Google Групи більше не підтримують нові дописи або підписки Usenet. Наявний контент можна переглядати.

After Vowing to Fix Washington, Trump Is Mired in a Familiar Crisis

12 переглядів
Перейти до першого непрочитаного повідомлення

Rudy Canoza

не прочитано,
20 січ. 2018 р., 14:48:2120.01.18
Кому:
By JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS | JAN. 20, 2018

One year to the day after taking office with vows to bring the
dysfunction of Washington to heel, President Trump on Saturday found
himself thrust into the most perennial of political crises, bitterly
casting blame on Democrats for a government shutdown he said they had
orchestrated to mar the anniversary.

Mr. Trump had planned to spend the weekend at his Mar-a-Lago estate in
Palm Beach, Fla., celebrating his first year in office at a soiree with
friends and supporters. Instead, he remained out of sight in the White
House, where he stewed about an impasse he had been unable to prevent,
according to people close to him, and made a feverish round of calls to
Republican leaders in search of a resolution.

“This is the One Year Anniversary of my Presidency and the Democrats
wanted to give me a nice present,” he wrote on Twitter before dawn on
Saturday, just hours after the midnight lapse of government funding,
appending the hashtag #DemocratShutdown.

The immediate cause of the shutdown, which began at 12:01 a.m. Saturday
after Senate Democrats blocked consideration of a House-passed stopgap
measure, was a dispute over spending. But it was a stalemate over
another perennially thorny issue in American politics — immigration
policy, the topic that propelled Mr. Trump’s political rise and has
dominated his first 12 months as president — that snarled the
negotiations, as the president vacillated over what approach he should take.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/20/us/politics/trump-shutdown.html

"As Trumpchev vacillate".

Trumpchev - the weakest president in over 150 years.

Winston_Smith

не прочитано,
21 січ. 2018 р., 19:01:5221.01.18
Кому:
On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 11:48:19 -0800, Rudy Canoza <c...@philhendrie.con>
wrote:

>President Trump had planned to spend the weekend at his Mar-a-Lago estate with
>friends and supporters. Instead, he remained in the White House and made
>a round of calls to Republican leaders in search of a resolution
to the problem the terrorist Democrats dumped on the public.

Q. If he decided to take a few days off despite the Schulmer Shutdown,
wouldn't you be here bitching he wasn't attending to business?

Q. What should he be doing instead of trying to undo the D temper
tantrum? What is higher priority than fixing D terrorism?

Red Prepper

не прочитано,
21 січ. 2018 р., 19:10:0821.01.18
Кому: