“The 19th century was a very long century.”

Rudy Canoza

May 5, 2018, 1:53:46 PM5/5/18
Excellent article in the NY Times today about the May 1968 student
uprising in France. Ed Huntress, you might enjoy this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/05/world/europe/france-may-1968-revolution.html

I was in a second year French class at the time, 10th grade, and while
we didn't really discuss the events much in class, being in a French
class made us a little more aware of them. There is a line in the piece
that really made a light-bulb go on for me. The article elaborates that
the uprising "pushed France into the modern world", and then they quote
a French historian saying, “The 19th century was a very long century.” I
realized upon reading that that the romantic image of France that my
French teachers were presenting to us was, indeed, of 19th century France.

Ed Huntress

May 5, 2018, 2:25:12 PM5/5/18
On Sat, 5 May 2018 10:53:43 -0700, Rudy Canoza <c...@philhendrie.con>
wrote:

>Excellent article in the NY Times today about the May 1968 student
>uprising in France. Ed Huntress, you might enjoy this.
>
>https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/05/world/europe/france-may-1968-revolution.html

I will read it. I was there, BTW. My first day in Europe, on my way to
school in Switzerland, I was chased by a gendarme in Paris. He was
wielding a nightstick but I was a quarter-miler in high school and ran
a 10.2 hundred, too. <g>

I got out of Paris in a hurry. The protesters were swarming all over
the place, and so were the gendarmes.

--
Ed Huntress

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 5, 2018, 2:29:34 PM5/5/18
wrote:

>Excellent article in the NY Times today

About trolling, or being short?

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 5, 2018, 2:33:23 PM5/5/18
On Sat, 05 May 2018 14:25:05 -0400, Ed Huntress
<hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:

>I will read it. I was there, BTW. My first day in Europe, on my way to
>school in Switzerland, I was chased by a gendarme in Paris.

ROFLMAO

Ed's done everything. He's probably even managed to hunt with a
removable magazine at least once.

How about moon landings, Eddie? Got any of those under your belt?

[chuckle]

Ed Huntress

May 5, 2018, 3:05:02 PM5/5/18
On Sat, 05 May 2018 11:33:17 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
<klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 05 May 2018 14:25:05 -0400, Ed Huntress
><hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>I will read it. I was there, BTW. My first day in Europe, on my way to
>>school in Switzerland, I was chased by a gendarme in Paris.
>
>ROFLMAO
>
>Ed's done everything.

I led a very busy youth. <g> I was on my way to study in a 10-month
Eurlec program in comparative Western politics. at the University of
Lausanne,

And here's some more fuel for your feeble little fire, Klaus. I was
recommended for the program by my academic advisor at Michigan State.
He name is George Will.

> He's probably even managed to hunt with a
>removable magazine at least once.

Nope, I never had that misfortune.

>How about moon landings, Eddie? Got any of those under your belt?

No interest.

>[chuckle]

Klaus, the chucklehead, probably would have caught that nightstick in
the one part of his body that you can't hurt -- the top of his head.
d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Vincent

May 5, 2018, 4:04:31 PM5/5/18
On 5/5/2018 1:33 PM, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
> On Sat, 05 May 2018 14:25:05 -0400, Ed Huntress
> <hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>> I will read it. I was there, BTW. My first day in Europe, on my way to
>> school in Switzerland, I was chased by a gendarme in Paris.
>
> ROFLMAO
>
> Ed's done everything. He's probably even managed to hunt with a
> removable magazine at least once.

He was probably there to get an upgrade on his Cuntinadress outfit.

> How about moon landings, Eddie? Got any of those under your belt?

More likely MOONED himself.

> [chuckle]

Just Wondering

May 5, 2018, 4:07:06 PM5/5/18
How does this relate to talk.politics.guns?

Ed Huntress

May 5, 2018, 4:08:55 PM5/5/18
On Sat, 5 May 2018 15:04:42 -0500, Vincent <vi...@Letuci.org> wrote:

>On 5/5/2018 1:33 PM, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
>> On Sat, 05 May 2018 14:25:05 -0400, Ed Huntress
>> <hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I will read it. I was there, BTW. My first day in Europe, on my way to
>>> school in Switzerland, I was chased by a gendarme in Paris.
>>
>> ROFLMAO
>>
>> Ed's done everything. He's probably even managed to hunt with a
>> removable magazine at least once.
>

>I'd like to go there to get an upgrade on my Cuntinadress outfit.
>>
>> How about moon landings, Eddie? Got any of those under your belt?
>
>I frequently MOON myself.
>>
>> [chuckle]

Are you related to Klaus, Vincent?

--
Ed Huntress

Byker

May 5, 2018, 7:00:24 PM5/5/18
wrote:

>Excellent article in the NY Times today about the May 1968 student
>uprising in France. Ed Huntress, you might enjoy this.
>
>https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/05/world/europe/france-may-1968-revolution.html

And that generation grew up to become the current French political
leadership, the ones that Generation Identitaire are opposing so much:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqybsUqkOWs

Ed Huntress

May 5, 2018, 8:22:12 PM5/5/18
On Sat, 5 May 2018 10:53:43 -0700, Rudy Canoza <c...@philhendrie.con>
wrote:

See that last photo? That's about what the streets looked like when I
got there, around May 20th. The big crowds of protesters were gone,
but there were smaller crowds rushing down the streets, sometimes
chased by the police.

I was with an international group of five or six students, all who
were staying in the same fleabag student hostel, and we went out to
see it up close. There was a solid line of cars parked the way the
Parisians do, with two wheels up on the curb, so we went out on the
street to get a better look.

That's when a group of three or four gendarmes rushed us. Apparently
they were yelling at us to get off the street, but we were a bit too
slow to respond for the gendarmes.

We scattered, and the cop chasing me gave up after 50 or so yards.

We were supposed to stay in Paris for four days before heading off to
Lausanne, but I got out of there the next day, and didn't come back to
Paris until late July.

--
Ed Huntress

rbowman

May 5, 2018, 10:50:12 PM5/5/18
Some alt-right millennials go off on similar rants about the 'boomers'
-- just like the boomers in their day ranted about the silent generation
and back to the dawn of time.

To some extent they are right. The generation did produce the Clintons,
Bush, Cheney, and many others who either never had a dream for a better
country or forgot about it. However in their hubris they miss some
lessons that would have served them well. Spencer, Mr. Alt-Right, is
begging for money for his legal fees and was just deplatformed by
GoDaddy. I don't know if he is as resilient as Anglin and can ever get a
website up again.

The Traditional Workers Party imploded in a burst of trailer park drama.
Flaming Milo went out in a burst of glory and the rest are fighting
about who may be a Jew, who might be gay, who might have dated an Asian,
and other substantive topics. Hey, it's the 60's deja vu; cue the sound
track. Maybe the French identitarians are doing better.

Vincent

May 6, 2018, 3:12:16 AM5/6/18
Are you related to Stormie Danials? She is a whore also.

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 6, 2018, 7:49:59 AM5/6/18
On Sat, 05 May 2018 15:04:53 -0400, Ed Huntress
<hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 05 May 2018 11:33:17 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
><klausscha...@null.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 05 May 2018 14:25:05 -0400, Ed Huntress
>><hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:
>>
>>>I will read it. I was there, BTW. My first day in Europe, on my way to
>>>school in Switzerland, I was chased by a gendarme in Paris.
>>
>>ROFLMAO
>>
>>Ed's done everything.
>
>I led a very busy youth.

Of course you did. We all believe you.

>And here's some more fuel for your feeble little fire, Klaus. I was
>recommended for the program by my academic advisor at Michigan State.
>He name is George Will.

Is that what he [sic] name was? He must not know you can't hunt with
magazine.

LOL

Ed Huntress

May 6, 2018, 10:44:55 AM5/6/18
On Sun, 06 May 2018 04:49:55 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
<klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 05 May 2018 15:04:53 -0400, Ed Huntress
><hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 05 May 2018 11:33:17 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
>><klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>>>ROFLMAO
>>>
>>>Ed's done everything.
>>
>>I led a very busy youth.
>
>Of course you did. We all believe you.

Actually, Klaus, you do, and for good reason. But you can't admit it
honestly, because that would take the edge off of your career of
snarkiness. And then what would you do? You don't seem to have
anything else.

>>And here's some more fuel for your feeble little fire, Klaus. I was
>>recommended for the program by my academic advisor at Michigan State.
>>He name is George Will.
>
>Is that what he [sic] name was? He must not know you can't hunt with
>magazine.

Which one are you thinking of? Field & Stream?

Have you ever actually shot a gun, Klaus? Do you know what a fixed
magazine is?

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

May 6, 2018, 10:46:14 AM5/6/18
You're both part of the Slime Tribe, so I thought maybe you were
relatives.

--
Ed Huntress

#BeamMeUpScotty

May 6, 2018, 12:03:53 PM5/6/18
It's a waste of time and a death sentence..... Do you know why the
police have been switching from revolvers to semi-automatic?

--
That's Karma

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 6, 2018, 12:12:14 PM5/6/18
Ed hasn't been around an actual modern firearm since the early 1950's,
I'm guessing.

