Dole scrounger's whereabouts?

Robert Youngdale

May 1, 2018, 6:10:29 PM5/1/18
It has been almost two weeks since the sleaziest deadbeat dole scrounger
of Taft has appeared here. Do you imagine the imaginary backhoe fell
over on him?

Gunner Asch

May 1, 2018, 7:31:54 PM5/1/18
Blink......blink Sucks for you to be one of the losers that is
obsessed with me. My backhoe is fine and parked where it always has
been. I finished the job I was working on that netted hundreds of
thousands. <shrug> I used some of my share to get my Travco
motorhome shipshaped.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5f/cd/b9/5fcdb903ebd9bf611d422a799df91228.jpg
I packed up my briefcase and my Rolex and now Im on the road to Ohio
where I plan to enjoy some of Tom Gardners hospitality. Hopefully.....
very hopefully well have time to do some cull scoping. No harm in
having the best lamposts mapped out! Hmmm..... hmmmm?? Enjoy your
last moments on Erath bozo. Its going to be an interesting
summer..... for some of us......

Whe I get back to the ranch Ill decide which job offer to accept. It
will depend who has the best Company truck, uniforms, health bennies,
401k etc etc.

Gunner

---

Gunner Asch

May 8, 2018, 12:10:34 AM5/8/18
On Tue, 01 May 2018 16:31:51 -0700, Gunner Asch
<Gunne...@gmaiil.com> wrote:

>From: Gunner Asch <Gunne...@gmaiil.com>
>Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
>Subject: Re: Dole scrounger's whereabouts?
>Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 16:31:51 -0700

Gunner Asch

May 8, 2018, 10:20:39 AM5/8/18

>>401k etc etc.
>>
>>Gunner
>
>---

I suppose I should give an update on my absence for the past 3 weeks
or so.

I finally finished the factory shutdown. Finished it last Wed at 12:30
PM, and the keys were given to the new owners, hands were shaken and
that job is over.

https://goo.gl/photos/ysGEp3miwn4YJNng9

More photos to be added as I get around to it. I worked the past month
at 12-14hrs a day and I got home Sunday morning, and slept the entire
day. Monday..yesterday..I started weeding through honey-do's" and
unloading the van and trailer. I have to go back down..maybe
Thursday..take care of several clients, fix the Ford pickup truck
(electrical for the fuel pumps shorted out somewhere..melted the tank
selector switch and there is a dead short on the rear tank wiring..so
I have to find it. Ive been driving it around the yard and to store
for a month and one morning I started it up..and smoke came out of the
dash. Ive already purchased new switch and downloaded the wiring
diagrams...shrug)

The Wed-Thursday prior, I flew out to Farmington, Ct for an interview
with Trumpf
https://www.glassdoor.com/Job/los-angeles-ca-field-service-engineer-jobs-SRCH_IL.0,14_IC1146821_KO15,37.htm?src=GD_JOB_AD&t=EMPLOYER_SEARCH_RESULTS&ao=173064&s=21&rdserp=true&srs=EI_JOBS&jl=2764242069

Beautiful facility, an actual "campus" on about 10 acres. Facilty was
well laid out, georgious operations, with clean, neat and
young...young staff. Hence I knew right off the bat I wasnt going to
get an offer. Shrug. The other 6 applicants were wearing suits...for a
technical job, I dressed neatly and appropriately in new jeans, new
Carhartt work shirt, boots all neatly polished and ready to get "hands
on". I hadnt realized it was so interlocked with their German
headquarters...European culture rules. Nice people, very..very Euro
culture/east coast culture. They flew me out on American Airlines, got
me a rental car to drive the 40 miles from the airport out Farmington
(raining like a bitch on small town east coast roads ack!!!) put me
up at the Farmington Inn:
http://www.farmingtoninn.com/

The door acess cards...were all marked with the Trumpf logo..so its
obvious who one of their biggest users are....Grin)

I arrived back in California very late, the 2nd day about 12:30 am,
and at 6:30am , was back on the job shutting down the factory.
I was notified the following Monday, that I was not hired. Reasons?

"I was more than qualified technically, it was a very tough decision,
but I wasnt "classy" enough for their staff. I had been overheard
using the vulgar terms "shit and fuckup" when talking to the other
applicants about jobs/experiences". Direct quote from the recruiter.
The recruiter also indicated that he suspected that my age played a
huge part in not getting an offer. He does recruiting for them and
indicated that they only seem to hire young easterners/midwesterners
who can fit into the companies "mold". I aced their technical
questions/tests...though I admit...some were tough. When they laid out
the first set of diagrams and blueprints...I blinked and said "ach!
das iz very very German" and the interviewer..blinked back..and then
laughed and said "ya...iz German..how did you know?". I explained the
differences between US and German documents and blue prints..and he
said 'You have had experience with them before yes?". At which
point..I believe I said something like "yes, Ive had to puzzle through
this shit once or twice and without a legend..its a pain in the
ass"...shrug. Poor timing/choice of words I suspect. Shrug. Like I
said...Im not a European.

Of the other 6 people, I can pick out the 3 that were offered jobs and
the other 3 that were turned down....Grin. All three are under 40, and
are competent beginner technicians with about 2-4 yrs of experience.

As I told the recruiter before I went...I wasnt holding my breath...I
didnt think Id fit well into Euro/East coast corporate culture(though
I frankly didnt expect it to be so ingrained into the company) ...and
after calling me back when he got the news...he laughed and said Id
nailed it. He did indicate that they had dawdled so long over me,
because everyone of their hiring staff liked me, including the
regional managers and the tech staff really liked me...but the age
thing and the "culture" thing won out. So no surprise there.

But it was a fun experience seeing how the corporate types on the east
coast did things, and the trip was interesting in and of itself.
Looking at a map of their service areas...the western states is the
largest geographically..and has the fewest customers. So its going to
be interesting to watch how they handle westerners in the coming
years.

Since then, Ive had (2) initial phone interviews with California
companies...one of whom, when I mentioned that Id done the pilgrimage
to Trumpf headquarters the week before...got some laughter and jokes
about "German assholes who sell good but very overpriced machinery
and require you to have a stick up your ass to fit the image." When
I asked how he knew about them..he said he had worked for them for a
couple years and he didnt fit the Trumpf image either and quit as soon
as something more "Californian" and far less European came along.

There was one thing that bothered me....they lied about the wages. The
wages in the above link are utterly wrong. They are paying their
service techs only $45k/year with the other $20k being possible
overtime. Given its a 100% travel job...frankly..it was another
reason I wasnt disappointed in not getting a job offer. At this stage
in life...with a disabled wife who has declining health
issues....being 6 states away at any given time..is not something I
really have much interest in.

Plus...frankly..Im not a big fan of flying anymore. TSA is a pain in
the ass. I lost my keyfob..a tiny little multitool (Leatherman Micra)
That Ive carried for a decade.... that Id forgotten had a blade in it
that was a whole 1" long. LA passed it through without a blink.
Charlotte NC (interconnect) passed it through without a blink. Hampton
Ct made a big deal about it on the way back. The tiny little sissors
were fine, but that evil 1" dull blade I used to clean my fingernails
with..was Evil.
https://www.amazon.com/Leatherman-Micra-Keychain-Multitool-Stainless/dp/B000JCN0FG?th=1

I am honest with the interviewers...every interviewer...Im only
planning on busting ass for another 6-10 yrs and then pulling the
plug, and am only looking to take another job to salt as much money
away as I can, so we dont have to simply live on Social Security when
its time to hang it up.

I am..am open to moving to a Free State...so if anyone knows someone
who is looking for someone with my skill sets...mention me to them.
California with its far left politics and fading economy has become a
ball bag drag. Which is why so many companies are fleeing this state.

Gunner

Got a Feelin'

May 8, 2018, 10:36:49 AM5/8/18
On Mon, 07 May 2018 21:10:01 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Ersatz Gunner's life is undeniably better than Wieber's. Then again,
whose isn't? LOL

Got a Feelin'

May 8, 2018, 10:45:12 AM5/8/18
On Tue, 08 May 2018 07:20:07 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hence I knew right off the bat I wasnt going to
>get an offer. Shrug.

ANYBODY could have predicted there won't be any offers, ever.

>they lied about the wages.

That should have given you hope you'd fit in.

>I am..am open to moving to a Free State.

Try Wakunda. Of course, you're "being open" makes it doubly
irrelevant.

>Which is why so many companies are fleeing this state.

I thought Trump fixed everything for you? LOL

Gunner Asch

May 8, 2018, 11:12:56 AM5/8/18
On Tue, 08 May 2018 07:36:45 -0700, Got a Feelin' <G...@mmap.net>
wrote:

>From: Got a Feelin' <G...@mmap.net>
>Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
>Subject: Re: Dole scrounger's whereabouts?
>Date: Tue, 08 May 2018 07:36:45 -0700
Obviously YOURs isnt any better. Stuck in the Home...only allowed
internet access in the Rec Room and only able to look at the Real
World through the bars...just purely has to suck big time.

Gunner Asch

May 8, 2018, 11:17:05 AM5/8/18
On Tue, 08 May 2018 07:45:08 -0700, Got a Feelin' <G...@mmap.net>
wrote:
So whats on the menu for you today? Beans and rice? Or Rice and
beans?

I know they feed you really well in the Home.

I noticed you went way out of your way to edit my posting in that zany
way you have, to try to minimalize what I wrote..and make yourself
look smart. Sorry Ma'am....its not working. You still look incredibly
stupid and lame.

Oh..<plink> number 693 (not counting your posts for the past month
which I didnt read.

Ed Huntress

May 8, 2018, 11:25:03 AM5/8/18
On Tue, 08 May 2018 07:20:07 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Try Amada America. They're as big as Trumpf and they're in Buena Park.
They make a similar line of machines. In fact, Amada and Trumpf are
the two biggest competitors in the international machine tool
business.

Amada has have two plants in California and that's their US
headquarters.

