Trump reduces cost of smokes

Gunner Asch

Apr 1, 2017, 1:17:22 PM4/1/17
Great news!
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/health-and-medicine/article142084974.html
Trump has cut the cost of smokes by $2 a pack! This will help my
familys cash situation a lot.. a bigly lot. It's weird though that
some smokers are complaining. <shrug>

Tom Gardner

Apr 1, 2017, 1:51:46 PM4/1/17
Why are you not rolling your own? Costs less than $2 pack and there is
a good variety of tobacco and tubes available. Get a good machine for
about $45 and save a fortune. Soon, factory smokes taste awful.

Gunner Asch

Apr 1, 2017, 2:41:08 PM4/1/17
Rolling my own would make look like some kind of hobo. <shrug> Plus
there aren't enough hours in the day. I did try to get the old lady to
do it for both of us and let's just say it didn't go over very well.
VBG $45 sounds a bit steep. Is it something I could make? Do you have
a link for a used one?

Frank

Apr 1, 2017, 3:30:37 PM4/1/17
On 4/1/2017 1:17 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
That's an April 1st one.
Smoking is the worst thing you can do for your body.
I was lucky enough to finally quit decades ago.
What worked was not quitting smoking but quitting buying them.
Smokers did not want to smoke around me because they knew I'd be bumming
them. I finally kicked that habit.

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Apr 1, 2017, 3:45:00 PM4/1/17
Ebay from $7 up

Jim Wilkins

Apr 1, 2017, 8:00:19 PM4/1/17
"Gunner Asch" <Gumme...@econolinevan.net> wrote in message
> Great news!

Due to unexpectedly high repair costs, the French have offered to sell
the Eiffel Tower to Trump and allow him to rename it the Truffel
Tower.

Gunner Asch

Apr 2, 2017, 10:09:59 AM4/2/17
>On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 15:30:30 -0400, Frank <"frank "@frank.net> wrote:
>
>>On 4/1/2017 1:17 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
>>> Great news!
>>> http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/health-and-medicine/article142084974.html
>>> Trump has cut the cost of smokes by $2 a pack! This will help my
>>> familys cash situation a lot.. a bigly lot. It's weird though that
>>> some smokers are complaining. <shrug>
>>>
>>That's an April 1st one.

No, but you did make me reread the article and now I feel like a fool.
A pissed off... very very pissed off fool. It turns out that the price
of smokes has gone UP $2! I voted for Trump so that prices would go
DOWN! Please please Mr. President Im sure youre reading this, reverse
this decision. Send Pelissi and governor Moonbeam to Gitmo and give me
the key so I can grind it down and swallow the sparks. These
treasonous bastards are ruining the country and something needs to be
done NOW!

>>Smoking is the worst thing you can do for your body.

Its not great for my wallet but otherwise its Ok. I have clairvoyance
in my family. The men only clairvoyant in things that will save their
lives. Ive had 6 such moments. In 5 of them...I saw things in the
future that when the events occured..I was forewarned and was able to
take steps to save myself. Ive told the stories here before. Nothing
special. the 6th...hasnt happened yet. But..it will. The batting
average on accuracy has been pretty damned good. I'll save myself
again and live to at least 126. Which means another 63 years. Why
change whats been working so well? <shrug> And frankly, neither the
first or second 63 years would be worth living without smokes.

>>I was lucky enough to finally quit decades ago.
>>What worked was not quitting smoking but quitting buying them.
>>Smokers did not want to smoke around me because they knew I'd be bumming
>>them.

Ive been doing that for a long time whenever I can. Unfortunately all
the smokers I know are doing the same thing so the trick rarely works
anymore. <shrug>

> I finally kicked that habit.

I hate a lot of things and quitters are one of them. Ive forwarded
your headers and put your name on the list. Smoke em if you got em
because you might as well enjoy what little time you have left before
youre ended.

Gunner Asch

Apr 2, 2017, 4:28:28 PM4/2/17
On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 13:51:46 -0400, Tom Gardner <ma...@tacks.com> wrote:

Odd that you are replying to a post that is a forgery

Larry Jaques

Apr 2, 2017, 4:43:00 PM4/2/17
eBay from $0.01 + $0.39 up, or $0.88 with free shipping BIN.

That wasn't Gunner, guys. See the "econolinevan.net" email? <g>

--
The more you know, the less you need.
-- Aboriginal Saying

edhun...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2017, 5:27:42 PM4/2/17
So you needed the email address to realize it wasn't Gunner? Hmmm...

--
Ed Huntress

Gunner Asch

Apr 2, 2017, 5:49:32 PM4/2/17
They must be leftist buffoons. According to this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL4219hspos I could effectively make
$36 an hour by rolling my own smokes. But I usually make $75 an hour!
Do these people think Im stupid? I'm not doing anything that costs me
$41 (hope I got that right) an hour! I didn't get where I am by taking
dumb advice. <shrug>

Frank

Apr 2, 2017, 7:11:29 PM4/2/17
Might also mention that two of my father's three brothers had emphysema.
One died and 60 and the other 75. That was some incentive to quit.

You could move to a state where taxes are cheaper and you don't piss
away your vote when you vote for a republican.

Gunner Asch

Apr 2, 2017, 8:43:57 PM4/2/17
Sounds like a whole family of quitters. I dont quit. I walk softly and
carry a big stick when Im not here vanquishing my opponents like the
leftist pussies they are.

>You could move to a state where taxes are cheaper

I will never leave my vast ranch and real estate investments. In fact
Im expecting a call any minute. It will say "please hold for the
president of the united states." Thats something I havent heard since
my days working for an uh, lets just call it a company. <VBG> This
time it will be to ask for my guidance and vision to assist building a
great big beautiful wall. I am ready. All I will need to get started
is insurance and license plates for my van.

> and you don't piss
>away your vote when you vote for a republican.

Every last one of my votes over the years have led to this moment of
triumph when my massive IQ and engineering skills will finally fulfill
my destiny. Every last mexican who thought theyd bested me by getting
jobs and moving up will soon learn what its been like for me to pound
helplessly on my keyboa.. I mean insurmountable wall.

Larry Jaques

Apr 3, 2017, 7:21:18 PM4/3/17
On Sun, 02 Apr 2017 14:49:30 -0700, Gunner Asch
<Gumme...@econolinevan.net> wrote:

Nothing of importance again, so I need to plonk ya, Not Gunner.

Gunner Asch

Apr 3, 2017, 9:16:50 PM4/3/17
On Sun, 02 Apr 2017 17:43:53 -0700, Gunner Asch
<Gumme...@econolinevan.net> wrote:

>From: Gunner Asch <Gumme...@econolinevan.net>
>Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
>Subject: Re: Trump reduces cost of smokes
>Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2017 17:43:53 -0700

>>> No, but you did make me reread the article and now I feel like a fool.
>>> A pissed off... very very pissed off fool. It turns out that the price
>>> of smokes has gone UP $2! I voted for Trump so that prices would go
>>> DOWN! Please please Mr. President Im sure youre reading this, reverse
>>> this decision. Send Pelissi and governor Moonbeam to Gitmo and give me
>>> the key so I can grind it down and swallow the sparks. These
>>> treasonous bastards are ruining the country and something needs to be
>>> done NOW!

Snicker..the little bastard doesnt have anything better to do does he?

Sitting there in that cold and cheerless room at the Home..venting his
rage. Its funny as hell.

(VBG)

Gunner Asch

Apr 3, 2017, 9:45:46 PM4/3/17
On Sun, 02 Apr 2017 07:09:55 -0700, Gunner Asch
<Gumme...@econolinevan.net> wrote:

>From: Gunner Asch <Gumme...@econolinevan.net>
>Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
>Subject: Re: Trump reduces cost of smokes
>Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2017 07:09:55 -0700

>>>That's an April 1st one.
>
>No, but you did make me reread

Snicker....lol

Gunner Asch

Apr 3, 2017, 9:47:42 PM4/3/17
On Sun, 02 Apr 2017 14:49:30 -0700, Gunner Asch
<Gumme...@econolinevan.net> wrote:

>From: Gunner Asch <Gumme...@econolinevan.net>
>Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
>Subject: Re: Trump reduces cost of smokes
>Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2017 14:49:30 -0700
Notice the poor bastard posts from a free usenet server using an
antique version of Agent?

When he is living on the public dole in the Home...thats the best he
can do.

Mike Colangelo

Apr 4, 2017, 4:12:27 PM4/4/17
Cite?

Gunner

Apr 5, 2017, 2:15:47 AM4/5/17
On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 13:12:25 -0700, Mike Colangelo <air@vatican_.con>
wrote:
Because you dolt...I didnt write the original message..yet it had my
name on it. All the header data of course was from the forgers
account.

Are you really THAT stupid? Ill bet you are.

goodsoldi...@invalid.junk

Apr 5, 2017, 2:31:52 AM4/5/17
On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 23:13:41 -0700, Gunner <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Yup, you can always tell. Logical, articulate, well thought out
explanation...
Got to be the forger.

--
Cheers,

Schweik

Gunner

Apr 5, 2017, 12:31:53 PM4/5/17
On Wed, 05 Apr 2017 13:31:49 +0700, goodsoldi...@invalid.junk
wrote:
Got your fingerprints all over it, you dick licker.

Laugh laugh laugh

Mike Colangelo

Apr 5, 2017, 4:35:53 PM4/5/17
On 4/4/2017 11:13 PM, Gunner wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 13:12:25 -0700, Mike Colangelo <air@vatican_.con>
> wrote:

>>> Odd that you are replying to a post that is a forgery
>>
>> Cite?
>
> Because you dolt...I didnt write the original message

Cite?

Gunner Asch

Apr 5, 2017, 6:20:53 PM4/5/17
On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 13:35:49 -0700, Mike Colangelo <air@vatican_.con>
Ok you want proof? I will get it from some of my Facebook friends.
Several of the members of that august list..are computer wienies at
the top of very large high tech companies.. People who are very very
good about finding out Stuff about fools on the internet. One, is
an ex marine..combat marine...<VBG>(though many are ex military or ex
law enforcement or both) and doesnt deal well with fools...and he is
extraordinary with High Tech stuff. Which is why his hobby is building
guitars and such. Gives him low tech time to rest his brain from his
daily grind of owning his own high tech company.

Now one or more of them will report to me, who you are, and where you
live, and whether or not I posted the message in question. And Ill
pass along that information to other friends who generally dont have
their pictures on facebook for various reasons.
<VBG>

For some..the Great Cull may..may come early.

goodsoldi...@invalid.junk

Apr 5, 2017, 9:39:02 PM4/5/17
On Wed, 05 Apr 2017 09:29:47 -0700, Gunner <gunne...@gmail.com>
Inarticulate, illogical, poorly thought out, and can't even write
English correctly.

Don't even need to check the header to see that it is "The Real
Gunner". The poor, feeble, old, failure.
--
Cheers,

Schweik

raykeller

Apr 5, 2017, 10:34:34 PM4/5/17
From: Gunner Asch <Gumne...@econolinevan.net>
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
Subject: Re: Trump reduces cost of smokes
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 15:20:50 -0700
alt.survival:245601

"Gunner Asch" <Gumne...@econolinevan.net> wrote in message

Gunner Asch

Apr 6, 2017, 4:36:36 AM4/6/17
On Wed, 05 Apr 2017 20:59:12 -0700, Winston_Smith
<inv...@butterfly.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 19:35:19 -0700, raykeller@looser_losers.com wrote:

>Ray continues to impress the world with his cut and paste skills.

You contniue to impress the world with your various gay sex acts.

Gunner Asch

Apr 6, 2017, 4:59:29 AM4/6/17
On Thu, 06 Apr 2017 08:38:51 +0700, goodsoldi...@invalid.junk
wrote:

>>Got your fingerprints all over it, you dick licker.
>>
>>Laugh laugh laugh
>
>Inarticulate, illogical, poorly thought out, and can't even write
>English correctly.

Your first, halting self examination does you proud.

goodsoldi...@invalid.junk

Apr 6, 2017, 8:31:34 PM4/6/17
On Thu, 06 Apr 2017 01:59:25 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Ah, you disagree? Well, I guess you would.