And then it was only a picture in a magazine he hid under his bed.

Nobody who knows a single thing about guns would make an idiotic
statement like "removable magazines are useless for hunting" and then
trying to back up that statement with "because you might lose it."

Senility, ignorance, or a heavy dose of both is his problem.

Ed Huntress

May 6, 2018, 12:16:22 PM5/6/18
On Sun, 6 May 2018 12:03:49 -0400, #BeamMeUpScotty
<Not-...@ideocracy.gov> wrote:

You seem to have lost track. Here's what the subject was, and what
Klaus is talking about:

"Personally, I've never understood what place a detachable magazine
has on a hunting rifle. They are one of my pet peeves, just something
else to look after and possibly lose."

-- Craig Boddington, author of these books:

https://tinyurl.com/y7l7mrwf

The subject was hunting rifles, BMUS, not police handguns..

--
Ed Huntress

Rudy Canoza

May 6, 2018, 12:18:06 PM5/6/18
#ReamMeUpTheAssScotty always loses track.

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 6, 2018, 12:19:30 PM5/6/18
On Sun, 6 May 2018 09:18:05 -0700, Rudy Canoza <c...@philhendrie.con>
wrote:
Eddie found someone as stupid as he is! LOL

I wonder if Eddie brings ammo with him when he hunts? It's awful
small, after all, and easy to lose.

Ed Huntress

May 6, 2018, 12:39:34 PM5/6/18
On Sun, 6 May 2018 09:18:05 -0700, Rudy Canoza <c...@philhendrie.con>
wrote:
He has his own narrative, which he cooks up in his head. It has no
connection to facts or reality, but it's his narrative, and he's
sticking to it. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

May 6, 2018, 12:41:54 PM5/6/18
On Sun, 06 May 2018 09:19:27 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
<klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 6 May 2018 09:18:05 -0700, Rudy Canoza <c...@philhendrie.con>
>wrote:
>
>>On 5/6/2018 9:16 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
>
>>> "Personally, I've never understood what place a detachable magazine
>>> has on a hunting rifle. They are one of my pet peeves, just something
>>> else to look after and possibly lose."
>>>
>>> -- Craig Boddington, author of these books:
>
>Eddie found someone as stupid as he is! LOL

I found someone who's truly dumb and ignorant, Klaus -- you.

Have you ever actually shot a gun, Klaus?

>I wonder if Eddie brings ammo with him when he hunts? It's awful
>small, after all, and easy to lose.

If I was hunting with a rifle and missed five or six times, I'd take
up golf.

--
Ed Huntress

Rudy Canoza

May 6, 2018, 12:44:06 PM5/6/18
On 5/6/2018 9:41 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
> On Sun, 06 May 2018 09:19:27 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
> <klausscha...@null.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 6 May 2018 09:18:05 -0700, Rudy Canoza <c...@philhendrie.con>
>> wrote:

>> Eddie found someone as stupid as he is! LOL
>
> I found someone who's truly dumb and ignorant, Klaus -- you.
>
> Have you ever actually shot a gun, Klaus?

He hasn't. His mom won't let him.

Ed Huntress

May 6, 2018, 12:52:49 PM5/6/18
On Sun, 6 May 2018 09:44:05 -0700, Rudy Canoza <c...@philhendrie.con>
wrote:

>On 5/6/2018 9:41 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
>> On Sun, 06 May 2018 09:19:27 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
>> <klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>>> Eddie found someone as stupid as he is! LOL
>>
>> I found someone who's truly dumb and ignorant, Klaus -- you.
>>
>> Have you ever actually shot a gun, Klaus?
>
>He hasn't. His mom won't let him.

He's probably clicking furiously through Google, trying to find out
what a fixed magazine is. <g>

The best magazine for a hunting rifle that was ever invented was the
brass rotary magazine in the Savage 99, one of which I owned for 40
years. No springs, no in-line cartridges to fire accidentally with the
nose of the bullet behind it; just reliable, easy-to-load feeding.

--
Ed Huntress

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 6, 2018, 1:01:33 PM5/6/18
On Sun, 06 May 2018 12:41:46 -0400, Ed Huntress
<hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 06 May 2018 09:19:27 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
><klausscha...@null.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 6 May 2018 09:18:05 -0700, Rudy Canoza <c...@philhendrie.con>
>>wrote:

>>Eddie found someone as stupid as he is! LOL
>
>I found someone who's truly dumb and ignorant,

That would be you, Eddie.

But you knew that.

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 6, 2018, 1:09:01 PM5/6/18
On Sun, 06 May 2018 12:52:40 -0400, Ed Huntress
<hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:

>The best magazine for a hunting rifle that was ever invented was the
>brass rotary magazine in the Savage 99, one of which I owned for 40
>years. No springs, no in-line cartridges to fire accidentally with the
>nose of the bullet behind it; just reliable, easy-to-load feeding.

What on EARTH would you need a rifle holding five rounds for, Eddie?

If I was hunting with a rifle and missed five or six times, I'd take
up golf.

And note the 99 now comes with a modern detachable box magazine. LOL

rbowman

May 6, 2018, 1:13:05 PM5/6/18
On 05/06/2018 10:03 AM, #BeamMeUpScotty wrote:
> It's a waste of time and a death sentence..... Do you know why the
> police have been switching from revolvers to semi-automatic?

Glock made them an offer they couldn't refuse? Seriously, when Glock
was trying to break into the US market the cops were offered some sweet
deals.

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 6, 2018, 1:29:00 PM5/6/18
But they all had removable magazines! Every day cops are losing their
magazines, doncha see?

[chuckle]

Ed Huntress

May 6, 2018, 1:38:24 PM5/6/18
On Sun, 06 May 2018 10:08:57 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
<klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 06 May 2018 12:52:40 -0400, Ed Huntress
><hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>The best magazine for a hunting rifle that was ever invented was the
>>brass rotary magazine in the Savage 99, one of which I owned for 40
>>years. No springs, no in-line cartridges to fire accidentally with the
>>nose of the bullet behind it; just reliable, easy-to-load feeding.
>
>What on EARTH would you need a rifle holding five rounds for, Eddie?

I'll answer that after you tell us why you would want a detachable
magazine on a hunting rifle.

>If I was hunting with a rifle and missed five or six times, I'd take
>up golf.
>
>And note the 99 now comes with a modern detachable box magazine. LOL

Note that the 99 doesn't "come" at all. They quit making it in 1997.

The detachable box magazine (another Savage invention, BTW) was
cheaper. Collectors consider it an inferior model.

Say amen. There's only one rational reason to design a rifle with a
detachable magazine, and that is for military use, where you have to
stuff as many rounds in the gun as quickly as you can.

Here is why I dislike detachable magazines.

Very often, either because they are defective in design or
manufacture, or because you didn't shove them in all the way, they
fall to the ground where they break, are lost, or become so loaded up
with dirt or snow that you now have a single-shot.

They add to the weight of a gun.

You can lose them.

A stock with a cutout for a detachable magazine is less rigid than a
stock with a blind magazine.

Hinged floorplates pop open accidentally, but all you lose are your
cartridges.

-- David Petzal, author of these books:

https://www.amazon.com/Books-David-Petzal/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_27%3ADavid%20Petzal

--or--

https://tinyurl.com/yd2xtzkh

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 6, 2018, 1:51:06 PM5/6/18
On Sun, 06 May 2018 13:38:15 -0400, Ed Huntress
<hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 06 May 2018 10:08:57 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
><klausscha...@null.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 06 May 2018 12:52:40 -0400, Ed Huntress
>><hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:
>>
>>>The best magazine for a hunting rifle that was ever invented was the
>>>brass rotary magazine in the Savage 99, one of which I owned for 40
>>>years. No springs, no in-line cartridges to fire accidentally with the
>>>nose of the bullet behind it; just reliable, easy-to-load feeding.
>>
>>What on EARTH would you need a rifle holding five rounds for, Eddie?
>
>I'll answer that after you tell u[..]

Yeah, that should give you time to find an excuse for your hypocrisy.

LOL

>>If I was hunting with a rifle and missed five or six times, I'd take
>>up golf.
>>
>>And note the 99 now comes with a modern detachable box magazine. LOL
>
>Note that the 99 doesn't "come" at all. They quit making it in 1997.

I'm so sorry. I should have said LATER MODELS had a detachable box
magazine.

Ed Huntress

May 6, 2018, 2:53:28 PM5/6/18
On Sun, 06 May 2018 10:51:02 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
<klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 06 May 2018 13:38:15 -0400, Ed Huntress
><hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 06 May 2018 10:08:57 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
>><klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>>>What on EARTH would you need a rifle holding five rounds for, Eddie?
>>
>>I'll answer that after you tell u[..]
>
>Yeah, that should give you time to find an excuse for your hypocrisy.

I'm giving you time to cook up an answer to your stupid question. It
really won't matter, becauwse there IS no answer, as you've probably
found out by now.