They're Japanese but they're run mostly by Americans in the US, and
you'd find the culture a lot more familiar than that of Trumpf.

I liked working with them quite a lot, but I also liked working with
Trumpf.

Here are their current job listings:

https://tinyurl.com/ydymv87h

[Somebody please respond to this because Gunner claims he has me
killfiled. <g>]

--
Ed Huntress

Got a Feelin'

May 8, 2018, 8:00:44 PM5/8/18
Nice of you to try to help him, but what's the point? Nobody in their
right mind would hire him. Now, if he could find a rightard-minded
employer... Nope, most of those could use a good job of their own.
Successful employers, even the most rightard-minded ones, know better
than to take on somebody who's been failing as long as Wieber. His
story of having many skills but no success for decades isn't credible,
and the real issues are easily discoverable in the Internet age. If he
was smarter he wouldn't be looking for a job at his age. Or he'd at
least have stopped adding to the liability years ago. Instead, he's
been writing nonsense like this as recently as today - "We can only
hope they are all killed this summer" He is proving something by
writing like that, but it's not what he thinks it is.

Oh to be a fly on the wall if he ever got a real interview. Might go
something like this:

Employer: What's all this stuff you've been writing?
Wieber: That's the old me.
E: It's from this morning.
W: Is it? Shrug. It's a character I play.
E: So you like to "play" and lie online.
W: I never lie.
E: Lose our number.

Got a Feelin'

May 8, 2018, 8:01:57 PM5/8/18
On Tue, 08 May 2018 08:12:23 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
LOL You can't even imagine any sort of normal life, loser.

How many years of unsuccessful job hunting so far?

Got a Feelin'

May 8, 2018, 8:11:39 PM5/8/18
On Tue, 08 May 2018 08:16:31 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 08 May 2018 07:45:08 -0700, Got a Feelin' <G...@mmap.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 08 May 2018 07:20:07 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Hence I knew right off the bat I wasnt going to
>>>get an offer. Shrug.
>>
>>ANYBODY could have predicted there won't be any offers, ever.
>>
>>>they lied about the wages.
>>
>>That should have given you hope you'd fit in.
>>
>>>I am..am open to moving to a Free State.
>>
>>Try Wakunda. Of course, you're "being open" makes it doubly
>>irrelevant.
>>
>>>Which is why so many companies are fleeing this state.
>>
>> I thought Trump fixed everything for you? LOL
>
>So whats on the menu for you today? Beans and rice? Or Rice and
>beans?
>
>I know they feed you really well in the Home.

<yawn>

Started with a half-day motorcycle ride with beautiful scenery and
weather. Imagine having a nice, street- legal fully-farkled modern
touring bike, instead of a junk yard ornament which only functions as
an idiotic conversation piece, eh Wieber? Then I did some tractor work
prepping for a landscaping improvement. Those are facts, not like the
BS you write.

>I noticed you went way out of your way to edit my posting in that zany
>way you have, to try to minimalize what I wrote.

No. I keep what I respond to. While scanning your imaginary job
interview story I was reminded of the one about the girlfriend dying
in your arms, etc. Remember when you used to have a vast ranch that
turned out to be a mobile home on a tiny rented lot? LOL You have zero
credibility, so EVERYONE'S default assumption is that the details in
your posts range from fantasy to outright BS.

John B.

May 8, 2018, 10:39:22 PM5/8/18
On Tue, 08 May 2018 17:01:55 -0700, Got a Feelin' <G...@mmap.net>
A lifetime.

Had he remained in he service he'd be retired now, instead of looking
for a job.

But note the rationalizing. No, he didn't get hire because he was an
old, old, man and wore the wrong sort of clothes. It was those East
Coast people that did him in.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Gunner Asch

May 9, 2018, 9:13:44 AM5/9/18
On Wed, 09 May 2018 09:39:17 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
???? I have a job now. Ive been self employed for over 22 yrs to
date. As I mentioned to both the interviewers and the other
applicants in discussion...if I didnt get that job, it was not the end
of the world..I had my small client base to keep me fed. Which was
better than the other 6 guys..they were looking for a primary job, not
an improvement on the one they already had.

Johnny..there are LOTS of "if(s)" in life. "If" Id stayed in the
service..."if" Id stayed a cop..."If" I had purchased the time clock
company, "If" I had made a deal with Steve Diamond and opened a pawn
shop....if if if if if.....it would all be different today.

Yes.....and? "If" Id have left the stop sign 5 seconds earlier..the
truck would have broad sided me. "If" Id not kept my head down for
another .5 seconds that round would have taken me in the face..."If"
Id ordered one more Tequila Sunrise and then gotten behind the wheel
of my truck and died in the crash....."if" Id not pondered too long
and had gone out to the parking lot with that delectible bit of lady
flesh and been killed by her ex...."If" Id not grabbed the Geronimo
Line and gotten off the working board on Cactus Drilling Rig #11 as
soon as I saw the drill pipe being pushed back out of the hole..., Id
have been crushed and flambe'ed a minute later when the blowout
caught fire....If If If If If.....

Ive been fired 2x from jobs in the 50 yrs Ive been working. And?
Once for simply fucking up when I was 15 and not showing up for work
at the A&W..the other was by a crazy lady..and she paid me for 6+
months..along with huge penalties to the state. "If" Id not been
moving in a certain direction and "if" I had been moving in another.
that blade would have stuck me in the neck and not stuck in my bullet
proof vest ....And?

Now Ill be the first to admit I quit some jobs I probably should have
kept, but I quit for another job that I thought..thought would be
better. Good luck, bad luck, poor decisions...shrug

"If" Id stayed and graduated from Michigan Tech, Id probably have a
PHd behind my name and be long retired and well off. "If" Id stayed in
the military..I could have been dead long ago..or retired at O6 rank.

Lots of "ifs" in the world.

Now I understand that you dont much like me. And frankly...I
really...really dont care. Seriously. Not.A.Fucking.Bit.

Truth.

And?

Deal with it John. I simply consider most anything you have to offer
as backround noise. A faint nearly unnoticable whine in the
windstream.

I probably could have made a deal with my buddy and taken over his
business. He hinted at it a few times. He would have liked to have
kept his hand in the work. But frankly...I didnt have 30+ yrs of field
machining behind me and despite him offering to be there to hold my
hand...I would have had to learn far too much, for far too little
return, for far too little time.

If If If If If.

Good luck, bad luck, poor decisions. Shrug.

I am in far better financial shape than a lot of people in the world.
Im not in as good a financial shape as a lot of people in the world.

And?

As for the good people at Trumpf...I dont hold their decision against
them. They made/choices that benefit them and their business plan.
Did I indicate that "they made a big mistake?? Hardly. It was smart
from their way of thinking. They are well regarded, and sell a great
series of products. I am NOT what they wanted. Do you eat everthing
anyone places before you? Do you buy everything you see? Or do you do
what you think is best for you?

You seem to be only able to read what you want in a document, that
fits your world view, fits your prejudice. I actually feel a bit sorry
for you..this is not the first time you have done this. Perhaps its
just your hate, or your advancing age/dementia/buffoonery..but this is
indeed..not the first time you have shot off your mouth and come out
looking like a full retard. But hey..thats one of YOUR choices..not
mine.

Now John..Ive got plenty of things to do today..so Ill end this with a
big (Grin) and a flip of the bird in your direction. I hope you have
a bunch of years ahead of you and a nice life. So be off about doing
the things you want to do, and Ill do the same as best as I can.

Maybe on the next trip around the cosmic wheel we might be buddies, or
I target and fire on the transport you are traveling in, and you
cough out your lungs between two dead planets that no one will ever
visit.

If...if...if...if

(Grin)

Gunner

Got a Feelin'

May 9, 2018, 10:50:00 AM5/9/18
On Wed, 09 May 2018 06:13:12 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 09 May 2018 09:39:17 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 08 May 2018 17:01:55 -0700, Got a Feelin' <G...@mmap.net>
>>wrote:

NO! You have a part time scrounger income that's so insufficient that
at 65 you have to rent a lot for your mobile, yet are behind on the
rent and can't afford $85 tax payments on the shithole.

> Ive been self employed for over 22 yrs to
>date.

Same rubbish any homeless person can claim.

>Johnny..there are LOTS of "if(s)" in life. "If" Id stayed in the
>service...

No evidence you were in the service, and your stories about that
aren't even slightly credible.

>"if" Id stayed a cop...

No evidence you were anything but an unpaid volunteer for a short
time, and your stories about that are wildly contradictory.

>"If" I had purchased the time clock
>company

No evidence you could ever afford to buy a decent vehicle, much less a
company.

> "If" I had made a deal with Steve Diamond and opened a pawn
>shop

See above.

>Yes.....and? "If" Id have left the stop sign 5 seconds earlier..the
>truck would have broad sided me.

Is this the girlfriend dying fable, or one of these this songs?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_car_crash_songs

> "If" Id not kept my head down for
>another .5 seconds that round would have taken me in the face..."If"
>Id ordered one more Tequila Sunrise and then gotten behind the wheel
>of my truck and died in the crash....."if" Id not pondered too long
>and had gone out to the parking lot with that delectible bit of lady
>flesh and been killed by her ex...."If" Id not grabbed the Geronimo
>Line and gotten off the working board on Cactus Drilling Rig #11 as
>soon as I saw the drill pipe being pushed back out of the hole..., Id
>have been crushed and flambe'ed a minute later when the blowout
>caught fire....If If If If If.....

Oh brother! This list of crazy excuses is hilarious!

>Ive been fired 2x from jobs in the 50 yrs Ive been working.
> And?

Your stories about always being employed don't match your results.

>Once for simply fucking up when I was 15 and not showing up for work
>at the A&W

Thought you'd throw in something plausible, eh? Too funny.

>..the other was by a crazy lady..and she paid me for 6+
>months..along with huge penalties to the state.

Oops, back to fantasy I see.

