Re: "[T]he right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited."

Paul Jackson

Mar 7, 2018, 12:43:02 AM3/7/18
On 12/23/2012 6:40 PM, Scout wrote:

> "Carol Kinsey Goman" <ckg@förbes.com> wrote in message
>> On 12/23/2012 2:43 PM, Scout wrote:
>>>

>>> "Carol Kinsey Goman" <ckg@förbes.com> wrote in message

>>> Sorry, not interested in opinions,
>>
>> The opinion *IS* the meaning of the amendment.
>
> No, the opinion is an opinion.

That supplies the scope - the meaning - of the amendment.

Correct.

Scout

Mar 7, 2018, 10:47:04 PM3/7/18

"Paul Jackson" <p...@costco.con> wrote in message
Really? So the 2nd Amendment didn't have any scope or meaning until the 21st
century?

Amazing. I suppose until then you just had this meaningless collection of
words?

Paul Jackson

Mar 8, 2018, 11:12:22 AM3/8/18
What a stupid thing to say! There were opinions before the 21s century.

Just Wondering

Mar 8, 2018, 7:17:39 PM3/8/18
They didn't have your opinion on "inherent limits"

Scout

Mar 8, 2018, 7:30:24 PM3/8/18

"Paul Jackson" <p...@costco.con> wrote in message
Yet you tell us those opinions no longer matter.

Scout

Mar 8, 2018, 9:21:11 PM3/8/18

"Just Wondering" <JustWo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I would also note that they didn't have the opinion of the courts which he
claims has 'teased out' those inherent limits he claims are there.