>LOL
>

>>>If I was hunting with a rifle and missed five or six times, I'd take
>>>up golf.
>>>
>>>And note the 99 now comes with a modern detachable box magazine. LOL
>>
>>Note that the 99 doesn't "come" at all. They quit making it in 1997.
>
>I'm so sorry. I should have said LATER MODELS had a detachable box
>magazine.

You did beat Pox by a bit. He said if I was a serious target shooter,
I would be shooting a Browning Medalist .22, which hasn't been
manufactured for 44 years.

Now you're talking about a gun that "now comes with," and it hasn't
been manufactured for 21 years.

You four-flushers have to get it together. Both of you think you can
bluster your way through with bullshit, but it just isn't working.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

May 6, 2018, 2:58:25 PM5/6/18
On Sun, 06 May 2018 09:12:11 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
David Petzal and Craig Boddington seem to agree. Do you think they
know a thing or two about guns?

The real question is, do you think you know better, you four-flushing
blowhard?

And the conclusion is, you appear not to know a single thing about
guns. Have you ever fired one?

>Senility, ignorance, or a heavy dose of both is his problem.

Your problem is that you stuck your foot in it and don't know how to
get it out.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

May 6, 2018, 3:00:57 PM5/6/18
On Sun, 06 May 2018 10:01:29 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
<klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 06 May 2018 12:41:46 -0400, Ed Huntress
><hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 06 May 2018 09:19:27 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
>><klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>>>Eddie found someone as stupid as he is! LOL
>>
>>I found someone who's truly dumb and ignorant,
>
>That would be you, Eddie.

No, Klaus, you're the one who can't come up with an answer to the
question of why you would want a detachable magazine for hunting.

I'll bet you've been burning up Google trying to find an answer. You'd
waste less time looking for an answer if you actually knew anything
about hunting -- you'd know that there is no answer.

Have you ever fired a gun, Klaus?

--
Ed Huntress

PaxPerPoten

May 7, 2018, 1:17:52 AM5/7/18
Isn't it amazing how active and Healthy Edna Cuntinadress was during the
Vietnam war. He was so healthy that he not only didn't sign up for the
draft, and did not apply for a draft classification i.e. 4F....But
claims Class one diabetes while ravaging, drinking and whoring in France
and Switzerland. Also Switzerland was a good place to hide from the
draft. Same thing that Sylvester Stallone did. And like Stallone, now
plays the tough guy to cover past cowardly performance. Some one outed
Cuntinadress a while back and I would like to buy that person Dinner.

ages who mean to govern well, but *They mean to govern*. They promise to
be good masters, *but they mean to be masters*. Daniel Webster

Leper

May 7, 2018, 1:21:19 AM5/7/18
Yep..Old Eddie is not the sharpest crayon in the package. He spends a
lot of time here...So my guess is that his Nanny won't allow him out of
the house.

--
Machiavelli wrote:It is necessary for the state to deal in lies and half
truths,

Leper

May 7, 2018, 1:23:35 AM5/7/18
Heh! Heh! you are losing it. You piled bullshit up high in this
Newsgroup and now it has collapsed and is smothering you. With your own
bullshit.

Vincent

May 7, 2018, 1:28:03 AM5/7/18
Now if we crossbred Jonathon Ball(Rudy) and Ed Cuntinadress...We would
get a horrible litter that could be transferred to enemy countries and
flood them with insane bullshit. Truly the Democratic party deserves
these two in their Hall of fame along with the Clinton Cartel and other
enemies of America.

Vincent

May 7, 2018, 2:16:09 AM5/7/18
You have totally lost it. You threw shit around until it drowned you.

Ed Huntress

May 7, 2018, 5:13:42 AM5/7/18
On Mon, 7 May 2018 00:23:32 -0500, Leper <Le...@MolokaiColony.com>
wrote:
Oh look! The sewers must have flooded, and Leper is coming up for air.

Maybe you can help Klaus find some use for a detachable magazine on a
hunting rifle.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

May 7, 2018, 5:23:06 AM5/7/18
No, it's you who has lost it, "Vincent." Like Pox, Pecker, and Leper
-- the Slime Tribe -- you are so furious about having your bullshit
exposed that all you can do is spew homoerotic slurs and juvenile
insults.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

May 7, 2018, 5:46:39 AM5/7/18
Jealous, eh, Pox? d8-)

You can't keep your insults straight. Of course I signed up for the
draft. I didn't become diabetic until shortly before I graduated --
long after I studied in Swizerland.

--
Ed Huntress

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 7, 2018, 6:58:39 AM5/7/18
On Sun, 06 May 2018 14:53:20 -0400, Ed Huntress
<hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 06 May 2018 10:51:02 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
><klausscha...@null.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 06 May 2018 13:38:15 -0400, Ed Huntress
>><hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:

>>>I'll answer that after you tell u[..]
>>
>>Yeah, that should give you time to find an excuse for your hypocrisy.
>
>I'm giving you time

No, you're avoiding facing your hypocrisy, like you always do, Eddie.

>Now you're talking about a gun that "now comes with," and it hasn't
>been manufactured for 21 years.

And you're avoiding the fact that when they decided to IMPROVE it,
they gave it a box magazine.

LOL

You keep losing, Eddie. Ever wonder why?

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 7, 2018, 6:59:28 AM5/7/18
On Sun, 06 May 2018 15:00:49 -0400, Ed Huntress
<hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 06 May 2018 10:01:29 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
><klausscha...@null.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 06 May 2018 12:41:46 -0400, Ed Huntress
>><hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:

>>>I found someone who's truly dumb and ignorant,
>>
>>That would be you, Eddie.
>
>No, Klaus,

Yes, Eddie. You and Craig-- what a pair. With those slippery
magazines.

LOL

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 7, 2018, 7:00:58 AM5/7/18
On Mon, 7 May 2018 00:23:32 -0500, Leper <Le...@MolokaiColony.com>
wrote:

I *did* love the whole "losing magazines" though. That was a brilliant
stroke of bullshit. ALMOST up there with Milt Shook and his "running
away from a shotgun blast" bullshit.

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 7, 2018, 7:02:49 AM5/7/18
On Mon, 7 May 2018 00:21:18 -0500, Leper <Le...@MolokaiColony.com>
wrote:
He and Rudy even started stroking each other off there for a while.
That was pretty funny.

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 7, 2018, 7:05:03 AM5/7/18
On Mon, 7 May 2018 00:17:50 -0500, PaxPerPoten <P...@USA.org> wrote:

>On 5/6/2018 6:49 AM, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
>> On Sat, 05 May 2018 15:04:53 -0400, Ed Huntress
>> <hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:

>>> I led a very busy youth.
>>
>> Of course you did. We all believe you.
>>

>>> And here's some more fuel for your feeble little fire, Klaus. I was
>>> recommended for the program by my academic advisor at Michigan State.
>>> He name is George Will.
>>
>> Is that what he [sic] name was? He must not know you can't hunt with
>> magazine.
>>
>> LOL
>
>Isn't it amazing how active and Healthy Edna Cuntinadress was during the
>Vietnam war.

They listened to his stories about him and George Will hunting (George
held the single round of ammo Ed required to hunt with so it wouldn't
get lost) and said, "Um, no thanks."

Ed Huntress

May 7, 2018, 10:15:13 AM5/7/18
On Mon, 07 May 2018 04:00:55 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
David Petzal, in Field & Stream:

"Very often, either because they are defective in design or
manufacture, or because you didn't shove them in all the way, they
fall to the ground where they break, ARE LOST, or become so loaded up
with dirt or snow that you now have a single-shot.

"They add to the weight of a gun.

"YOU CAN LOSE THEM.

"A stock with a cutout for a detachable magazine is less rigid than a
stock with a blind magazine.

"Hinged floorplates pop open accidentally, but all you lose are your
cartridges.

""Anything that's not essential and which opens the door to
malfunctions is something that I can do without quite nicely.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/ammunition/2009/09/petzal-why-i-hate-detachable-magazines

Craig Boddington, in his book _Safari Rifles II_

""Personally, I've never understood what place a detachable magazine
has on a hunting rifle. They are one of my pet peeves, just something
else to look after AND POSSIBLY LOSE."

Klaus Schadenfreude, trolling and bullshitting on Usenet:

"I *did* love the whole "losing magazines" though. That was a
brilliant stroke of bullshit."

Note that Klaus, who obviously knows little or nothing about guns,
focuses on the quality of the bullshit -- his specialty, and his gauge
of good writing.

d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

May 7, 2018, 10:19:01 AM5/7/18
On Mon, 07 May 2018 04:02:46 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
I've never met Rudy, and I find the exchanges between the two of you
to be annoying and boring.

But the difference is that he generally tells the truth or has a good
reason for his opinions. You, on the other hand, are just a slippery
troll and an empty bag of wind.

And you know it.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

May 7, 2018, 10:24:01 AM5/7/18
On Mon, 07 May 2018 03:58:36 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
<klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 06 May 2018 14:53:20 -0400, Ed Huntress
><hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 06 May 2018 10:51:02 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
>><klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>>>Yeah, that should give you time to find an excuse for your hypocrisy.
>>
>>I'm giving you time
>
>No, you're avoiding facing your hypocrisy, like you always do, Eddie.
>
>>Now you're talking about a gun that "now comes with," and it hasn't
>>been manufactured for 21 years.
>
>And you're avoiding the fact that when they decided to IMPROVE it,
>they gave it a box magazine.

How would you know? Do you know which end of a gun the bullet comes
out, Klaus?

You already blew it when you said it "now comes with," when it hasn't
been manufactured for over two decades. If you actually knew anything
about hunting rifles, you'd know about the Savage 99, and you'd know
it was long out of production.

But being a four-flushing bullshitter, you didn't know that, and now
you're doing your little troll dance, a cross between the Twist and a
Moonwalk, trying to divert attention from the fact that you've just
exposed yourself as a bullshitter and a troll.

Have you ever shot a gun, Klaus?

--
Ed Huntress

David R. Birch

May 7, 2018, 11:08:35 AM5/7/18
On 5/7/2018 4:13 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

> Maybe you can help Klaus find some use for a detachable magazine on a
> hunting rifle.

Like the removable mag on the Remington 740 and 760 and their
descendants? The one that allows the rifle to be unloaded without
working the rounds through the action?

David

---
http://www.avg.com

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 7, 2018, 11:15:03 AM5/7/18
On Mon, 7 May 2018 10:07:22 -0500, "David R. Birch" <dbi...@wi.rr.com>
wrote:

>On 5/7/2018 4:13 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
>
>> Maybe you can help Klaus find some use for a detachable magazine on a
>> hunting rifle.
>
>Like the removable mag on the Remington 740 and 760 and their
>descendants? The one that allows the rifle to be unloaded without
>working the rounds through the action?

Eddie The Expert can't figure out what "use" a detachable magazine has
on a hunting rifle.

He wants it explained to him.

"POINT PROVEN!"
Lee Harrison 1957-2012, RIP

Ed Huntress

May 7, 2018, 11:33:19 AM5/7/18
wrote:

>On 5/7/2018 4:13 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
>
>> Maybe you can help Klaus find some use for a detachable magazine on a
>> hunting rifle.
>
>Like the removable mag on the Remington 740 and 760 and their
>descendants? The one that allows the rifle to be unloaded without
>working the rounds through the action?
>
>David

Open the floor plate. The cartridges drop right out. Then do the same
thing you'd do with a detachable magazine: work the acion to get the
round out of the chamber.

If you don't have a floor plate, and if straight-pulling the bolt
three or four times once in a day of hunting is too much work, you
need a golf cart to get around, anyway.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

May 7, 2018, 11:34:30 AM5/7/18
Do you want to try to explain it, or did you give up and go into your
full-snark mode?

--
Ed Huntress

#BeamMeUpScotty

May 7, 2018, 11:55:27 AM5/7/18
How about you use different types of ammunition and it's quick and easy
to change from one type to another with a magazine where you click it in
and chamber a round rather than having to empty a fixed magazine and
then either reload or single fire load the chamber.

You could carry two guns, but then Liberals tell us that we don't need
all those guns....

--
That's Karma

Ed Huntress

May 7, 2018, 12:13:23 PM5/7/18
On Mon, 7 May 2018 11:55:20 -0400, #BeamMeUpScotty
In 49 years of hunting, I've never had to change ammo type in the
middle of a day. Is this something you do often?

Once I get a gun shooting well with one powder load and bullet type, I
stick with it. And I've never had a day when I had to switch back and
forth between shooting deer and woodchucks. <g>

I rarely load more than three rounds in a rifle at a time. Is working
the bolt straight back and forward three times too much work?

It's about the same as popping out a detachable magazine; working the
bolt to unload the round in the chamber; and pushing in a new
magazine.

--
Ed Huntress

#BeamMeUpScotty

May 7, 2018, 12:17:44 PM5/7/18
On 05/06/2018 12:41 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
> On Sun, 06 May 2018 09:19:27 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
> <klausscha...@null.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 6 May 2018 09:18:05 -0700, Rudy Canoza <c...@philhendrie.con>
>> wrote:

>> Eddie found someone as stupid as he is! LOL
>
> I found someone who's truly dumb and ignorant, Klaus -- you.
>
> Have you ever actually shot a gun, Klaus?
>

>> I wonder if Eddie brings ammo with him when he hunts? It's awful
>> small, after all, and easy to lose.
>
> If I was hunting with a rifle and missed five or six times, I'd take
> up golf.

Unless you were hungry.... because my rule has been if I can't eat it
or use it for the process of creating food I don't want to raise it or
hunt it.

I had barn cats because they chased mice and chickens because they laid
eggs and cooked up tender brown, I had other animals for their food
value and use in hunting or raising other animals.

Animals aren't here to abuse as pleasure items for humans amusement and
company. They either serve a purpose to me or I don't need them and I
let them live in nature.

It was cartoons and puppets that gave animals human personalities and
attributes. It's a false belief (spoiler alert) there's no Santa Clause
or Easter Bunny.... and animals don't think like humans. If you believe
they do you'll be the one that gets your face eaten off by a Chimpanzee,
NOT me.

--
That's Karma

David R. Birch

May 7, 2018, 12:23:43 PM5/7/18
On 5/7/2018 10:33 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
> On Mon, 7 May 2018 10:07:22 -0500, "David R. Birch" <dbi...@wi.rr.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 5/7/2018 4:13 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe you can help Klaus find some use for a detachable magazine on a
>>> hunting rifle.
>>
>> Like the removable mag on the Remington 740 and 760 and their
>> descendants? The one that allows the rifle to be unloaded without
>> working the rounds through the action?
>>
>> David
>
> Open the floor plate. The cartridges drop right out. Then do the same
> thing you'd do with a detachable magazine: work the acion(sic) to get the
> round out of the chamber.

Cold, wet, and dark after a long day climbing trees and walking through
forest and fields. Tired, with stiff fingers more likely to drop rounds
than to catch them as they drop out. Maybe you're too young to have
those problems, or you can hand the gun to your bearer to unload.

This is really a petty argument on your part. Quoting hunters who don't
like removable mags means nothing as there are probably as many who like
them, if you bothered to look instead of cherry picking. Based on sales
of rifles with removable mags, they shouldn't be hard to find.

Too bad the Brits had to fight WWI and WWII with single shot rifles
because they lost or damaged all their Enfield mags. But that's not
hunting, so not relevant.

> If you don't have a floor plate, and if straight-pulling the bolt
> three or four times once in a day of hunting is too much work, you
> need a golf cart to get around, anyway.

So? Now you're attacking me because I'm not as able as I once was? My
knees and my back hurt from arthritis, but that doesn't keep me from
going out in pursuit of venison.

Ed Huntress

May 7, 2018, 12:25:49 PM5/7/18
On Mon, 7 May 2018 12:17:39 -0400, #BeamMeUpScotty
<Not-...@ideocracy.gov> wrote:

>On 05/06/2018 12:41 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
>> On Sun, 06 May 2018 09:19:27 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
>> <klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>>> Eddie found someone as stupid as he is! LOL
>>
>> I found someone who's truly dumb and ignorant, Klaus -- you.
>>
>> Have you ever actually shot a gun, Klaus?
>>

>>> I wonder if Eddie brings ammo with him when he hunts? It's awful
>>> small, after all, and easy to lose.
>>
>> If I was hunting with a rifle and missed five or six times, I'd take
>> up golf.
>
>Unless you were hungry.... because my rule has been if I can't eat it
>or use it for the process of creating food I don't want to raise it or
>hunt it.

Since I gave up varmint hunting, I've felt the same way.

But few, if any, people go hungry because they missed what they were
shooting at five times.

>I had barn cats because they chased mice and chickens because they laid
>eggs and cooked up tender brown...

So how do you cook a cat, anyway? Is it true that they taste like
chicken? d8-)

> I had other animals for their food
>value and use in hunting or raising other animals.
>
>Animals aren't here to abuse as pleasure items for humans amusement and
>company. They either serve a purpose to me or I don't need them and I
>let them live in nature.

I'm with you. I grew disgusted with exploding crows and groundhogs and
gave it up.

>It was cartoons and puppets that gave animals human personalities and
>attributes. It's a false belief (spoiler alert) there's no Santa Clause
>or Easter Bunny.... and animals don't think like humans. If you believe
>they do you'll be the one that gets your face eaten off by a Chimpanzee,
>NOT me.

I'm not inclined to get close to a chimpanzee.