After all being an old, feeble, loser, with no job and no money is
probably not something one would want to dwell on. Far better to live
an imaginary life on the Internet as a brave. stalwart, hero.

Although your limited intelligence more often portrays you simply as a
fool. Joining an imaginary army, roaring down the road on your buddies
motorcycle.

But in reality, just a pathetic old man.
--
Cheers,

Schweik

Gunner Asch

Apr 8, 2017, 5:48:00 PM4/8/17
On Fri, 07 Apr 2017 07:31:30 +0700, goodsoldi...@invalid.junk
wrote:

>On Thu, 06 Apr 2017 01:59:25 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:

>>>Inarticulate, illogical, poorly thought out, and can't even write
>>>English correctly.
>>
>>Your first, halting self examination does you proud.
>
>Ah, you disagree? Well, I guess you would.
>
>After all being an old, feeble, loser, with no job and no money is
>probably not something one would want to dwell on. Far better to live
>an imaginary life on the Internet as a brave. stalwart, hero.
>
>Although my limited intelligence more often portrays me simply as a
>fool.
>But I still think its my duty to show how much of a fool I really am.
>
>But in reality, just a pathetic old man.

Hey..thats up to you. Ill killfile you before long and then you will
change your nym again, and we will once more go around showing just
how much of a fool you are. Though thats been shown many...many..many
times. You come here for the beatings dont you? Social deviate, gay
and a masochist..you have it all dont you?

Im sure your family..if there are any other than foster parents (now
in hiding)...is utterly ashamed and embaressed by you.

Gunner, just walked in the door from an ongoing job in So Cal.

---

Good Soldier Schweik

Apr 9, 2017, 7:17:51 AM4/9/17
On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 14:47:55 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
Dumpster Diving is an ongoing job?

Well, I guess, yes it can be, for an ageing and feeble person with no
marketable skills.

Gunner Asch

Apr 9, 2017, 10:33:51 AM4/9/17
For some people, indeed it is. Folks besides yourself actually push
themselves away from the table and go out and do something useful.

>Well, I guess, yes it can be, for an ageing and feeble person with no
>marketable skills.

You really ought to try it. It would make yourself feel useful.

As for my ongoing job, I was hired by a old and valued client to do a
complete rewire of his shop. 11 CNC machines, grinders, polishing
stations, etc etc..right down to rewiring the stereo speakers that
they stuck to the ceiling in various locations. It should be noted
that Cambodians are fair machinists...but not so good electricians.
Ive also recommended redoing their air system. Brrrr.....not very
good plumbers either.....brrrr....

I also got an Acme-Gridley 9/16" screw machine up and running the week
before and did some misc adjustments and repairs this week, in the
evenings when the Cambodian shop was closed. It was a profitable
week. But Ive got more dings, sore spots and bruises than I like.
Having some good jobs again is putting me back in physical shape, the
hard way. You really ought to try getting out and doing something
physical. Dumpster diving might be a good first step for you. Unless
you wish to go through life fat, slovenly and weak as a popcorn fart.

Your choice. Use it wisely.

Gunner

No Cars Go

Apr 9, 2017, 4:06:55 PM4/9/17
On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 08:13:32 -0700, wrote:

> I was hired by a old and valued client to do a
>>complete rewire of his shop.

Yet another big $75 an hour job! Let's see how well it's paying...

http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/Payment/ATNDetails.aspx?NUMBER=03930320008&NUM_TYPE=AT&YR=C

... nope, still nothing paid. And another $92 due tomorrow. Hmm, I
wonder if you'll pay that one with your latest imaginary windfall. LOL

This asparagus has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus
software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Gunner Asch

Apr 10, 2017, 12:48:47 AM4/10/17
On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 13:06:53 -0700, No Cars Go <A...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 08:13:32 -0700, wrote:
>
>> I was hired by a old and valued client to do a
>>>complete rewire of his shop.
>
>Yet another big $75 an hour job! Let's see how well it's paying...
>
>http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/Payment/ATNDetails.aspx?NUMBER=03930320008&NUM_TYPE=AT&YR=C
>
>... nope, still nothing paid. And another $92 due tomorrow. Hmm, I
>wonder if you'll pay that one with your latest imaginary windfall. LOL

One bill at a time. (Grin)
I got the Ranger up and running today finally, and this week it will
be smogged and tagged. With some luck, I can do the same for Moby
Dick, my big white E350 van at the same time.

Then comes the transmission rebuild for the Venture.

After that..Ill worry about paying off my back taxes. Ive gotten most
of my debts payed off, work has been picking up! Ive got almost $2k
on the receivables side of the ledger, and only $11k on the debt side.
So life is coming along nicely.

Im curious, is your parents insurance paying for your lodging at the
Home for the Mentally Ill, or does the government (via my taxes) cover
the bill?

Hummm?

I see that California is raising gas taxes another .12 cents and just
tacked on $2 to each pack of cigarettes. Love living here, under the
thumb of the Leftists from 3 small areas of the state. With a bit of
luck..the move to Calexit will happen and they can go fuck themselves
nicely. California will thereby have the highest gas prices in the
nation and the 4th highest cigarette prices. My out of state smokes
will be here around Wed or so. Im paying less now then I was when
smokes werent taxed at $2.87 a pack. Cool!!

Of course most of the state, where the normal people live, will opt
out from the Calexit thingy. We can simply put a fence around those
areas and not install a gate. I figure you all will be dead in less
than 5 yrs, shrug..so its a win win for the nation. Now if some of
the Eastern states do the same...there would be no need to round them
up and put them into mass graves with a bullet to the back of the
head. A much kinder and gentler way to remove the problem. And
hey...if you guys can manage to feed yourselves..thats cool too.
Though...I dont think any of you are smart enough to do it..hence the
5 yr count down to the last Lefty leaving this mortal coil.

It will be fascinating to watch.

Gunner

>This asparagus has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus
>software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus

---

Good Soldier Schweik

Apr 10, 2017, 3:25:29 AM4/10/17
On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 07:33:48 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
Of course he did and you have the necessary credentials to satisfy his
insurance company that a competent and qualified electrician did the
job? Sure you do.

In actuality what did he do? Hire you at minimum wage to sweep the
floor after the qualified people got finished?

I mean, a guy that couldn't pass the intelligence test to get a job
packing potato chips is become a code electrician overnight?

No Cars Go

Apr 10, 2017, 10:49:53 AM4/10/17
On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 21:48:23 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 13:06:53 -0700, No Cars Go <A...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 08:13:32 -0700, wrote:
>>
>>> I was hired by a old and valued client to do a
>>
>>Yet another big $75 an hour job! Let's see how well it's paying...
>>
>>http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/Payment/ATNDetails.aspx?NUMBER=03930320008&NUM_TYPE=AT&YR=C
>>
>>... nope, still nothing paid. And another $92 due tomorrow. Hmm, I
>>wonder if you'll pay that one with your latest imaginary windfall. LOL
>
>One bill at a time. (Grin)

Nope. The record will continue to tell the tale of your inability to
escape poverty.

>I got the Ranger up and running today finally, and this week it will
>be smogged and tagged. With some luck, I can do the same for Moby
>Dick, my big white E350 van at the same time.

Hahahaha! Bragging about maybe getting old junk back on the road.

>Then comes the transmission rebuild for the Venture.

Did you ever think of owning one good vehicle instead of a fleet of
junk?

>After that..Ill worry about paying off my back taxes.

No. It's useless to lie about that. You already told us
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/rec.crafts.metalworking/eHONhUwqdI4/9RONLpH5EAAJ
"I choose to not pay my property taxes, and only do so when forced to
do so."

>I see that California is raising gas taxes another .12 cents

Yup. Damn those leftists and their pothole filling schemes, right?

> and just tacked on $2 to each pack of cigarettes.

It's only been 13 years since you wrote "I will be quitting smoking
(or trying really hard)" How's that going?

You absorbed hundreds of thousands in healthcare, and you can't be
bothered to the do one simple thing to help yourself.

> With a bit of
>luck..the move to Calexit will happen and they can go fuck themselves
>nicely.

Oh sure, that will solve the financial problem of freeloaders like
you.

> I figure you all will be dead in less than 5 yrs, shrug..

What, ANOTHER 5 years!? What happened to all your previous
predictions?

>It will be fascinating to watch.

.... you continue to circle the drain.

This eggplant has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus
software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus

No Cars Go

Apr 10, 2017, 10:55:24 AM4/10/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 14:25:19 +0700, Good Soldier Schweik
<goods...@inop.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 07:33:48 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:

>>As for my ongoing job, I was hired by a old and valued client to do a
>>complete rewire of his shop. 11 CNC machines, grinders, polishing
>>stations, etc etc..right down to rewiring the stereo speakers that
>>they stuck to the ceiling in various locations. It should be noted
>>that Cambodians are fair machinists...but not so good electricians.
>>Ive also recommended redoing their air system. Brrrr.....not very
>>good plumbers either.....brrrr....
>
>Of course he did and you have the necessary credentials to satisfy his
>insurance company that a competent and qualified electrician did the
>job? Sure you do.
>
>In actuality what did he do? Hire you at minimum wage to sweep the
>floor after the qualified people got finished?

If Wieber really was getting paid to do any wiring, which is about as
plausible as most of his other whoppers, it would be because some low
rent outfit was cutting corners. That hypothetical company wouldn't
have insurance. :)

>I mean, a guy that couldn't pass the intelligence test to get a job
>packing potato chips is become a code electrician overnight?

Exactly. Here's Wieber, 12 years ago, imagining that he can save money
at his "homestead" by becoming his own power company.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/rec.crafts.metalworking/7_GbANorFM0/cnKowXsaCeMJ

Most likely that brain fart came about because the power company
threatening to cut him off for non payment. Somehow <chuckle> the
scheme didn't pay off, and Wieber remains a "victim" of utility bills
he can't dodge.

Gunner Asch

Apr 10, 2017, 2:08:36 PM4/10/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 14:25:19 +0700, Good Soldier Schweik
Actually...yeah...I do. (Grin)

>In actuality what did he do? Hire you at minimum wage to sweep the
>floor after the qualified people got finished?

(Grin)

>I mean, a guy that couldn't pass the intelligence test to get a job
>packing potato chips is become a code electrician overnight?

(VBG)

What would a guy who is incarcerated in a mental hospital know about
code?

(VBG)

Gunner Asch

Apr 10, 2017, 2:13:55 PM4/10/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 07:49:49 -0700, No Cars Go <A...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 21:48:23 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:

>>>Yet another big $75 an hour job! Let's see how well it's paying...
>>>
>>>http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/Payment/ATNDetails.aspx?NUMBER=03930320008&NUM_TYPE=AT&YR=C
>>>
>>>... nope, still nothing paid. And another $92 due tomorrow. Hmm, I
>>>wonder if you'll pay that one with your latest imaginary windfall. LOL
>>
>>One bill at a time. (Grin)
>
>Nope. The record will continue to tell the tale of your inability to
>escape poverty.

(VBG)

>>I got the Ranger up and running today finally, and this week it will
>>be smogged and tagged. With some luck, I can do the same for Moby
>>Dick, my big white E350 van at the same time.
>
>Hahahaha! Bragging about maybe getting old junk back on the road.

(VBG)

>>Then comes the transmission rebuild for the Venture.
>
>Did you ever think of owning one good vehicle instead of a fleet of
>junk?

(VBG)

>>After that..Ill worry about paying off my back taxes.
>
>No. It's useless to lie about that. You already told us
>https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/rec.crafts.metalworking/eHONhUwqdI4/9RONLpH5EAAJ
>"I choose to not pay my property taxes, and only do so when forced to
>do so."

Yes?

>>I see that California is raising gas taxes another .12 cents
>
>Yup. Damn those leftists and their pothole filling schemes, right?

Ayup. Given that its going to be like all the other similar
schemes..pissed into the wind on other porkbarrel projects.....

>> and just tacked on $2 to each pack of cigarettes.
>
>It's only been 13 years since you wrote "I will be quitting smoking
>(or trying really hard)" How's that going?

