Stop smoking advice needed

Gunner Asch

May 20, 2018, 10:55:12 AM5/20/18

All....... I had an epiphamy after reading this article.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/01/22/cost-of-smoking/22144969/
So..... your best advice on how to stop is needed...... desperately.
Ive tried everything over the years and have quit many.... many times
but it never takes. Its time to go for broke. My reserch makes me
think I should spend as much time and dough as necessary on one of
these methods ASAP.

http://www.imaginelaserworks.com/additional-services/stop-quit-smoking/
Pros Laser is always good for everything. Cons Cant be sure they
have the latest laser and its calibrated properly. Anybody tried a
DIY version?

https://www.wikihow.com/Use-Self-Hypnosis-to-Quit-Smoking
Pros Cheaper and can be done repeatedly as necessary. Cons Seems to
require swinging coins..... which can be hard to come by.

Or should I try both either together or seperately in which order?
Proabably a good idea to wait a reasonable time after the hypnosis
before applying the laser would be my guess. Im open to all.....all
suggestions.

Gunner..... serious as a heart attach this time.

---

j3VP9⚛← ╬ 𝑴𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒚 𝑾𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂𝒃𝒆 ╬ →⚛HjPw

May 20, 2018, 11:09:01 AM5/20/18
Try shock therapy.

Every time before you light up a cigarette, hold a metal nail in each
hand and stick them into the electrical socket.

Your urge to light up a cigarette will quickly diminish over time.

I am sure it will work.

Gunner Asch

May 20, 2018, 11:41:36 AM5/20/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 07:55:09 -0700, Gunner Asch
<Gunne...@gmaiil.com> wrote:

>From: Gunner Asch <Gunne...@gmaiil.com>
>Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
>Subject: Stop smoking advice needed
>Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 07:55:09 -0700
>

>All....... I had an epiphamy after reading this article.

Not a bad post...from a wack job...but...shrug..its still a fraudulent
one from a wack job who can only use AIOE.org because he has been
banned from any legitimate Internet providers services.

Gunner Asch

May 20, 2018, 11:42:57 AM5/20/18
Looks like you are too stupid to check on the source of the postings
as well.

But..we already knew that...long ago.

Snerk!!

Gunner Asch

May 20, 2018, 12:50:39 PM5/20/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 11:08:56 -0400, j3VP9?? ? ?????? ??????? ? ??HjPw
<9i...@Kpwbi.com> wrote:

>Gunner Asch wrote on 5/20/2018 10:55 AM:
>> All....... I had an epiphamy after reading this article.
>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/01/22/cost-of-smoking/22144969/
>> So..... your best advice on how to stop is needed...... desperately.
>> Ive tried everything over the years and have quit many.... many times
>> but it never takes. Its time to go for broke. My reserch makes me
>> think I should spend as much time and dough as necessary on one of
>> these methods ASAP.
>>
>> http://www.imaginelaserworks.com/additional-services/stop-quit-smoking/
>> Pros Laser is always good for everything. Cons Cant be sure they
>> have the latest laser and its calibrated properly. Anybody tried a
>> DIY version?
>>
>> https://www.wikihow.com/Use-Self-Hypnosis-to-Quit-Smoking
>> Pros Cheaper and can be done repeatedly as necessary. Cons Seems to
>> require swinging coins..... which can be hard to come by.
>>
>> Or should I try both either together or seperately in which order?
>> Proabably a good idea to wait a reasonable time after the hypnosis
>> before applying the laser would be my guess. Im open to all.....all
>> suggestions.
>>
>> Gunner..... serious as a heart attach this time.
>>

>Try shock therapy.

Its a good theory but Ive tried it accidentally.....DAMHIKT..... and
it didnt work.

>Every time before you light up a cigarette, hold a metal nail in each
>hand and stick them into the electrical socket.

Thats not exactly how I did it but close enough. Got my EE
(equivelent sort of) the hard way.... <shrug>

>Your urge to light up a cigarette will quickly diminish over time.
>
>I am sure it will work.

So you dont have any opinion on the laser or hypnotherapi methods?
Means your probably another stupid leftist for whom it will be a long
hot and deadly summer..... <shrug>

Carries On

May 20, 2018, 12:56:04 PM5/20/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 08:41:31 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 20 May 2018 07:55:09 -0700, Gunner Asch
><Gunne...@gmaiil.com> wrote:

>>From: Gunner Asch <Gunne...@gmaiil.com>
>>Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
>>Subject: Stop smoking advice needed
>>Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 07:55:09 -0700
>>

>>All....... I had an epiphamy after reading this article.
>

>Not a bad post...from a wack job...but...shrug..

What's with all the ellipsis? Is it some sort of typing stutter?

>its still a fraudulent

Cite.

>one from a wack job

Cite.

> who can only use AIOE.org because he has been
>banned from any legitimate Internet providers services.

Cite.

>---

Cite.

Hey Wieber, how many decades "doing your best" to quit, so far?

Gunner Asch

May 20, 2018, 2:33:27 PM5/20/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 09:50:36 -0700, Gunner Asch
<Gunne...@gmaiil.com> wrote:

>From: Gunner Asch <Gunne...@gmaiil.com>
>Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
>Subject: Re: Stop smoking advice needed
>Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 09:50:36 -0700

Dayaaaam...he is getting the hang of it pretty good!

Gunner

Gunner Asch

May 20, 2018, 2:35:02 PM5/20/18
Thats why you have to use aioe. You have nothing left. Well...eternal
september of course..but...shrug.

dca...@krl.org

May 20, 2018, 4:08:24 PM5/20/18
On Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 10:55:12 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:

>y Im open to all.....all
> suggestions.
>
> Gunner.....

My wife and I both stopped smoking the simple cheap way. We did not quit at the same time, but we just stopped buying cigarettes and just stopped smoking. For years after I stopped, I would have the urge to smoke when I was outside in cool to cold weather and was taking a break from what ever I was working on.

I have not kept up with the cost of cigarettes , but must be about $1 per cigarette. How about figuring out the cost of each cigarette and put in the cost of a cigarette into a jar each time you find yourself wanting a smoke.

If you can quit for two days you will have passed the hard time.

Dan

John B.

May 20, 2018, 5:37:17 PM5/20/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 07:55:09 -0700, Gunner Asch
<Gunne...@gmaiil.com> wrote:

My experience was (1) finally making up my mind that I WAS GOING TO
QUIT! (2) a nicotine patch, with some nicotine gum as a fall back and
finally, the mind set that if I ever put another cigarette in my mouth
I had failed.