--
Ed Huntress

#BeamMeUpScotty

May 7, 2018, 12:37:21 PM5/7/18
On 05/06/2018 12:39 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
> On Sun, 6 May 2018 09:18:05 -0700, Rudy Canoza <c...@philhendrie.con>
> wrote:
>
>> On 5/6/2018 9:16 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

>>> You seem to have lost track. Here's what the subject was, and what
>>> Klaus is talking about:
>>>
>>> "Personally, I've never understood what place a detachable magazine
>>> has on a hunting rifle. They are one of my pet peeves, just something
>>> else to look after and possibly lose."
>>>
>>> -- Craig Boddington, author of these books:
>>>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/y7l7mrwf
>>>
>>> The subject was hunting rifles, BMUS, not police handguns..
>>
>> #ReamMeUpTheAssScotty always loses track.
>
> He has his own narrative, which he cooks up in his head. It has no
> connection to facts or reality, but it's his narrative, and he's
> sticking to it. d8-)

The narrative was "detachable magazine has on a hunting rifle." And the
fact that a detachable magazine works in a pistol is just more evidence
that they're NOT the problem since the shootings aren't necessarily with
pistols either..... The strange thing is that anyone actually chooses
an AR-15 in the first place when in a building where they want
indiscriminate chaos and body count and injury, a semi-auto shot gun
with a detachable magazine filled with buck shot would do far more
damage in the close spaces like a building.

The problem isn't the bullet capacity it's the images that trigger the
crazy killers, obviously the TV and video games are the trigger and the
media violence and romanticizing of the black gun that looks "menacing"
is what is triggering the shootings NOT the magazine capacity or they'd
use the Pistols and Shotguns with high capacity magazines that are more
destructive in close quarters. Police carry pistols that use a high
capacity magazine and some have a shotgun handy on the dash or in the
trunk NOT an AR-15, at least not so much and not until recently was the
AR-15 given to police who rarely take a long shot at a criminal...
because the pistol and shotgun were good for urban protection in close
quarters. As are shotguns with a name like "street sweeper"...

--
That's Karma

Ed Huntress

May 7, 2018, 12:50:19 PM5/7/18
On Mon, 7 May 2018 11:23:05 -0500, "David R. Birch" <dbi...@wi.rr.com>
wrote:

>On 5/7/2018 10:33 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
>> On Mon, 7 May 2018 10:07:22 -0500, "David R. Birch" <dbi...@wi.rr.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Like the removable mag on the Remington 740 and 760 and their
>>> descendants? The one that allows the rifle to be unloaded without
>>> working the rounds through the action?
>>>
>>> David
>>
>> Open the floor plate. The cartridges drop right out. Then do the same
>> thing you'd do with a detachable magazine: work the acion(sic) to get the
>> round out of the chamber.
>
>Cold, wet, and dark after a long day climbing trees and walking through
>forest and fields. Tired, with stiff fingers more likely to drop rounds
>than to catch them as they drop out. Maybe you're too young to have
>those problems, or you can hand the gun to your bearer to unload.

I turned 70 a few weeks ago. I've been hunting with rifles since 1959.
I don't drop cartridges.

What do you do when you unload a shotgun? Do you drop the shells?

>This is really a petty argument on your part.

It's actually Klaus's petty argument. I just quoted a couple of highly
regarded and well-known hunters who happen to agree with me. I
wouldn't make a big deal of it but Klaus is such a pain in the ass,
and such a phony blowhard, that we've kept it going.

>Quoting hunters who don't
>like removable mags means nothing as there are probably as many who like
>them, if you bothered to look instead of cherry picking. Based on sales
>of rifles with removable mags, they shouldn't be hard to find.

They aren't hard to find. They're cheap to manufacture and they've
become quite popular.

My problem with them is something that those two didn't mention: Most
contemporary rifle magazines are made of stamped and folded sheet
metal, and when you're tired and have stiff fingers, and the dropsies,
it's too easy to bend the lips or some other part of the magazine.

I own two pistols with removable magazines but I've never owned a
rifle with one. I'm familiar with both, but I've never, ever wished I
had a removable magazine on a hunting rifle. I've had a worn-out
magazine feed spring on my Hi-Stadard pistol keep the gun from firing,
and I just don't like the way the things operate overall.

>Too bad the Brits had to fight WWI and WWII with single shot rifles
>because they lost or damaged all their Enfield mags. But that's not
>hunting, so not relevant.

Where have you ever seen an Enfield with a detachable magazine? The
ones I've seen had fixed box magazines, like an '03 Sprinfield, and
were fed with stripper clips.

>> If you don't have a floor plate, and if straight-pulling the bolt
>> three or four times once in a day of hunting is too much work, you
>> need a golf cart to get around, anyway.
>
>So? Now you're attacking me because I'm not as able as I once was?

I'm not attacking you. I'm saying "you" in the impersonal sense. "One"
sounds too fussy. <g> I have no idea how able you are, and it wouldn't
matter. My metaphor was meant as a joke.

>My
>knees and my back hurt from arthritis, but that doesn't keep me from
>going out in pursuit of venison.
>
>David

Good, and may you always have the motivation and drive to do so. They
can be hard to come by as we get older -- and I'm pretty old, too.

--
Ed Huntress

#BeamMeUpScotty

May 7, 2018, 1:03:18 PM5/7/18
Have you ever seen an over/under rifle shotgun? I wonder why they make
those? Or why people buy them?

Do you think hunting in the woods is the same as hunting in an open
field. Windy day or the wind quits, Deer slug or Buck shot?

How about hollow point or FMJ, Match ammunition or off-the shelf?

Do you just take any old ammunition out and go blast at anything that
moves or do you hunt?

What kind of arrows do you use Graphite or Aluminum, heavy or light
windy or not long shot or close? Broad head or NOT Tree stand or across
a field?

Why have choices, why do women have choices?

--
That's Karma

#BeamMeUpScotty

May 7, 2018, 1:15:27 PM5/7/18
What if a bear wants to eat you and you missed the first 3 shots and the
other two just make the bear mad.....

Then the government just killed you. The point in hunting is to hunt
the animal NOT to become a victim of the animal.

Anything that makes hunting safe should be used shouldn't it, that's the
excuse for ORANGE vests and limiting the rifle season isn't it?

--
That's Karma

Just Wondering

May 7, 2018, 1:54:17 PM5/7/18
On 5/7/2018 10:13 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
> On Mon, 7 May 2018 BeamMeUpScotty wrote:

>>> I've never met Rudy
>>
>> How about you use different types of ammunition and it's quick
>> and easy to change from one type to another with a magazine
>> where you click it in and chamber a round rather than having
>> to empty a fixed magazine and then either reload or single fire
>> load the chamber.
>> You could carry two guns, but then Liberals tell us that we don't need
>> all those guns....
>
> In 49 years of hunting, I've never had to change ammo type in
> the middle of a day. I rarely load more than three rounds in
> a rifle at a time. Is working the bolt straight back and forward
> three times too much work? It's about the same as popping out a
> detachable magazine; working the bolt to unload the round in the
> chamber; and pushing in a new magazine.

"We should ban black cars. I don't like black cars. They get hot,
and running the car's A/C overtime pollutes the environment."
How about not trying to deny people their right to choose? How about
if someone wants a thing, you not wanting it does not mean he should
not have it?

Ed Huntress

May 7, 2018, 2:36:56 PM5/7/18
On Mon, 7 May 2018 13:15:22 -0400, #BeamMeUpScotty
<Not-...@ideocracy.gov> wrote:

>On 05/07/2018 11:34 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
>> On Mon, 07 May 2018 08:15:00 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
>> <klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>>> Eddie The Expert can't figure out what "use" a detachable magazine has
>>> on a hunting rifle.
>>>
>>> He wants it explained to him.
>>
>> Do you want to try to explain it, or did you give up and go into your
>> full-snark mode?
>

>What if a bear wants to eat you and you missed the first 3 shots and the
>other two just make the bear mad.....

Then the bear eats me. If you've fired five shots and he's still
coming, he'll probably eat you, too. d8-)

>Then the government just killed you. The point in hunting is to hunt
>the animal NOT to become a victim of the animal.

Then don't hunt bears.

>Anything that makes hunting safe should be used shouldn't it, that's the
>excuse for ORANGE vests and limiting the rifle season isn't it?

Have you ever hunted bears? What do you think they use for hunting
bears in Alaska?

--
Ed Huntress

Just Wondering

May 7, 2018, 2:38:31 PM5/7/18
It's a free country, they probably use whatever gun they want to.

Ed Huntress

May 7, 2018, 2:44:55 PM5/7/18
On Mon, 7 May 2018 13:03:12 -0400, #BeamMeUpScotty
I've often wondered that myself. A friend of mine had a Savage Model
24 in the early '60s. I thought it was pretty miserable.

>Do you think hunting in the woods is the same as hunting in an open
>field. Windy day or the wind quits, Deer slug or Buck shot?

I load with three rounds of slugs. Or I did, when I hunted deer. I've
never heard of anyone changing over between the two during a day of
hunting. Have you?

And what does that have to do with detachable magazines on hunting
rifles, anyway?

>How about hollow point or FMJ, Match ammunition or off-the shelf?

WTF are you doing with FMJ or match ammo while you're hunting?

>Do you just take any old ammunition out and go blast at anything that
>moves or do you hunt?

I take whatever shoots well in the rifle in question.

>What kind of arrows do you use Graphite or Aluminum, heavy or light
>windy or not long shot or close? Broad head or NOT Tree stand or across
>a field?

I don't hunt with a bow. And I've never seen a bow with a detachable
magazine. d8-)

>Why have choices, why do women have choices?

When it comes to hunting, what you're suggesting sounds nuts.