Ive quite 4 times since then. Still working on it. So when will
they declare you sane? Anytime this century?

>You absorbed hundreds of thousands in healthcare, and you can't be
>bothered to the do one simple thing to help yourself.
>
>> With a bit of
>>luck..the move to Calexit will happen and they can go fuck themselves
>>nicely.
>
>Oh sure, that will solve the financial problem of freeloaders like
>you.

(VBG)
How could I be a freeloader? I dont vote Democrat.

>> I figure you all will be dead in less than 5 yrs, shrug..
>
>What, ANOTHER 5 years!? What happened to all your previous
>predictions?

Some came true, some didnt. Life goes on.

>>It will be fascinating to watch.
>
>.... you continue to circle the drain.

Life is like that. So whats on the lunch menu today there at the
Home? Finger food one assumes...given they wont allow you anything
sharp. Oatmeal and a rubber spoon?

>This eggplant has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus
>software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Take it up with Avast.

(VBG)

---

Gunner Asch

Apr 10, 2017, 2:24:11 PM4/10/17
You mean this post?

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:52:40 GMT

Ive been looking around for a genset for the homestead. Not so much
for emergency power, but to run my welders from. Emergency backup is
icing on the cake.

My normal monthly electric bill is $150 or so (fuck you Gray
Davis!!!!) and it seems that the minute I turn a welder on..it goes to
$300 a month.

No can afford this sort of thing anymore.

So Ive been browsing the gov auction sites for a long time.
I need at most...about 60 amps at 208 volts worst case. 60 hz
manditory so that leaves out the aircraft start carts and whatnot.

Id prefer of course, diesel. These below are all within easy pickup
range of me.

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=554231

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=554230

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=559029

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=552152

Anyone know anything about any of these gensets? I know its pig in a
poke, unless one can take the time to drive up there and do an
inspection.

Reviewing past auctions, they seem to go for $35-70 each. Which
concerns me. Are these utter junk, or no one wants a trailer mounted
diesel genset?

A buddy said he would pay for a pair of them, if we could get
something that would be suitable for home/ranch utility use.

Any suggestions, comments, info would be appreciated.

Also...how does one pull a pintle style trailer with a ball hitch?

Gunner

Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the
all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized
and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious.
michael

My my..Id sure love to have a $150 a month power bill these days. Its
up to nearly $500 a month now. I dont turn on a welder anymore until
the weekends and I can use low tier pricing.

We pay over .35 cents a kilowatt hour here. The "baseline" is just
about enough to run a 60 watt bulb 8 hours a day. After that..it goes
sharply upwards. Got an electric dryer? You are fucked....shrug.

Now you are having an issue with me looking for a cheap way to run my
welders....12 yrs ago?

ROFLMAO!!!

You are such a putz. Nothing to do at the Home today? No basket
weaving or hot pad making events scheduled?

No Cars Go

Apr 10, 2017, 2:48:16 PM4/10/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 11:13:48 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
Hilarious to see you again imply you'll pay those tax when A. it's
obvious you never will and B. You've admitted you won't unless they
find a way to force you.

>>>I see that California is raising gas taxes another .12 cents
>>
>>Yup. Damn those leftists and their pothole filling schemes, right?
>
>Ayup. Given that its going to be like all the other similar
>schemes..pissed into the wind on other porkbarrel projects.....

Take your self-serving complaints to the voting booth. In the
meantime, pay your share you fucking freeloading useless eater.

>>> and just tacked on $2 to each pack of cigarettes.
>>
>>It's only been 13 years since you wrote "I will be quitting smoking
>>(or trying really hard)" How's that going?
>
>Ive quite 4 times since then. Still working on it.

LOL To paraphrase Ivanka Trump... if failing utterly constitutes
"working on it," then yes, you're working on it.

> Life goes on.

You mean, your disaster of a life goes on. But only because you're a
freeloader. If you had to pay your own way you'd be long dead.

>>>It will be fascinating to watch.
>>
>>.... you continue to circle the drain.
>
>Life is like that.

Not for me. Income is up despite being retired. Newest house is the
nicest one yet. Better toys, more fun. Typical result of working for a
living and sweat equity. You couldn't have done as well but you sure
could have done better than you have. For starters, you could have
worked enough to earn a pension. But hey, you have your
"conservatism," right? How does it taste? Is it a comforting
substitute for a retirement income and property ownership?

This banana has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus
software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus

No Cars Go

Apr 10, 2017, 3:10:38 PM4/10/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 11:23:51 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
Yeah, the one for which I supplied the link you clicked on, dipshit.

>My normal monthly electric bill is $150 or so (fuck you Gray
>Davis!!!!) and it seems that the minute I turn a welder on..it goes to
>$300 a month.

Hahahaha! An extra $150 "the minute I turn a welder on."

>Anyone know anything about any of these gensets?

>My my..Id sure love to have a $150 a month power bill these days. Its
>up to nearly $500 a month now.

Then you're an even bigger moron than anyone has ever given you credit
for. You're either lying (most likely) or wasting energy. Either way,
you're for damn sure no kind of electrician.

>We pay over .35 cents a kilowatt hour here. The "baseline" is just
>about enough to run a 60 watt bulb 8 hours a day.

I know you don't realize it, but you just claimed that your baseline
is about 15kWh per month. That's $5 at the rate you made up. Post the
bill. You won't because you're full of shit, as usual.

Your baseline price is probably about 20 cents for the first about
300kWh. Which would be good deal if you weren't such an idiot.

Why not clear it up with a photo of your bill? LOL

This potato has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.

Gunner Asch

Apr 10, 2017, 5:59:18 PM4/10/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 11:48:13 -0700, No Cars Go <A...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>Life is like that.
>
>Not for me. Income is up despite being retired. Newest house is the
>nicest one yet. Better toys, more fun. Typical result of working for a
>living and sweat equity. You couldn't have done as well but you sure
>could have done better than you have. For starters, you could have
>worked enough to earn a pension. But hey, you have your
>"conservatism," right? How does it taste? Is it a comforting
>substitute for a retirement income and property ownership?

Snicker..its a well known fact you are in a mental hospital and this
is about the only activity you get. Well...that and an imaginary
life.

So mental case...which "pension" should I have worked for? Ive worked
for hummm...5 companies in the past 45 yrs. None of them paid a
pension.

Cactus Drilling, 2 yrs, no pension offered
FCSO..6 yrs+/-..quit just before the crackdown...no pension for 6 yrs
+/- "part time"..level 1 Reserve, while working for Westside
Communications full time.
Westside Security/Westside Communications, 17 yrs, no pension
Diamond Jewelry and Loan, 2+ yrs, no pension
Cincinatti Time Equipment Co, 4 yrs, no pension offered
Coyote Engineering, 21 yrs and counting..chuckle..no pension

So tell me how working harder would have earned me a pension. From
whom? How much?
So I should have paid myself a pension, as I am the owner of Coyote
Engineering? Damn that might have been pretty tough to do,
particularly after 2008 when manufacturing went into the toilet...and
just coming up with enough gas money to go to a client and come home,
was an issue.

Should I have demanded they unionize and pay pensions? Really?

You Leftcoast, Leftwing mental cases had it far far too easy. But
then..thats why you are such cry babies.

Feel free to piss off. And worry about your own issues..like what
they are serving in the chow hall tonight , there at the Home.

Gunner

---

No Cars Go

Apr 10, 2017, 6:27:53 PM4/10/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 14:59:11 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 11:48:13 -0700, No Cars Go <A...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>>Life is like that.
>>
>>Not for me. Income is up despite being retired. Newest house is the
>>nicest one yet. Better toys, more fun. Typical result of working for a
>>living and sweat equity. You couldn't have done as well but you sure
>>could have done better than you have. For starters, you could have
>>worked enough to earn a pension. But hey, you have your
>>"conservatism," right? How does it taste? Is it a comforting
>>substitute for a retirement income and property ownership?

>which "pension" should I have worked for?

Any. SS at least.

> Ive worked
>for hummm...5 companies in the past 45 yrs. None of them paid a
>pension.

Another of your stupid choices. You sure make a lot of them.

>Coyote Engineering, 21 yrs and counting..chuckle..no pension

That's not a company. It's a hoarder with a truck... that doesn't
always run and have plates. Sanford and Son without the son. He says
he has precognition, yet curiously didn't foresee that being broke his
whole life would result in being broke in his old age. He also failed
to foresee that writing untold thousands of crackpot Usenet posts
would kill any chance of getting a real job.

>2008 when manufacturing went into the toilet.

Your lien records http://tinyurl.com/d7hkkp http://tinyurl.com/l68gh3
good times and bad. The first debt we know of that went to lien was
probably about 37 years ago. So it's not the economy, stupid.

Don't worry though. I think you can collect SS based on your spouse's
income. Oops, I guess there's a downside to being a family averse to
employment.

What's your backup plan? To sit at an off ramp and hold up a sign?

This broccoli has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus
software.

Gunner Asch

Apr 10, 2017, 7:03:57 PM4/10/17
It was pretty close. As I mentioned and gave the link to
PG&E...commonly known as Pacific Greed and Extortion, tarif and level
pricing.

I understand that some of the readers here are paying .04 cents a KwH.
Many are paying .14...I pay .35 KwH.

>>Anyone know anything about any of these gensets?
>
>>My my..Id sure love to have a $150 a month power bill these days. Its
>>up to nearly $500 a month now.
>
>Then you're an even bigger moron than anyone has ever given you credit
>for. You're either lying (most likely) or wasting energy. Either way,
>you're for damn sure no kind of electrician.

What..I should do something electrical to their accounting systems?
Hummm...and you were pissing and moaning about the fact I was asking
about gensets in this 12 yr old post. Has that changed now?

>>We pay over .35 cents a kilowatt hour here. The "baseline" is just
>>about enough to run a 60 watt bulb 8 hours a day.
>
>I know you don't realize it, but you just claimed that your baseline
>is about 15kWh per month. That's $5 at the rate you made up. Post the
>bill. You won't because you're full of shit, as usual.

Tier 1 Allowance 293 KWh
Additional Medical Baseline 476 KWh
------------
Total Tier 1 Allowance 769 KWh
Tier 1 Usage 769 KWh @ .19979 = $153.75
Tier 2 Usage 403 KWH @ .27612 = $111.39
Care Discount -98.22
Energy Commision Tax .34
Total for March $167.27

We are still blessed with winter rates and its been a mild winter, so
we didnt have to run the furnace much, saving on gas and power. My
gas bill was only $61.38 and the discount we got because of my wifes
medical condition helped. They knocked $100 off the bill which would
have been $267.27, during a very very mild month. That and the
medical baseline discount. Last year we were paying almost $500 this
time of the year. Im glad I got on her about filing. Her pride..my
wallet.

Tier 1 Allowance 49.01 Therms
Tier 1 Usage 49.010001 Therms @ $1.28967 $63.21
Tier 2 Usage 4.9900000 Therms @ $1.82246 9.09
CARE discount 14.44
CSI Solar Thermal Exemption -0.13
Gas PPP Surcharge 3.65
-----------
$61.38

December and January our power bills were $275 and $315, with gas
being up around $125 each month. They were of course, colder.

We have replaced all of our lightbulbs with either LED or Compact
Floursents and I have done ZERO work out in the shop since November.
Never turned on a machine tool nor a welder until 5 days ago. Ran a
drill press and a grinder a couple times..but nothing that takes any
juice. Also didnt turn on any of the computers very often. Take
that back..I did run my aluminum MIG about 6 hours in Feb, but was
running it off one of the gensets (yes..I did get gensets in the past
12 yrs...you fucking putz....LOL)

It helps that we get a discount (now) because of my wifes disability
issues. Shrug. I should have filed for permanant disability back in
2009 after the stroke. Hospital staff and the caseworkers pleaded with
me to do that. I turned em down. Dumb...but my pride got in the
way..and I wasnt thinking very clearly after the stroke. Dumb indeed.

