Minorities Bullied With Trump Words

bruce2...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2017, 5:56:28 PM8/15/17
White kids Are Bullying Minority Students Using Trump's Words

Salon.com - June 17, 2017 - Bullying, according to a Buzzfeed News report, has taken on an “alarming twist ...

-- http://www.salon.com/2017/06/17/white-kids-are-bullying-minority-students-using-trumps-words_partner/-

Gunner Asch

Aug 15, 2017, 6:15:59 PM8/15/17

On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 14:56:25 -0700 (PDT), bruce2...@gmail.com
wrote:

>White kids Are Bullying Minority Students Using Trump's Words
>
>Salon.com - June 17, 2017 - Bullying, according to a Buzzfeed News report, has taken on an “alarming twist ...
>
>-- http://www.salon.com/2017/06/17/white-kids-are-bullying-minority-students-using-trumps-words_partner/-

50 total incidents across 26 states with the oldest group being 8th
graders?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday, Jun 17, 2017 04:29 PM PST
White kids are bullying minority students using Trump’s words
This is Trump's America: kids are mimicking the president in rhetoric
and action
Kali Holloway, Alternet Skip to Comments

Topics: AlterNet, Bullying, child psychology, Children, Donald Trump,
Hate Speech, K-12 education, Mental health, Politics News, Social News
White kids are bullying minority students using Trump's words
This article originally appeared on AlterNet.

AlterNet

Donald Trump’s real campaign promise was that he would give whites
back the power they imagined they’d lost. That message was stated not
in dog whistles, but loudly enough that the entire country heard him,
even children. The trickle-down effect of Trump’s campaign rhetoric
and election is now being felt among kids in schools across the
country. Bullying, according to a Buzzfeed News report, has taken on
an “alarming twist . . . with white students using the president’s
words and slogans to bully Latino, Middle Eastern, black, Asian, and
Jewish classmates.”

Buzzfeed reporters analyzed data collected by the Documenting Hate
Project, which catalogs reports of bias and bullying, and found more
than “50 incidents, across 26 states, in which a K-12 student invoked
Trump’s name or message in an apparent effort to harass a classmate
during the past school year.” The incidents took place between October
2016 and May 2017. Here are just a fraction of the incidents cited by
Buzzfeed investigators:

A group of white male students at a high school in Shakopee,
Minnesota who surrounded an African-American girl and sang the
national anthem, “replacing the closing line with ‘and the home of the
slaves.’”
In a third-grade classroom in Louisville, Kentucky, a boy chased a
Latina girl while screaming “Build the wall!”
On the school bus, a white eighth-grader told a Filipino
classmate, “You are going to be deported.”
A white eighth-grade student in Brea, California, told a black
student, “Now that Trump won, you’re going to have to go back to
Africa, where you belong.”
An English teacher in Spokane Valley, Washington, describes
discovering a “group of white students following a Latino student in
the hallway, taunting him with chants of ‘the wall’s coming!’ and
‘Trump! Trump! Trump!’”
The Dallas, Texas mother of a sixth-grader reported that on
Election Day, students at her son’s school harassed him and his
friends with shouts of, “Heil Hitlary.” One of the bullied students
was told, “One million of your lives is worth less than 30,000 deleted
emails.”

These represent just a handful of the bullying incidents the Buzzfeed
article lists. The authors acknowledge that countless incidents go
unreported, and spoke to parents whose children had avoiding telling
school authorities because of fears of social backlash. Kids are
infamously cruel. And while some school administrators suggested the
bullies in these cases may have been unaware of what their words truly
meant — an excuse that’s believable for the youngest offenders — it
would be naive to think Trump is the only source they’re learning
from. While the president has certainly helped make the environment
exponentially more toxic, parents, friends and neighbors feed the
ugliness as well.

“It’s a daily occurrence that they hear this language,” Dorothy
Espelage, a professor of education psychology at the University of
Florida told Buzzfeed. “They’re just parroting back what they hear.”

Hate crimes involving adult perpetrators who used Trump’s name or
quoted his rhetoric during acts of violence and harassment began
making the news during the presidential campaign. The Southern Poverty
Law Center documented more than 1,300 hate crimes nationally “between
the 2016 election and February 2017.”

In a survey of K-12 educators in the months before Trump’s election
win, the SPLC found a precipitous rise in incidents of racist
bullying. In the weeks after November 8, a poll of 10,000 K-12
teachers, counselors and administrators found an uptick in the “use of
slurs and derogatory language, and disturbing incidents involving
swastikas, Nazi salutes and Confederate flags.” Roughly 90 percent of
respondents said the “school climate has been negatively affected, and
most of them believe it will have a long-lasting impact.” Similarly,
“80 percent describe heightened anxiety and concern on the part of
students worried about the impact of the election on themselves and
their families.”

Numerous studies have shown that bullying has effects that last long
past childhood, affecting adulthood mental health, ability to form
relationships and self-esteem. These consequences add to the trauma
many students from racial and religious minorities already experience
when dealing with subtle daily discrimination. A 2015 study by
researchers from Vanderbilt University found the “cumulative effects
of living in a society characterized by white dominance and privilege
produces a kind of physical and mental wear-and-tear that contributes
to a host of psychological and physical ailments . . . [including]
anxiety, stress, depression and thoughts of suicide, as well as a host
of physical ailments like hair loss, diabetes and heart disease.”
More Kali Holloway."

Kali doesnt mention that living in a nation dominated by Leftwingers
and Liberals produces a kind of physical and mental wear and tear that
contributes to a massive errosion of the Constitution and forces
peoples face into the ground.

That is being corrected as I write this...and the sweet smell of clean
air and freedom is mixing with the foul scent of dead Leftwingers and
Liberals as they are piled up in ditches across the land.

---

rangerssuck

Aug 16, 2017, 9:41:17 PM8/16/17
On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 6:15:59 PM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 14:56:25 -0700 (PDT), bruce2...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>
> >White kids Are Bullying Minority Students Using Trump's Words
> >
> >Salon.com - June 17, 2017 - Bullying, according to a Buzzfeed News report, has taken on an “alarming twist ...
> >
> >-- http://www.salon.com/2017/06/17/white-kids-are-bullying-minority-students-using-trumps-words_partner/-
>

> 50 total incidents across 26 states with the oldest group being 8th
> graders?

Exactly what do you find so hilarious about this?