FBI a bit of trouble on
my own.....if you know what I mean.

I'll bet that there are more than a handful of fathers - along with several
of their buddies - who would take the very same approach.

That piece of schidt should be thankful he got caught by law authorities
before some pissed-off father caught up with him......

Now, he just has to survive as a child molester in prison - an atmosphere
that is not known to be kind to such scum.

Keep up that fine, liberal tradition of protecting scum.......It looks good
on you.

*

Sep 1, 2006, 6:01:42 PM9/1/06

jim rozen <jim_m...@newsguy.com> wrote in article
<eda4o...@drn.newsguy.com>...

> In article <j5qgf2plfr3378plq...@4ax.com>, Gunner says...
>
> >Im still waiting for an explaination of "bedroom police"
>
> It's an up-and coming feature of your winger party. They want to
> re-install their morals in your bedroom.

So you're saying that the right of older men to marry and have sex with
13-year-olds is highly moral and should be protected??

Donald

Sep 1, 2006, 6:10:55 PM9/1/06
ph...@mindspring.com wrote:
> Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner <gunner...@lightspeed.net>
> wrote on Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:07:41 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
>
>>On 1 Sep 2006 08:31:27 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
>><too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Well it seems that Ig asked a REALLY GOOD QUESTION since the
>>>conservative bedroom police have yet to answer it.
>>>
>>>TMT
>>
>>Im still waiting for an explaination of "bedroom police"
>

> Have you ever noticed how the same people who are apoplectic about the
> thought of "bedroom police" seem utterly unconcerned about "kitchen police"
> and "living room police" and inside your car monitors, and various other
> intrusions of government into your private life "for your own good"? Seems
> that Democrats already agree that the government should be monitoring you

Democrats want you to have your right, but they want your money.
Republicans want you to have your money, but they want your rights.

But now there are the neocons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neocon

Google for more on Neoconservatism.

Al Dykes

Sep 1, 2006, 6:30:31 PM9/1/06
In article <01c6ce11$03be3200$9b92c3d8@race>, * <nos...@this.addy.com> wrote:

>knowone <fina...@earthlink.net> wrote in article
><xq%Jg.13188$Qf....@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
>> Reading comprehension must be rare these days.
>>
>> Sure, he is worth pursuit but not by the F.B.I. who has many other things
>> attend to.
>>

>I am sure you would continue your commitment to the above
>statement......even if the 13-year-old were your own daughter.

The guy was crossing state lines. I assume that brought
the Feds in.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m
Harrison for Congress in NY 13CD www.harrison06.com

Bob

Sep 1, 2006, 8:58:00 PM9/1/06
Wrong facts. But facts.

Bob

<dca...@krl.org> wrote in message
> Once again facts countered by innuendo.
>
> Dan
> Larry Jaques wrote:
> > On 29 Aug 2006 21:56:05 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
> > dca...@krl.org quickly quoth:
> >
> > >However he did get better grades at Yale than Kerry did. And lots of
> > >people think that Kerry is smart.
> > >
> > > Dan
> >
> > I wonder what that cost the Shrub...

Bob

Sep 1, 2006, 9:06:21 PM9/1/06

"Gunner" <gunner...@lightspeed.net> wrote in message

> Ok..so this is somehow different than any other war president, such as
> Truman or LBJ? Or the Cold War Presidents?
> I was thinking it was about something bad considering all the noise
> everyone has been making about Growing the Deficiet.

I suppose that the only difference is that this war was completely unnecessary.
Bush went to war as an ego trip, to show up his daddy or something. He stated
that he was going to long before he was elected. He says frankly that Iraq had
no
connection to 9/11. He wanted to attack Iraq, and nothing could stop him.
Unfortunately, he has created a breeding ground for terrorists. There are
clearly 10's of thousands of USA hating terrorists in Iraq now that didn't
exist before 9/11. And the whole world hates us now. It's pretty sad.

Bob

Nick Hull

Sep 1, 2006, 9:15:01 PM9/1/06
In article <01c6ce11$6f38d800$9b92c3d8@race>,
"*" <nos...@this.addy.com> wrote:

It's like Booze, drugs, etc; they are all bad but govt prohibition is
worse ;)

--
Free men own guns - /CapitolHill/5357/

Bob

Sep 1, 2006, 9:16:14 PM9/1/06

"arachnid" <no...@goawayspammer.com> wrote in message

No. Bush just doesn't think the laws apply to him and his crowd. They are
OK for everyone else.He puts it in writing on "signing statements".