Now how much did you spend on power last month and what was your
useage? Oh..thats right...you dont pay for power. The nice taxpayer
provides you with a ceiling light and a couple outlets to plug your
clock radio and maybe an electric razor into. They dont allow blade
razors in your wing of the Home. Too much danger of you killing
yourself or killing staff.

I cant wait for Summer Rates to kick in and what is now Tier 2 to
become Tier 3 at $0.35-37 a KWh. Plus the new increased gasoline
costs. No taxpayers were involved in that lil swipe at the wallet.
Going to be interesting to see how hard the Leftists can penalize the
poor working class...to feed the illegal aliens.

And to keep the mental health issues (not in California..they are
living on the street here) locked up in your neck of the woods..at
taxpayers expense.

I drive by this one 2-4 times a week. Its almost 2 miles long now....

http://www.ocregister.com/2016/08/26/as-homeless-encampments-swell-orange-county-to-close-2-miles-of-road-along-santa-ana-river/

And its not the only one..far from it.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-homeless-encampments-20150125-story.html

http://www.latimes.com/nation/82622756-157.html

So I consider myself blessed to have a hot and a cot and 4 legged
friends to help share the load. And a faithful customer base who calls
only me when they need service. The wife, who is medically disabled,
finally filed for SSI and will be getting her first check next month.
$627 a month. Of course she will have to pay taxes on that...shrug

Im waiting until Im 70 before filing, so Ill get the maximum amount
possible I qualify for. About $1500 a month. plus/minus, at this
moment. And of course Ill keep working as long as I can do the job.

And you ...will keep posting from a mental health hospital and
sucking up taxpayers money. Each to their own. If you had any stones
or morals..you would have killed yourself by now, just to take
yourself off the taxpayers back.

Gunner

>Your baseline price is probably about 20 cents for the first about
>300kWh. Which would be good deal if you weren't such an idiot.
>
>Why not clear it up with a photo of your bill? LOL
>
>This potato has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.

---

Jim Wilkins

Apr 10, 2017, 7:33:42 PM4/10/17
"Gunner Asch" <gunne...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Tier 1 Usage 769 KWh @ .19979 =
> $153.75
> Tier 2 Usage 403 KWH @ .27612 =
> $111.39

That's a constant 24/7 load of 1.6 KW!

Gunner Asch

Apr 10, 2017, 8:18:08 PM4/10/17
Thats the result of having s Smart Meter installed. 3rd time they
have replaced it as well. The second time, it burst into flames and
melted down part of my remote meter pedistal.
We were watching TV and poof..suddenly all the power went out.. The
dogs were going nuts out back so I ran out with a flashlight and
shotgunl, thinking someone had tried doing something..only to find
flames coming from the meter pedistal. I grabbed one of the many fire
extinguishers I have scattered around and hosed it down. Still stinks
back there. Called PG&E support..they showed up 8 hours later

First time they replaced it...they had to retroactively credit my
account for $900...this after me having spray painted the old style
meter black. Couldnt be read without an x-ray machine. For almost a
year. Got summer rates all year around that year.

. Last time..I dont remember...oh yeah..they put in a different brand
of Smart Meter. No fires as of yet..but Im tired of fighting with the
power company.

We run (2) computers and (4) compact florescent bulbs nearly 24 hrs a
day. Thats all. Plus we use a gas dryer..after tossing the perfectly
good electric dryer which was costing us huge money.

Keep in mind..there are ZERO incandescent bulbs in our home. I have a
couple trouble lights in the rack with filiment bulbs in them..but
they only get used maybe an hour or 2 a month. At most.
Everything is florescent tubes or CF.

Welcome to Pacific Greed and Extortion.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=palemoon&q=pacific+gas+and+electric+complaints&ia=web

Read a few of the complaint sites. Its typical.

I have a buddy with a huge machine shop in Chino, California..who uses
So Cal Edison..whose electric bills are SMALLER than my summer
residential bill. He has a number of 50 hp mills in his shop.
Shrug.
In the summer time..we run a 3./4 hp motor in the swamp cooler 24/7.

Ouch. But its cheaper than air conditioning at these rates.

Gunner

No Cars Go

Apr 10, 2017, 8:24:49 PM4/10/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 16:03:52 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
No. $150 of electricity at $.20 per kWh and 4kW average load would be
187 hours of welding, Mr. Phony Electrician.

>I understand that some of the readers here are paying .04 cents a KwH.

No. But even if they were, so what? It doesn't affect your inability
to calculate basic power cost, or your lie about being an electrician.

>>>We pay over .35 cents a kilowatt hour here. The "baseline" is just
>>>about enough to run a 60 watt bulb 8 hours a day.
>>
>>I know you don't realize it, but you just claimed that your baseline
>>is about 15kWh per month. That's $5 at the rate you made up. Post the
>>bill. You won't because you're full of shit, as usual.
>
>Tier 1 Allowance 293 KWh

So, nearly exactly the 300 I predicted, and enough to light a 60 Watt
bulb for near 5000 hours. Not the 240 you claimed. Did you go to
school at all, ever?

>Additional Medical Baseline 476 KWh
> ------------
>Total Tier 1 Allowance 769 KWh

A total of nearly the national average for household energy use. And
at very close to the $0.20 per kWh I predicted. Quite affordable, yet
you make up a stupid complaint about being a victim.

>Tier 1 Usage 769 KWh @ .19979 = $153.75
>Tier 2 Usage 403 KWH @ .27612 = $111.39

You are using waaaay more than I do, even though I'm living in a
palace compared to you, and heating nearly 4000 sq ft where there's a
real winter. That's for EVERYTHING, as in, no gas. But then I have
real insulation and triple glazing and an air to water heat pump.
Things you could have afforded if you had a job, and didn't waste
money on cigarettes and soda.

>Care Discount -98.22

More charity for the freeloaders!

>Energy Commision Tax .34
>Total for March $167.27

You are a lucky dog to be getting discounts even though you're using
electricity like it's free, and pretending to be a victim.

>We are still blessed with winter rates and its been a mild winter, so
>we didnt have to run the furnace much, saving on gas and power. My
>gas bill was only $61.38 and the discount we got because of my wifes
>medical condition helped. They knocked $100 off the bill which would
>have been $267.27, during a very very mild month.

Jesus fucking Christ, do you have any shame at all? You sit there
pounding out complaints about high power bills while wasting power you
can't afford even with a ton of charity. You boast about owning
sailboats at the very same time you're freeloading on both the gas and
electric ratepowers!

> I have done ZERO work out in the shop since November.

What a shock. And isn't that the same period you claimed to be
"rebuilding" vehicles?

>Also didnt turn on any of the computers very often.

LOL No, both you and your wife are on the computer a LOT. Your
Facebook and Usenet habits tell the tale.

>I cant wait for Summer Rates to kick in and what is now Tier 2 to
>become Tier 3 at $0.35-37 a KWh. Plus the new increased gasoline
>costs. No taxpayers were involved in that lil swipe at the wallet.
>Going to be interesting to see how hard the Leftists can penalize the
>poor working class...to feed the illegal aliens.

You are a damned fool to be blaming anyone but yourself for your
predicament. You are clearly freeloading big time. A person of normal
intelligence could have learned how to do an energy audit in a
fraction of the time you waste on Usenet in a single week. Then you'd
be able to figure out where the waste is going, and wouldn't be here
advertising your mental disability. But you don't have normal
intelligence, right?

>So I consider myself blessed to have a hot and a cot and 4 legged
>friends to help share the load.

Oh yeah, blessed. No hope, sleeping in a truck, culling leftists in
your dreams. LOL

> The wife, who is medically disabled,
>finally filed for SSI

No, she filed years ago and was denied. At least, that's the story you
told then.

> and will be getting her first check next month.
>$627 a month.

More freeloading! But shazaam, you two will finally be able to buy
your smokes by the carton. You'll still be broke though, because folks
like you are experts at waste.

> Of course she will have to pay taxes on that...shrug

Not much, if any. You two continue to be a giant drain on taxpayers.

>Im waiting until Im 70 before filing, so Ill get the maximum amount
>possible I qualify for. About $1500 a month. plus/minus, at this
>moment.

In a just world you'd be given a bottle of sleeping pills and a map to
the freeloaders graveyard.

This box of Crackerjacks has been checked for viruses by Avast
antivirus software.

No Cars Go

Apr 10, 2017, 8:32:47 PM4/10/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 19:35:30 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
<murat...@gmail.com> wrote:

It's a lot for a mobile with gas heating. He's some kind of
incompetent "electrician" to fail to figure it out. He's probably
running one or more space heaters or some such, and is too stupid to
realize how much it costs. And he's an ungrateful freeloader to
pretend he's a victim when in reality, his rates aren't high at all,
and the ratepayers are subsidizing his waste big time.

No Cars Go

Apr 10, 2017, 8:38:47 PM4/10/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 17:18:04 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 19:35:30 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
><murat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>"Gunner Asch" <gunne...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Tier 1 Usage 769 KWh @ .19979 =
>>> $153.75
>>> Tier 2 Usage 403 KWH @ .27612 =
>>> $111.39
>>
>>That's a constant 24/7 load of 1.6 KW!
>>

>Thats the result of having s Smart Meter installed.

No, it isn't. Your energy use is about the national average, but way
too much considering you have gas heat. And in typical Wieber fashion,
you have to make up a boogey man to explain your incompetence.

Jim Wilkins

Apr 10, 2017, 9:20:30 PM4/10/17

"Gunner Asch" <gunne...@gmail.com> wrote in message
https://www.amazon.com/bayite-BAYITE-PZEM-061-Multimeter-Voltmeter-Transformer/dp/B00YY1KOHA

Larry Jaques

Apr 10, 2017, 9:22:49 PM4/10/17
wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 07:49:49 -0700, No Cars Go <A...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>It's only been 13 years since you wrote "I will be quitting smoking
>>(or trying really hard)" How's that going?
>
>Ive quite 4 times since then. Still working on it.

Quitting smoking is very simple. Cut down so it limits your body's
withdrawal symptoms when you quit. [I quit at half a pack a day, a
3/4 reduction from my (Egad!) 2+ packs a day habit. IIRC, you smoke
that or more.]

Then simply make the _decision_ to stop smoking. That is the very
simple key. Once you've made the decision, it turns into a one-time
thing. I quit and stayed quit for 29 years now. Ditto alcohol, going
on 32 years (July 10th).

--
Newman's First Law:
It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down.

Eric Trump

Apr 10, 2017, 9:55:25 PM4/10/17
On 4/10/2017 11:13 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 07:49:49 -0700, No Cars Go <A...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 21:48:23 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> One bill at a time. (Grin)
>>
>> Nope. The record will continue to tell the tale of your inability to
>> escape poverty.
>
> (VBG)

<chuckle>

>>> I got the Ranger up and running today finally, and this week it will
>>> be smogged and tagged. With some luck, I can do the same for Moby
>>> Dick, my big white E350 van at the same time.
>>
>> Hahahaha! Bragging about maybe getting old junk back on the road.
>
> (VBG)

<chuckle>

>>> Then comes the transmission rebuild for the Venture.
>>
>> Did you ever think of owning one good vehicle instead of a fleet of
>> junk?
>
> (VBG)

<chuckle>

>>> After that..Ill worry about paying off my back taxes.
>>
>> No. It's useless to lie about that. You already told us
>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/rec.crafts.metalworking/eHONhUwqdI4/9RONLpH5EAAJ
>> "I choose to not pay my property taxes, and only do so when forced to
>> do so."
>
> Yes?

So, you just got caught in another lie.

>>> I see that California is raising gas taxes another .12 cents
>>
>> Yup. Damn those leftists and their pothole filling schemes, right?
>
> Ayup.

<chuckle>

>>> and just tacked on $2 to each pack of cigarettes.
>>
>> It's only been 13 years since you wrote "I will be quitting smoking
>> (or trying really hard)" How's that going?
>
> Ive quite 4 times since then.

<chuckle>

>> You absorbed hundreds of thousands in healthcare, and you can't be
>> bothered to the do one simple thing to help yourself.

<chuckle>

>>> With a bit of
>>> luck..the move to Calexit will happen and they can go fuck themselves
>>> nicely.
>>
>> Oh sure, that will solve the financial problem of freeloaders like
>> you.
>
> (VBG)
> How could I be a freeloader? I dont vote Democrat.