The real pressure to smoke last for about a week or 10 days and after
that it gets easier.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Ignoramus11502

May 20, 2018, 6:40:27 PM5/20/18
I am very ignorant about quitting smoking because I am not a smoker,
but supposedly e-cigarettes keep giving you nicotine without some bad
side effects of smoking like tar and such.

Gunner Asch

May 20, 2018, 7:55:37 PM5/20/18
Ive already tried the jar idea but it doesnt work for me because I use
the jar money for buying Monster....shrug. I quit again this
morning..... until about an hour later. I plan on working for another
7 -9 years. If I can quit during that period then there should still
be time to pay off my debts, buy a house and save some money for
retirement.

Gunner Asch

May 20, 2018, 7:58:13 PM5/20/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 04:37:14 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:
I dont see taking a break from quitting as failure. Its only
temporary until I quit again.

>The real pressure to smoke last for about a week or 10 days and after
>that it gets easier.

Ive gone that long many times when cash was tight...shrug. The
problem is then I come into some dough and feel entitled to some
pleasure. Now I have to decide if Id rather keep renting and enjoy
myself or save some money and buy a house but be miserable. Its a
shitty choice but Im sure that eventually Ill find a solution.

Gunner Asch

May 20, 2018, 8:01:53 PM5/20/18
Thanks. I may try those in combination with some patches. If the two
together dont stop the craving I can always supplement with an
occasional smoke. Im getting more motivated just talking about it!

Gunner Asch

May 20, 2018, 8:14:10 PM5/20/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 11:12:02 -0700 (PDT), Thomas <cano...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Spend every last cent on liquer.

I dont drink. Never have. Couldnt afford it if I wanted to. Liquid
budget is all used up Monster and septic cures.....shrug.

John B.

May 20, 2018, 8:34:10 PM5/20/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 16:58:12 -0700, Gunner Asch
The only real solution is to make up your mind "THAT YOU ARE GOING TO
STOP", and then doing it. This "well, I'll quit for a little while",
does exactly that. You quit for a little while.

>---
Cheers,

John B.

dca...@krl.org

May 20, 2018, 10:34:42 PM5/20/18
On Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 8:01:53 PM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:

> Thanks. I may try those in combination with some patches. If the two
> together dont stop the craving I can always supplement with an
> occasional smoke. Im getting more motivated just talking about it!

Wnong. You can not supplement with an occosional smoke. You have to convince yourself that you are quiting and get rid of cigarettes. If you have cigarettes available , you will not quit.

Dan

Ignoramus11502

May 20, 2018, 10:39:09 PM5/20/18
On 2018-05-21, Gunner Asch <Gunne...@gmaiil.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 20 May 2018 17:40:20 -0500, Ignoramus11502
><ignoram...@NOSPAM.11502.invalid> wrote:
>
>>I am very ignorant about quitting smoking because I am not a smoker,
>>but supposedly e-cigarettes keep giving you nicotine without some bad
>>side effects of smoking like tar and such.

> Thanks. I may try those in combination with some patches. If the two
> together dont stop the craving I can always supplement with an
> occasional smoke. Im getting more motivated just talking about it!

I would say, ask around and then stop by a vape shop and ask if there
is something you can use.

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 12:04:38 AM5/21/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 17:14:08 -0700, Gunner Asch
<Gunne...@gmaiil.com> wrote:

>From: Gunner Asch <Gunne...@gmaiil.com>
>Newsgroups: alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
>Subject: Re: Stop smoking advice needed
>Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 17:14:08 -0700

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 12:11:13 AM5/21/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 13:08:20 -0700 (PDT), "dca...@krl.org"
<dca...@krl.org> wrote:

Ive quit 23 times now. Smokes are $7.03 a pack at 7-11 for my brank.

I smoke a pack a day.

Still cant quit. Ive gone a week without a smoke. Its not the
physical addiction. Its the mental addiction.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 12:12:11 AM5/21/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 17:01:52 -0700, Gunner Asch
<Gunne...@gmaiil.com> wrote:

>From: Gunner Asch <Gunne...@gmaiil.com>
>Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
>Subject: Re: Stop smoking advice needed
>Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 17:01:52 -0700

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 12:12:59 AM5/21/18
You do understand you are chatting with the troll..right?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 12:13:56 AM5/21/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 16:58:12 -0700, Gunner Asch
I already own a house.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 12:14:40 AM5/21/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 16:55:35 -0700, Gunner Asch
<Gunne...@gmaiil.com> wrote:

>From: Gunner Asch <Gunne...@gmaiil.com>
>Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
>Subject: Re: Stop smoking advice needed
>Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 16:55:35 -0700

John B.

May 21, 2018, 12:28:52 AM5/21/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 21:12:08 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:
You might want to review that "in combination with" as I read
somewhere it was very easy to overdose on nicotine. See
https://www.livestrong.com/article/84402-dangers-smoking-wearing-nicotine-patch/
--
Cheers,

John B.

Gerry

May 21, 2018, 12:36:47 AM5/21/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 17:40:20 -0500, Ignoramus11502
<ignoram...@NOSPAM.11502.invalid> wrote:

This is what second son claims. In my personal case, the price went
sky high in early 1993 and I had lost a couple friends to lung cancer
so I got a prescription, put the last half pack in the freezer and the
patch on my arm. Strong determination (Bullheadedness according to
SWMBO) and a whole lot of luck and I haven't had a cigarette in over
25 years. Of course I could go back at any time but hopefully not. I
think someone finised off that half pack - at least it wasn't there
when the fridge died a couple years latter. I still enjoy an
occasional whiff of second hand smoke but so far so good.

mike

May 21, 2018, 2:43:35 AM5/21/18
On 5/20/2018 7:55 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

> All....... I had an epiphamy after reading this article.
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/01/22/cost-of-smoking/22144969/
> So..... your best advice on how to stop is needed...... desperately.
> Ive tried everything over the years and have quit many.... many times
> but it never takes. Its time to go for broke. My reserch makes me
> think I should spend as much time and dough as necessary on one of
> these methods ASAP.
>
> http://www.imaginelaserworks.com/additional-services/stop-quit-smoking/
> Pros Laser is always good for everything. Cons Cant be sure they
> have the latest laser and its calibrated properly. Anybody tried a
> DIY version?
>
> https://www.wikihow.com/Use-Self-Hypnosis-to-Quit-Smoking
> Pros Cheaper and can be done repeatedly as necessary. Cons Seems to
> require swinging coins..... which can be hard to come by.
>
> Or should I try both either together or seperately in which order?
> Proabably a good idea to wait a reasonable time after the hypnosis
> before applying the laser would be my guess. Im open to all.....all
> suggestions.
>
> Gunner..... serious as a heart attach this time.
>
> ---

My neighbor said hypnosis helped him. Cost him $50 with a professional.
The BIGGEST FACTOR is the DECISION to to it.
Just don't smoke. Quit. Stop.
If it's hard, TOUGH! You can quit if you WANT to.
If you're weak, and you don't really WANT TO,
no amount of magic will help you.

