Steel Grind

bruce2...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2018, 11:56:55 PM3/8/18
On Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 5:06:29 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote in sci.electronics.repair:
> In article <5bcf8620-15e5-4969...@googlegroups.com>,
> gghe...@gmail.com says...
> >
> > On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 2:45:57 PM UTC-5, BenAnd wrote:
> > > Repairing metal housing.
> > >
> > > 7/8" steel tube with ends slightly rounded inwards.
> > > I need to remove all and a little more of the rounding inwards.
> > >
> > > What material bit for either 1/4" OR 1/8" shank hand drill motor or
> > > Dremel is best to use ?
> > >
> > > I have many of these to do.
> >
> > Can you just re-cut the end?
> > Maybe a step drill bit, or a conical bit.
> > (A dremel sounds a bit wimpy for the job, unless it's thin walled
> > SS.)
> >
> > George H.
>
> Did anyone mention a tapered reamer ? The pipe threading machines
> usually
> have them built in.

Do they work on rigid? pipe, too?

Gunner Asch

Mar 17, 2018, 10:38:53 PM3/17/18
Yep.

---

Snag

May 10, 2020, 8:12:13 PM5/10/20
The taper reamer built in to the threading machine is used to deburr the
inside of the cut end of the pipe before threading . Should work on any
round metal tube withing the size range of the reamer . They also make
them intended for manual deburring . I even have one that fits in my
grandfather's brace .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old