I never lie [sic]. Its not in my nature. Of course, while I AM a
Democrat..
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.california/bzyURE1njyc/lIENeDD19Z4J

<chuckle> You *always* lie, gummer, and you always get caught when you
lie.

>>> I figure you all will be dead in less than 5 yrs, shrug..
>>
>> What, ANOTHER 5 years!? What happened to all your previous
>> predictions?
>
> Some came true, some didnt. Life goes on.
>>
>>> It will be fascinating to watch.
>>
>> .... you continue to circle the drain.
>
> Life is like that.

*Your* life certainly is, loser.

Jerry Buchanan

Apr 10, 2017, 10:00:14 PM4/10/17
On 4/10/2017 2:59 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 11:48:13 -0700, No Cars Go <A...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> Life is like that.
>>
>> Not for me. Income is up despite being retired. Newest house is the
>> nicest one yet. Better toys, more fun. Typical result of working for a
>> living and sweat equity. You couldn't have done as well but you sure
>> could have done better than you have. For starters, you could have
>> worked enough to earn a pension. But hey, you have your
>> "conservatism," right? How does it taste? Is it a comforting
>> substitute for a retirement income and property ownership?
>
> Snicker..its a well known fact you are in a mental hospital and

No, it's a well-known fact that when you say that, you have conceded defeat.

> So mental case...which "pension" should I have worked for? Ive worked
> for hummm...5 companies in the past 45 yrs. None of them paid a
> pension.
>
> Cactus Drilling, 2 yrs, no pension offered
> FCSO..6 yrs+/-..quit just before the crackdown...no pension for 6 yrs
> +/- "part time"..level 1 Reserve, while working for Westside
> Communications full time.
> Westside Security/Westside Communications, 17 yrs, no pension
> Diamond Jewelry and Loan, 2+ yrs, no pension
> Cincinatti Time Equipment Co, 4 yrs, no pension offered
> Coyote Engineering, 21 yrs and counting..chuckle..no pension

Scrounger: most people accumulate most of their pension in the form of
their *own* contributions to 401(k) plans. Or, if they're so-called
"contractors" as you claim to be, and as I actually *was* for 22+ years,
they make their own pension contributions entirely from their own
business revenue. I did that for all those 22 years, ending about a
dozen years ago, and it has grown about halfway to seven figures -
hardly a fortune, but a damned sight more than you've made in your
entire life.

Pipewrench Peterson

Apr 10, 2017, 10:09:25 PM4/10/17
Only a leftist would talk like that.

Rudy Canoza

Apr 10, 2017, 10:48:40 PM4/10/17
On 4/10/2017 6:22 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 11:13:48 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 07:49:49 -0700, No Cars Go <A...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> It's only been 13 years since you wrote "I will be quitting smoking
>>> (or trying really hard)" How's that going?
>>
>> Ive quite 4 times since then. Still working on it.
>
> Quitting smoking is very simple. Cut down so it limits your body's
> withdrawal symptoms when you quit. [I quit at half a pack a day, a
> 3/4 reduction from my (Egad!) 2+ packs a day habit. IIRC, you smoke
> that or more.]
>
> Then simply make the _decision_ to stop smoking. That is the very
> simple key. Once you've made the decision, it turns into a one-time
> thing. I quit and stayed quit for 29 years now. Ditto alcohol, going
> on 32 years (July 10th).

My older brother started smoking at age 18 or 19 and continued for about
40 years. Then he just quit, about nine years ago. I don't know if he
had some kind of scare or not. My sister also smokes, and is now about
the same age my brother was when he quit, but I don't think she ever
will. Lots of talk about it, but the "timing" never seems to be right.

Elizabeth Boudreaux

Apr 10, 2017, 10:52:21 PM4/10/17
On 4/10/2017 11:13 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 07:49:49 -0700, No Cars Go <A...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> It's only been 13 years since you wrote "I will be quitting smoking
>> (or trying really hard)" How's that going?
>
> Ive quite [sic] 4 times since then. Still working on it.

You'll never quit (nor quite, either).

Rudy Canoza

Apr 11, 2017, 12:38:23 AM4/11/17
On 4/5/2017 7:35 PM, raykeller wrote:
> From: Gunner Asch <Gumne...@econolinevan.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
> Subject: Re: Trump reduces cost of smokes
> Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 15:20:50 -0700
> alt.survival:245601

Ooohhh...you showed him, didn't you, keeler, you squat-to-piss fruit rabbit?

> "Gunner Asch" <Gumne...@econolinevan.net> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 13:35:49 -0700, Mike Colangelo <air@vatican_.con>
>> wrote:

>>> Cite?
>>
>> Ok you want proof? I will get it from some of my Facebook friends.
>> Several of the members of that august list..are computer wienies at
>> the top of very large high tech companies.. People who are very very
>> good about finding out Stuff about fools on the internet. One, is
>> an ex marine..combat marine...<VBG>(though many are ex military or ex
>> law enforcement or both) and doesnt deal well with fools...and he is
>> extraordinary with High Tech stuff. Which is why his hobby is building
>> guitars and such. Gives him low tech time to rest his brain from his
>> daily grind of owning his own high tech company.
>>
>> Now one or more of them will report to me, who you are, and where you
>> live, and whether or not I posted the message in question. And Ill
>> pass along that information to other friends who generally dont have
>> their pictures on facebook for various reasons.
>> <VBG>
>>
>> For some..the Great Cull may..may come early.

Rudy Canoza

Apr 11, 2017, 12:39:17 AM4/11/17
On 4/6/2017 1:36 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Apr 2017 20:59:12 -0700, Winston_Smith
> <inv...@butterfly.net> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 19:35:19 -0700, raykeller@looser_losers.com wrote:

>> Ray continues to impress the world with his cut and paste skills.
>
> I contniue to impress the world with my various gay sex acts.

No, no one is impressed, impotent gummer. Everyone knows you're only on
the receiving end.

Gunner Asch

Apr 11, 2017, 1:42:04 AM4/11/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 19:00:13 -0700, Jerry Buchanan
<some.fucking...@douchebags.r.us> wrote:

>>> Not for me. Income is up despite being retired. Newest house is the
>>> nicest one yet. Better toys, more fun. Typical result of working for a
>>> living and sweat equity. You couldn't have done as well but you sure
>>> could have done better than you have. For starters, you could have
>>> worked enough to earn a pension. But hey, you have your
>>> "conservatism," right? How does it taste? Is it a comforting
>>> substitute for a retirement income and property ownership?
>>
>> Snicker..its a well known fact you are in a mental hospital and
>
>No, it's a well-known fact that when you say that, you have conceded defeat.

What...you are desperately hoping Ill stop? Aint happening. (VBG)

>> So mental case...which "pension" should I have worked for? Ive worked
>> for hummm...5 companies in the past 45 yrs. None of them paid a
>> pension.
>>
>> Cactus Drilling, 2 yrs, no pension offered
>> FCSO..6 yrs+/-..quit just before the crackdown...no pension for 6 yrs
>> +/- "part time"..level 1 Reserve, while working for Westside
>> Communications full time.
>> Westside Security/Westside Communications, 17 yrs, no pension
>> Diamond Jewelry and Loan, 2+ yrs, no pension
>> Cincinatti Time Equipment Co, 4 yrs, no pension offered
>> Coyote Engineering, 21 yrs and counting..chuckle..no pension
>
>Scrounger: most people accumulate most of their pension in the form of
>their *own* contributions to 401(k) plans. Or, if they're so-called
>"contractors" as you claim to be, and as I actually *was* for 22+ years,
>they make their own pension contributions entirely from their own
>business revenue. I did that for all those 22 years, ending about a
>dozen years ago, and it has grown about halfway to seven figures -
>hardly a fortune, but a damned sight more than you've made in your
>entire life.

Some people can do that..others cant. I spent about $250k getting my
kid off meth. That wasnt chump change I put into his health and
welfare. And I dont even like the little shit.
Life goes on. Im poor, your in a mental ward...shrug. Maybe on the
next turn of the cosmic wheel we will both do better.

Gunner Asch

Apr 11, 2017, 1:46:04 AM4/11/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 18:22:53 -0700, Larry Jaques
<lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 11:13:48 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 07:49:49 -0700, No Cars Go <A...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>>It's only been 13 years since you wrote "I will be quitting smoking
>>>(or trying really hard)" How's that going?
>>
>>Ive quite 4 times since then. Still working on it.
>
>Quitting smoking is very simple. Cut down so it limits your body's
>withdrawal symptoms when you quit. [I quit at half a pack a day, a
>3/4 reduction from my (Egad!) 2+ packs a day habit. IIRC, you smoke
>that or more.]

Nope..Ive smoked (1) pack a day for 40 yrs. No more, no less.
Ive been to every clinic I can find, ever self help session etc etc.
Closest I came was with hypnosis. And Ill try that again when I can
afford it. Ill just make sure to get repeated follow ups.

>Then simply make the _decision_ to stop smoking. That is the very
>simple key. Once you've made the decision, it turns into a one-time
>thing. I quit and stayed quit for 29 years now. Ditto alcohol, going
>on 32 years (July 10th).

You were an alky as I recall. Ive never much cared for booze, so
seldom drink. I occasionally..maybe 4-6 times a year with
company..have a cordial of Kalua after a good meal. I ran out last
August, and havent bought another bottle. I never seem to get around
to it.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Apr 11, 2017, 1:48:16 AM4/11/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 18:55:26 -0700, Eric Trump
<i.hate.w...@we.all.do> wrote:

>> (VBG)
>> How could I be a freeloader? I dont vote Democrat.
>

> I never lie [sic]. Its not in my nature. Of course, while I AM a
>Democrat..
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.california/bzyURE1njyc/lIENeDD19Z4J

You are a Democrat..proven fact... because you always lie.

""Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because
Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry"

Gunner Asch

Apr 11, 2017, 1:49:06 AM4/11/17
Cites?

You will never get out of the hospital, (nor quite, either)

Snicker

Jerry Buchanan

Apr 11, 2017, 1:52:37 AM4/11/17
On 4/10/2017 10:42 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 19:00:13 -0700, Jerry Buchanan
> <some.fucking...@douchebags.r.us> wrote:

>>> Snicker..its a well known fact you are in a mental hospital and
>>
>> No, it's a well-known fact that when you say that, you have conceded defeat.
>
> What

Yes.

>>> So mental case...which "pension" should I have worked for? Ive worked
>>> for hummm...5 companies in the past 45 yrs. None of them paid a
>>> pension.
>>>
>>> Cactus Drilling, 2 yrs, no pension offered
>>> FCSO..6 yrs+/-..quit just before the crackdown...no pension for 6 yrs
>>> +/- "part time"..level 1 Reserve, while working for Westside
>>> Communications full time.
>>> Westside Security/Westside Communications, 17 yrs, no pension
>>> Diamond Jewelry and Loan, 2+ yrs, no pension
>>> Cincinatti Time Equipment Co, 4 yrs, no pension offered
>>> Coyote Engineering, 21 yrs and counting..chuckle..no pension
>>
>> Scrounger: most people accumulate most of their pension in the form of
>> their *own* contributions to 401(k) plans. Or, if they're so-called
>> "contractors" as you claim to be, and as I actually *was* for 22+ years,
>> they make their own pension contributions entirely from their own
>> business revenue. I did that for all those 22 years, ending about a
>> dozen years ago, and it has grown about halfway to seven figures -
>> hardly a fortune, but a damned sight more than you've made in your
>> entire life.
>
> Some people can do that..others cant.

Virtually *anyone* can do it, gummer (scrounger), but you can't.

> I spent about $250k getting mykid off meth.

Bullshit

* he isn't off meth
* you have barely earned that much money in your entire life,
and most of it has been spent on backyard dog breeding

Gunner Asch

Apr 11, 2017, 1:54:03 AM4/11/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:22:21 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
???

That is what I use in my sailboats. DC version anyways.

What am I missing?

