OT: Lawyer for guy dragged from plane gets millions of dollars in free advertising

rangerssuck

Apr 13, 2017, 11:49:34 AM4/13/17
Right now, the lawyer for the guy dragged off the United flight is having a "news conference" which all of the major cable news channels are covering. He's standing in front of a backdrop that prominently displays his company's logo (and name).

The lawyer says they haven't filed a suit yet because they're waiting to see who comes forward with what new complaints and/or evidence.

I have an upcoming court case against a client. Can I get the same coverage for my lawyer to reach out to other potential plaintiffs and witnesses? Where do I sign up for that?

Shame on the "news" media for allowing this. Look for the price of your airline tickets to rise dramatically.

Gunner Asch

Apr 13, 2017, 12:04:44 PM4/13/17
I usually... usually fly American Airlines. <shrug>

edhun...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2017, 12:58:53 PM4/13/17
On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 11:49:34 AM UTC-4, rangerssuck wrote:
> Right now, the lawyer for the guy dragged off the United flight is having a "news conference" which all of the major cable news channels are covering. He's standing in front of a backdrop that prominently displays his company's logo (and name).
>
> The lawyer says they haven't filed a suit yet because they're waiting to see who comes forward with what new complaints and/or evidence.
>
> I have an upcoming court case against a client. Can I get the same coverage for my lawyer to reach out to other potential plaintiffs and witnesses? Where do I sign up for that?

Probably not, if your suit is about what he did or didn't pay you. Get him to knock two of your teeth out, to give you a concussion, and to break your nose, and you'll probably do better. d8-)

> Shame on the "news" media for allowing this. Look for the price of your airline tickets to rise dramatically.

If it bleeds, it leads. And he bled.

--
Ed Huntress

Larry Jaques

Apr 13, 2017, 2:50:33 PM4/13/17
On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:04:41 -0700, Gunner Asch <Gumne...@gmail.com>
wrote:
The problem is that the "doctor" signed the invoice saying he had read
the fine print, which says the airline has the right to bump them if
they need to. All airlines, not just UAL.

I'm hoping that the lawsuit against UAL won't hold, and that the feds
file charges against the idiot passenger. THAT isn't a trend we want
happening here in the increasingly Liberal States of America.

--
Newman's First Law:
It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down.

edhun...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2017, 3:23:01 PM4/13/17
On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 2:50:33 PM UTC-4, Larry Jaques wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:04:41 -0700, Gunner Asch <Gumne...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 08:49:32 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck
> ><range...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Right now, the lawyer for the guy dragged off the United flight is having a "news conference" which all of the major cable news channels are covering. He's standing in front of a backdrop that prominently displays his company's logo (and name).
> >>
> >>The lawyer says they haven't filed a suit yet because they're waiting to see who comes forward with what new complaints and/or evidence.
> >>
> >>I have an upcoming court case against a client. Can I get the same coverage for my lawyer to reach out to other potential plaintiffs and witnesses? Where do I sign up for that?
> >>
> >>Shame on the "news" media for allowing this. Look for the price of your airline tickets to rise dramatically.
> >
> >I usually... usually fly American Airlines. <shrug>
>
> The problem is that the "doctor" signed the invoice saying he had read
> the fine print, which says the airline has the right to bump them if
> they need to. All airlines, not just UAL.
>
> I'm hoping that the lawsuit against UAL won't hold, and that the feds
> file charges against the idiot passenger.

And what would they charge him with? Resisting a broken nose, or refusal to knock out his own teeth?

> THAT isn't a trend we want
> happening here in the increasingly Liberal States of America.

You live in a delusional dimension, Larry.

--
Ed Huntress

Gunner Asch

Apr 13, 2017, 3:41:45 PM4/13/17
Very well said Larry! As this groups leading conservative I am fully
committed to every contract I sign. Especially the ones I signed
before receiving healthcare. I will absolutely fulfill my end, with
some... some luck, any year now. But don't rush me please, the first
payment has only been delayed about 37 years so far. <shrug>

And just so all you lefties out there know, there's a short
documentary that covers the issue of contracts nicely. You can watch
it here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ23kosLFec

raykeller

Apr 13, 2017, 6:07:40 PM4/13/17
From: Gunner Asch <Gumne...@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
Subject: Re: OT: Lawyer for guy dragged from plane gets millions of dollars
in free advertising
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 12:41:42 -0700
alt.survival:246053

"Gunner Asch" <Gumne...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Jon Elson

Apr 14, 2017, 11:49:26 AM4/14/17
Pull_United's_lic...@once.org wrote:

> He paid for his seat, he was seated, verifying the transaction. United
> had plenty of other options to move or substitute thier crew - which
> they didn't take. They "had" to be there the next day or there would
> be operational problems. The doctor "had" to be there the next day or
> his patients would have untreated medical problems and he would be
> liable for suit.
Apparently it is WAY more complicated than that! The crew that needed to be
transported worked for Republic airlines. Due to mergers and such, United
ended up with a union agreement to transport Republic crews on business-
class seats whenever needed. United was FORBIDDEN by the contract to use
any other form of transportation, such as air charter. At least, this is
how it was explained on PPrune (professional Pilots rumor network) a fount
of all sorts of insider info on aviation.

Jon

edhun...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2017, 1:05:22 PM4/14/17
The solution was simple: offer more money. I held out for $1,200 and a hotel room (and a crummy dinner voucher) a couple of years ago, Chicago to Newark. Nobody would budge for $400 or $800.

--
Ed Huntress

whit3rd

Apr 14, 2017, 9:30:36 PM4/14/17
On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 8:49:34 AM UTC-7, rangerssuck wrote:
> Right now, the lawyer for the guy dragged off the United flight is having a "news conference"...
> The lawyer says they haven't filed a suit yet because they're waiting to see who comes forward with what new complaints and/or evidence.

