Fascinating early..very early 20th century color photos of Russia

Gunner Asch

Jul 28, 2015, 2:41:43 PM7/28/15

Fascinating that color photography has been around that long

http://www.pravoslavie.ru/english/80171.htm

Some fascinating looks at the scenes and times when Russia still had a
Czar.

Gunner

Patsy Labia

Jul 28, 2015, 3:17:33 PM7/28/15
How beautiful. One day people will look at pictures of the USA and
wonder how our country went to hell because of a Negro President,
Muslims and illegal Hispanics allowed to run rampant, and government
encouraging lawlessness and Marxism..

Jon Elson

Jul 28, 2015, 4:33:33 PM7/28/15
I assumed these had to be separation negative shots, and the river scene
with the bands of red/green/blue waves clearly demonstrates that. They took
3 black and white photos through either red/green/blue or
cyan/magenta/yellow filters, and then recombined them in some fashion.

rbowman

Jul 28, 2015, 11:32:55 PM7/28/15
On 07/28/2015 12:40 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

> Fascinating that color photography has been around that long

http://flavorwire.com/328132/see-the-worlds-first-color-motion-picture-from-1902

Both the original technique and the restoration process are interesting.
The Multicolor process Hughes used in 'Hell's Angels' was conceptually
similar. It was also expensive so there's just a brief scene in color.
Technicolor ran through several processes trying to get true color and a
less finicky filming process.

Stormin Mormon

Jul 29, 2015, 10:17:35 AM7/29/15
I did look at the web page. I am a bit disappointed. I
expected to see old women lined up to buy potatos, and
workers idling. This was more tourist shots and
celebrities.

--
.
Christopher A. Young

Tom Del Rosso

Jul 29, 2015, 12:12:53 PM7/29/15
Stormin Mormon wrote:
> On 7/28/2015 2:40 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
>>
>> Fascinating that color photography has been around that long
>>
>> http://www.pravoslavie.ru/english/80171.htm
>>
>> Some fascinating looks at the scenes and times when Russia still had
>> a Czar.
>
> I did look at the web page. I am a bit disappointed. I
> expected to see old women lined up to buy potatos, and
> workers idling. This was more tourist shots and
> celebrities.

What I'm seeing is exactly the former and not the latter. You must be
on the wrong page.