Republican Kentucky State Rep. Accused Molester, Pyromaniac, Dan Johnson dies of 'probable suicide' in Mt. Washington

Krotek

Dec 14, 2017, 11:23:11 PM12/14/17
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson, who was under
investigation for alleged sexual molestation, died of a "probable
suicide," the Bullitt County coroner said.

Bullitt County Sheriff Donnie Tinnell said Johnson drove onto the bridge
over the Salt River on Greenwell Ford Road in Mt. Washington, parked on
the north side of it and shot himself in front of his car. His body was
found on the bank of the river, just past the bridge.

Just before 5 p.m. Wednesday, Johnson posted the following message on his
Facebook page:

The accusations from NPR are false GOD and only GOD knows the truth,
nothing is the way they make it out to be. AMERICA will not survive this
type of judge and jury fake news . Conservatives take a stand. I LOVE GOD
and I LOVE MY WIFE, who is the best WIFE in the world,My Love Forever ! My
Mom and Dad my FAMILY and all five of my kids and Nine grandchildren two
in tummies and many more to come each of you or a total gift from GOD stay
strong, REBECCA needs YOU . 9-11-2001 NYC/WTC, PTSD 24/7 16 years is a
sickness that will take my life, I cannot handle it any longer. IT Has Won
This Life . BUT HEAVEN IS MY HOME. “PLEASE LISTEN CLOSELY, Only Three
things I ask of you to do,if you love me is (1)blame no person,Satan is
the accuser, so blame the Devil himself. (2) Forgive and Love everyone
especially yourself .(3)most importantly LOVE GOD. P.S. I LOVE MY FRIENDS
YOU ARE FAMILY ! GOD LOVES ALL PEOPLE NO MATTER WHAT !
The coroner said police were alerted after someone saw that Facebook post
by Johnson. Officers then pinged Johnson's phone and found his body.

On Tuesday, Johnson held a press conference at his church on Bardstown
Road, where he denied the molestation allegations. According to court
documents obtained by the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting, the
alleged molestation took place on New Year's Eve in 2012. The alleged
victim, who was 17 at the time, told authorities that she was staying in a
living area of the Heart of Fire City Church where Johnson was pastor,
when Johnson, who had been drinking a lot, approached her, kissed her and
fondled her under her clothes.

Michael Skoler, the president of Louisville Public Media, which owns the
Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting, released a statement after
Johnson's death:

"All of us at Louisville Public Media are deeply sad to hear that State
Representative Dan Johnson has died, apparently of suicide. We grieve for
his family, friends, church community and constituents.

Our Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting released a report on
Johnson this week. Our aim, as always, is to provide the public with fact-
based, unbiased reporting and hold public officials accountable for their
actions.

As part of our process, we reached out to Representative Johnson numerous
times over the course of a seven-month investigation. He declined requests
to talk about our findings."
Johnson was never criminally charged.