Bob

Al Dykes

Sep 1, 2006, 9:38:38 PM9/1/06
In article <ocednRVFi7f7RmXZ...@comcast.com>,

The Cato Institute has put it nicely. Bush has gone off
the deep end;

http://www.cato.org/pubs/wtpapers/powersurge_healy_lynch.pdf

Executive Summary

In recent judicial confirmation battles, President Bush has
repeatedly-and correctly-stressed fidelity to the Constitution as
the key qualification for service as a judge. It is also the key
qualification for service as the nation's chief executive. On
January 20, 2005, for the second time, Mr. Bush took the
presidential oath of office set out in the Constitution, swearing to
"preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United
States." With five years of the Bush administration behind us, we
have more than enough evidence to make an assessment about the
president's commitment to our fundamental legal charter

Unfortunately, far from defending the Constitution, President Bush
has repeatedly sought to strip out the limits the document places on
federal power. In its official legal briefs and public actions, the
Bush administration has advanced a view of federal power that is
astonishingly broad, a view that includes

* a federal government empowered to regulate core political
speech-and restrict it greatly when it counts the most: in the
days before a federal election;

* a president who cannot be restrained, through validly enacted
statutes, from pursuing any tactic he believes to be effective
in the war on terror;

* a president who has the inherent constitutional authority to
designate American citizens suspected of terrorist activity as
"enemy combatants," strip them of any constitutional protection,
and lock them up without charges for the duration of the war on
terror- in other words, perhaps forever; and

* a federal government with the power to supervise virtually every
aspect of American life, from kindergarten, to marriage, to the
grave.

President Bush's constitutional vision is, in short, sharply at odds
with the text, history, and structure of our Constitution, which
authorizes a government of limited powers.

Too_Many_Tools

Sep 2, 2006, 12:00:55 AM9/2/06
"I was thinking it was about something bad considering all the noise
everyone has been making about Growing the Deficiet."

"All the noise...about Growing the Deficiet."

Hey Gunner, if you think the Deficit is just noise, why don't you pay
my share of it...and my children's share....and my grandchildren's
share.

Americans are going to be paying off this Republian Deficit long after
the bitter taste of losing the Iraqi War fades.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools

Sep 2, 2006, 12:03:46 AM9/2/06
Gunner....your hipocrisy is showing.

TMT

dca...@krl.org

Sep 2, 2006, 12:08:00 AM9/2/06
Not wrong facts. Just facts that Kerry supporters don't like. As you
previously said, there was very little difference between the grades at
Yale of either Bush or Kerry. The fact is that neither of them is
extremely intelligent. Neither is really stupid either. The Democrats
and Republicans both ought to do better next time. I think that Kerry,
Gore, Edwards, and Dean are all going to try for the Democratic
nomination. I hope the Democrats come up with a better candidate than
any of those.

Dan

Larry Jaques

Sep 2, 2006, 1:13:01 AM9/2/06
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:08:08 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner

I wrote:
>>But we taxpayers get raped for subsidies for all the "poor" tobacco
>>farmers.
>
>My smokes come from Latvia.

Are you sure it wasn't Elbonia? <g>
Well, at least you're chain smoking them.

Never put off 'til tomorrow | http://www.diversify.com
what you can avoid altogether. | Dynamic Website Applications

Too_Many_Tools

Sep 2, 2006, 1:24:55 AM9/2/06
You are aware that George Jr. and Kerry are cousins, aren't you?

TMT

Too_Many_Tools

Sep 2, 2006, 1:25:55 AM9/2/06
You are aware that George Jr. and Kerry are cousins, aren't you?

TMT

Gunner

Sep 2, 2006, 3:36:29 AM9/2/06
On 1 Sep 2006 13:21:25 -0700, jim rozen <jim_m...@newsguy.com> wrote:

>In article <j5qgf2plfr3378plq...@4ax.com>, Gunner says...
>
>>Im still waiting for an explaination of "bedroom police"
>
>It's an up-and coming feature of your winger party. They want to
>re-install their morals in your bedroom. Up until a few years ago
>for example, it was illegal to prescribe or dispense birth control
>to married people (or anyone for that matter) in the state of
>CT.