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 10:11:14 AM5/21/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 11:28:49 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
Im almost positive that no amount of nicotine is too much for me
anymore. As soon as I find a decent job so I can afford the smokes Im
going to stop trying to quit. In the meantime I may quit another 23
times or however often I run out of cash......shrug.

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 10:13:50 AM5/21/18
I am incredibly strong but smokes are stronger. Except when I spill
Monster on them. Id give my saggy left nut for waterproof smokes.
<grin>

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 10:46:24 AM5/21/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 07:13:49 -0700, Gunner Asch
<Gunne...@gmaiil.com> wrote:

>From: Gunner Asch <Gunne...@gmaiil.com>
>Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
>Subject: Re: Stop smoking advice needed
>Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 07:13:49 -0700

Larry Jaques

May 21, 2018, 11:08:00 AM5/21/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 21:39:03 -0500, Ignoramus11502
<ignoram...@NOSPAM.11502.invalid> wrote:

>On 2018-05-21, Gunner Asch <Gunne...@gmaiil.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 20 May 2018 17:40:20 -0500, Ignoramus11502
>><ignoram...@NOSPAM.11502.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>I am very ignorant about quitting smoking because I am not a smoker,
>>>but supposedly e-cigarettes keep giving you nicotine without some bad
>>>side effects of smoking like tar and such.

Goodonya, Ig. BTW, e-cigs have been proven to be just as bad as
tobacco, so that's no better.

>> Thanks. I may try those in combination with some patches. If the two
>> together dont stop the craving I can always supplement with an
>> occasional smoke. Im getting more motivated just talking about it!
>
>I would say, ask around and then stop by a vape shop and ask if there
>is something you can use.

You were replying to a bogus Gunner, Ig.

I was a 2+ pack a day smoker, wanted to quit, tapered down to half a
pack a day, then got the flu. After 2 days, I was feeling better and
was going to go outside and have a cig when the thought came to quit.
I was already beyond most of the cravings, so the rest was mental. I
crushed the tobacco into the toilet, flushed it, and threw away the
filters and pack. That was it for me, and it has been 30 years since
I smelled like a dirty ashtray. (my favorite TRUE motivator theme)
Yes, I had a few cravings to smoke once in awhile, but the thought of
the dirty ashtray smell stayed with me and killed the craving easily.

My suggestion to anyone who truly wishes to quit is to do the same.
Taper down, then quit cold turkey. Quitting is a decision, nothing
more. You either wish to quit or you don't. Make the decision.

--
If we can ever make red tape nutritional, we can feed the world.
--Robert Schaeberle

Larry Jaques

May 21, 2018, 11:15:22 AM5/21/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 21:11:10 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 20 May 2018 13:08:20 -0700 (PDT), "dca...@krl.org"
><dca...@krl.org> wrote:
>
>>On Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 10:55:12 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
>>
>>>y Im open to all.....all
>>> suggestions.
>>>
>>> Gunner.....
>>
>>My wife and I both stopped smoking the simple cheap way. We did not quit at the same time, but we just stopped buying cigarettes and just stopped smoking. For years after I stopped, I would have the urge to smoke when I was outside in cool to cold weather and was taking a break from what ever I was working on.
>>
>>I have not kept up with the cost of cigarettes , but must be about $1 per cigarette. How about figuring out the cost of each cigarette and put in the cost of a cigarette into a jar each time you find yourself wanting a smoke.
>>
>>If you can quit for two days you will have passed the hard time.
>>
>> Dan
>
>Ive quit 23 times now. Smokes are $7.03 a pack at 7-11 for my brank.

You haven't quit.

>I smoke a pack a day.
>
>Still cant quit. Ive gone a week without a smoke. Its not the
>physical addiction. Its the mental addiction.

I chewed and sucked on straws a bit after quitting. There are two
aspects to the mental side. First is the digital addiction, the
wanting to do something with your hands. Second is the concept that
you have to inhale deeply to relax, hence the straw. It took a couple
weeks and half a dozen straws, but by then I was done.

Another way to reduce any mental craving was to mandate that I
wouldn't fake it in the house. I had to get up, walk outside (in
whatever weather), and puff on my straw a few times. That was enough
negativity and hassle to help fight any craving.

See my post to Ig. It was much later that I heard that smoking was a
decision, and I had toggled that mofo to OFF and kept it there.

Merkin

May 21, 2018, 11:34:51 AM5/21/18
As of May 4th I've been smoke free for one year.

When I finally made the decision, I went to war.

Well, I went to Kaiser, although I'm told there are plenty of other programs
available.

Kaiser offered Chantix, which is cute, but I was very paranoid over the
reported medical and mental problems folks say they experienced. I got
something else instead, and though I can't seem to remember exactly what it
was, it had been in use for years to treat anxiety as well. I took them for
a handful of weeks, then stopped. They made me feel a little more mellow,
and slightly disrupted my sleep cycle.

Pills alone won't work, though, because you're fighting several addictions
at once when you quit smoking.

They offered smoking cessation classes. I took them. It sounds silly,
taking classes on how to not do something, but I'll be damned if I didn't
learn quite a bit from them. I learned that the familiar urge to smoke
typically goes away after five minutes or more, among other things. Who
can't suck it up for 5 minutes? I also used smoking as a tool to get a few
minutes of solitude when I felt crowded by people.

I had a few appointments with their smoking cessation specialist, who's a
real doctor. He answered my questions and informed me of various details
about patches and pills and whatnot.