I need to buy a "kill-a-watt" meter

http://www.degreedays.net/kill-a-watt-meter

But Ive replaced virtually every electrical applience in the house,
from the chest freezer to the double door fridge, to the TV and
stereos etc etc in the past couple years. Not much change in my bill
either up or down.

Shrug

Derek LaHousse

Apr 11, 2017, 1:54:06 AM4/11/17
On 4/10/2017 10:46 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 18:22:53 -0700, Larry Jaques
> <lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 11:13:48 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Ive quite 4 times since then. Still working on it.
>>
>> Quitting smoking is very simple. Cut down so it limits your body's
>> withdrawal symptoms when you quit. [I quit at half a pack a day, a
>> 3/4 reduction from my (Egad!) 2+ packs a day habit. IIRC, you smoke
>> that or more.]
>
> Nope..Ive smoked (1) pack a day for 40 yrs. No more, no less.
> Ive been to every clinic I can find, ever self help session etc etc.
> Closest I came was with hypnosis. And Ill try that again when I can
> afford it. Ill just make sure to get repeated follow ups.
>>
>> Then simply make the _decision_ to stop smoking. That is the very
>> simple key. Once you've made the decision, it turns into a one-time
>> thing. I quit and stayed quit for 29 years now. Ditto alcohol, going
>> on 32 years (July 10th).
>
> You were an alky as I recall.

<chortle> Way to butter up your "friends", gummer. <chortle>

Gunner Asch

Apr 11, 2017, 1:54:59 AM4/11/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 19:09:25 -0700, Pipewrench Peterson <p...@ua.org>
wrote:

>>> Hahahaha! An extra $150 "the minute I turn a welder on."
>>
>> It was pretty close. As I mentioned and gave the link to
>> PG&E...commonly known as Pacific Greed and Extortion,
>
>Only a leftist would keep changing his nym.

We know..we know very well.

Eric Trump

Apr 11, 2017, 1:55:44 AM4/11/17
On 4/10/2017 10:48 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 18:55:26 -0700, Eric Trump
> <i.hate.w...@we.all.do> wrote:
>
>>> (VBG)
>>> How could I be a freeloader? I dont vote Democrat.
>>

>> I never lie [sic]. Its not in my nature. Of course, while I AM a Democrat..
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.california/bzyURE1njyc/lIENeDD19Z4J
>
> You are a Democrat

*YOU* are a Democrat, gummer - proved (not 'proven' - <chortle>) fact.
You said so. You're hosed, o leftist gummer.

Elizabeth Boudreaux

Apr 11, 2017, 2:03:12 AM4/11/17
On 4/10/2017 10:49 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 19:52:21 -0700, Elizabeth Boudreaux
> <anothe...@jeanerette.la> wrote:

>>> Ive quite [sic] 4 times since then. Still working on it.
>>
>> You'll never quit (nor quite, either).
>
> Cites?

<chortle> You will never realize how stupid that proves you to be, will
you?

Prof. Boudreaux: "I like Thai food."

scrounger Wieber: "Cites?"

LOL! Keep at it, gummer - never stop. You have no idea how much mirth
this brings.

Eric Trump

Apr 11, 2017, 2:04:00 AM4/11/17
> But Ive replaced virtually every electrical applience in the house

LOL!

Pipewrench Peterson

Apr 11, 2017, 2:05:10 AM4/11/17
On 4/10/2017 10:54 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

>>> It was pretty close. As I mentioned and gave the link to
>>> PG&E...commonly known as Pacific Greed and Extortion,
>>
>> Only a leftist would talk like that.
>
> We know

Yes, we do, comrade Wieber.

<chortle>

Jim Wilkins

Apr 11, 2017, 7:48:59 AM4/11/17
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:22:21 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
> <murat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I need to buy a "kill-a-watt" meter
>
> http://www.degreedays.net/kill-a-watt-meter

That site explains the differences pretty well. I prefer the P4460 to
log appliance consumption and cost because it stores the readings when
unplugged, so I don't have to juggle it, a flashlight, a notepad and a
pencil to record them. The 4400's simpler menu interface is more
convenient for bench testing.

I wired the 20A version of that Bayite meter into an outlet strip, on
an extension cable. Both have magnets on the back so the strip can be
out of the way on the side of an appliance and the readout easily
visible on the front. The pull of the cord tends to drag an eye-level
Kill-A-Watt out of the outlet.

The competing AmWatt is OK for purely resistive heaters but useless
with motors.

-jsw

No Cars Go

Apr 11, 2017, 10:06:06 AM4/11/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 22:42:02 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I spent about $250k getting my kid off meth.

No. Your first lien was filed about the time your kid was born, and
you've been broke ever since. The $250k lie is like all the others -
an incompetent excuse feebly trying to defend your life of poverty.

This bowl of Cheerios has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus
software.

Larry Jaques

Apr 11, 2017, 10:16:02 AM4/11/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 22:46:00 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 18:22:53 -0700, Larry Jaques
><lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 11:13:48 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Ive quite 4 times since then. Still working on it.
>>
>>Quitting smoking is very simple. Cut down so it limits your body's
>>withdrawal symptoms when you quit. [I quit at half a pack a day, a
>>3/4 reduction from my (Egad!) 2+ packs a day habit. IIRC, you smoke
>>that or more.]
>
>Nope..Ive smoked (1) pack a day for 40 yrs. No more, no less.
>Ive been to every clinic I can find, ever self help session etc etc.
>Closest I came was with hypnosis. And Ill try that again when I can
>afford it. Ill just make sure to get repeated follow ups.

Why waste money when you can make a simple decision? <hint> It'll be
harder with other smokers in the house, but doable. I would have come
by and given you shit about it personally, but you never got back to
me. <g> I was pet-sitting for my sister for a week with a pair of
characters. Sophia (the cat) and Soren (the love bird) were a riot,
especially when Soren was out of his cage.

>>Then simply make the _decision_ to stop smoking. That is the very
>>simple key. Once you've made the decision, it turns into a one-time
>>thing. I quit and stayed quit for 29 years now. Ditto alcohol, going
>>on 32 years (July 10th).
>
>You were an alky as I recall. Ive never much cared for booze, so
>seldom drink. I occasionally..maybe 4-6 times a year with
>company..have a cordial of Kalua after a good meal. I ran out last
>August, and havent bought another bottle. I never seem to get around
>to it.

Ayup, I was a functional alcoholic, continuing to work full time until
I sobered up. Most of my friends in AA had much, much lower bottoms.

No Cars Go

Apr 11, 2017, 10:20:52 AM4/11/17
wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 18:22:53 -0700, Larry Jaques
><lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 11:13:48 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Ive quite 4 times since then. Still working on it.
>>
>>Quitting smoking is very simple. Cut down so it limits your body's
>>withdrawal symptoms when you quit. [I quit at half a pack a day, a
>>3/4 reduction from my (Egad!) 2+ packs a day habit. IIRC, you smoke
>>that or more.]

Man, never thought I'd see the day that Larry Jaques wrote something
sensible.

>Nope..Ive smoked (1) pack a day for 40 yrs. No more, no less.

No. Jaques just ratted you out. It's probably 3 packs a day between
you and your wife.

Do you know how much smoking costs you? Here, read it and weep.
http://www.lifehack.org/articles/money/saving-5-dollar-a-day-change-your-life.html
The money you wasted on a lifetime of smoking could have bought you a
real house! Add the money you've wasted on soda and junk food and it
adds up to the difference between a normal middle class life, and your
sorry existence.

>Ive been to every clinic I can find, ever self help session etc etc.
>Closest I came was with hypnosis.

LOL No. The only time you come close to "quitting" is when you can't
afford to buy smokes.

> And Ill try that again when I can
>afford it.

Another thing you're going to do "someday." Like house repairs, buy
property, license vehicles... all the things normal people do as they
go rather than talk about doing.

> Ill just make sure to get repeated follow ups.

No. You need to take Jaques advice... should you ever become man
enough.

>You were an alky as I recall.

Way to win friends, Wieber. Whatever he was, obviously he can do many
useful things you cannot. For example, he probably owns a real home
and land. He probably has pension income. He probably pays his bills.

>This vase of tulips has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.

No Cars Go

Apr 11, 2017, 10:24:23 AM4/11/17
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 07:50:48 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
<murat...@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Gunner Asch" <gunne...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:22:21 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
>> <murat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> I need to buy a "kill-a-watt" meter
>>
>> http://www.degreedays.net/kill-a-watt-meter
>>

>That site explains the differences pretty well. I prefer the P4460

No device can help Wieber. He has time to lie about being an
electrician, and to complain about being a victim, but none to learn
how to do simple calculations or how to identify what is surely easy
to find waste. In fact, the power company would probably do it for
him, which given Wieber's freeloader instincts, ought to be an obvious
solution. But that wouldn't work either. The power company guy would
tell Wieber the obvious. But Wieber wouldn't listen because he'd be
too busy denying and telling stories, explaining the great smart meter
conspiracy, promising to someday buy a generator, etc etc.

Larry Jaques

Apr 11, 2017, 10:24:39 AM4/11/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 22:53:59 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:
You need to replace them with the -newest- models to get energy
savings. Refurb '53 Maytags and Kenmores need not apply. ;)

Do you have LED floods outside? Plug-in heaters?
That swamp cooler uses prolly 500w/hr x24 each day of the summer.
Are you using electricity when it's cheapest? I've already told
Pacific Power that I will never allow them to install an electronic
meter on my house. Time of use will kill ya, especially in GrayOut
Davisland.

No Cars Go

Apr 11, 2017, 10:49:09 AM4/11/17
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 07:24:45 -0700, Larry Jaques
<lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 22:53:59 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:22:21 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
>><murat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"Gunner Asch" <gunne...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>What am I missing?
>>
>>I need to buy a "kill-a-watt" meter
>>
>>http://www.degreedays.net/kill-a-watt-meter
>>
>>But Ive replaced virtually every electrical applience in the house,
>>from the chest freezer to the double door fridge, to the TV and
>>stereos etc etc in the past couple years. Not much change in my bill
>>either up or down.
>>
>>Shrug
>
>You need to replace them with the -newest- models to get energy
>savings. Refurb '53 Maytags and Kenmores need not apply. ;)

No. His waste is probably more obvious, like...

> Plug-in heaters?

You betcha' He will say that he hardly uses them, yada yada.

>That swamp cooler uses prolly 500w/hr x24 each day of the summer.

Probably more than that. And it probably works poorly, and he probably
supplements it with a bunch of old fans. And has a bunch of four
legged 100W heaters running around.

> I've already told
>Pacific Power that I will never allow them to install an electronic
>meter on my house.

LOL Don't forget the chemtrails, nitwit.

> Time of use will kill ya, especially in GrayOut Davisland.

No. Wieber gets loads of cheap power. No scapegoats are required to
explain his problem. The cause is that he's the Amazing Wieber,
incompetent at EVERYTHING.

Gunner Asch

Apr 11, 2017, 12:52:12 PM4/11/17
Larry is a wonderful man, a good friend one Im proud as fuck to
consider me as a friend. And as he stated..he has been dry for 32
yrs. A testiment to his strength of charector and soul.

Im proud as hell to consider him a friend. And we have actually met
several times. I hope we meet again. I have a milling machine
waiting for him to come pick up.

You on the other hand..are obviously gutter trash of the worst sort.
Playing with you is like poking a big ol garden slug with a stick.

Shrug

Gunner Asch

Apr 11, 2017, 12:53:07 PM4/11/17
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 23:03:11 -0700, Elizabeth Boudreaux
<anothe...@jeanerette.la> wrote:

>>> You'll never quit (nor quite, either).
>>
>> Cites?
>
><chortle> You will never realize how stupid that proves you to be, will
>you?

Failure to provide cites simply shows folks how mentally ill you
really are.

No Cars Go

Apr 11, 2017, 1:04:09 PM4/11/17
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 09:52:05 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Im proud as hell to consider him a friend. And we have actually met
>several times. I hope we meet again. I have a milling machine
>waiting for him to come pick up.

He gets free junk, and you get, what exactly? A few weakly kind words
from a paid sycophant. Let us know if you ever find a sucke...er,
friend who'll loan you rent money.