My party has that as a plank in its platform? Please show it to us. Im
sure we would love to see the citation.

>Look up the USSC case Griswold vs. CT and you can see how that
>was overturned. The right to privacy as described by the US
>constitution was the focal point of that decision.

1965?????? Shit boy..Jim Crow was still in effect in Democrat states in
65.

>The decision Roe vs. Wade rested on the foundation of Griswold.

Yes and?

>The present administration has made no secret of the fact they
>consider the right to privacy one of those things they want to
>destroy.

Be specific. This snooping on terrorists has what to do with who or what
you are sucking in your bedroom?

>Illegal wiretapping.

See above.

>Datamining financial records.

Afraid your penis pump purchases may come to light?

>Give-aways to banks, credit card companies, etc.

HUh? Banks and whatnot have bedrooms?

>Jim

You are all over the road like a drunk behind the wheel. Now answer the
question.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Gunner

Sep 2, 2006, 3:37:45 AM9/2/06
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 21:40:15 GMT, ph...@mindspring.com wrote:

>Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner <gunner...@lightspeed.net>
>wrote on Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:07:41 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
>>On 1 Sep 2006 08:31:27 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
>><too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Well it seems that Ig asked a REALLY GOOD QUESTION since the
>>>conservative bedroom police have yet to answer it.
>>>
>>>TMT
>>
>>Im still waiting for an explaination of "bedroom police"
>
> Have you ever noticed how the same people who are apoplectic about the
>thought of "bedroom police" seem utterly unconcerned about "kitchen police"
>and "living room police" and inside your car monitors, and various other
>intrusions of government into your private life "for your own good"? Seems
>that Democrats already agree that the government should be monitoring you
>compliance with Governmental mandates on Right Behavior, they're just upset
>that the other Government Control Party wants monitor and control what is
>proper behavior to include the metaphoric bedroom as well.

Oh..like Political Correctness, Hate Speech and Reasonable Gun Control
involving universal registration?

>>Or is this the same thing as the Keebler Elves?
>
> "Toof fairy"
>

>tschus
>pyotr

Indeed.

Gunner

Sep 2, 2006, 3:41:20 AM9/2/06
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 22:13:01 -0700, Larry Jaques
<novalidaddress@di\/ersify.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:08:08 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
><gunner...@lightspeed.net> quickly quoth:
>
>I wrote:
>>>But we taxpayers get raped for subsidies for all the "poor" tobacco
>>>farmers.
>>
>>My smokes come from Latvia.
>
>Are you sure it wasn't Elbonia? <g>
>Well, at least you're chain smoking them.

Nah..the Elbonian ones smell like burning womens locker rooms. Now that
may be considered an erotic fragrance in the San Fran Bay area...it only
makes me want to puke.

Gunner

> Never put off 'til tomorrow | http://www.diversify.com
> what you can avoid altogether. | Dynamic Website Applications

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.

ph...@mindspring.com

Sep 2, 2006, 4:51:17 AM9/2/06
Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner <gun...@lightspeed.net> wrote
on Sat, 02 Sep 2006 07:37:45 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

>On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 21:40:15 GMT, ph...@mindspring.com wrote:
>
>>Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner <gunner...@lightspeed.net>
>>wrote on Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:07:41 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

>>>Im still waiting for an explaination of "bedroom police"
>>
>> Have you ever noticed how the same people who are apoplectic about the
>>thought of "bedroom police" seem utterly unconcerned about "kitchen police"
>>and "living room police" and inside your car monitors, and various other
>>intrusions of government into your private life "for your own good"? Seems
>>that Democrats already agree that the government should be monitoring you
>>compliance with Governmental mandates on Right Behavior, they're just upset
>>that the other Government Control Party wants monitor and control what is
>>proper behavior to include the metaphoric bedroom as well.
>
>Oh..like Political Correctness, Hate Speech and Reasonable Gun Control
>involving universal registration?

As long as you keep them out of the bedroom, the Democrats are fine
with surrendering jurisdiction to the government.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich

To paraphrase Al Capone: You can get more protection with a
restraining order and a gun than with a restraining order alone.

Larry Jaques

Sep 2, 2006, 9:31:10 AM9/2/06
On 1 Sep 2006 21:08:00 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"dca...@krl.org" <dca...@krl.org> quickly quoth:

The _American people_ should do better next time, installing neither a
Dem nor Rep in office again. _Enough_ of this corruption.