I got patches and Nicorette. I never used the patches as I didn't think the
constant introduction of nicotine into my body was something I wanted or
needed, but I had them just in case. The gum, on the other hand, was very
helpful, and I still occasionally have a piece every couple weeks or so.
Mind that you don't chew it like regular gum, or you'll get sick. Follow
the directions! There are cheaper options than the brand name Nicorette.
They're about half the price, and they do work. They aren't quite as tasty
or smooth, however, so if you got the cash get the name brand stuff.

Oh, and Nicorette (and the fakorette varieties) come in different strengths.
I started with the 4mg (they go up to 6 I believe) and went straight to the
2 after. Looking back I would have started with the 2, just because it's
easier to 'upgrade' to 4 than cutting the gum in half, which is what I ended
up doing with the 4mg.

I set a quit day. There was supposed to be as little stress as possible
that week. Well, it just so happened to get unseasonably warm that day, and
my cat saw fit to die, so I smoked one cigarette just to try to get the
dead-cat-sitting-in-the-sun-all-day stink out of my nose. It didn't work,
but I did smoke once that day, and I don't do excuses, so I count my "quit
day" as the next day.

Finally, I saw a shrink. Lets get real here, smoking is basically an
extended form of suicide. We know it's killing us, so why are we punishing
ourselves? I can't say I solved all my problems with a few visits, but I
did become aware of them, and how to deal with them without smoking.

Shortly after quitting, I had my car detailed, and I paid a kid to go around
the house and pick up cigarette butts. I hosed off the ash from my smoking
areas, washed or dry cleaned all my clothes, shampooed my carpet, furniture,
and even my mattress, and had a cleaning lady come in and clean the house.

I didn't smoke in the house, and only very rarely smoked in the car, and
that was with the windows open. Still, smoke tends to waft inside, it gets
on your clothes, rubs off your hands and onto everything you
touch...basically it's like decontamination. If you smoked heavily in the
car, you may need a new one if you can't get the smell out. If you smoked
in the house, you want to clean the drapes and blinds, maybe paint, and have
a pro do your carpets. My father told me he would wake up smelling
cigarette smoke for months after he quit. I didn't, so I'm thinking that
had something to do with it.

When that smoker's urge came along, I would get up and go for a walk.
Sometimes I'd walk fast, or if I was at work, walk up and down the stairs.
The urge did indeed go away after a handful of minutes.

I also made a few changes to how I deal with people and work. It isn't just
stress I want to avoid, but stupid stuff as well. For instance, when 3
people come to me with 6 problems and start clucking all at once, I yell
STOP, tell them they're wonderful people, inform them I no longer do
multitasking, point to one and say "You're first." I try to do it in a
light hearted, funny way, because I need them as much as they need me. I
also don't put up with disrespect from those in my life. I don't care if
they're good, close friends, or even family, if they can't show me the very
basic level of respect, they don't get to be part of my life. That has,
sadly, resulted in some dear loved ones getting excommunicated. Tough shit.
I no longer allow anybody to threaten my peace of mind. When I feel I need
solitude, I simply step out for some "fresh air" or, if I'm with one of
those people who just don't 'get it', I tell them I have to blow some
horrendous farts.

It sounds like a lot. Hell, I probably left a couple things out. Still, I
smoked for 28 years, and up until the last day I enjoyed it. I didn't even
have health problems from it. The only external motivation I had for
quitting was my daughter, who was just about to turn 2. I didn't want her
associating me with cigarette smoke or smoking, and I'd kinda like to live
long enough to threaten her future boyfriends with physical violence. If,
however, I "quit smoking for her," I may have felt resentment towards her
whenever I had the urge to smoke. Not a good thing, because people can pick
up on that, especially children.

I quit for myself.

My main motivation to quit, however, was that the 'benefits' from smoking
had all but disappeared. I was still stressed, it's not sexy to smoke and I
was single, it cost money, I had to stop playing with my daughter to go
outside and smoke, I was constantly watching for dark spots on my teeth, and
so on. It had become a comforting habit, nothing more.

Ironically, when I did the balance sheet, one of the things that kept me
smoking was the "Screw you nosy people telling me it's bad for me, I'll do
what I want!" Yeah, that was really going through my head in my late 40's.
See why I saw a shrink?

So now, a year later, I have a few Nicorettes left. I have had one in two
or three weeks. I've had a lot of stress a lot of times, however I have
learned other ways of dealing with trying times. I gained about 30 pounds,
but I've lost 2/3 of that just by giving up sodas and fast junk food...and
by chasing a now 3 year old toddler around until She gets tired. I still
get the urge to smoke now and then, and I strangely miss that feeling of
having smoke in my lungs, but it's a lot more abstract...I can't imagine
myself having a cigarette. Or a cigar (got rid of those too...loopholes are
excuses). I frequently take long, slow, deep breaths and tell myself that's
just as good as smoking. I'm starting to believe it, even though I know
damn good and well it is entirely true.

Oddly, my stress levels have gone down. How? My life no longer revolves
around smoking. I didn't even realize that until I quit. I can't smoke
inside businesses, I can't smoke in my office or work vehicle, I don't smoke
around my daughter, in my car, or in my house, and even some cities and
parks have regulations on where you can smoke. As a smoker, I had to plan
my life around all that just to make sure I could smoke when I wanted to.
Am I far enough away from people and doorways? Can I keep an eye on my
daughter without her seeing me smoking? Can I go to the movies without
getting up half way through to smoke? Without realizing it, all that was
adding to my stress.

I didn't do some of the things they tell you to do when you quit. For
instance, I didn't stop drinking coffee in the mornings, I didn't avoid
people who smoked, and I certainly didn't replace smoking with vaping or
E-cigs, chewing on gum or a straw, or anything like that.

And so that is, hopefully, a fairly complete story on how I quit smoking. I
do hope it helps.

Good luck!

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

[...]

CS

May 21, 2018, 11:46:19 AM5/21/18
Ok, not sure where "Merkin" came from.

I posted here a few years ago, and after a few weeks of lurking I'm back.

CS

Steve from Colorado

May 21, 2018, 12:10:14 PM5/21/18
Excellent reply to Gunner. Nice to see a person reply to the post
rather than veer off onto some other subject.