> Shame on the "news" media for allowing this. Look for the price of your airline tickets to rise dramatically.

Er... the price of airline tickets has to rise if kidnapping a paying passenger out of his seat
on account of 'we wanted to' is disallowed?

Gunner Asch

Apr 15, 2017, 3:16:53 PM4/15/17
On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:04:41 -0700, Gunner Asch <Gumne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Southwest gets my money

---

Afterlife

Apr 15, 2017, 8:43:17 PM4/15/17
On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 12:16:36 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:04:41 -0700, Gunner Asch <Gumne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 08:49:32 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck
>><range...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Right now, the lawyer for the guy dragged off the United flight is having a "news conference" which all of the major cable news channels are covering. He's standing in front of a backdrop that prominently displays his company's logo (and name).
>>>
>>>The lawyer says they haven't filed a suit yet because they're waiting to see who comes forward with what new complaints and/or evidence.
>>>
>>>I have an upcoming court case against a client. Can I get the same coverage for my lawyer to reach out to other potential plaintiffs and witnesses? Where do I sign up for that?
>>>
>>>Shame on the "news" media for allowing this. Look for the price of your airline tickets to rise dramatically.
>>
>>I usually... usually fly American Airlines. <shrug>
>
>Southwest gets my money

Hahahaha! What money? You don't do any more flying than you do
motorcycle riding.

---
This Saint Bernard has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus
software.

Good Soldier Schweik

Apr 15, 2017, 10:03:08 PM4/15/17
wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:04:41 -0700, Gunner Asch <Gumne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 08:49:32 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck
>><range...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Right now, the lawyer for the guy dragged off the United flight is having a "news conference" which all of the major cable news channels are covering. He's standing in front of a backdrop that prominently displays his company's logo (and name).
>>>
>>>The lawyer says they haven't filed a suit yet because they're waiting to see who comes forward with what new complaints and/or evidence.
>>>
>>>I have an upcoming court case against a client. Can I get the same coverage for my lawyer to reach out to other potential plaintiffs and witnesses? Where do I sign up for that?
>>>
>>>Shame on the "news" media for allowing this. Look for the price of your airline tickets to rise dramatically.
>>
>>I usually... usually fly American Airlines. <shrug>
>
>Southwest gets my money

"Southwest gets my money"?\

You got money? What's your next trick? Paying your taxes?

Or have you taken to flying back and forth to L.A. for your dumpster
diving expeditions?

Larry Jaques

Apr 15, 2017, 11:44:38 PM4/15/17
wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:04:41 -0700, Gunner Asch <Gumne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 08:49:32 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck
>><range...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Right now, the lawyer for the guy dragged off the United flight is having a "news conference" which all of the major cable news channels are covering. He's standing in front of a backdrop that prominently displays his company's logo (and name).
>>>
>>>The lawyer says they haven't filed a suit yet because they're waiting to see who comes forward with what new complaints and/or evidence.
>>>
>>>I have an upcoming court case against a client. Can I get the same coverage for my lawyer to reach out to other potential plaintiffs and witnesses? Where do I sign up for that?
>>>
>>>Shame on the "news" media for allowing this. Look for the price of your airline tickets to rise dramatically.
>>
>>I usually... usually fly American Airlines. <shrug>
>
>Southwest gets my money

Whoever's cheapest, usually Southwest. I flew to Alaska on one of
those bloody loud MD80 machines Alaska Airlines once had, which gave
me a headache. I used to fly to the Bay Area on 737s all the time,
and they're nice planes. The MD80 was despicable plane which had lousy
pressure control [3lb(?) pops at intervals vs nice smooth pressure]
and was at least 6db louder than any other plane I've flown. Never
again!

--
I started out with nothing and
I still have most of it left!

Gunner Asch

Apr 16, 2017, 1:42:10 AM4/16/17
Im sending my wife off to visit family sometime this year, via
Southwest, and she will be returning via the same airline. Last year
I flew to Florida to visit my father..via Southwest and returned the
same airline.

So again..you blow smoke out your considerable ass.

Next?

>---
>This Saint Bernard has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus
>software.

---

Afterlife

Apr 16, 2017, 10:12:23 AM4/16/17
On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 22:42:00 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 17:43:15 -0700, Afterlife <A...@AF.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 12:16:36 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:04:41 -0700, Gunner Asch <Gumne...@gmail.com>
>>>wrote:

>>>Southwest gets my money
>>
>>Hahahaha! What money? You don't do any more flying than you do
>>motorcycle riding.
>
>Im sending my wife off to visit family sometime this year,

If she goes anywhere it will be on account of her bennie checks. And
that is the closest anyone in your household will ever get to having a
regular income.

> Last year
>I flew to Florida to visit my father

No. And you're a moron to brag about flying in the same place you
admit refusing to pay taxes.

---
This gallon of paint has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus
software.

Gunner Asch

Apr 16, 2017, 2:33:43 PM4/16/17
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 07:12:21 -0700, Afterlife <A...@AF.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 22:42:00 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 17:43:15 -0700, Afterlife <A...@AF.net> wrote:

>>>Hahahaha! What money? You don't do any more flying than you do
>>>motorcycle riding.
>>
>>Im sending my wife off to visit family sometime this year,
>
>If she goes anywhere it will be on account of her bennie checks. And
>that is the closest anyone in your household will ever get to having a
>regular income.

Cites?

>> Last year
>>I flew to Florida to visit my father
>
>No. And you're a moron to brag about flying in the same place you
>admit refusing to pay taxes.

Cites?

---