I hope you District 10 Texans elect Michael Badnarik into Congress.
http://www.badnarik.org/

Larry Jaques

Sep 2, 2006, 9:45:18 AM9/2/06
On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 07:36:29 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
<gun...@lightspeed.net> quickly quoth:

>On 1 Sep 2006 13:21:25 -0700, jim rozen <jim_m...@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>>In article <j5qgf2plfr3378plq...@4ax.com>, Gunner says...
>>
>>>Im still waiting for an explaination of "bedroom police"
>>
>>It's an up-and coming feature of your winger party. They want to
>>re-install their morals in your bedroom. Up until a few years ago
>>for example, it was illegal to prescribe or dispense birth control
>>to married people (or anyone for that matter) in the state of
>>CT.
>
>My party has that as a plank in its platform? Please show it to us. Im
>sure we would love to see the citation.

Yes, your (my old) party did. That's one of the reasons I left it.
http://www.gop.com/media/2004platform.pdf#search=%22republican%20party%20platform%22
search for "sex" or "abortion" and get an eyeful. Crap like that
doesn't belong in a political platform. (As a Libertarian-leaning
conservative, you really should know that.)

Lew Hartswick

Sep 2, 2006, 9:53:21 AM9/2/06
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
> "I was thinking it was about something bad considering all the noise
> everyone has been making about Growing the Deficiet."
>
> "All the noise...about Growing the Deficiet."
>
> Hey Gunner, if you think the Deficit is just noise, why don't you pay
> my share of it...and my children's share....and my grandchildren's
> share.
>
> Americans are going to be paying off this Republian Deficit long after
> the bitter taste of losing the Iraqi War fades.
>
> TMT

I'm curious. Do you know the difference between "Deficit" and "Debt"?
...lew...

Al Dykes

Sep 2, 2006, 10:25:08 AM9/2/06
In article <n52jf2tlho08vbh11...@4ax.com>,

Larry Jaques <novalidaddress@di\/ersify.com> wrote:
>On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 07:36:29 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
><gun...@lightspeed.net> quickly quoth:
>
>>On 1 Sep 2006 13:21:25 -0700, jim rozen <jim_m...@newsguy.com> wrote:
>>
>>>In article <j5qgf2plfr3378plq...@4ax.com>, Gunner says...

>>>It's an up-and coming feature of your winger party. They want to
>>>re-install their morals in your bedroom. Up until a few years ago
>>>for example, it was illegal to prescribe or dispense birth control
>>>to married people (or anyone for that matter) in the state of
>>>CT.
>>
>>My party has that as a plank in its platform? Please show it to us. Im
>>sure we would love to see the citation.
>
>Yes, your (my old) party did. That's one of the reasons I left it.
>http://www.gop.com/media/2004platform.pdf#search=%22republican%20party%20platform%22
>search for "sex" or "abortion" and get an eyeful. Crap like that
>doesn't belong in a political platform. (As a Libertarian-leaning
>conservative, you really should know that.)

The FBI, recently, set anti-pornography high on it's priority list;

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/19/AR2005091901570.html

By Barton Gellman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, September 20, 2005; A21

The FBI is joining the Bush administration's War on Porn. And it's
looking for a few good agents.

Early last month, the bureau's Washington Field Office began
recruiting for a new anti-obscenity squad. Attached to the job posting
was a July 29 Electronic Communication from FBI headquarters to all 56
field offices, describing the initiative as "one of the top
priorities" of Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales and, by extension,
of "the Director." That would be FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III.

jim rozen

Sep 2, 2006, 2:58:13 PM9/2/06
In article <otcif2pq2qhh0b86f...@4ax.com>, Gunner says...

>>Look up the USSC case Griswold vs. CT and you can see how that
>>was overturned. The right to privacy as described by the US
>>constitution was the focal point of that decision.
>
>1965??????

Exactly my point. The wingers want to turn back the clock
to before that time. They want to wipe out the constitutional
right to privacy.

As far as they're concerned, 1965 was just a teeny while ago,
and if they could only put things back the way they were it
would be just fine.

Consider the FDA's stalling of plan B for years and years, at
the request of the present adminstration.

To get rid of roe v wade you need to get rid of griswold first.

It is loading more messages.