I quit smoking in 1996 for the same reasons you did, and used a nicotine
patch method to quit the habit. I am rewarded every time I get out and
mow the lawn or chop wood or climb a mountain and don't even breathe
hard. Had I not quit smoking (or chewing tobacco), I'm sure that by now
I would have emphysema or some form of cancer. When I walk in a store
and see that a carton of cigarettes is priced at $70 or more, I am so
glad I don't have a two pack a day cigarette habit. Maybe with your
thoughtful post, Gunner will kick the nasty habit.

--
”When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -- Hunter S. Thompson

globalgulag.us

Standard Poodle

May 21, 2018, 12:12:29 PM5/21/18
On 05/20/2018 07:55 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

> All....... I had an epiphamy after reading this article.
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/01/22/cost-of-smoking/22144969/
> So..... your best advice on how to stop is needed...... desperately.
> Ive tried everything over the years and have quit many.... many times
> but it never takes.

I urge you to not quit smoking, because I care about your health.

Several studies have shown that smokers have a lower risk of developing
Parkinson's disease.
<https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/03/100310162823.htm>

Indeed, a study published in the May 2015 issue of the American Journal
of Epidemiology reported that people with a history of smoking had a 45%
lower risk of developing PD.
<https://www.neurologyadvisor.com/movement-disorders/parkinsons-disease-smoking-nicotine-tobacco-use-neuroprotective/article/458995/>

pyotr filipivich

May 21, 2018, 12:12:46 PM5/21/18
Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com> on Sun, 20 May 2018 21:11:10 -0700

>Ive quit 23 times now. Smokes are $7.03 a pack at 7-11 for my brank.
>
>I smoke a pack a day.
>
>Still cant quit. Ive gone a week without a smoke. Its not the
>physical addiction. Its the mental addiction.

"Habits of the hand"

As I say ,. storming out of the computer lab to have a smoke,
slapping my pockets and realizing I quit smoking 15 years before.
--
pyotr filipivich

CS

May 21, 2018, 12:34:49 PM5/21/18

"Steve from Colorado" wrote in message news:pdur13$62u$1...@dont-email.me...

On 05/21/2018 09:34 AM, Merkin wrote:
> As of May 4th I've been smoke free for one year.
>
> When I finally made the decision, I went to war.

<snip>
> And so that is, hopefully, a fairly complete story on how I quit smoking.
> I do hope it helps.
>
> Good luck!

Excellent reply to Gunner. Nice to see a person reply to the post
rather than veer off onto some other subject.

I quit smoking in 1996 for the same reasons you did, and used a nicotine
patch method to quit the habit. I am rewarded every time I get out and
mow the lawn or chop wood or climb a mountain and don't even breathe
hard. Had I not quit smoking (or chewing tobacco), I'm sure that by now
I would have emphysema or some form of cancer. When I walk in a store
and see that a carton of cigarettes is priced at $70 or more, I am so
glad I don't have a two pack a day cigarette habit. Maybe with your
thoughtful post, Gunner will kick the nasty habit.

--
”When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -- Hunter S. Thompson

globalgulag.us

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you. It's a bit more sharing than I'm entirely comfortable with, but
it was a big deal for me, and likely will be for others.

The whole "Be strong, just quit" thing is cute, but misses the point. It's
easier to do, or quit, something if you understand the hows and whys of
it...at least for folks like me.

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 12:40:21 PM5/21/18
That wont work for me because I love the smell of a dirty ashtray!
Although its hard to tell which part of the odor smorgisboard is
ashtray, dog, mold, scum etc....shrug.

>My suggestion to anyone who truly wishes to quit is to do the same.
>Taper down, then quit cold turkey. Quitting is a decision, nothing
>more. You either wish to quit or you don't. Make the decision.

The decision was made many....many years ago. I decided to quit and I
did many times. And Ill keep quitting no matter what!

raykeller

May 21, 2018, 12:42:33 PM5/21/18

"CS" <c...@linkline.com> wrote in message news:pdusf6$g8k$1...@dont-email.me...
You dumbfucks are not replying to Gunner
READ THE FUCKING HEADERS
You are replying to his stalker

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 12:45:05 PM5/21/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 08:34:49 -0700, "Merkin" <c...@linkline.com> wrote:

>As of May 4th I've been smoke free for one year.
>
>When I finally made the decision, I went to war.
>
>Well, I went to Kaiser, although I'm told there are plenty of other programs
>available.
>
>Kaiser offered Chantix, which is cute, but I was very paranoid over the
>reported medical and mental problems folks say they experienced. I got
>something else instead, and though I can't seem to remember exactly what it
>was, it had been in use for years to treat anxiety as well. I took them for
>a handful of weeks, then stopped. They made me feel a little more mellow,
>and slightly disrupted my sleep cycle.
>
>Pills alone won't work, though, because you're fighting several addictions
>at once when you quit smoking.
>
>They offered smoking cessation classes. I took them. It sounds silly,
>taking classes on how to not do something, but I'll be damned if I didn't
>learn quite a bit from them. I learned that the familiar urge to smoke
>typically goes away after five minutes or more, among other things. Who
>can't suck it up for 5 minutes?

<raises hand> 5 minutes is an eternity when the pack is sitting right
there calling me. Im okay if I keep busy. I click the check for new
posts button whenever Im not reading or responding. But if there are
no new posts I reach for a smoke.....even if theres already one in my
mouth....shrug.

> I also used smoking as a tool to get a few
>minutes of solitude when I felt crowded by people.
>
>I had a few appointments with their smoking cessation specialist, who's a
>real doctor. He answered my questions and informed me of various details
>about patches and pills and whatnot.

Do they take payments?

>I got patches and Nicorette. I never used the patches as I didn't think the
>constant introduction of nicotine into my body was something I wanted or
>needed, but I had them just in case. The gum, on the other hand, was very
>helpful, and I still occasionally have a piece every couple weeks or so.
>Mind that you don't chew it like regular gum, or you'll get sick. Follow
>the directions! There are cheaper options than the brand name Nicorette.
>They're about half the price, and they do work. They aren't quite as tasty
>or smooth, however, so if you got the cash get the name brand stuff.
>
>Oh, and Nicorette (and the fakorette varieties) come in different strengths.
>I started with the 4mg (they go up to 6 I believe) and went straight to the
>2 after. Looking back I would have started with the 2, just because it's
>easier to 'upgrade' to 4 than cutting the gum in half, which is what I ended
>up doing with the 4mg.
>
>I set a quit day. There was supposed to be as little stress as possible
>that week. Well, it just so happened to get unseasonably warm that day, and
>my cat saw fit to die, so I smoked one cigarette just to try to get the
>dead-cat-sitting-in-the-sun-all-day stink out of my nose. It didn't work,
>but I did smoke once that day, and I don't do excuses, so I count my "quit
>day" as the next day.
>
>Finally, I saw a shrink. Lets get real here, smoking is basically an
>extended form of suicide. We know it's killing us, so why are we punishing
>ourselves? I can't say I solved all my problems with a few visits, but I
>did become aware of them, and how to deal with them without smoking.