This bottle of beer has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus
software.

Gunner Asch

Apr 11, 2017, 1:42:49 PM4/11/17
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 07:16:05 -0700, Larry Jaques
I replied to you (2x) and invited you to come down. And told you to
bring the truck so we could load up the mill. I had assumed that your
jaunt went aglay.

>>>Then simply make the _decision_ to stop smoking. That is the very
>>>simple key. Once you've made the decision, it turns into a one-time
>>>thing. I quit and stayed quit for 29 years now. Ditto alcohol, going
>>>on 32 years (July 10th).
>>
>>You were an alky as I recall. Ive never much cared for booze, so
>>seldom drink. I occasionally..maybe 4-6 times a year with
>>company..have a cordial of Kalua after a good meal. I ran out last
>>August, and havent bought another bottle. I never seem to get around
>>to it.
>
>Ayup, I was a functional alcoholic, continuing to work full time until
>I sobered up. Most of my friends in AA had much, much lower bottoms.

I respect that in you.

Now about cleaning out the garage so you can do some work out
there......snicker....

(Grin)

Gunner Asch

Apr 11, 2017, 1:45:36 PM4/11/17
<murat...@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Gunner Asch" <gunne...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:22:21 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
>> <murat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> I need to buy a "kill-a-watt" meter
>>
>> http://www.degreedays.net/kill-a-watt-meter
>>

>That site explains the differences pretty well. I prefer the P4460 to
>log appliance consumption and cost because it stores the readings when
>unplugged, so I don't have to juggle it, a flashlight, a notepad and a
>pencil to record them. The 4400's simpler menu interface is more
>convenient for bench testing.
>
>I wired the 20A version of that Bayite meter into an outlet strip, on
>an extension cable. Both have magnets on the back so the strip can be
>out of the way on the side of an appliance and the readout easily
>visible on the front. The pull of the cord tends to drag an eye-level
>Kill-A-Watt out of the outlet.
>
>The competing AmWatt is OK for purely resistive heaters but useless
>with motors.
>
>-jsw

Ayup...most of my gear doesnt have motors in it and Id really like to
find out how much power Im actually using. Would be a good data base
for use if I found I could sue the shit out of PG&E

Had a housefire last night a couple blocks away. Seems at this
point..their smart meter melted down and set the back of the house on
fire. Least thats what the local opinion on Facebook indicates.

Gunner Asch

Apr 11, 2017, 1:56:33 PM4/11/17
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 07:24:45 -0700, Larry Jaques
LOL..my fridge was built in 2006 and the stove is gas. The dryer is
gas, the washing machine doesnt get used. We go to the laundromat to
wash and bring em home to day. Septic tank issues are clearing up,
Crom knows Ive dumped enough bio digesters down it in the last couple
months. Its not the tank..its that pesky verticle dry well. No leach
field...just a shit well..like an oil well in reverse.

>Do you have LED floods outside? Plug-in heaters?
Nope. Neither

>That swamp cooler uses prolly 500w/hr x24 each day of the summer.

Ayup. Cant get around that, unfortunately. Takes a big cooler to keep
1600 sqft cool enough for the wifes medical issues. We do shut off
much of the house during the day and run the cooler on Low Speed when
we can.

>Are you using electricity when it's cheapest?

Chuckle..we use power when we need it. The wife goes to bed early..so
most of our power use is during prime time. Shrug.

> I've already told
>Pacific Power that I will never allow them to install an electronic
>meter on my house. Time of use will kill ya, especially in GrayOut
>Davisland.

Ayup. Hence my not using machine tools during the week before 9pm . I
hate even turning on a small drill press during the day. Ive installed
big disconnect switches for each section of my hobby areas and they
are always OFF when I get home..so Im pretty sure the wife isnt out
running the 15x58" lathe or the big mill.

I know she isnt running any of the welders...she hates wearing a mask
and she cant weld a straight line if her life depended on it. Sigh.

Jim Wilkins

Apr 11, 2017, 5:19:08 PM4/11/17
> Ayup...most of my gear doesnt have motors in it and Id really like
> find out how much power Im actually using. Would be a good data base
> for use if I found I could sue the shit out of PG&E

My datalogging setup for AC power consists of a clamp-on current probe
at the breaker box, a 50' extension cord to the kitchen with banana
adapters on the ends, one or more PC-interfaced multimeters and a
laptop. It's an old laptop I won't miss if it falls off a stool beside
the water heater.

I import the output text file into a spread sheet so I can sum a block
of current values to calculate KWH, and graph the result to look for
patterns. For instance I found a heater that cycled rapidly because
the internal overtemp thermostat needed cleaning.

It's easy to combine two or more meters' separate datalog files if
they are started nearly simultaneously. Just align the timestamps.

Of course a clamp-on amp probe can't tell real from apparent power.
-jsw

Larry Jaques

Apr 11, 2017, 7:24:19 PM4/11/17
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:42:43 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 07:16:05 -0700, Larry Jaques
><lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:

>>Why waste money when you can make a simple decision? <hint> It'll be
>>harder with other smokers in the house, but doable. I would have come
>>by and given you shit about it personally, but you never got back to
>>me. <g> I was pet-sitting for my sister for a week with a pair of
>>characters. Sophia (the cat) and Soren (the love bird) were a riot,
>>especially when Soren was out of his cage.
>
>I replied to you (2x) and invited you to come down. And told you to
>bring the truck so we could load up the mill. I had assumed that your
>jaunt went aglay.

You're reading Robert Burns now?!? Aglay, indeed.

Yeah, you replied 5 months ago. But I was asking for pics of the mill
for the past two, then time disappeared. And I was ready to be alone
at home again after that week. Pets are damned noisy, y'know?

>>Ayup, I was a functional alcoholic, continuing to work full time until
>>I sobered up. Most of my friends in AA had much, much lower bottoms.
>
>I respect that in you.

Thankee.

> Now about cleaning out the garage so you can do some work out
>there......snicker.... (Grin)

That's "2-car SHOP" to you, mister! And, yes, that's a high priority.
The new water heater is in but the old one isn't out yet.

I need to drill/mount the bender and bend some brackets for the solar
panels, then get them up. Then I can get back to yard work in between
bursitis exercises. Once that's caught up, I can build shelving in
the shop and get some floor space back.

Larry Jaques

Apr 11, 2017, 7:49:38 PM4/11/17
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 17:20:57 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
<murat...@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Gunner Asch" <gunne...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Ayup...most of my gear doesnt have motors in it and Id really like
>> find out how much power Im actually using. Would be a good data base
>> for use if I found I could sue the shit out of PG&E
>
>My datalogging setup for AC power consists of a clamp-on current probe
>at the breaker box, a 50' extension cord to the kitchen with banana
>adapters on the ends, one or more PC-interfaced multimeters and a
>laptop. It's an old laptop I won't miss if it falls off a stool beside
>the water heater.

Purt snazzy, sir. The extension doesn't affect the reading? I've
never tried to measure current over a long distance before.

>I import the output text file into a spread sheet so I can sum a block
>of current values to calculate KWH, and graph the result to look for
>patterns. For instance I found a heater that cycled rapidly because
>the internal overtemp thermostat needed cleaning.

Handy!

>It's easy to combine two or more meters' separate datalog files if
>they are started nearly simultaneously. Just align the timestamps.
>
>Of course a clamp-on amp probe can't tell real from apparent power.

The power company sure does, though. I left CA the year GrayOut Davis
made the deal with the devil for power. That was around the time the
natural gas line was a bottleneck so they decided to put in what kind
of power generation stations all over CA?

You got it: natural gas-powered.

Larry Jaques

Apr 11, 2017, 8:06:03 PM4/11/17
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:56:11 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 07:24:45 -0700, Larry Jaques
><lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:

>>You need to replace them with the -newest- models to get energy
>>savings. Refurb '53 Maytags and Kenmores need not apply. ;)
>
>LOL..my fridge was built in 2006 and the stove is gas. The dryer is
>gas, the washing machine doesnt get used. We go to the laundromat to
>wash and bring em home to day. Septic tank issues are clearing up,
>Crom knows Ive dumped enough bio digesters down it in the last couple
>months. Its not the tank..its that pesky verticle dry well. No leach
>field...just a shit well..like an oil well in reverse.

I just had to come up with $400 for dredging my tank recently.
Luckily, the beeyotch next door didn't collapse my leach field when
she had her guy run the 10yd dumptrucks of sand or the roller over
them years back. I came home and almost shat myself.

>>Do you have LED floods outside? Plug-in heaters?
>Nope. Neither

Swap whatever you have outside for LEDs. 20w will do, but 30 is
brighter. 50 is overkill and 10 is a porch light. ;)

>>That swamp cooler uses prolly 500w/hr x24 each day of the summer.
>
>Ayup. Cant get around that, unfortunately. Takes a big cooler to keep
>1600 sqft cool enough for the wifes medical issues. We do shut off
>much of the house during the day and run the cooler on Low Speed when
>we can.
>
>>Are you using electricity when it's cheapest?
>
>Chuckle..we use power when we need it. The wife goes to bed early..so
>most of our power use is during prime time. Shrug.

USC.

>> I've already told
>>Pacific Power that I will never allow them to install an electronic
>>meter on my house. Time of use will kill ya, especially in GrayOut
>>Davisland.
>
>Ayup. Hence my not using machine tools during the week before 9pm . I
>hate even turning on a small drill press during the day. Ive installed
>big disconnect switches for each section of my hobby areas and they
>are always OFF when I get home..so Im pretty sure the wife isnt out
>running the 15x58" lathe or the big mill.

I wondered. ;) I'm happy up here using $38/mo electricity. The
power outage last week was the first time I'd used my little HFT solar
setup during an outage. When I rolled over to look at the clock, it
wasn't there, so I walked down the dark hall and hit the emergency
light cord in the kitchen (didn't need the hall or room lit), got out
the propane burner, and French Pressed some coffee. The 1,080 of
panels I have will ensure that the heater stays on the next time, too.
It's raining all week, so maybe next week I'll get those up.

The $20 step-up xfmr (to run the well pump) from Amazon was cancelled,
and the price more than tripled in the 2mo interim. I have a
nastygram into them now, but they haven't yet answered it. Grrr.

>I know she isnt running any of the welders...she hates wearing a mask
>and she cant weld a straight line if her life depended on it. Sigh.

Those big bastids will cost you some money while running.

Gunner Asch

Apr 12, 2017, 12:20:10 AM4/12/17
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 16:24:27 -0700, Larry Jaques
<lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:42:43 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 07:16:05 -0700, Larry Jaques
>><lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:
>
>>>Why waste money when you can make a simple decision? <hint> It'll be
>>>harder with other smokers in the house, but doable. I would have come
>>>by and given you shit about it personally, but you never got back to
>>>me. <g> I was pet-sitting for my sister for a week with a pair of
>>>characters. Sophia (the cat) and Soren (the love bird) were a riot,
>>>especially when Soren was out of his cage.
>>
>>I replied to you (2x) and invited you to come down. And told you to
>>bring the truck so we could load up the mill. I had assumed that your
>>jaunt went aglay.
>
>You're reading Robert Burns now?!? Aglay, indeed.

Im not just a pretty face you know...sheesh.

>Yeah, you replied 5 months ago. But I was asking for pics of the mill
>for the past two, then time disappeared. And I was ready to be alone
>at home again after that week. Pets are damned noisy, y'know?

Really? Ive never noticed how noisey my 20 odd dogs can be.

>>>Ayup, I was a functional alcoholic, continuing to work full time until
>>>I sobered up. Most of my friends in AA had much, much lower bottoms.
>>
>>I respect that in you.
>
>Thankee.
>

>> Now about cleaning out the garage so you can do some work out
>>there......snicker.... (Grin)
>
>That's "2-car SHOP" to you, mister! And, yes, that's a high priority.
>The new water heater is in but the old one isn't out yet.

What..no dolly?

>I need to drill/mount the bender and bend some brackets for the solar
>panels, then get them up. Then I can get back to yard work in between
>bursitis exercises. Once that's caught up, I can build shelving in
>the shop and get some floor space back.