> "If" Id not been
>moving in a certain direction and "if" I had been moving in another.
>that blade would have stuck me in the neck and not stuck in my bullet
>proof vest ....And?

And if you hadn't agreed to keep your Moon landing a secret you could
have aced out Ollie for head of the NRA.

>Now Ill be the first to admit I quit some jobs I probably should have
>kept, but I quit for another job that I thought..thought would be
>better. Good luck, bad luck, poor decisions...shrug

A big problem with all of your stories is that there are far too many
of them. Occam's razor and common sense tell us you're exactly what
you appear - an untalented deadbeat pathological liar.

>"If" Id stayed and graduated from Michigan Tech, Id probably have a
>PHd behind my name and be long retired and well off.

Topping yourself again, eh? Good job, thank you.

> "If" Id stayed in
>the military..I could have been dead long ago..or retired at O6 rank.

You're repeating.

>Lots of "ifs" in the world.
>
>Now I understand that you dont much like me. And frankly...I
>really...really dont care. Seriously. Not.A.Fucking.Bit.
>
>Truth.
>
>And?
>
>Deal with it John. I simply consider most anything you have to offer
>as backround noise. A faint nearly unnoticable whine in the
>windstream.

"If" you hadn't spent so much of your life writing long responses to
"backround noise," you could have had a steady income as a Walmart
greeter.

>I probably could have made a deal with my buddy and taken over his
>business. He hinted at it a few times. He would have liked to have
>kept his hand in the work. But frankly...I didnt have 30+ yrs of field
>machining behind me and despite him offering to be there to hold my
>hand...I would have had to learn far too much, for far too little
>return, for far too little time.

Plus, it sounds like that would have cut into your Usenet time. Which
would have been good for you but bad for those of us who enjoy
watching a disturbed windbag get exactly what he deserves from life.

>If If If If If.
>
>Good luck, bad luck, poor decisions. Shrug.

Poor summary. A better one is crackpot with little ambition and zero
self control.

>I am in far better financial shape than a lot of people in the world.
>Im not in as good a financial shape as a lot of people in the world.

Name anyone who can't say both things. It's an absurdly meaningless
rationalization, your trademark.

>And?
>
>As for the good people at Trumpf...I dont hold their decision against
>them. They made/choices that benefit them and their business plan.
>Did I indicate that "they made a big mistake?? Hardly. It was smart
>from their way of thinking. They are well regarded, and sell a great
>series of products. I am NOT what they wanted.

Exactly. Which is why your story didn't make sense from any angle
except as yet another way for you to pretend you're only 99% nuts.

> Do you eat everthing
>anyone places before you? Do you buy everything you see? Or do you do
>what you think is best for you?
>
> You seem to be only able to read what you want in a document, that
>fits your world view, fits your prejudice.

A thought just came to mind... have you tried seeking employment as a
fortune cookie writer?

> I actually feel a bit sorry
>for you.

Edit - Make that lying fortune cookie writer.

>.this is not the first time you have done this. Perhaps its
>just your hate, or your advancing age/dementia/buffoonery..but this is
>indeed..not the first time you have shot off your mouth and come out
>looking like a full retard. But hey..thats one of YOUR choices..not
>mine.

Edit 2 - Make that delusional lying fortune cookie writer.

>Now John..Ive got plenty of things to do today.

It won't be anything productive. And probably even less worthwhile
than your latest time-wasting screed.

>.so Ill end this with a
>big (Grin) and a flip of the bird in your direction. I hope you have
>a bunch of years ahead of you and a nice life. So be off about doing
>the things you want to do, and Ill do the same as best as I can.
>
>Maybe on the next trip around the cosmic wheel we might be buddies, or
>I target and fire on the transport you are traveling in, and you
>cough out your lungs between two dead planets that no one will ever
>visit.
>
>If...if...if...if

It's time you made this your theme song.
https://genius.com/Harold-arlen-if-i-only-had-a-brain-lyrics

>(Grin)

Nope.

Nope.

pyotr filipivich

May 9, 2018, 11:26:04 AM5/9/18
Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com> on Wed, 09 May 2018 06:13:12 -0700

>Now Ill be the first to admit I quit some jobs I probably should have
>kept, but I quit for another job that I thought..thought would be
>better. Good luck, bad luck, poor decisions...shrug
>
>"If" Id stayed and graduated from Michigan Tech, Id probably have a
>PHd behind my name and be long retired and well off. "If" Id stayed in
>the military..I could have been dead long ago..or retired at O6 rank.
>
>Lots of "ifs" in the world.

As I say: If I knew then what I know now, I'd still have the same
problems, only at a higher cash flow.

"Sorry honey, but we're' $40 bucks short for the month. We'll have
to go to Vail instead of Cancun."

But Amazon Prime still delivers.
--
pyotr filipivich

Gunner Asch

May 9, 2018, 11:39:53 AM5/9/18
Well stated!

Jim Wilkins

May 9, 2018, 12:25:03 PM5/9/18
"pyotr filipivich" <ph...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
After the first different choice you'd be in unknown territory again.

pyotr filipivich

May 9, 2018, 6:00:42 PM5/9/18
"Jim Wilkins" <murat...@gmail.com> on Wed, 9 May 2018 12:25:15 -0400
Well, yeah, But I'd have the degree / job / experience.

John B.

May 9, 2018, 8:03:48 PM5/9/18
On Wed, 09 May 2018 06:13:12 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
No, not O6 rank. It takes a certain amount of smarts to be promoted
that high and you don't have it. The mere fact that you mention the
rank as a possible proves the poin6t. You just don't have it.

>Lots of "ifs" in the world.
>
>Now I understand that you dont much like me. And frankly...I
>really...really dont care. Seriously. Not.A.Fucking.Bit.

Quite the contrary. It's not a matter of liking or not liking. It is a
matter of being able to recognize a true failure. It might even be
correct to say, "The King of Failures".

Think of it, the single thing that Gunner excels at.... failing.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Clare Snyder

May 10, 2018, 12:09:34 AM5/10/18
On Wed, 09 May 2018 08:28:02 -0700, pyotr filipivich
<ph...@mindspring.com> wrote:

Hey, " If I kwew then what I know now,I wouldn't know what I know
now"

Gunner Asch

May 10, 2018, 3:49:53 AM5/10/18
On Thu, 10 May 2018 07:03:44 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>"If" Id stayed and graduated from Michigan Tech, Id probably have a
>>PHd behind my name and be long retired and well off. "If" Id stayed in
>>the military..I could have been dead long ago..or retired at O6 rank.
>>

>No, not O6 rank. It takes a certain amount of smarts to be promoted
>that high and you don't have it. The mere fact that you mention the
>rank as a possible proves the poin6t. You just don't have it.

Again Johnny..your opinion is noted (and snickered at).

>>Lots of "ifs" in the world.
>>
>>Now I understand that you dont much like me. And frankly...I
>>really...really dont care. Seriously. Not.A.Fucking.Bit.
>
>Quite the contrary. It's not a matter of liking or not liking. It is a
>matter of being able to recognize a true failure. It might even be
>correct to say, "The King of Failures".

(And again..more snickering.)

>Think of it, the single thing that Gunner excels at.... failing.

Of course I do. (much laughter)

So Johnny boy...rice and beans or beans and rice?

Laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh!!

Is this the very best you can do? Dayaaam boi...you really cant insult
worth a shit. You are an obvious...failure.

Laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Gunner Asch

May 10, 2018, 3:52:06 AM5/10/18
Which is why so many people with Liberal Arts degrees are asking "and
would you like fries with that?"

>pyotr filipivich
>"With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."

Gunner Asch

May 10, 2018, 3:54:24 AM5/10/18
On Thu, 10 May 2018 00:09:33 -0400, Clare Snyder <cl...@snyder.on.ca>
wrote:
True enough.

It takes a lot of emotional and physical scabs to learn enough to make
it.

Which is why so many millinials are still living at home with their
parents as they turn 40.

Jim Wilkins

May 10, 2018, 6:38:53 AM5/10/18
"Clare Snyder" <cl...@snyder.on.ca> wrote in message
I learned early to be the guy who holds the beer and acts impressed
while bigger egos show off and make the mistakes.
-jsw

John B.

May 10, 2018, 7:52:33 AM5/10/18
On Thu, 10 May 2018 00:49:14 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 10 May 2018 07:03:44 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>

>>>"If" Id stayed and graduated from Michigan Tech, Id probably have a
>>>PHd behind my name and be long retired and well off. "If" Id stayed in
>>>the military..I could have been dead long ago..or retired at O6 rank.
>>>

>>No, not O6 rank. It takes a certain amount of smarts to be promoted
>>that high and you don't have it. The mere fact that you mention the
>>rank as a possible proves the poin6t. You just don't have it.
>
>Again Johnny..your opinion is noted (and snickered at).
>>
>>>Lots of "ifs" in the world.
>>>
>>>Now I understand that you dont much like me. And frankly...I
>>>really...really dont care. Seriously. Not.A.Fucking.Bit.
>>
>>Quite the contrary. It's not a matter of liking or not liking. It is a
>>matter of being able to recognize a true failure. It might even be
>>correct to say, "The King of Failures".
>
>(And again..more snickering.)
>

>>Think of it, the single thing that Gunner excels at.... failing.
>
>Of course I do. (much laughter)
>
>So Johnny boy...rice and beans or beans and rice?
>
>Laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh!!

How so "rice and beans or beans and rice"? Don't you know that if you
eat beans you don't need rice or conversely, if you eat rice you don't
need the beans.

>Is this the very best you can do? Dayaaam boi...you really cant insult
>worth a shit. You are an obvious...failure.
>
>Laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
>
>Gunner

"Laugh laugh laugh". I guess that is about all you can do.

50 years you've been working you tell us and you live in a trailer and
can't afford to pay the (what was it) $85 a year in taxes for your
parking spot?

A success story you aren't.
--
Cheers,

John B.