I dont need no stinking shrink to tell me what I already know.....that
Im going to live to at least 105. I plan to work until Im 85....maybe
longer if the rent isnt caught up by then.

>Shortly after quitting, I had my car detailed, and I paid a kid to go around
>the house and pick up cigarette butts. I hosed off the ash from my smoking
>areas, washed or dry cleaned all my clothes, shampooed my carpet, furniture,
>and even my mattress, and had a cleaning lady come in and clean the house.

That sounds like a good idea. My place needs a new roof and new floor
anyway. Once that stuff is removed how much more smell can there be?
Something for me to consider doing for sure. Maybe in my seventies.
But then theres the smell from the new plywood to consider....which
makes me shudder.

>I didn't smoke in the house, and only very rarely smoked in the car, and
>that was with the windows open.

I smoke in the house and the car so that when Im out of smokes the
residual smoke keeps me going until I can get a new pack. Its a real
challenge to be outdoors without a smoke and no life sustaining
residual to fall back on.
You had it easy. Im already over 50 years of smoking. Its not really
that much of a problem exept for the cost. Ive only had two major
surgeries and the worst part of that was not being able to smoke in
the hospital.

I see that you've written a lot more but I need to drive Moby Dick the
van to the store for more smokes. Thanks anyway.

Steve from Colorado

May 21, 2018, 12:53:38 PM5/21/18
> You dumbfucks (sic) are not replying to Gunner
> READ THE FUCKING HEADERS
> You are replying to his stalker

So his stalker is wanting to quit smoking. The same advice applies to
anyone wanting to quit tobacco.

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 12:53:57 PM5/21/18
That is GREAT news! Im beginning to wonder if all the so called
"scientists" that are against smoking are part of the Deep State. It
all makes sense now that I find out they want me to catch Parkinsons!
Id add their names to the cull list except that I had so many emails I
think I may have deleted the list keepers addy.

nob...@nowhere.com

May 21, 2018, 12:58:24 PM5/21/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 09:12:25 -0700, Standard Poodle
<stan...@poodle.com> wrote:

Can't prove any connection but I quit smoking somewhere around my 40th
birthday. Quitting smoking was the hardest change I ever made in my
habits. Other than being diabetic I have no major health problems. My
next birthday, if I make it will be number 90.

CS

May 21, 2018, 1:08:09 PM5/21/18
"Steve from Colorado" wrote in message news:pdutif$mu7$1...@dont-email.me...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, that's stalkerist.

Bill

May 21, 2018, 2:25:25 PM5/21/18
Perhaps smoking might offer some protection from PD; but I think that
ignores the bigger picture: data that shows smokers overall life
expectancies are ~ 10 years less than non-smokers.

I sure wouldn't trade 10 years for 45% protection...

<https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/tobacco_related_mortality/index.htm>

--
Email address is a Spam trap.

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 21, 2018, 2:32:47 PM5/21/18
But not the real estate on which it sits, and on which you are many
months in arrears on the rent, as is typical of dole scroungers and
life-long chiselers.

David G Hall

May 21, 2018, 2:34:10 PM5/21/18
Good thinking.

Derek Nash

May 21, 2018, 2:35:35 PM5/21/18
On 5/21/2018 8:07 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
> On Sun, 20 May 2018 21:39:03 -0500, Ignoramus11502
> <ignoram...@NOSPAM.11502.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2018-05-21, Gunner Asch <Gunne...@gmaiil.com> wrote:

> Goodonya, Ig. BTW, e-cigs have been proven to be just as bad as
> tobacco, so that's no better.

That's wrong. Nicotine is bad no matter what, but the e-cigarettes are
*far* less harmful to health than ordinary cigarettes.

Delvin Benet

May 21, 2018, 2:37:11 PM5/21/18
On 5/21/2018 9:12 AM, Standard Poodle wrote:
> On 05/20/2018 07:55 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
>>
>> All....... I had an epiphamy after reading this article.
>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/01/22/cost-of-smoking/22144969/
>>
>> So..... your best advice on how to stop is needed...... desperately.
>> Ive tried everything over the years and have quit many.... many times
>> but it never takes.
>
> I urge you to not quit smoking, because I care about your health.

Your wish will come true. There is no way he'll ever quit. If he were
in a hospital in an oxygen tent, he would stick his head outside the
tent to take a drag on a cigarette held by friend.

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 2:56:52 PM5/21/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 09:34:46 -0700, "CS" <c...@linkline.com> wrote:

>Excellent reply to Gunner.

Except it was based on a fraudulent post from a troll who continues to
use my name.

But it was a good reply nonetheless.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 2:57:40 PM5/21/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 09:45:04 -0700, Gunner Asch
<Gunne...@gmaiil.com> wrote:

>From: Gunner Asch <Gunne...@gmaiil.com>
>Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
>Subject: Re: Stop smoking advice needed
>Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 09:45:04 -0700
>
>On Mon, 21 May 2018 08:34:49 -0700, "Merkin" <c...@linkline.com> wrote:
>
>>As of May 4th I've been smoke free for one year.
>>
>>When I finally made the decision, I went to war.
>>
>>Well, I went to Kaiser, although I'm told there are plenty of other programs
>>available.
>>
>>Kaiser offered Chantix, which is cute, but I was very paranoid over the
>>reported medical and mental problems folks say they experienced. I got
>>something else instead, and though I can't seem to remember exactly what it
>>was, it had been in use for years to treat anxiety as well. I took them for
>>a handful of weeks, then stopped. They made me feel a little more mellow,
>>and slightly disrupted my sleep cycle.
>>
>>Pills alone won't work, though, because you're fighting several addictions
>>at once when you quit smoking.
>>
>>They offered smoking cessation classes. I took them. It sounds silly,
>>taking classes on how to not do something, but I'll be damned if I didn't
>>learn quite a bit from them. I learned that the familiar urge to smoke
>>typically goes away after five minutes or more, among other things. Who
>>can't suck it up for 5 minutes?
>
><raises hand> 5 minutes is an eternity when the pack is sitting right
>there calling me. Im okay if I keep busy. I click the check for new
>posts button whenever Im not reading or responding. But if there are
>no new posts I reach for a smoke.....even if theres already one in my
>mouth....shrug.

