Colorado town's water may be tainted with marijuana chemical

raykeller

Jul 22, 2016, 12:50:07 AM7/22/16
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WATER_CONTAMINATED_MARIJUANA?SITE=MYPSP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-07-21-22-50-46
Colorado town's water may be tainted with marijuana chemical

HUGO, Colo. (AP) -- Officials told residents of a small Colorado community
not to drink or shower in tap water Thursday because one of the town's wells
may have been contaminated with THC, marijuana's intoxicating chemical.
No illnesses have been linked to the water in Hugo, a town of about 730
people some 100 miles southeast of Denver, said Lincoln County Public Health
Director Susan Kelly.
THC was detected in tests conducted with field kits, although other field
tests were negative, sheriff's Capt. Michael Yowell said.
More definitive laboratory tests were underway, he said.
The field tests weren't capable of showing how much THC was in the water,
but only whether the chemical was there, he said.
Investigators found signs that one of Hugo's five wells had been tampered
with, but they hadn't determined whether someone deliberately tainted the
water, Yowell said.
The FBI and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation are helping with the case,
he said.
Hugo prohibits marijuana cultivation, product manufacturing, testing
facilities and retail marijuana stores, although those activities are legal
elsewhere in the state.
Peter Perrone, owner of a marijuana testing facility in the Denver area,
expressed doubt that THC could be in the water. The chemical isn't
water-soluble, he told The Denver Post (http://tinyurl.com/h8s9z5u).
Yowell said investigators were aware of that but had to follow up because of
the field test results.
He said a company that administers employee drug tests was the first to
detect THC in Hugo's water. A tester sampled tap water, assuming it would be
negative, but it was positive.
It's unlikely that consuming pot-tainted water would cause lasting health
effects, said Mark Salley, a spokesman for the state Department of Public
Health and Environment.
The effects of drinking THC-laced water would depend on the concentration,
the amount consumed and how quickly it was consumed, and officials don't yet
have that information, Salley said.
Consuming water containing THC would be similar to eating marijuana-infused
food, meaning the effect would depend entirely on how much was consumed and
the strength of the tainted water.

!Jones

Jul 22, 2016, 1:34:37 AM7/22/16
X-NO-IDIOTS

On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 21:50:01 -0700, in talk.politics.guns "raykeller"
<whiney_will_have_his_nose_in_my_ass_in_3_2_1@leftards_are_loosers.com>
wrote:

>HUGO, Colo. (AP) -- Officials told residents of a small Colorado community
>not to drink or shower in tap water Thursday because one of the town's wells
>may have been contaminated with THC, marijuana's intoxicating chemical.

Really? Where's Hugo?

Jones

PaxPerPoten

Jul 22, 2016, 1:39:02 AM7/22/16
Just follow the Drug crowd..

--
"...I am committed against every thing which in my judgement, may
weaken, endanger, or destroy [The constitution]...and especially against

Verdine White

Jul 22, 2016, 8:08:25 AM7/22/16

"!Jones" wrote in message
#####

DAMN! You really ARE that dumb!

!Jones

Jul 22, 2016, 9:39:59 AM7/22/16
X-NO-IDIOTS

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 00:38:59 -0500, in talk.politics.guns PaxPerPoten
<P...@USA.org> wrote:

>Just follow the Drug crowd.

They're probably lost.

Frank

Jul 22, 2016, 12:12:05 PM7/22/16
A pot head wants to know? Just as I suspected from your other posts.

!Jones

Jul 22, 2016, 12:47:36 PM7/22/16
X-NO-IDIOTS

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 12:11:51 -0400, in talk.politics.guns Frank
<"frank "@frank.net> wrote:

>A pot head wants to know? Just as I suspected from your other posts.

Ever tried pot, Frank?

It never did much for me besides making me stupid... why would I pay
$100/oz when I can do that for free?

But, hey! You've *never* tried pot???

Why not? (I don't believe you, but that's OK.)

Jones

Frank

Jul 22, 2016, 1:22:52 PM7/22/16
I don't care what you think - cause you can't think.