In Crowd

May 10, 2018, 10:29:09 AM5/10/18
wrote:

>On Thu, 10 May 2018 07:03:44 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>

>>>"If" Id stayed and graduated from Michigan Tech, Id probably have a
>>>PHd behind my name and be long retired and well off. "If" Id stayed in
>>>the military..I could have been dead long ago..or retired at O6 rank.
>>>

>>No, not O6 rank. It takes a certain amount of smarts to be promoted
>>that high and you don't have it. The mere fact that you mention the
>>rank as a possible proves the poin6t. You just don't have it.
>
>Again Johnny..your opinion is noted (and snickered at).
>>
>>>Lots of "ifs" in the world.
>>>
>>>Now I understand that you dont much like me. And frankly...I
>>>really...really dont care. Seriously. Not.A.Fucking.Bit.
>>
>>Quite the contrary. It's not a matter of liking or not liking. It is a
>>matter of being able to recognize a true failure. It might even be
>>correct to say, "The King of Failures".
>
>(And again..more snickering.)
>

>>Think of it, the single thing that Gunner excels at.... failing.
>
>Of course I do. (much laughter)
>
>So Johnny boy...rice and beans or beans and rice?
>
>Laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh!!
>
>Is this the very best you can do?

Ask yourself the same question, and answer honestly. Facts: you're
limited to choosing between beans and rice because for your entire
life you've chosen smokes and Monster over home improvements, adding
to your junk pile over paying your bills, yapping over doing, etc.
Worse, you refuse to change, and now the very best you can do is type
out your phony laughter. Why are you sitting there pretending instead
of fixing up your shithole for example? Who is supposed to believe
you'd make a great employee when you prove day in and day out that you
prefer fantasy to self-discipline?

In Crowd

May 10, 2018, 10:41:10 AM5/10/18
On Thu, 10 May 2018 00:53:47 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:
First of all, dumbass, if someone is 40 then they're not a millennial.
But more importantly, lots of workers live at their parents's place
while they save up to buy a home. It's a time-honored and
well-regarded strategy.
http://time.com/money/4821728/heres-how-much-you-can-save-each-year-by-living-with-your-parents-in-the-15-biggest-u-s-cities/
https://www.moneyunder30.com/save-money-living-at-home

You're nearly 65. When are YOU going to start saving up to buy a place
of your own? Oh wait, you're imagining that having a negative
net-worth and living in a rotting mobile on rented land counts as home
ownership! LOL

Clare Snyder

May 10, 2018, 11:55:22 AM5/10/18
Sadly, many/most of the millenials living with their folks are NOT
saving much money towards their own place, as they "go out" a lot - _
_.
Instead of staying home with Ma and Pa they go out with their feirnds,
or go "cruising" Not at all out of the ordinary to spend $50 on a
night out.
Taxi or uber fare to get to the club, cover charge and or drinks to
get in, plus food - then taxi or Uber back home.
Do that a few nights a week and there is $7500 towards your own place
down the drain every year. That's more than half what it would cost
to rent your own place (My daughter rents the whole main floor of a
house for $675 a month plus utilities - in a good part of town)

It's also almost half the mortgage payment on a $250,000 mortgage
over 25 years at 5%.

My other (younger) daughter bought a townhouse condo for $149,000
about 8 years ago - in her twenties - after leaving home at 17.

3 and 4 years older than "millenials" - but if they could do it so
could millenials

I bought my own first house in my twenties - like many "boomers" -
after leaving home and living in a boarding house at 19 and working
for nothing as a volunteer for 2 years

pyotr filipivich

May 10, 2018, 12:58:18 PM5/10/18
Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com> on Thu, 10 May 2018 00:51:28 -0700
>Which is why so many people with Liberal Arts degrees are asking "and
>would you like fries with that?"

Harumph. Many of us with Liberal Art Degrees have real jobs which
use what we learned.

It is the ones with the Liberal _Studies_ Degrees (Tansnormative
gender studies, the role of lesbians in the development of free verse
poetry resistance to Fascist Patriarchy in occupied Flanders, etc) who
are having a tough time finding renumerative employment.

Please make a note of it.

In Crowd

May 10, 2018, 1:18:49 PM5/10/18
On Thu, 10 May 2018 11:55:19 -0400, Clare Snyder <cl...@snyder.on.ca>
That's not any reason for somebody like Wieber to imagine he can look
down on them. He has a negative net worth. Which means he's BELOW
anyone who has a positive net worth, which includes a shit ton of
folks who live with their parents, and every baby.

>Instead of staying home with Ma and Pa they go out with their feirnds,
>or go "cruising" Not at all out of the ordinary to spend $50 on a
>night out.

No doubt. They have time to wise up though, not like too-late Wieber
who gave up a long time ago.

>Taxi or uber fare to get to the club, cover charge and or drinks to
>get in, plus food - then taxi or Uber back home.
> Do that a few nights a week and there is $7500 towards your own place
>down the drain every year. That's more than half what it would cost
>to rent your own place

Yup. Money wasting has been going on for a long time. Nothing new
about millennials, except perhaps a higher percentage who may as well
give up on home ownership.

> (My daughter rents the whole main floor of a
>house for $675 a month plus utilities - in a good part of town)

That's a good deal. Increasingly uncommon though. A few years ago when
property shopping we paid about $1000 a month for a small but decent
rural cabin.

> It's also almost half the mortgage payment on a $250,000 mortgage
>over 25 years at 5%.

> My other (younger) daughter bought a townhouse condo for $149,000
>about 8 years ago - in her twenties - after leaving home at 17.

>3 and 4 years older than "millenials" - but if they could do it so
>could millenials

You're in a very affordable area. A young friend was bemoaning the
fact that a shitty condo in need of sweat equity in his area is a half
million, even considering that he'd have to commute some distance to
his job. And the monthly fees kill after that. Home ownership is
pretty tough for most young folks. He thinks it's worth it, but I
can't say he's right. High prices in his market could quite well go
down far enough to make him wish he'd kept renting.

> I bought my own first house in my twenties - like many "boomers" -
>after leaving home

Similar story for me. Wieber could have done the same. But he's always
been too busy talking fantasy death squads etc to earn a decent
living, and has been powerless to quit his vices. A renter who's
pissed away the price of a house on cigarettes is hardly qualified to
mock millennials.

>and living in a boarding house at 19 and working
>for nothing as a volunteer for 2 years

Not sure how that worked for you, but post the math for how you think
it could work for someone today. By and large, it just doesn't. Best
advice for any young person hoping to buy a home is to stay with their
parents as long as they can stand it while saving, and ignore anyone
who tells them there's any shame in it.

Gunner Asch

May 10, 2018, 2:07:29 PM5/10/18
On Thu, 10 May 2018 00:51:28 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>>After the first different choice you'd be in unknown territory again.
>>
>> Well, yeah, But I'd have the degree / job / experience.
>>>
>>--
>Which is why so many people with Liberal Arts degrees are asking "and
>would you like fries with that?"

http://mikerowe.com/

http://profoundlydisconnected.com/

Gunner Asch

May 10, 2018, 2:48:43 PM5/10/18
On Thu, 10 May 2018 18:52:28 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>How so "rice and beans or beans and rice"? Don't you know that if you
>eat beans you don't need rice or conversely, if you eat rice you don't
>need the beans.

Actually, you poor idiot..you need both together. Neither alone will
keep you alive in good enough shape to do much of anything. Together,
the amino acids and whatnot boost the nutrient and carbohydrates they
contain and you can live off of them. Not a great meal day after day
after day..but they will keep your engine running. Im making a note
to warn your family that you are unable to feed them in an emergency.

https://greatist.com/health/complete-vegetarian-proteins

5. Rice and Beans

Protein: 7 grams per 1 cup serving

One of the simplest, cheapest, and vegan-est meals in existence is
also one of the best sources of protein around. Most beans are low in
methionine and high in lysine, while rice is low in lysine and high in
methionine. Put ç²—m together, and whaddaya got? Protein content on par
with that of meat. Subbing lentils or chickpeas for beans produces the
same effect. These meals are a great way to load up on protein and
carbohydrates after an intense workout.

>>Is this the very best you can do? Dayaaam boi...you really cant insult
>>worth a shit. You are an obvious...failure.
>>
>>Laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
>>
>>Gunner
>
>"Laugh laugh laugh". I guess that is about all you can do.

"Guessing" is about all you CAN do.

>50 years you've been working you tell us and you live in a trailer and
>can't afford to pay the (what was it) $85 a year in taxes for your
>parking spot?

Parking spot? Trailer? This place?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/IvsAhUPcbniLaQpL2

https://goo.gl/photos/u2zdG8Yy5z1mSQpW9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/B6A6iRD7fOt7lG6Q2

>A success story you aren't.

Sure beats living in a sad little condo and bareing ones teeth on
Usenet, too old, too fucked up and too stupid to get out and do
stuff...like this

https://goo.gl/photos/ysGEp3miwn4YJNng9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3RAsOMLLVWPQMFYE3

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jDg385Y5lcT1X5wT2

Had another phone interview this morning about an hour ago. Time will
tell if any of them will bear fruit.

So tell me Johnny boi..if I get on with another company as a field
service tech, will you slit your wrists or simply swallow Draino?

Hummm?

>--
>Cheers,
>
>John B.

Oh..btw..just so you know...the odometer on Moby Dick, the great white
van...rolled over to 18,000 miles yesterday on my way to Ace Hardware.

Wasnt it you that claimed it was a yard orniment..made a big deal
about it then shut up quickly when I mentioned I was driving it?

You really are pitiful..in a bedraggled tiny street dog sort of way.
With a little luck..you will never feel the car that runs you
down....hummm...Ill take that back. With a little luck..that car will
shatter your spine and pelvis..and you will die in the weeds over the
course of a couple weeks..unloved, alone, in agony.

Shrug.