I happen to have some extra shelving.....and have access to steel
racking...just saying....

Gunner Asch

Apr 12, 2017, 12:56:08 AM4/12/17
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 17:06:11 -0700, Larry Jaques
Hence my interest 12 yrs ago in gas or diesel or natural gas powered
gensets. Of course my widdle buddy tried to make sport of it.

He is trying to get any hold on me that he can...shrug..and I simply
dont care.

This should be a fairly profitable week, so Ill get all the vehicles
tagged and insured. Then I will have something to pull boats to the
lake with (Grin). Ive got to finish the one job...talk him into
additional work (air lines, dryer etc etc..and put em in.

No Cars Go

Apr 12, 2017, 9:47:47 AM4/12/17
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 21:56:03 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hence my interest 12 yrs ago in gas or diesel or natural gas powered
>gensets.

It wasn't "interest." It was an excuse to waste more time talking
about something that you didn't and will never do. Not because it was
a brainless idea, but because you prefer talking to doing.

>This should be a fairly profitable week,

LOL

> so Ill get all the vehicles tagged and insured.

How did they get untagged and uninsured?

> Then I will have something to pull boats to the
>lake with (Grin).

And AFTER that you'll take care of the overdue rent, the plugged
septic system, the back taxes and other liens, the rotting roof and
floor, the energy audit, suing the power company, set some more speed
records, attend a few black tie dinners, and cull a few million
lefties, right?

Jim Wilkins

Apr 12, 2017, 10:03:46 AM4/12/17
"Larry Jaques" <lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 17:20:57 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
> <murat...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>My datalogging setup for AC power consists of a clamp-on current
>>probe
>>at the breaker box, a 50' extension cord to the kitchen with banana
>>adapters on the ends, one or more PC-interfaced multimeters and a
>>laptop. It's an old laptop I won't miss if it falls off a stool
>>beside
>>the water heater.
>
> Purt snazzy, sir. The extension doesn't affect the reading? I've
> never tried to measure current over a long distance before.

The difference is negligible. A coffee pot that draws 8.5A according
to a KAW shows 8.1 (mA) on the DVM + Fluke 80i-400 clampon probe with
or without the 50' extension.

If I did it over I'd attach the banana plugs and jacks to speaker
cable rather than adapting them to a cord that could accidentally be
plugged into the wall. Making the extension from the entire uncut
spool of wire doesn't prevent you from reusing part of it later.
-jsw

Larry Jaques

Apr 12, 2017, 10:09:41 AM4/12/17
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 21:20:03 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 16:24:27 -0700, Larry Jaques
><lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:42:43 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:

>>>I replied to you (2x) and invited you to come down. And told you to
>>>bring the truck so we could load up the mill. I had assumed that your
>>>jaunt went aglay.
>>
>>You're reading Robert Burns now?!? Aglay, indeed.
>
>Im not just a pretty face you know...sheesh.

Ack! Coffee, all over the screen...

>>Yeah, you replied 5 months ago. But I was asking for pics of the mill
>>for the past two, then time disappeared. And I was ready to be alone
>>at home again after that week. Pets are damned noisy, y'know?
>
>Really? Ive never noticed how noisey my 20 odd dogs can be.

Pet owners are patently DEAF, but you can be assured that all of your
neighbors for half a mile around are aware that you have dogs.

>>>I respect that in you.
>>
>>Thankee.
>>

>>> Now about cleaning out the garage so you can do some work out
>>>there......snicker.... (Grin)
>>
>>That's "2-car SHOP" to you, mister! And, yes, that's a high priority.
>>The new water heater is in but the old one isn't out yet.
>
>What..no dolly?

I have both dolly and hand truck. The 50g tank is sitting on the
latter. I built a ramp and slid the gigantic wh down to the floor on
that. I then moved it out of the way to get the smaller 20g tank and
platform up into place, but I have to clear more crap out of the way
to get it outside. I had to cut and solder an ell into the existing
pressure overflow tube, then modify the platform to run it through
that and down to a hose.

>>I need to drill/mount the bender and bend some brackets for the solar
>>panels, then get them up. Then I can get back to yard work in between
>>bursitis exercises. Once that's caught up, I can build shelving in
>>the shop and get some floor space back.
>
>I happen to have some extra shelving.....and have access to steel
>racking...just saying....

I think I'll throw $200 in the gas tank and just mosey on down the 600
miles to your house and...no, I don't have -room- for freestanding
shelving. I'm interlacing shallower shelves between the 2' deep x10'
shelving to gain floorspace. And I'll make some more 5/8" sq tubing
shelf hangers for the ceiling. The first run worked well. The garden
tools are now out of there, giving me 4 s/f more to work in. I may
hang the scrap bins under the Green Monster CNC router, which I've put
off finishing for 4 bloody years now. <sigh> It's 90% done.

Larry Jaques

Apr 12, 2017, 10:15:17 AM4/12/17

?

>He is trying to get any hold on me that he can...shrug..and I simply
>dont care.

I hope you're not talking about the moronic troll. Just shovel that
chit right out of your space right now and get on with real life, eh?

>This should be a fairly profitable week, so Ill get all the vehicles
>tagged and insured. Then I will have something to pull boats to the
>lake with (Grin). Ive got to finish the one job...talk him into
>additional work (air lines, dryer etc etc..and put em in.

Good good.

P.S: Mill, phone camera, email someday.

No Cars Go

Apr 12, 2017, 10:18:43 AM4/12/17
On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 07:09:51 -0700, Larry Jaques
<lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 21:20:03 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:

>>Really? Ive never noticed how noisey my 20 odd dogs can be.
>
>Pet owners are patently DEAF, but you can be assured that all of your
>neighbors for half a mile around are aware that you have dogs.

Yuck. A giant screw-you from Wieber to anyone unfortunate enough to be
living in his crummy neighborhood in the first place.

Elizabeth Boudreaux

Apr 12, 2017, 7:22:02 PM4/12/17
On 4/11/2017 9:53 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

>>> Cites?
>>
>> <chortle> You will never realize how stupid that proves you to be, will
>> you?
>
> Failure to provide cites

You expect "cites" for something in the future? You are really fucked
up beyond repair.

Good Soldier Schweik

Apr 12, 2017, 9:33:00 PM4/12/17
But he can't cull any more Lefties until he gets the imaginary backhoe
repaired else they will be scattered all over the desert.

But talking about lefties... what do you call someone who won't pay
his taxes and then throws himself on the mercy of the government
handouts when he has a heart attack. Not to mention the food stamps,
and free government peanut butter?

Larry Jaques

Apr 13, 2017, 12:01:56 AM4/13/17
On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 10:05:31 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
<murat...@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Larry Jaques" <lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 17:20:57 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
>> <murat...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>My datalogging setup for AC power consists of a clamp-on current
>>>probe
>>>at the breaker box, a 50' extension cord to the kitchen with banana
>>>adapters on the ends, one or more PC-interfaced multimeters and a
>>>laptop. It's an old laptop I won't miss if it falls off a stool
>>>beside
>>>the water heater.
>>
>> Purt snazzy, sir. The extension doesn't affect the reading? I've
>> never tried to measure current over a long distance before.
>
>The difference is negligible. A coffee pot that draws 8.5A according
>to a KAW shows 8.1 (mA) on the DVM + Fluke 80i-400 clampon probe with
>or without the 50' extension.

That's good to know.

>If I did it over I'd attach the banana plugs and jacks to speaker
>cable rather than adapting them to a cord that could accidentally be
>plugged into the wall.

Egad! Time to fix that. I can imagine an insurance or fireman seeing
that...

>Making the extension from the entire uncut
>spool of wire doesn't prevent you from reusing part of it later.

Truth. I ran 12ga speaker wire for my LED emergency lighting. The run
is center-feed to reduce run length.

I was going to point you to a spool on Amazon and, to my amazement, I
find that most of the 12ga wire they're selling is now copper clad
ALUMINUM wire (CCA = BassRockers, Audiopipe, Raptor = Hiss, boo, run
away!) at the same price I paid for oxy-free (whoop-ti-do) solid
copper.

Jim Wilkins

Apr 13, 2017, 7:22:53 AM4/13/17
> On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 10:05:31 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
> <murat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>If I did it over I'd attach the banana plugs and jacks to speaker
>>cable rather than adapting them to a cord that could accidentally be
>>plugged into the wall.
>
> Egad! Time to fix that. I can imagine an insurance or fireman
> seeing
> that...

After I wrote that I moved the adapters to where the other ones are
stored. I made banana or Anderson adapters for everything I've tested,
such as laptop power jacks and USB cables. Current is difficult to
measure accurately without them.

The scariest electrical work I've participated in was UL safety
testing.
-jsw

Gunner Asch

Apr 13, 2017, 10:10:56 AM4/13/17
On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 08:32:55 +0700, Good Soldier Schweik
<goods...@inop.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 06:47:45 -0700, No Cars Go <A...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 21:56:03 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Hence my interest 12 yrs ago in gas or diesel or natural gas powered
>>>gensets.
>>
>>It wasn't "interest." It was an excuse to waste more time talking
>>about something that you didn't and will never do. Not because it was
>>a brainless idea, but because you prefer talking to doing.
>>
>>>This should be a fairly profitable week,
>>
>>LOL
>>
>>> so Ill get all the vehicles tagged and insured.
>>
>>How did they get untagged and uninsured?

You do know that thanks to Hillary and Obammy, California has 41%
unemployment, right?

>>> Then I will have something to pull boats to the
>>>lake with (Grin).
>>
>>And AFTER that you'll take care of the overdue rent, the plugged
>>septic system, the back taxes and other liens, the rotting roof and
>>floor, the energy audit, suing the power company, set some more speed
>>records, attend a few black tie dinners, and cull a few million
>>lefties, right?
>
>But he can't cull any more Lefties until he gets the imaginary backhoe
>repaired else they will be scattered all over the desert.

OMG! I forgot about my backhoe! Why don't I use it to trench a leech
field so I can flush my toilets? Now all I have to is find it. <shrug>
Good thing I painted it with some fingernail polish to which I added a
tiny amount of a specific mixture of radioactive elements. I can use
one of my 4 - 6 geiger counters to find the backhoe. But Ive only been
talking about fixing that septic system since 2001. So I think I
should talk about it quite a bit more before doing anything. <shrug>
As all you other ranchers know, when your 7000 sq ft ranch is covered
by 5000 sq feet of ranch home and shop and ranch equipment and dog
cages, that leaves a vast 2000 sq ft of wild blue yonder. Which is
tight... very tight for your septic ooze and for your herd of two
dozen dogs to poop on. That is just the reality of ranch life, and God
bless Trump for giving me the opportunity to live it.

>But talking about lefties... what do you call someone who won't pay
>his taxes and then throws himself on the mercy of the government
>handouts when he has a heart attack. Not to mention the food stamps,
>and free government peanut butter?

The only benefits Im getting are the free healthcare for my entire
family, the checks to my wife, the discounts on my power and gas
bills, my tax free income, and the delayed <grin> taxes on my mobile.
There may be a few others Ive forgotten. <shrug> So let there be no
doubt. Im a red blooded conservative and you can pry my ideology out
of my cold dead hands if you think youre man enough. Well, do ya,
punk?

Larry Jaques

Apr 13, 2017, 3:44:37 PM4/13/17
On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 07:24:41 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
<murat...@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Larry Jaques" <lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 10:05:31 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
>> <murat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>If I did it over I'd attach the banana plugs and jacks to speaker
>>>cable rather than adapting them to a cord that could accidentally be
>>>plugged into the wall.
>>
>> Egad! Time to fix that. I can imagine an insurance or fireman
>> seeing
>> that...
>>

>After I wrote that I moved the adapters to where the other ones are
>stored. I made banana or Anderson adapters for everything I've tested,
>such as laptop power jacks and USB cables. Current is difficult to
>measure accurately without them.
>
>The scariest electrical work I've participated in was UL safety
>testing.

Standard "plug it in" testing or "overload/destructive" testing?
"How much overvoltage/load will this thing take?"
It is loading more messages.