!Jones

Jul 22, 2016, 3:30:14 PM7/22/16
X-NO-IDIOTS

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 13:22:38 -0400, in talk.politics.guns Frank
<"frank "@frank.net> wrote:

>I don't care what you think - cause you can't think.

Oh, I can think just fine, Frank; however, doing so certainly does not
appear to be a prerequisite to posting hereabouts.

You asked me if I was a pothead; I replied honestly that, while I have
certainly tried it, I do not find it to be particularly enjoyable.

Then I asked you the same question. I mean, you don't *have* to
discuss it, of course; given that this is the case, why did you bring
it up in the first place?

Jones

Epmgp⛄⫸Mighty ⸎ Wannabe⫷⛄NtqeC

Jul 22, 2016, 5:32:08 PM7/22/16
Because Frank is stupid.

!Jones

Jul 22, 2016, 10:34:15 PM7/22/16
X-NO-IDIOTS

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 17:32:05 -0400, in talk.politics.guns
Epmgp???????? ? ?????????NtqeC <rZ...@jcWrW.com> wrote:

>Because Frank is stupid.

*I* choose not to participate in that discussion; therefore, I have no
comment.

Jones

Verdine White

Jul 23, 2016, 9:22:08 AM7/23/16

"!Jones" wrote in message
####
That comment of yours was retarded... like all of your others.

James Wilkinson

Jul 23, 2016, 3:26:28 PM7/23/16
On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 06:28:53 +0100, Winston_Smith <inv...@butterfly.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 21:50:01 -0700, "raykeller"
> <whiney_will_have_his_nose_in_my_ass_in_3_2_1@leftards_are_loosers.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Man has walked on the surface of the moon a number of times.
>> I wonder if man will ever walk on the surface of the sun.
>
> If they do it will have to be at night when it's turned off.

Oh how I'd love to turn it on when a walk was in progress. Oops!

--
"A life without danger is a life not worth living" -- Moist von Lipwig

David R. Birch

Jul 24, 2016, 6:37:42 AM7/24/16
On 7/21/2016 11:50 PM, raykeller wrote:
> http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WATER_CONTAMINATED_MARIJUANA?SITE=MYPSP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-07-21-22-50-46
> Colorado town's water may be tainted with marijuana chemical
>
> HUGO, Colo. (AP) -- Officials told residents of a small Colorado community
> not to drink or shower in tap water Thursday because one of the town's wells
> may have been contaminated with THC, marijuana's intoxicating chemical.
> No illnesses have been linked to the water in Hugo, a town of about 730
> people some 100 miles southeast of Denver, said Lincoln County Public Health
> Director Susan Kelly.

Sounds like a good place for a water bottling plant.

Wayne

Jul 24, 2016, 12:11:30 PM7/24/16

"raykeller" wrote in message news:nms8ls$mi1$1...@dont-email.me...

>http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WATER_CONTAMINATED_MARIJUANA?SITE=MYPSP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-07-21-22-50-46
>Colorado town's water may be tainted with marijuana chemical

>HUGO, Colo. (AP) -- Officials told residents of a small Colorado community
>not to drink or shower in tap water Thursday because one of the town's
>wells may have been contaminated with THC, marijuana's intoxicating
>chemical.

The DNC will likely file a lawsuit to protect the citizen's right to get
high without smoking.

Governor Swill

Jul 24, 2016, 11:17:28 PM7/24/16
Lol!

Swill
--
Vote Clinton.
The next job Trump outsources might be your own.

"If Donald Trump is our standard bearer,
what's happened to our standards?"

Donald molested teenage Ivanka (image)
http://tinyurl.com/gnj59zp

"The Many Scandals of Donald Trump: A Cheat Sheet"
http://tinyurl.com/z9a7h5y

An official guide to Donald Trump's 5 kids and his baby mamas
http://tinyurl.com/gvcu5j2

From redstate.com:
CREEPY. CREEPY. CREEPY.
Donald Trump Discusses His Infant Daughter’s Breasts
http://tinyurl.com/h5x4xy2

Teatman!
http://tinyurl.com/j7gcq5u