Gunner Asch

May 10, 2018, 4:12:11 PM5/10/18
On Thu, 10 May 2018 07:29:07 -0700, In Crowd <I...@map.net> wrote:

>>Is this the very best you can do?
>
>Ask yourself the same question, and answer honestly. Facts: you're
>limited to choosing between beans and rice because for your entire
>life you've chosen smokes and Monster over home improvements, adding
>to your junk pile over paying your bills, yapping over doing, etc.
>Worse, you refuse to change, and now the very best you can do is type
>out your phony laughter. Why are you sitting there pretending instead
>of fixing up your shithole for example? Who is supposed to believe
>you'd make a great employee when you prove day in and day out that you
>prefer fantasy to self-discipline?

Odd..I have a new double door fridge sitting in the kitchen as of
Friday (glad I wasnt home to bring that big bastard in...brrrr).

Frankly old boi...your life and my life are vastly different and has
been since we both got out of highschool. Trying to judge me by your
world view..is buffoonery writ large.

Again...I simply dont care how your life has gone so far. Its none of
my concern. The only interest in you that I might have..is responding
to your bile, and when I get up and walk away from the computer..you
vanish from my world. Do you honestly think I give a single mouse turd
about what you have to say, what you think about me, your commentary?
Its amusing at best..on a slow day.

Im doing my life the best that I can, with good choices and bad
choices.

. Im sure you did your life the best that you can.

We are vastly different people, in far different areas of America and
have chosen far different career paths...yet you believe that yours is
superior to mine. Frankly old cumspot..I believe mine has been
superior to yours in many ways. Though I never mention that I believe
you to be incapable of pouring fresh piss out of your boot, even with
instructions on the heel. What would be the point? You are you, I am
me..and so the world continues to spin.

Tell me why you continue to write such dreck? No one here gives a
shit what you think about me. Is your life so boring that you have to
have some outlet to spend some of the hate and bile you accumulate
each day? Frankly..Ive been too damned busy to have any such need.
When I got home Sunday..I had a couple thousand Usenet posts on my
puter. I deleted them all, unread. Started new again. Why? BECAUSE I
DONT CARE what was written while I was gone at work. You could have
pronounced yourself Queen of the May and Most Grand Emperor of the
East. I read a couple..realized that it was all trivia..and deleted it
all. Including yours..assuming you actually wrote something. Didnt
bother checking.

Its been good to be home. I caught up on my sleep, caught up on my
eating, caught up on loving on the dogs and cats, caught up on banging
the wife...shrug...what more could one ask for? The swamp cooler went
out a week ago while I was gone. So I had to wire wheel it free of
rust, then coated all the water holding parts with epoxy fiberglass
resin, filling in the rusted out places with glass cloth, stuck in a
new 3/4hp motor, new pump, cleaned up the pads, chased down some bad
wiring (rather odd location..broken inside the jacket), thought I had
gotten a defective motor..then realized the adjustable drive pulley
was set too large and was tripping the motor after a few minutes of
run time. So I reduced the size of the pulley, and it ran all night
long. Nice to be cool for a change. The dogs loved it as well. When
I woke up this morning at 10:30 (worked until 4 am around the
homestead)..the dogs not sleeping with me..were clustered in a huge
puppy pile in front of the cooler, sound asleep and happy.

Im still weeding through the tools, tooling and misc materials I
scored when I shut down Quality Machining over the course of the last
month. I also wound up with a Honda 350 single and a Yamaha 125 dirt
bike, and boxes of parts, manuals, spare fenders, tires etc etc. Not
to mention the 150+ various new 6x48 sanding belts, the couple hundred
cutoff wheels, the Milwaukee portable bandsaw (6225) , the Rigid 800
pipe threader with dies from 1/8" pipe through 2" (no 3/4"
though..damit..gotta buy one...its my most used size), the portable
electric hydraulic unit for my rams, the Milwaukee mag based drill
press (4203) and (2!!) heads and all the chuck adapters for broaches
(and a big box of broaches) and drill chucks. Oh..and Halliburton
suitcases ..at least 3 of them. Nice vintage feel to them and match my
current Halliburton briefcase. Plus a fridge full of welding rod. At
least 800 lbs of Nickle 99, aluminum rod, stainless rod etc etc. It
broke my heart to toss at least 400 lbs of tig sticks..I managed to
tuck away about 60lbs of the most useful stuff. A lifetime supply
when added to what I already own..probably my grandsons life time as
well. (Grin) 90S-1 and 80 series stainless rod, along with at least
100 lbs of hardfacing mig wire. Now I can redo the top of my big anvil
the right way.

Tags were paid yesterday for the registration on Moby Dick, the Great
White Van (Ouch! $193!!) and when I leave early tommorow morning, Ill
be taking a kit I made up to fix/bypass the short in the fuel
electrical delivery system in the F-150, along with (6) 5 gallon jeep
cans to empty the tanks into..9 yr old California fuel...brrrr....

The welding rod fridge and the Aciera V22 that Id stored and later
used extensively in Jim's shop is still on the trailer and will be for
at least another week.
https://res.cloudinary.com/bidlogix/image/upload/q_70,c_fill/v1494516599/bdx/40_zxyftq.jpg

No time to get em off and I have to do a LOT of moving around to get
that mill drill into my shop. Same with the BIG industrial swamp
cooler. I do have to get all the flat plate, rod, cuts and bits and
pieces of 4140, aluminum diamond plate, etc etc etc out of the trailer
though before I leave. The homeless will have all the aluminum picked
clean before I get back next week..the bastards.

I came home, over the mountain...really heavy. I figure that I loaded
out about 3500 lbs or more of stuff in the trailer and in every empty
spot in the van. I still have a shit load of 3/4"-1" sockets, impact
air tools to fit, (Proto), ratchets and bars (Proto) and a couple
pallets of other stuff, with the sockets going up to 6", all stored at
a clients shop, that Ill be taking the Wells Cargo trailer down and
drive) sockets together at interesting angles and making a mailbox
post out of them. Ive got at least 6 feet of them if laid out side by
side. Might use the 4' tap handle on there somewhere...art. Shrug.

Just a few of them...those are 10" grinding wheels on the tool case
above them to show scale

https://photos.app.goo.gl/y9cXJAMg3FEAXjpP2

Anybody interested in a 1983 Porsche 944..I have one taking up space
in my front yard. I suspect the engine is frozen. Ive Kroiled all 4
cylinders repeatedly..and the engine still wont turn with a big
breaker bar. After I hit Send on this post..Ill be going out and
taking photos and putting it on Craigslist. $2000 OBO..and will likely
sell it for a grand. I have absolutely NO need for it..Im 6' 3" and
simply putting it on is a pain in the ass. Once Im buttoned up inside
its not bad..but simply getting into it is like putting on a pair of
jeans straight from the dryer. I got it as a gift for my live in
mechanic..but he died a month or so ago. Sigh.

Btw...I have a nice adjustable boring head...with a 5C shank....blink
blink....if anyone needs one. What it was used for..beats the hell
out of me. Maybe the little Hardinge mill..but its pretty good sized
and will bore at least a 4" hole..maybe 5". Never saw a head with a 5C
shank before. Which is why I put it in my gear..not the dumpster.
Anyone need it?

Say Johnny Boi..maybe you can use that Porsche? Id even mount the 5C
boring head in the middle of the front drivers seat for you...so you
can open up and vent your bile better.

Or do your keepers not allow you to drive?

Gunner Asch

May 10, 2018, 4:13:32 PM5/10/18
On Thu, 10 May 2018 10:00:14 -0700, pyotr filipivich
Ah! Indeed! Noted and corrected! Thank you for advising of the
differences.

Gunner

>--
>pyotr filipivich
>"With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."

Gunner Asch

May 10, 2018, 4:16:54 PM5/10/18
On Thu, 10 May 2018 10:18:44 -0700, In Crowd <I...@map.net> wrote:

>Not sure how that worked for you, but post the math for how you think
>it could work for someone today. By and large, it just doesn't. Best
>advice for any young person hoping to buy a home is to stay with their
>parents as long as they can stand it while saving, and ignore anyone
>who tells them there's any shame in it.

Which tells us that this pissant still lives with his parents.
Snicker.....

John B.

May 10, 2018, 6:26:44 PM5/10/18
On Thu, 10 May 2018 13:11:31 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 10 May 2018 07:29:07 -0700, In Crowd <I...@map.net> wrote:
>

>>>Is this the very best you can do?
>>
>>Ask yourself the same question, and answer honestly. Facts: you're
>>limited to choosing between beans and rice because for your entire
>>life you've chosen smokes and Monster over home improvements, adding
>>to your junk pile over paying your bills, yapping over doing, etc.
>>Worse, you refuse to change, and now the very best you can do is type
>>out your phony laughter. Why are you sitting there pretending instead
>>of fixing up your shithole for example? Who is supposed to believe
>>you'd make a great employee when you prove day in and day out that you
>>prefer fantasy to self-discipline?
>
>Odd..I have a new double door fridge sitting in the kitchen as of
>Friday (glad I wasnt home to bring that big bastard in...brrrr).
>
>Frankly old boi...your life and my life are vastly different and has
>been since we both got out of highschool. Trying to judge me by your
>world view..is buffoonery writ large.