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 2:58:16 PM5/21/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 09:53:56 -0700, Gunner Asch
<Gunne...@gmaiil.com> wrote:

>From: Gunner Asch <Gunne...@gmaiil.com>
>Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
>Subject: Re: Stop smoking advice needed
>Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 09:53:56 -0700

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 3:03:03 PM5/21/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 08:07:57 -0700, Larry Jaques
Its not quite that easy for many of us out there.

Shrug.

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 3:04:41 PM5/21/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 08:15:20 -0700, Larry Jaques
<lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:

>>> Dan
>>
>>Ive quit 23 times now. Smokes are $7.03 a pack at 7-11 for my brank.
>
>You haven't quit.

No shit..you think?

>>I smoke a pack a day.
>>
>>Still cant quit. Ive gone a week without a smoke. Its not the
>>physical addiction. Its the mental addiction.
>
>I chewed and sucked on straws a bit after quitting. There are two
>aspects to the mental side. First is the digital addiction, the
>wanting to do something with your hands. Second is the concept that
>you have to inhale deeply to relax, hence the straw. It took a couple
>weeks and half a dozen straws, but by then I was done.
>
>Another way to reduce any mental craving was to mandate that I
>wouldn't fake it in the house. I had to get up, walk outside (in
>whatever weather), and puff on my straw a few times. That was enough
>negativity and hassle to help fight any craving.
>
>See my post to Ig. It was much later that I heard that smoking was a
>decision, and I had toggled that mofo to OFF and kept it there.
>
>--
>If we can ever make red tape nutritional, we can feed the world.
> --Robert Schaeberle

See my previous posts. (not the fraudulent ones)

Shrug

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 3:06:17 PM5/21/18
Ayup..and that..is the tough part. When I went to Conneticult last
month..I had (1) cigarette in (2) days. Didnt bother me much. The
moment I got back in the truck when I returned...lit one back up.

Had to.

Gunner

CS

May 21, 2018, 3:27:37 PM5/21/18
I wasn't aware you had graduated to Followed By Crazy status. I've been
away far too long.

Congratulations!

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

Duke Potts

May 21, 2018, 4:31:42 PM5/21/18
Common sense solutions that normal people usually find quite easy to
implement naturally are not going to be easy for a lifelong
dole-scrounging chiseler like you.

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 5:31:04 PM5/21/18
Aw shucks. Thanks. I dont mention it very often but I do have a 165
IQ.....shrug. Some day I will use it to figure out why I never have
any money. There must a logical explanation. If anybody has fellow
genius Steven Hokkins email addy I might ask him to put his mind to
work on the problem.

Carries On

May 21, 2018, 5:32:31 PM5/21/18
Are you sure he'd bother to stick his head out? I think something like
this is more likely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7QpSfvyOek

Carries On

May 21, 2018, 5:34:05 PM5/21/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 21:13:54 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I already own a house.

Nope.

Facts:

1. It's an outright lie to pretend that a dumpy mobile with negative
equity on a rented lot counts as home ownership. And the topper is
that you're behind on the rent!

2. You're effectively a squatter because your creditors own the mobile
to the extent that you can't sell it. Any buyer would have to pay off
ALL the debts first, which would never happen. You owe Kern County
alone more than the rotting POS is worth. $23 grand in unpaid property
taxes!
http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/Payment/ATNDetails.aspx?NUMBER=03930320008&NUM_TYPE=AT&YR=C

3. If you're lucky, <chuckle> neither the landlord or the County or
any of the other creditors will kick you out of that shithole before
you die. At which point you'll leave a widow with an impossible
mountain of debt.

What brand of conservatism do you call that?

Gunner Asch

May 21, 2018, 8:42:04 PM5/21/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 14:31:04 -0700, Gunner Asch
<Gunne...@gmaiil.com> wrote:

>From: Gunner Asch <Gunne...@gmaiil.com>
>Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
>Subject: Re: Stop smoking advice needed
>Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 14:31:04 -0700

Larry Jaques

May 21, 2018, 10:35:14 PM5/21/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 09:40:22 -0700, Gunner Asch
<Gunne...@gmaiil.com> wrote:

>That wont work for me because I love the smell of a dirty ashtray!

Somebody nuke this bogosity.

Larry Jaques

May 21, 2018, 10:36:35 PM5/21/18
Read the more recent in-depth reports on them. The honeymoon's over.

Larry Jaques

May 21, 2018, 10:41:16 PM5/21/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 12:03:03 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:
That's only true if you are incapable of making a decision. If you are
lying to yourself about wanting to stop, it will be hard. If not, it
won't. As a person familiar to Zen, this should be a piece of cake.
Then again, it's harder if someone else smokes around you constantly.
Still, it's a decision, a logical zero or one. Choose, Grasshoppa.

David G Hall

May 21, 2018, 10:42:10 PM5/21/18
On 5/21/2018 2:34 PM, Carries On wrote:
> On Sun, 20 May 2018 21:13:54 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> I already own a house.
>
> Nope.
>
> Facts:
>
> 1. It's an outright lie to pretend that a dumpy mobile with negative
> equity on a rented lot counts as home ownership. And the topper is
> that you're behind on the rent!

Yep.

> 2. You're effectively a squatter because your creditors own the mobile
> to the extent that you can't sell it. Any buyer would have to pay off
> ALL the debts first, which would never happen. You owe Kern County
> alone more than the rotting POS is worth. $23 grand in unpaid property
> taxes!
> http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/Payment/ATNDetails.aspx?NUMBER=03930320008&NUM_TYPE=AT&YR=C

LOL! The back taxes exceed the value of the pre-fab.

> 3. If you're lucky, <chuckle> neither the landlord or the County or
> any of the other creditors will kick you out of that shithole before
> you die. At which point you'll leave a widow with an impossible
> mountain of debt.
>
> What brand of conservatism do you call that?