--
Ed Huntress

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Puppy Whistle Holder Emeritus 🐶笛

May 7, 2018, 2:47:35 PM5/7/18
On Mon, 7 May 2018 12:38:29 -0600, LO AND BEHOLD; "Just Wondering
<JustWo...@hotmail.com>" determined that the following was of great
importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us in
<E21IC.143028$g%2.12...@fx17.iad>:
they probably use poison-tipped darts and a pit with leaves covering it.

--
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB6B8jGSdLA

"Thanks to muzzies and their apologist-enablers like puppy whistle, this
seems to be the new norm in the world. It's spreading like a cancer,
and it's time we admit we're at war with pure evil. We need to put an
end to this muzzie plague, or life on Earth is going to become pure hell
everywhere. We need to get these people out of every civilized
country, and there's only one way to do it. IOW, we have to become
like them, with an emphasis on expediency over cruelty." - Checkmate (of alt.checkmate)

"Pussy Willow has just proven that Trump's crackdown on previously
unenforced immigration policies is working. We'll deal with the domestic
terrorists as needed, but we don't need to be letting the muzzie
terrorists get a foothold in our country too. One need only look at what
they're doing in Europe right now to know we're doing the right thing by
keeping them out, which is our right and our duty. - Checkmate (#1 pussy willow fan)

-

-

-

"I think we should destroy every last fucking mosque in America." - "Checkmate, DoW #1" <Lunatic...@The.Edge> proves for us that white males are violent in Message-ID: <MPG.32c5bfef...@news.altopia.com>

-

Golden Killfile, June 2005
KOTM, November 2006
Busted Urinal Award, April 2007
Tinfoil Sombrero, February 2007
AUK Mascot, September 2007

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 7, 2018, 3:01:01 PM5/7/18
To you?

What would be the point?

If a self-proclaimed expert on firearms can't figure out what "use" a
detachable magazine is on his, I seriously doubt you'd understand
anyone's explanation.

Everyone else seems to know what "use" they are.

How come you don't, Ed?

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 7, 2018, 3:01:33 PM5/7/18
<Not-...@ideocracy.gov> wrote:

>On 05/07/2018 11:34 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
>> On Mon, 07 May 2018 08:15:00 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
>> <klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>>> Eddie The Expert can't figure out what "use" a detachable magazine has
>>> on a hunting rifle.
>>>
>>> He wants it explained to him.
>>
>> Do you want to try to explain it, or did you give up and go into your
>> full-snark mode?
>

>What if a bear wants to eat you and you missed the first 3 [..]

Ed has never missed.

[chuckle]

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 7, 2018, 3:02:16 PM5/7/18
On Mon, 07 May 2018 10:18:50 -0400, Ed Huntress
ROFLMAO

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 7, 2018, 3:06:26 PM5/7/18
On Mon, 07 May 2018 10:23:51 -0400, Ed Huntress
Ed is now suggesting the gun manufacturers, as a rule, make their guns
more shitty as time goes on.

LOL

>Do you know which end of a gun the bullet comes
>out, Klaus?

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you've never held a gun in your
hands, Ed.

I can see you banging your walker in frustration.

Ed Huntress

May 7, 2018, 5:53:16 PM5/7/18
The state fish and game department did a survey among professional
hunters and guides who "back up" their clients. It's the .338 Win.
Magnum in bolt action.

--
Ed Huntress

David R. Birch

May 7, 2018, 7:54:05 PM5/7/18
On 5/7/2018 11:50 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
> On Mon, 7 May 2018 11:23:05 -0500, "David R. Birch" <dbi...@wi.rr.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 5/7/2018 10:33 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

>>> Open the floor plate. The cartridges drop right out. Then do the same
>>> thing you'd do with a detachable magazine: work the acion(sic) to get the
>>> round out of the chamber.
>>
>> Cold, wet, and dark after a long day climbing trees and walking through
>> forest and fields. Tired, with stiff fingers more likely to drop rounds
>> than to catch them as they drop out. Maybe you're too young to have
>> those problems, or you can hand the gun to your bearer to unload.
>
> I turned 70 a few weeks ago. I've been hunting with rifles since 1959.
> I don't drop cartridges.
>
> What do you do when you unload a shotgun? Do you drop the shells?

I don't hunt with a shotgun.

>> Quoting hunters who don't
>> like removable mags means nothing as there are probably as many who like
>> them, if you bothered to look instead of cherry picking. Based on sales
>> of rifles with removable mags, they shouldn't be hard to find.
>
> They aren't hard to find. They're cheap to manufacture and they've
> become quite popular.

Ahh, ambiguous antecedent, I was referring to the many skilled hunters
who prefer removable mags. But you probably knew that.

> My problem with them is something that those two didn't mention: Most
> contemporary rifle magazines are made of stamped and folded sheet
> metal, and when you're tired and have stiff fingers, and the dropsies,
> it's too easy to bend the lips or some other part of the magazine.

Possible, but not easy in my experience.

>> Too bad the Brits had to fight WWI and WWII with single shot rifles
>> because they lost or damaged all their Enfield mags. But that's not
>> hunting, so not relevant.
>
> Where have you ever seen an Enfield with a detachable magazine? The
> ones I've seen had fixed box magazines, like an '03 Sprinfield, and
> were fed with stripper clips.

The removable mag was found in the Enfields used in WWI and WWII and
earlier models. In practice it was rarely removed from the rifle, being
instead loaded while in the rifle from 2 5 round stripper clips. This
was more a matter of conservative senior officers who opposed anything
that would allow the soldier to "waste" ammo with a higher rate of fire.

>>> If you don't have a floor plate, and if straight-pulling the bolt
>>> three or four times once in a day of hunting is too much work, you
>>> need a golf cart to get around, anyway.
>>
>> So? Now you're attacking me because I'm not as able as I once was?
>
> I'm not attacking you. I'm saying "you" in the impersonal sense. "One"
> sounds too fussy. <g> I have no idea how able you are, and it wouldn't
> matter. My metaphor was meant as a joke.

There were times last fall when something like a golf cart would have
helped, but it would have needed tracks.

David R. Birch

May 7, 2018, 8:01:05 PM5/7/18
On 5/7/2018 2:06 PM, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:

> Ed is now suggesting the gun manufacturers, as a rule, make their guns
> more shitty as time goes on.

This is true at a certain level, as one of the problems that gun makers
have is that a quality arm lasts too long. One of the reasons Remington
has gone down the tubes is poor quality. The Model 700 ain't what it was.

Scout

May 7, 2018, 8:23:49 PM5/7/18

"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klausscha...@null.net> wrote in message
You missed the 'been' between never and missed.

Vincent

May 8, 2018, 1:43:51 AM5/8/18
On 5/7/2018 4:13 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
> On Mon, 7 May 2018 00:23:32 -0500, Leper <Le...@MolokaiColony.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 5/6/2018 1:58 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

>>> David Petzal and Craig Boddington seem to agree. Do you think they
>>> know a thing or two about guns?
>>>
>>> The real question is, do you think you know better, you four-flushing
>>> blowhard?
>>>
>>> And the conclusion is, you appear not to know a single thing about
>>> guns. Have you ever fired one?

>>> Your problem is that you stuck your foot in it and don't know how to
>>> get it out.
>>
>> Heh! Heh! you are losing it. You piled bullshit up high in this
>> Newsgroup and now it has collapsed and is smothering you. With your own
>> bullshit.
>
> Oh look! The sewers must have flooded, and Leper is coming up for air.
>
> Maybe you can help Klaus find some use for a detachable magazine on a
> hunting rifle.

Maybe you could tell us why you went to Switzerland to avoid the draft
instead of Canada. I wonder if the poor bastard that replaced you in
Vietnam survived.

Leper

May 8, 2018, 1:48:56 AM5/8/18
On 5/7/2018 1:36 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
> On Mon, 7 May 2018 13:15:22 -0400, #BeamMeUpScotty
> <Not-...@ideocracy.gov> wrote:
>
>> On 05/07/2018 11:34 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

>>> Do you want to try to explain it, or did you give up and go into your
>>> full-snark mode?
>>

>> What if a bear wants to eat you and you missed the first 3 shots and the
>> other two just make the bear mad.....
>
> Then the bear eats me. If you've fired five shots and he's still
> coming, he'll probably eat you, too. d8-)

Not if the bear has massive indigestion from eating Cuntinadress.

>> Then the government just killed you. The point in hunting is to hunt
>> the animal NOT to become a victim of the animal.
>
> Then don't hunt bears.

Idiots like Cuntinadress walks among us.

>> Anything that makes hunting safe should be used shouldn't it, that's the
>> excuse for ORANGE vests and limiting the rifle season isn't it?
>
> Have you ever hunted bears? What do you think they use for hunting
> bears in Alaska?

They use fat asses like you for bait.

--
Machiavelli wrote:It is necessary for the state to deal in lies and half
truths,
because people are made up of lies and half truths. Even Princes.' And
certainly, by definition all Ambassadors and politicians

Ed Huntress

May 8, 2018, 9:29:18 AM5/8/18
On Tue, 8 May 2018 00:48:56 -0500, Leper <Le...@MolokaiColony.com>
wrote:
Poor Leper. Fresh air makes him surly.