It is not "My world view" it simply a world view. A bloke who claims
to have had a number of jobs, all of which he left and as a result is
now residing in a used trailer on a plot of land that he can't afford
to pay $5 a year in rent or taxes Is not considered as a raving
success.
Yup, and some people that use "Swamp Coolers" do a routine annual
checkup and repairs and don't have problems like yours.
--
Cheers,

John B.

pyotr filipivich

May 10, 2018, 6:59:01 PM5/10/18
Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com> on Thu, 10 May 2018 13:11:31 -0700
> the Rigid 800
>pipe threader with dies from 1/8" pipe through 2" (no 3/4"
>though..damit..gotta buy one...its my most used size),

Well of course. If it wasn't so popular, it wouldn't have been
wore out, or 'lost'. :-)

Clare Snyder

May 10, 2018, 8:50:05 PM5/10/18
Actually not that affordable any more.
The house I bought 36 years ago this week for $67000 is worth about
$500000 today. Daughter's townhouse is worth about $250,000 minimum.
Can't by a detTCHED HOME FOR UNDER $300,000
>> I bought my own first house in my twenties - like many "boomers" -
>>after leaving home
>
>Similar story for me. Wieber could have done the same. But he's always
>been too busy talking fantasy death squads etc to earn a decent
>living, and has been powerless to quit his vices. A renter who's
>pissed away the price of a house on cigarettes is hardly qualified to
>mock millennials.
>
>>and living in a boarding house at 19 and working
>>for nothing as a volunteer for 2 years
>
>Not sure how that worked for you, but post the math for how you think
>it could work for someone today. By and large, it just doesn't. Best
>advice for any young person hoping to buy a home is to stay with their
>parents as long as they can stand it while saving, and ignore anyone
>who tells them there's any shame in it.

Minimum wage today is over $13/hour.
Average income today is over 51,000.
When I came back from Africa I made less than $10,000 a year (1975)
My first house cost me 3.5 years income.
By the time I bought my second (current) house it was over 4 years
income.
At $300,000 that would be a $75000 income. - which for a COUPLE today
is WELL below average.

One big difference is when I bought my house I didn't have high
priced cell phones and tablets, and 500 channel cable TV, and big flat
screen TVs.

Today's kids spend a LOT more - not only in real dollars, but also in
percentage of income, than we boomers EVER did. Not just on toys, but
entertainment and travel

In Crowd

May 10, 2018, 8:54:55 PM5/10/18
On Thu, 10 May 2018 13:16:15 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 10 May 2018 10:18:44 -0700, In Crowd <I...@map.net> wrote:
>

>>Not sure how that worked for you, but post the math for how you think
>>it could work for someone today. By and large, it just doesn't. Best
>>advice for any young person hoping to buy a home is to stay with their
>>parents as long as they can stand it while saving, and ignore anyone
>>who tells them there's any shame in it.
>

>Which tells us that this pissant still lives with his parents.
>Snicker.....

If I did, I'd still be a lot better off than you. For starters, if I
died I wouldn't be leaving a wife with a mountain of debt and unpaid
rent on a rotting mobile home. That's a hell of thing for you to do to
someone who's already suffered for decades because she chose an
unrepentant loser.

But as usual, you're contradicting yourself. After insisting so many
times that I live in a mental health facility, now you're pretending I
live with my parents. Fact is, one of them is long dead, and the other
lives about 2500 miles away. Of course, that's only a day's ride on
one of your fantasy motorcycles. <chuckle> I live in reality though.
Real bike, real ride. Five days to mom's place last visit. Two more to
the ocean beyond. And that's a trip I made five years *after* you
assured everyone I'd be hanging from a lamppost. So first I was dead,
then living in a nut house, then living with my parents. LOL Will you
say I photoshopped the pics of my bike on both coasts more than five
years ago? No, you'll come up with something even more stupid, as
always.

Gunner Asch

May 10, 2018, 9:20:48 PM5/10/18
On Fri, 11 May 2018 05:26:39 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 10 May 2018 13:11:31 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:

>>>Ask yourself the same question, and answer honestly. Facts: you're
>>>limited to choosing between beans and rice because for your entire
>>>life you've chosen smokes and Monster over home improvements, adding
>>>to your junk pile over paying your bills, yapping over doing, etc.
>>>Worse, you refuse to change, and now the very best you can do is type
>>>out your phony laughter. Why are you sitting there pretending instead
>>>of fixing up your shithole for example? Who is supposed to believe
>>>you'd make a great employee when you prove day in and day out that you
>>>prefer fantasy to self-discipline?
>>
>>Odd..I have a new double door fridge sitting in the kitchen as of
>>Friday (glad I wasnt home to bring that big bastard in...brrrr).
>>
>>Frankly old boi...your life and my life are vastly different and has
>>been since we both got out of highschool. Trying to judge me by your
>>world view..is buffoonery writ large.
>
>It is not "My world view" it simply a world view. A bloke who claims
>to have had a number of jobs, all of which he left and as a result is
>now residing in a used trailer on a plot of land that he can't afford
>to pay $5 a year in rent or taxes Is not considered as a raving
>success.

So you have no shame driving a used car and living in a used home
yourself..so why should I? $5 a year in taxes? ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Son..I pay that 3x that much in taxes every time I fill my gas tanks.

"California motorists are paying 76.7 cents per gallon in state and
federal taxes every time they go to the gas station."

If I put 35 gallons of fuel in Moby...well spurt..you figure it out.

Yesterday you mentioned that I pay $80 a year in property taxes..now
you are claiming its only $5? You poor sap...you havent a clue what I
pay, do you....

You truely are a witless twit. No question about it. Im absolutely
sure no sane medical caretaker would ethically allow you to cross the
street without strict adult superstition. And there is more taxpayer
dollars at work.
Sonny boi, I caught all that stuff during my annual check last month,
and planned in advance, on doing what was necessary to get it
running. What...I turned it on and said "Oh goodness! My cooler isnt
running!" ? Snicker...I had all the new shit at hand when it quit.
You seem to forget I was gone for 3+ weeks. It should have been
serviced almost 3 weeks ago when the hot weather started (a bit
early). But I wasnt here. You do know that we only run it about 6-7
months of each year..right? The rest of the time it sits there,
drained and disconnected. We had rain and moisture in fair amounts
over the winter, so the motor froze up. Shit happens sometimes. I can
normally get 3-4 yrs out of a cooler motor. This time, I got 2 yrs.
When the cooler quit..it was 4 days after the old lady decided to turn
it on. Temps t have been in the low 80s..but with her medical
issues...feels temps more than most people. You dont think she should
have/could have been out there swapping out the motor, fiberglassing
the inside of the bottom of the cooler and all that...right? Got your
haggy bitch/faggoty gay partner out doing that sort of work do you?
Hummm??? Snicker. Crom knows you arent smart enough to do it
yourself and would have to have help. One assumes you hire a couple
teenagers to do that sort of work for you. Right?
What...no drooling commentary on anything other than the broken and
now running well cooler? Thats a big surprise. No claims that Im
lying, and then denying that I cant take photos and hurl them into
your face as you rage and blurt out spittle as you shriek?

Laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh!!

So Johnny... you havent admitted to being allowed to drive as yet.
Thats rather indicative of a few of your...issues.

Now you want to continue this..or do you want to exercise a bit of
common sense (that you seem to be so sadly lacking) and simply go
about your day, and not include me in your hate drain?

Either way..Im up for it.

Why not simply put me in your personal Bozo Bin and that way you wont
have to read what I post? Oh..I get it..you need me as a target to
get rid of the hate you get each and every day from simply being
alive. You could..could do the smart thing and swallow a gun or a
quart of drain cleaner. That way your next of kin might get some bucks
and you wouldnt have to deal with that evil cruel world out there
that treats you so badly..you poor widdle helpless turd.

Gunner, just waking up from a nap, cold and groggy. Time to turn off
the cooler.

Gunner Asch

May 10, 2018, 9:36:50 PM5/10/18
Jim had (3) "complete" sets and told me to grab one and stick it in my
truck...which I did. Shrug No idea if any of the other 2 had more
missing, less missing or were complete. I think I did pretty damned
good though. Ive already used it to thread about 25 joints of 1/2" and
4 joints of 1". The portaband was used to cut out those joints from
20' lengths during some night jobs I had to handle during the past 6
weeks...mostly at Tru Blue Machining. Chuckle...talk about contrasts.
I was taking one shop down to the bare floor..and building another and
making it usable and efficient at the same time. About 30 miles
apart..45 minutes each way. Brea to Chino and back again.

I figure when its all said and done..I scored about $8k in goods, some
of which will be sold on Ebay, with the profit being used to do
repairs/upgrades and keep my own business gear running as best as
possible. I tipped the boxes of sealed bearings over accidently
earlier today..and pulled out 3 sets of 5210ZZ bearings that I have to
buy for $109 the pair..so Im already $300+ ahead.

Gunner Asch

May 10, 2018, 10:41:45 PM5/10/18
On Thu, 10 May 2018 18:36:12 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Oh..Ive already given a bunch of stuff away, long before I ever got it
home. Gave a decent set of 3/4" drive sockets and braker bars and
ratchets to the Acme Gridly mechanic at one shop, a crappy but useable
set of magnetic v blocks to a new startup shop, air hoses, extension
cords, pipe wrenches (how many aluminum 36" Rigid pipe wrenches can I
use)...the usual missmash that gets me brownie points and less to haul
home and figure out where to store.

Gunner Asch

May 10, 2018, 10:47:32 PM5/10/18
On Thu, 10 May 2018 17:54:52 -0700, In Crowd <I...@map.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 10 May 2018 13:16:15 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 10 May 2018 10:18:44 -0700, In Crowd <I...@map.net> wrote:
>>

>>>Not sure how that worked for you, but post the math for how you think
>>>it could work for someone today. By and large, it just doesn't. Best
>>>advice for any young person hoping to buy a home is to stay with their
>>>parents as long as they can stand it while saving, and ignore anyone
>>>who tells them there's any shame in it.
>>

>>Which tells us that this pissant still lives with his parents.
>>Snicker.....
>
>If I did, I'd still be a lot better off than you. For starters, if I
>died I wouldn't be leaving a wife with a mountain of debt and unpaid
>rent on a rotting mobile home. That's a hell of thing for you to do to
>someone who's already suffered for decades because she chose an
>unrepentant loser.
>
>But as usual, you're contradicting yourself. After insisting so many
>times that I live in a mental health facility,

So you are admitting that you are the nym changer?

I didnt bother looking at your header information...shrug

I think its way past time to deal with you.

Ill be seeing you soon.

