Need help with oxygen concentrator

mike

Jul 5, 2015, 7:42:32 PM7/5/15
Need help with oxygen concentrator

I bought an Invacare XPO100 portable oxygen concentrator
at a garage sale. I'd like to try to use it to make a micro welding torch.
Stickers are vague, but it looks like it's only a year old.

It runs about half a minute, then throws an error condition and quits.
Has a breath sensor, so that may be what's shutting it down, although
that's not the error condition shown. "Operating Alarm" isn't very helpful.
Putting it in continuous mode makes no difference.

During the 30 seconds, it does put out pulses of gas. Flame test suggests
that it's not concentrated oxygen.

I've not tried it in normal operation with a canula. Only thing I know
about
the history is that the previous owner died. Contracting some
terminal disease is not on my agenda.

I sorta know how they work in principle, but the details of this
unit are unknown. Service manual is useless.

Anybody got experience converting a medical oxygen
concentrator to welding use?

Or a forum where I might find help?

Thanks, mike

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Jul 5, 2015, 8:12:28 PM7/5/15
mike <ham...@netzero.net> fired this volley in news:mncfag$mcb$1@dont-
email.me:

> I've not tried it in normal operation with a canula. Only thing I know
> about
> the history is that the previous owner died.

Probably died because the damn thing kept faulting out! <G>

Lloyd