Don't worry, Leper, the floods won't last forever. You can go back to
your sewer and breathe that old sewer gas again soon.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

May 8, 2018, 9:31:30 AM5/8/18
On Mon, 07 May 2018 12:00:56 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
<klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 07 May 2018 11:34:21 -0400, Ed Huntress
><hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 07 May 2018 08:15:00 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
>><klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>>>Eddie The Expert can't figure out what "use" a detachable magazine has
>>>on a hunting rifle.
>>>
>>>He wants it explained to him.
>>
>>Do you want to try to explain it,
>
>To you?
>
>What would be the point?
>
>If a self-proclaimed expert on firearms can't figure out what "use" a
>detachable magazine is on his, I seriously doubt you'd understand
>anyone's explanation.

Neither of us can, Klasu, as you have demonstrated at length. That's
because there isn't one.

>Everyone else seems to know what "use" they are.

"Everyone else" has provided nothing but nonsense replies so far.
That's because they have no use on a hunting rifle.

>How come you don't, Ed?

For the same reason you can't -- because one doesn't exist.

--
Ed Huntress

David R. Birch

May 8, 2018, 9:42:54 AM5/8/18
On 5/8/2018 8:31 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

>>> Do you want to try to explain it,
>>
>> To you?
>>
>> What would be the point?
>>
>> If a self-proclaimed expert on firearms can't figure out what "use" a
>> detachable magazine is on his, I seriously doubt you'd understand
>> anyone's explanation.
>
> Neither of us can, Klasu, as you have demonstrated at length. That's
> because there isn't one.

There is a difference between there being no use for a detachable mag
and YOU having no use for one. Many competent and successful hunters
find them useful, but these hunters are irrelevant as you don't.

>> Everyone else seems to know what "use" they are.
>
> "Everyone else" has provided nothing but nonsense replies so far.
> That's because they have no use on a hunting rifle.

YOU have no use for them, many competent and successful hunters do.

>> How come you don't, Ed?
>
> For the same reason you can't -- because one doesn't exist.

BS.

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 8, 2018, 9:44:09 AM5/8/18
On Tue, 8 May 2018 08:42:03 -0500, "David R. Birch" <dbi...@wi.rr.com>
wrote:
I love how easy it is to make Ed keep digging this hole.

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 8, 2018, 9:45:23 AM5/8/18
On Tue, 08 May 2018 09:31:21 -0400, Ed Huntress
<hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:

>>If a self-proclaimed expert on firearms can't figure out what "use" a
>>detachable magazine is on his, I seriously doubt you'd understand
>>anyone's explanation.
>
>Neither of us can, Klasu, as you have demonstrated at length. That's
>because there isn't one.

LOL

Thanks for proving without a doubt that you're a compete idiot, Ed.

There's no turning back for you now.

Ed Huntress

May 8, 2018, 10:04:32 AM5/8/18
On Mon, 7 May 2018 18:53:35 -0500, "David R. Birch" <dbi...@wi.rr.com>
"Probably as many" is a way of saying that you don't really know. But
even if you did, and you were right, that wouldn't explain what use
they have on a hunting rifle. And that is the only question here. It's
not a popularity contest.

I like bamboo fly rods, just for their feel, but that doesn't make
them any more useful than graphite rods. In fact, they're somewhat
less useful, and a matter of taste rather than usefulness.

>> My problem with them is something that those two didn't mention: Most
>> contemporary rifle magazines are made of stamped and folded sheet
>> metal, and when you're tired and have stiff fingers, and the dropsies,
>> it's too easy to bend the lips or some other part of the magazine.
>
>Possible, but not easy in my experience.
>
>>> Too bad the Brits had to fight WWI and WWII with single shot rifles
>>> because they lost or damaged all their Enfield mags. But that's not
>>> hunting, so not relevant.
>>
>> Where have you ever seen an Enfield with a detachable magazine? The
>> ones I've seen had fixed box magazines, like an '03 Sprinfield, and
>> were fed with stripper clips.
>
>The removable mag was found in the Enfields used in WWI and WWII and
>earlier models. In practice it was rarely removed from the rifle, being
>instead loaded while in the rifle from 2 5 round stripper clips. This
>was more a matter of conservative senior officers who opposed anything
>that would allow the soldier to "waste" ammo with a higher rate of fire.

The various models of Enfields are pretty confusing to a
non-specialist. I just never saw one that wasn't loaded from a
stripper clip, or if a sporter conversion, one round at a time. From
what I've read, the Brits only issued one magazine per rifle, and they
were not interchangeable between rifles. They had to be fitted.

But I haven't studied the Enfields very closely, and have only
encountered a couple of 1917 models at DCM shoots a few decades ago,
so I don't know the details.

We should ask Canopy. He has one of the 1917 models made by the
Eddystone factory. I wonder how he loads his?

>>> So? Now you're attacking me because I'm not as able as I once was?
>>
>> I'm not attacking you. I'm saying "you" in the impersonal sense. "One"
>> sounds too fussy. <g> I have no idea how able you are, and it wouldn't
>> matter. My metaphor was meant as a joke.
>
>There were times last fall when something like a golf cart would have
>helped, but it would have needed tracks.
>
>David

I haven't hunted deer for a while, since my hunting buddy in PA died,
and my friend in NJ sold his farm.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

May 8, 2018, 10:08:59 AM5/8/18
I never avoided the draft. The draft avoided me. I notified my draft
board when I went to Switzerland, but I still had a student deferment,
so it wasn't a problem.

> I wonder if the poor bastard that replaced you in
>Vietnam survived.

Nobody "replaced" me, you moron.

Why didn't you have a college deferment? Were you too lazy, or too
stupid to get into college? I can see where the latter is a strong
possibility.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

May 8, 2018, 10:11:02 AM5/8/18
Go for it. You'll find out how a democratic republic works when you
fail.

>How about not trying to deny people their right to choose? How about
>if someone wants a thing, you not wanting it does not mean he should
>not have it?

My not wanting it means nothing. A majority of the American people not
wanting it means a lot.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

May 8, 2018, 10:12:57 AM5/8/18
On Mon, 07 May 2018 12:02:12 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
I should have mentioned that you're not very bright, either. You pour
what little ability you have into being an obnoxious and slippery
troll.

But you're impotent and generally harmless, and, hey, everybody needs
a hobby.

--
Ed Huntress

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 8, 2018, 10:17:12 AM5/8/18
On Tue, 08 May 2018 10:12:47 -0400, Ed Huntress
<hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:

>I should have mentioned that you're not very bright, either. You pour
>what little ability you have into being an obnoxious and slippery
>troll.

Says the idiot that doesn't know what a magazine is used for.

[chuckle]

>But you're impotent and generally harmless, and, hey, everybody needs
>a hobby.

I understand your rage at being exposed as a poser, Ed, I really do.

But, what's done is done.

Ed Huntress

May 8, 2018, 10:38:50 AM5/8/18
wrote:

>>> To you?
>>>
>>> What would be the point?
>>>
>>> If a self-proclaimed expert on firearms can't figure out what "use" a
>>> detachable magazine is on his, I seriously doubt you'd understand
>>> anyone's explanation.
>>
>> Neither of us can, Klasu, as you have demonstrated at length. That's
>> because there isn't one.
>
>There is a difference between there being no use for a detachable mag
>and YOU having no use for one.

There would be, if there is one. But there isn't.

>Many competent and successful hunters
>find them useful, but these hunters are irrelevant as you don't.

Do they find them "useful," or do they just like them, the way I like
bamboo fly rods?

Much of what we choose to have in our toys is a matter of taste or
emotional reaction, not necessarily usefulness. And we still haven't
heard an argument that favors them for hunting. Petzal and Boddington
make strong cases against them.

>>> Everyone else seems to know what "use" they are.
>>
>> "Everyone else" has provided nothing but nonsense replies so far.
>> That's because they have no use on a hunting rifle.
>
>YOU have no use for them, many competent and successful hunters do.

Tell us what the "usefulness" is that they find in them.

>>> How come you don't, Ed?
>>
>> For the same reason you can't -- because one doesn't exist.
>
>BS.

You still haven't answered the question, David. All you've given us is
your impression of a popularity contest, not a rational reason.

I saw some asshole online who said he likes them because they're
easier to load while he's sitting in his truck. Duh....that's about
the quality of response I've heard so far.

Then there's the "bear defense" argument. Think about that one for a
minute.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

May 8, 2018, 10:54:33 AM5/8/18
On Mon, 7 May 2018 12:37:14 -0400, #BeamMeUpScotty
<Not-...@ideocracy.gov> wrote:

>On 05/06/2018 12:39 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
>> On Sun, 6 May 2018 09:18:05 -0700, Rudy Canoza <c...@philhendrie.con>
>> wrote:

>>> #ReamMeUpTheAssScotty always loses track.
>>
>> He has his own narrative, which he cooks up in his head. It has no
>> connection to facts or reality, but it's his narrative, and he's
>> sticking to it. d8-)
>
>The narrative was "detachable magazine has on a hunting rifle." And the
>fact that a detachable magazine works in a pistol is just more evidence
>that they're NOT the problem since the shootings aren't necessarily with
>pistols either.....

