Maria Antoinette Christmas tree

dca...@krl.org

Dec 2, 2017, 1:07:34 PM12/2/17
This is actually not entirely OT. The frame for the tree was made from 1 by 2 galvanised fencing. The idea of having a M A tree at the Nemours Mansion was my wife's idea. She works as a guide at the Mansion. I did most of the work in making the frame and took the frame to the Mansion. The first photo shows how one can stand in the right spot and have tThe use of 1 by 2 fencing worked well. My wife wanted to use chicken wire for the frame, but I convinced her that chicken wire would not be rigid enough. The fencing proved to be about right. Rigid enough and not too heavy. If I were doing this again, I would look at buying something like a nibler to cut the wire. Using a plier type cutter resulted in a painful hand.he portrait appear to be the head of the tree.

The use of 1 by 2 fencing worked well. My wife wanted to use chicken wire for the frame, but I convinced her that chicken wire would not be rigid enough. The fencing proved to be about right. Rigid enough and not too heavy. If I were doing this again, I would look at buying something like a nibler to cut the wire. Using a plier type cutter resulted in a painful hand.

Dan

BobH

Dec 2, 2017, 3:42:53 PM12/2/17
On 12/02/2017 11:07 AM, dca...@krl.org wrote:
> The use of 1 by 2 fencing worked well. My wife wanted to use chicken wire for the
> frame, but I convinced her that chicken wire would not be rigid enough. The
> fencing proved to be about right. Rigid enough and not too heavy. If I were
> doing this again, I would look at buying something like a nibler to cut the
> wire. Using a plier type cutter resulted in a painful hand.

A manual nibbling tool would probably be worse than a plier type cutter!
The have supplied me with many blisters through the years.