<plink>

In Crowd

May 11, 2018, 10:52:47 AM5/11/18
wrote:

>On Thu, 10 May 2018 07:29:07 -0700, In Crowd <I...@map.net> wrote:
>

>>>Is this the very best you can do?
>>
>>Ask yourself the same question, and answer honestly. Facts: you're
>>limited to choosing between beans and rice because for your entire
>>life you've chosen smokes and Monster over home improvements, adding
>>to your junk pile over paying your bills, yapping over doing, etc.
>>Worse, you refuse to change, and now the very best you can do is type
>>out your phony laughter. Why are you sitting there pretending instead
>>of fixing up your shithole for example? Who is supposed to believe
>>you'd make a great employee when you prove day in and day out that you
>>prefer fantasy to self-discipline?
>
>Odd..I have a new double door fridge sitting in the kitchen as of
>Friday (glad I wasnt home to bring that big bastard in...brrrr).

Whoo boy, you bought a "double" fridge! LOL What an accomplishment!
Did you put some extra plywood under it so the casters wouldn't bust
through the rotting floor?

>Frankly old boi...your life and my life are vastly different and has
>been since we both got out of highschool. Trying to judge me by your
>world view..is buffoonery writ large.

No. I judge you by the standards of common sense. For example, it
makes no sense to keep writing long screeds about doing, instead of
actually doing. Think of all the time you wasted yapping about the
junker motorhome that you insisted you'd have finished by now. But
instead of working on keeping your word, here you are typing away
again. Next you'll type up yet more excuses.

>Again...I simply dont care how your life has gone so far. Its none of
>my concern.

Then why spend so much time claiming that you hope I and millions and
others are culled? Is that you idea of not being "concerned?" In fact,
it's the ultimate level of concern you lunatic!

>Im doing my life the best that I can,

No, you are not, and never have. BSing on Usenet is stupid. It helped
guarantee you'd fail and keep failing.

Now, carry on doing the wrong thing endlessly, as if anyone could stop
you. The rest of us will judge your progress by clicking here
occasionally.
http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/Payment/ATNDetails.aspx?NUMBER=03930320008&NUM_TYPE=AT&YR=C
I'm pretty confident the only progress will be continue to be
downward, as it has for decades.

In Crowd

May 11, 2018, 11:00:45 AM5/11/18
On Thu, 10 May 2018 18:20:09 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Yesterday you mentioned that I pay $80 a year in property taxes..now
>you are claiming its only $5? You poor sap...you havent a clue what I
>pay, do you....

Everybody knows that you don't pay any property taxes, even though
they are only $85 twice a year. In fact, after decades of non-payment,
you owe $22,918.53 in unpaid property taxes alone, on a worthless
rotting mobile home.
http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/Payment/ATNDetails.aspx?NUMBER=03930320008&NUM_TYPE=AT&YR=C

You could have paid those taxes out of your cigarette budget, but you
chose to add $23 grand to your "retirement" <chuckle> debt. Classic
rightard economics. But that failure wasn't enough for the King of
Failure! He had to waste a huge chuck of his life criticizing others,
thereby multiplying his own failures, and making sure they were
public. I can't think of any ways you could make it worse, but I'm
confident you'll find many and execute <chuckle> them with gusto.

In Crowd

May 11, 2018, 11:02:28 AM5/11/18
On Thu, 10 May 2018 19:46:55 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Ill be seeing you soon.

What, again? LOL

pyotr filipivich

May 11, 2018, 11:49:14 AM5/11/18
Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com> on Thu, 10 May 2018 18:36:12 -0700
See?

My problem right now is that I'm pretty sure I have "one" - but I
just do not know where it got shoved. So I'll eventually have
duplicates.

Snerk, friends were clearing out the late great "Bear's" place -
kept finding "yet another set" because he'd bought replacements when
he couldn't find them.

pyotr filipivich

May 11, 2018, 11:49:14 AM5/11/18
Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com> on Thu, 10 May 2018 19:41:07 -0700
"From my junk to your store." Been there a couple times.

Went into Hardwicks for some specialty tools. The one I wanted
(burnisher for scraper blades), they were out. But - and he takes me
over to the router bit cabinet - "You really want tungsten carbide,
and this will do" - a 1/4 bur bit about 2" over all length. "Used" so
only $3.95.

Gunner Asch

May 11, 2018, 12:31:21 PM5/11/18
On Fri, 11 May 2018 08:51:13 -0700, pyotr filipivich
Ive spent considerable time and effort over the years in getting
enough storage cabinets and bins etc etc to hold a lot of stuff in
some...some...some semblance of order.

Ive added a few more of these cabinets since 2012..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Iu42R2EwrfOXbT2S2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RYxnFqByKk5UcsUG2

https://goo.gl/photos/u2zdG8Yy5z1mSQpW9

I think I now have about 10 or so of those punch card cabinets. One
drawer is filled with pipe connectors 1/8-3/8, another 1/2-3/4,
another 3 are filled with welding torch parts...etc etc etc. Buy the
cabinets for $25...nice and handy. Though..Ive got a bunch of big!
bearings that wont fit in those drawers...hope they sell quickly on
Ebay because Ive got no good place to store them except the bigger
bulk cabinets..and I hate mixing stuff. One of the bins is filled
with crimp on wire connectors of every size and style, another is
filled with old style obsolete lathe tooling..anybody need 1" shank
insert style lathe tooling?
Another holds my wire brushs...cup and wheels..etc etc...annother
cabinet has belt sander belts...got way the hell too many of them..a
life time plus supply of 2x72s and 1x30s and 6x48s.... sand
paper..emery cloth....etc etc etc....yesterday I found a milk carton
filled with motorcycle liquids...fork oils etc etc..that I simply dont
remember getting..or where...

I missed out on a really nice, tough set of open front cabinets used
to hold nuts and bolts by size. When I realized it was missing..I
found it in the roll off "dumpster" buried under a load of steel
cutoffs..smashed to hell. Damnit.

I hauled everything out there over the last couple days..but its gonna
be another couple weeks before its all sorted out...and Ive got to
figure out what to do with the BIG sockets and tooling....mailbox post
sounds better and better.....

Larry Jaques

May 11, 2018, 1:14:20 PM5/11/18
wrote:

>On Wed, 09 May 2018 15:02:41 -0700, pyotr filipivich
><ph...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>>"Jim Wilkins" <murat...@gmail.com> on Wed, 9 May 2018 12:25:15 -0400
>>typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
>>>"pyotr filipivich" <ph...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

>>>After the first different choice you'd be in unknown territory again.
>>
>> Well, yeah, But I'd have the degree / job / experience.
>>>
>>--
>Which is why so many people with Liberal Arts degrees are asking "and
>would you like fries with that?"

Ayup. Last I heard, a full 80% of people with degrees are working in
fields -other- than their degree.

--
If we can ever make red tape nutritional, we can feed the world.
--Robert Schaeberle

Jim Wilkins

May 11, 2018, 5:32:35 PM5/11/18
"Larry Jaques" <lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 May 2018 00:51:28 -0700, Gunner Asch
> <gunne...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 09 May 2018 15:02:41 -0700, pyotr filipivich
>><ph...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"Jim Wilkins" <murat...@gmail.com> on Wed, 9 May 2018
>>>12:25:15 -0400
>>>typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

>>Which is why so many people with Liberal Arts degrees are asking
>>"and
>>would you like fries with that?"
>
> Ayup. Last I heard, a full 80% of people with degrees are working in
> fields -other- than their degree.

Count me in, my degree is Chemistry and my career was Electronics,
working with several other ex-chemists and an astronomer. I had
learned the basics such as V = L di/dt in college and picked up
rapidly evolving integrated electronics on the fly like eveyone else.
-jsw

In Crowd

May 11, 2018, 7:17:32 PM5/11/18
On Thu, 10 May 2018 20:50:02 -0400, Clare Snyder <cl...@snyder.on.ca>
wrote:

> One big difference is when I bought my house I didn't have high
>priced cell phones and tablets, and 500 channel cable TV, and big flat
>screen TVs.
>
> Today's kids spend a LOT more - not only in real dollars, but also in
>percentage of income, than we boomers EVER did. Not just on toys, but
>entertainment and travel

I prefer facts to anecdotes. Here are some facts for your area.
http://business.financialpost.com/personal-finance/mortgages-real-estate/now-and-then-do-canadian-homes-really-cost-that-much-more-than-30-years-ago

That says that buying a home is twice as hard as it used to be, but is
ameliorated by lower interest rates and lower down payments. So the
new normal is more debt, less equity, and more chance of getting
underwater. That's as good a spin as one can put on it, but more
recently requirements have been tightened for those low down payments,
and rates are rising. "The harsh reality is that the new rules will
reduce homebuyers' purchasing power substantially."
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/ypnexthome/heres-how-much-house-you-can-afford-under-canadas-new-mortgage-rules_a_23324957/

All that's based on current wages, but there's continued downward
pressure on those.
https://www.brookings.edu/research/thirteen-facts-about-wage-growth/

I had to laugh at some of the affordability numbers, which included
monthly property tax bills as much as triple Wieber's annual bill...
that he doesn't pay.

Gerry

May 11, 2018, 9:29:24 PM5/11/18
From a WW II RCOC poem - Sure wish I could find all 483 verses!

My Grandpappy, he once kept pigs
he had eighteen or twenty
they lived in dry and well kept digs
and good food they had plenty

If I'd known then what I know now
and been a little snappier
I'd have stayed at home with Grandpa's pigs
and been a damn site happier.

pyotr filipivich

May 11, 2018, 11:27:49 PM5/11/18
Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com> on Fri, 11 May 2018 09:30:44 -0700

>>>I figure when its all said and done..I scored about $8k in goods, some
>>>of which will be sold on Ebay, with the profit being used to do
>>>repairs/upgrades and keep my own business gear running as best as
>>>possible. I tipped the boxes of sealed bearings over accidently
>>>earlier today..and pulled out 3 sets of 5210ZZ bearings that I have to
>>>buy for $109 the pair..so Im already $300+ ahead.
>>
>> See?
>>
>> My problem right now is that I'm pretty sure I have "one" - but I
>>just do not know where it got shoved. So I'll eventually have
>>duplicates.
>>
>> Snerk, friends were clearing out the late great "Bear's" place -
>>kept finding "yet another set" because he'd bought replacements when
>>he couldn't find them.
>>--
>>pyotr filipivich
>>"With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."
>
>Ive spent considerable time and effort over the years in getting
>enough storage cabinets and bins etc etc to hold a lot of stuff in
>some...some...some semblance of order.

I'm working on that. The semblance of order.

Clare Snyder

May 11, 2018, 11:59:34 PM5/11/18
Kitchener-Waterloo is in the higher price bracket for areas outside
the GTA, and sits somewhere between edmonton and Calgary for the price
of "starter" homes.

Average household incomes run 100,800 in Waterloo, 85,500 in
Cambridge, and 80,400 in Kitchener.
I've never been close to that average

The "average" house price has gone up 40% in the last 18 months, to a
current average of $500,000 in the kitchener/Waterloo area.
Cambridge prices average $400,000
Guelph, being closer to Toronto, is a bit higher.

Down the road an hour, in London it's still down in the high 300,000
range.
St Thomas is about $260,00
Windsor is around $265,000 and is starting to go up.
Statford is about $319,000

So as you can see, there are lots of areas in Ontario where housing
is still very affordable if you don't need to commute to Toronto and
you don't want a McMansion.

The new "stress tests" are pushing up the lower end faster than the
middle or top level homes, while the influx of Toronto buyers is
pushing up the upper middle level homes within 1 hours of Toronto
(Brantford, Hamilton, guelph, Kitchener, Cambridge and surrounding
areas - particularly semi-rural settlements)

My nephew is buying a house in Stratford and working in Mitchel.
Nice Semi - just over $300,000.

In Crowd

May 12, 2018, 10:41:06 AM5/12/18
On Fri, 11 May 2018 23:59:32 -0400, Clare Snyder <cl...@snyder.on.ca>
wrote:

>My nephew is buying a house in Stratford and working in Mitchel.
>Nice Semi - just over $300,000.

He's lucky. Most people will need to commute farther from their higher
paying jobs to find lower home prices. Or settle for lower wages
closer to lower home prices. If they choose to commute and start
piling on the miles, in addition to the fuel they'll be paying $2000
service bills more often. Whenever I have one of my vehicles on the
hoist I think of what the average person has to shell out for that.
I'm about to do a minor steering overhaul (pitman, idler, 4 ties rod
ends) on my pickup. If I took it in for that, I'd be getting a call
telling me to do the ball joints, all 4 rotors, and the parking brake
shoes, at a minimum. I get to choose what isn't worth fixing for me.
Most people will take the shop's word. That's a reality that most
young commuters are stuck with.

Larry Jaques

May 13, 2018, 12:44:20 PM5/13/18
On Fri, 11 May 2018 21:29:17 -0400, Gerry <gerald...@yahoo.ca>
wrote:
Let us know if you find it. Sounds interesting.

My favorite song about pigs and war is here, with lyrics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG0Ws3YfONY Rock on!

Larry Jaques

May 13, 2018, 9:50:34 PM5/13/18
On Fri, 11 May 2018 09:30:44 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I missed out on a really nice, tough set of open front cabinets used

The phrases "really nice" and "open front" are mutually exclusive when
referring to cabinets. DAMHIKT. (I hate dust, grit, & oil residue.)

P.S: Ping me offline. 5th request.

Doug Miller

May 18, 2018, 10:55:01 PM5/18/18
Clare Snyder <cl...@snyder.on.ca> wrote in news:heh7fdhq79f2ethv8d4nq1o3qqap4i07qh@
4ax.com:

> Hey, " If I kwew then what I know now,I wouldn't know what I know
> now"

Another corollary to that is in the Bob Seger song "Against the Wind":

"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."

One of the most poignant expressions of regret I've ever heard.

Clare Snyder

May 19, 2018, 12:47:54 AM5/19/18
Another one -" It's what you learn after you know it all that
counts"
John Wooden

pyotr filipivich

May 19, 2018, 12:41:44 PM5/19/18
Doug Miller <doug_at_mil...@example.com> on Sat, 19 May 2018
02:54:59 -0000 (UTC) typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Amen.

Gunner Asch

May 19, 2018, 7:35:46 PM5/19/18
On Sun, 13 May 2018 18:50:31 -0700, Larry Jaques
<lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 11 May 2018 09:30:44 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I missed out on a really nice, tough set of open front cabinets used
>
>The phrases "really nice" and "open front" are mutually exclusive when
>referring to cabinets. DAMHIKT. (I hate dust, grit, & oil residue.)
>
>P.S: Ping me offline. 5th request.

Ive been working. My email is good. Feel free to use it for stuff
other than jokes and interesting articles as well.

Larry Jaques

May 20, 2018, 4:01:58 PM5/20/18
On Sat, 19 May 2018 16:35:33 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 13 May 2018 18:50:31 -0700, Larry Jaques
><lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 11 May 2018 09:30:44 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I missed out on a really nice, tough set of open front cabinets used
>>
>>The phrases "really nice" and "open front" are mutually exclusive when
>>referring to cabinets. DAMHIKT. (I hate dust, grit, & oil residue.)
>>
>>P.S: Ping me offline. 5th request.
>
>Ive been working.

That's always good!

>My email is good.

Having tried for 1+ month, I sent the first two emails to the gmail
addy, and the third to both gmail and hotmail addies. No response to
those or the first one here, but you did the second here. <shrug>

>Feel free to use it for stuff
>other than jokes and interesting articles as well.

<g> My friends ask me if I know how to dial a phone. I reply
"Not since they took the dials off'n 'em."

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 12:07:26 AM5/21/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 13:01:55 -0700, Larry Jaques
<lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 19 May 2018 16:35:33 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 13 May 2018 18:50:31 -0700, Larry Jaques
>><lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:

>>>The phrases "really nice" and "open front" are mutually exclusive when
>>>referring to cabinets. DAMHIKT. (I hate dust, grit, & oil residue.)
>>>
>>>P.S: Ping me offline. 5th request.
>>
>>Ive been working.
>
>That's always good!
>

>>My email is good.
>
>Having tried for 1+ month, I sent the first two emails to the gmail
>addy, and the third to both gmail and hotmail addies. No response to
>those or the first one here, but you did the second here. <shrug>
>

>>Feel free to use it for stuff
>>other than jokes and interesting articles as well.
>
><g> My friends ask me if I know how to dial a phone. I reply
>"Not since they took the dials off'n 'em."

I see you on Facebook, and my phone number is 805-732-5308

Larry Jaques

May 21, 2018, 12:42:28 AM5/21/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 21:07:23 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 20 May 2018 13:01:55 -0700, Larry Jaques
><lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 19 May 2018 16:35:33 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Ive been working.
>>
>>That's always good!
>>

>>>My email is good.
>>
>>Having tried for 1+ month, I sent the first two emails to the gmail
>>addy, and the third to both gmail and hotmail addies. No response to
>>those or the first one here, but you did the second here. <shrug>
>>

>>>Feel free to use it for stuff
>>>other than jokes and interesting articles as well.
>>
>><g> My friends ask me if I know how to dial a phone. I reply
>>"Not since they took the dials off'n 'em."
>
>I see you on Facebook, and my phone number is 805-732-5308

Shoulda tried FB first, huh?

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 9:13:40 AM5/21/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 21:42:27 -0700, Larry Jaques
Should have called first. In the past month and change..Ive not been
close to a computer but about 5 days total. When Im in So Cal..I only
have net access through my cell phone. Which means I can take phone
calls and do Facebook..and emails. However..given the huge numbers of
spam and other crapola I get on gmail..I seldom check it much during
the week. When I got home this last time...I had 5000 emails to deal
with. I was tired, not in good humor..so I simply deleted EVERYTHING
in the mailbox. Shrug.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 10:01:55 AM5/21/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 06:13:37 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
Note..I retrieved your email visa vis June 2, and replied to it.

Gunner

Larry Jaques

May 21, 2018, 10:30:57 AM5/21/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 07:01:53 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
What's an email visa vis? Whatever it is I don't need one. I've been
cutting back, if I have to ask what it is then it's time to throw it
out. 5000 emails in a week? WTF! How long has that been going on?
Doesn't that make email 100% pointless? However you managed to
accomplish that is something I don't want any part of. Maybe you
should uninstall your email visa vis?

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 2:20:24 PM5/21/18
"vis-a-vis

Vis-a-vis is a fancy way of saying "in regard to" or "compared to," as
in: "He was substantially underpaid vis-a-vis other researchers.""

Because Im fairly active on a number of groups, sites and systems..I
tend to wind up with lots of spam, advisories, etc etc etc.

I have Gmail set up to "generally" sort through this stuff and I can
"bulk delete" a bunch of stuff in a hurry. I generally browse through
the titles..but when dealing with several thousand emails...shrug....I
may miss picking out something that was put in the wrong catagory by
Gmail. Having used Gmail since it started..it knows my preferences
pretty well...but it still misfiles stuff every so often. So
.....shrug.

Larry Jaques

May 21, 2018, 10:48:14 PM5/21/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 07:30:57 -0700, Larry Jaques
<lja...@invalid.divirsifycomm.com> wrote:

Spamming assholes.

Larry Jaques

May 21, 2018, 10:49:42 PM5/21/18
wrote:

>Note..I retrieved your email visa vis June 2, and replied to it.

They said the check is in the mail, so that settles that.
Now back to private email.

Dennis Thatcher

May 21, 2018, 11:09:54 PM5/21/18
On 5/21/2018 7:48 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
> Spamming assholes.

Haw haw haw! He got you but good!