Right. The mass shootings are with semiauto rifles and pistols. Do you
know of a recent one that didn't involve detachable magazines? Which
one used stripper clips? How many revolvers that didn't also involve
semiauto pistols? How about, "zero"? d8-)

Take a look at this list. Tell us what you see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shootings_in_the_United_States

>The strange thing is that anyone actually chooses
>an AR-15 in the first place when in a building where they want
>indiscriminate chaos and body count and injury, a semi-auto shot gun
>with a detachable magazine filled with buck shot would do far more
>damage in the close spaces like a building.

And how many semiauto shotguns have detachable magazines? Just a few,
and they've been known to be unreliable feeders. The new Remington
870DM, which has only been on the market for a few months, gets good
reviews, and the reviewers say thay've solved the feed-reliability
problem. Maybe the mass shooters will start using the 870 with big
banana magazines now. Someone surely will make one, curled around like
a banana to deal with the shell rims.

>The problem isn't the bullet capacity it's the images that trigger the
>crazy killers, obviously the TV and video games are the trigger and the
>media violence and romanticizing of the black gun that looks "menacing"
>is what is triggering the shootings NOT the magazine capacity or they'd
>use the Pistols and Shotguns with high capacity magazines that are more
>destructive in close quarters.

It starts with cartridge capacity.

>Police carry pistols that use a high
>capacity magazine and some have a shotgun handy on the dash or in the
>trunk NOT an AR-15, at least not so much and not until recently was the
>AR-15 given to police who rarely take a long shot at a criminal...
>because the pistol and shotgun were good for urban protection in close
>quarters. As are shotguns with a name like "street sweeper"...

As I said, maybe they'll start using Remington 870DMs now. Who knows?

The feature they all have in common is high-capacity detachable
magzines. A really nasty, "tactical" look helps, too. If they don't
have one already, I give Remington six months to produce a black
"tactical" model that looks really mean. The Gun Culture 2.0 gun nutz
will sop them up.

--
Ed Huntress

Gunner Asch

May 8, 2018, 11:06:00 AM5/8/18
wrote:

>> "Everyone else" has provided nothing but nonsense replies so far.
>> That's because they have no use on a hunting rifle.
>
>YOU have no use for them, many competent and successful hunters do.
>
>>> How come you don't, Ed?
>>
>> For the same reason you can't -- because one doesn't exist.
>
>BS.
>
>David

Tikka, Remington, Savage, Winchester just to name 4...have hunting
rifles with detachable magazines.
Humm...#5...Ruger..#6..Styer..#7...Mossberg..#8.CZ

All centerfire BOLTor pump action detachable magazine hunting rifles.

---

Ed Huntress

May 8, 2018, 11:26:31 AM5/8/18
On Tue, 08 May 2018 08:05:27 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 8 May 2018 08:42:03 -0500, "David R. Birch" <dbi...@wi.rr.com>
>wrote:
>
>>> "Everyone else" has provided nothing but nonsense replies so far.
>>> That's because they have no use on a hunting rifle.
>>
>>YOU have no use for them, many competent and successful hunters do.

>>> For the same reason you can't -- because one doesn't exist.
>>
>>BS.
>>
>>David
>
>Tikka, Remington, Savage, Winchester just to name 4...have hunting
>rifles with detachable magazines.
>Humm...#5...Ruger..#6..Styer..#7...Mossberg..#8.CZ
>
>All centerfire BOLTor pump action detachable magazine hunting rifles.

And what advantage do they have over a fixed magazine for hunting?

Try "None."

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

May 8, 2018, 11:37:54 AM5/8/18
On Tue, 08 May 2018 06:45:18 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
<klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 08 May 2018 09:31:21 -0400, Ed Huntress
><hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>>If a self-proclaimed expert on firearms can't figure out what "use" a
>>>detachable magazine is on his, I seriously doubt you'd understand
>>>anyone's explanation.
>>
>>Neither of us can, Klasu, as you have demonstrated at length. That's
>>because there isn't one.
>
>LOL
>
>Thanks for proving without a doubt that I'm a compete idiot, Ed.

My pleasure, you four-flushing, bullshitting troll.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

May 8, 2018, 11:39:26 AM5/8/18
On Tue, 08 May 2018 07:17:07 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
<klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 08 May 2018 10:12:47 -0400, Ed Huntress
><hunt...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>I should have mentioned that you're not very bright, either. You pour
>>what little ability you have into being an obnoxious and slippery
>>troll.
>
>So I'm an idiot that doesn't know what a magazine is used for.

Right you are.

Have you ever fired a gun, Klaus?

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

May 8, 2018, 11:40:44 AM5/8/18
On Mon, 07 May 2018 12:06:22 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
They make them cheaper.

>LOL
>
>>Do you know which end of a gun the bullet comes
>>out, Klaus?
>
>I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you've never held a gun to your
>head, Ed.

You're right, I never have. Is that something you do?

--
Ed Huntress

#BeamMeUpScotty

May 8, 2018, 11:57:20 AM5/8/18
It takes a Majority to change the Constitution with an amendment and
that RIGHT to a gun with a magazine is protected by the Constitutional
amendment and so you can't change it with a court ruling for the few
like you it takes the many that will repeal the 2nd amendment and
install a new limitation on buying and owning and bearing arms.

You got it right but the Legislature and the Courts are NOT the majority
of Americans that it takes to amend this Constitution.

You mean nothing but the Constitution means everything.

--
That's Karma

Ed Huntress

May 8, 2018, 12:09:24 PM5/8/18
Nope. The Court's ruling in Heller is clear on that point.

>You got it right but the Legislature and the Courts are NOT the majority
>of Americans that it takes to amend this Constitution.

No need for an amendment. You have Heller.

>You mean nothing but the Constitution means everything.

And your opinion about it means nothing, while the opinion of the
Supreme Court means everything.

--
Ed Huntress

#BeamMeUpScotty

May 8, 2018, 12:12:25 PM5/8/18
Machine guns could be bought over the counter at a hardware store before
they were banned, and fewer deaths occurred in Chicago when you could
buy a machine gun over the counter. The old drive by shootings and turf
killings by the gangs didn't end with banning machine guns.

In fact they continued until the underground profits were taken out of
the hands of the criminals by making liquor legal once again so that
criminals couldn't make huge profits.

Obviously what you're saying is that you want to make machine guns an
over the counter item with no license or background checks.... So that
Chicago will be safe once again like it was when they were legal and
easily available. The gun ban is as huge a failure as was Prohibition.

By the end of Prohibition there were more bar stools than when it
started and it didn't stop wife beating as promised, all it did was make
drinking and crime more closely related and help create the Great
Depression.

--
That's Karma

Ed Huntress

May 8, 2018, 12:41:36 PM5/8/18
On Tue, 8 May 2018 12:12:19 -0400, #BeamMeUpScotty
It gave us a whole new class of ocean-going powerboats, through. The
boatbuilding business just a few miles from my house (in Keyport)
really took off. The 50-foot Fleur de Lis , powered by three Libery
aircraft engines, would do 55 mph with a full load of booze. d8-)

Your comparisons are silly and inaccurate, BMUS.

--
Ed Huntress

#BeamMeUpScotty

May 8, 2018, 12:46:45 PM5/8/18
On 05/08/2018 11:05 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
> On Tue, 8 May 2018 08:42:03 -0500, "David R. Birch" <dbi...@wi.rr.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> "Everyone else" has provided nothing but nonsense replies so far.
>>> That's because they have no use on a hunting rifle.
>>
>> YOU have no use for them, many competent and successful hunters do.

>>> For the same reason you can't -- because one doesn't exist.
>>
>> BS.
>>
>> David
>
> Tikka, Remington, Savage, Winchester just to name 4...have hunting
> rifles with detachable magazines.
> Humm...#5...Ruger..#6..Styer..#7...Mossberg..#8.CZ
>
> All centerfire BOLTor pump action detachable magazine hunting rifles.

And people hunt pests like the wild hogs that tear up farmers crops.....

In that case there is no limit and time and energy is a factor. You
need to shoot as many and as fast as you can to get back to farming
after you cull the heard of damaging pests to an acceptable level. And
for safety sake you need to have a magazine that will hold enough
bullets to shoot as many as you can and have the ability to defend
yourself if one or more turn on you and try to attack.

Personally a machine gun seems like a viable option for that kind of
hunting where you need to cut the population down efficiently and safely.

And when you're facing a pack of wolves that has more wolves in it than
you have bullets in your gun. You are being killed by the government
and you never committed a crime or had due process. They just
irrationally banned you from your RIGHT to keep and bear arms for self
defense.

--
That's Karma

Just Wondering

May 8, 2018, 12:54:55 PM5/8/18
On 5/8/2018 8:38 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
It's a bloody CHOICE. Just because you wouldn't choose it is not a
reason to deny someone else the choice.
It is loading more messages.