Mark Wieber is a socialist.

rangerssuck

May 22, 2018, 12:10:08 AM5/22/18
I can speak with authority about what worked for me. I smoked for 25 years, including at least ten years of 3 packs of unfiltered Camels a day. One day, I just decided enough is enough. i chewed the nicotine gum for about a week, but stopped doing that too.

That was in the summer of 1984, and I haven't smoked since. Not that I don't WANT to. I still like the smell. When I'm working in front of the computer, I often find myself absent-mindedly reaching in my shirt pocket for a cigarette, but I know damned well that if I allowed myself to have ONE, I'd go right back to the full blown thing. And I sincerely doubt I'd be able to stop again.

Food didn't taste any better, the world didn't smell any better, I didn't have any gain in energy. The big gain was that I no longer run out of cigarettes and have to run out in the middle of the night to buy them.

On the other hand, I am awaiting the time when i learn of my more-or-less imminent demise - maybe from a fatal disease with no other symptoms other than the death itself, or perhaps from the Great Cull. Once I know when it's coming, I can start smoking again. I look forward to it.

Speaking of The Cull, Gunner claims to have me blocked somehow, so if one of you would be kind enough to reply to this so he'll see it, i\I'd be somewhat (but not much) obliged.

Gunner Asch

May 22, 2018, 2:22:23 AM5/22/18
So Larry..If I decide that I AM going to walk on water..really really
hard..Ill be walking on water in just a day or two?

Really?

Show us how that works buddy.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

May 22, 2018, 2:32:07 AM5/22/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 19:42:08 -0700, David G Hall <d...@ph.con> wrote:

>On 5/21/2018 2:34 PM, Carries On wrote:
>> On Sun, 20 May 2018 21:13:54 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I already own a house.
>>
>> Nope.
>>
>> Facts:
>>
>> 1. It's an outright lie to pretend that a dumpy mobile with negative
>> equity on a rented lot counts as home ownership. And the topper is
>> that you're behind on the rent!
>
>Yep.
>
>> 2. You're effectively a squatter because your creditors own the mobile
>> to the extent that you can't sell it. Any buyer would have to pay off
>> ALL the debts first, which would never happen. You owe Kern County
>> alone more than the rotting POS is worth. $23 grand in unpaid property
>> taxes!
>> http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/Payment/ATNDetails.aspx?NUMBER=03930320008&NUM_TYPE=AT&YR=C
>
>LOL! The back taxes exceed the value of the pre-fab.

You seem to forget that Ive stated the records are screwed up....

Property Address:
326 OLIVE AV
TAFT, CA
Summary for ATN 039-303-04-00-2
Total Amount Now Due: $0.00

Select Installment Delinquent Date Amount Due Status
Tax Bill 17-1033426-00-3 (Secured Bill)
First Monday, December 11, 2017 $0.00 Paid $204.47
on 12/11/2017.
Second Tuesday, April 10, 2018 $0.00 Paid $204.46 on
04/10/2018.
Tax Bill 16-1033461-00-5 (Secured Redemption Bill)
Bill has been redeemed.
Single $0.00 Paid $520.89 on 03/30/2018.

>> 3. If you're lucky, <chuckle> neither the landlord or the County or
>> any of the other creditors will kick you out of that shithole before
>> you die. At which point you'll leave a widow with an impossible
>> mountain of debt.
>>
>> What brand of conservatism do you call that?
>
>Mark Wieber is a socialist.

Laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh!!

Carries On

May 22, 2018, 10:38:29 AM5/22/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 19:35:16 -0700, Larry Jaques
<lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 May 2018 09:40:22 -0700, Gunner Asch
><Gunne...@gmaiil.com> wrote:
>
>>That wont work for me because I love the smell of a dirty ashtray!
>
>Somebody nuke this bogosity.

LOL Aren't you the guy who's always telling people to ignore things
they don't like? Doctor, heal thyself.

Anyway, you might note that one of the reason Wieber attracts so much
animus is that he's fond of pretending he's taking people out. Are
you thinking it worked so well for him that you'll adopt the strategy?

Carries On

May 22, 2018, 10:40:13 AM5/22/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 19:41:18 -0700, Larry Jaques
There can be no doubt about that. He can't even decide to cull the
newsletters etc that are choking his inbox to the point his email
account is useless.

> If you are
>lying to yourself

If? IF? Too funny.

>about wanting to stop, it will be hard. If not, it
>won't. As a person familiar to Zen,

In what reality is Wieber "familiar to Zen?" JFC you're as nutty as
Wieber.

> this should be a piece of cake.

Bwahahaha! At least a 10 year old piece of cake so far! And you've
probably been giving him advice about how to quit for that long. See a
pattern?

>Then again, it's harder if someone else smokes around you constantly.

He used to blame his inability to quit on his wife's smoking. But now
her monthly checks are preventing the shit wagon from grinding to a
halt.

>Still, it's a decision, a logical zero or one. Choose, Grasshoppa.

He chose a long time ago. As did you - to support a deadbeat no matter
the absurdity of it.

Carries On

May 22, 2018, 10:46:37 AM5/22/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 23:32:07 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 21 May 2018 19:42:08 -0700, David G Hall <d...@ph.con> wrote:
>
>>On 5/21/2018 2:34 PM, Carries On wrote:

>>> Nope.
>>>
>>> Facts:
>>>
>>> 1. It's an outright lie to pretend that a dumpy mobile with negative
>>> equity on a rented lot counts as home ownership. And the topper is
>>> that you're behind on the rent!
>>
>>Yep.
>>
>>> 2. You're effectively a squatter because your creditors own the mobile
>>> to the extent that you can't sell it. Any buyer would have to pay off
>>> ALL the debts first, which would never happen. You owe Kern County
>>> alone more than the rotting POS is worth. $23 grand in unpaid property
>>> taxes!
>>> http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/Payment/ATNDetails.aspx?NUMBER=03930320008&NUM_TYPE=AT&YR=C
>>
>>LOL! The back taxes exceed the value of the pre-fab.
>
>You seem to forget that Ive stated the records are screwed up....

And you seem to forget that everybody knows you're an incompetent
liar.

<2017> "I choose to not pay my property taxes, and only do so when
forced to do so"
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/rec.crafts.metalworking/eHONhUwqdI4/9RONLpH5EAAJ

> Property Address:
>326 OLIVE AV
>TAFT, CA
>Summary for ATN 039-303-04-00-2
>Total Amount Now Due: $0.00
>

>Select Installment Delinquent Date Amount Due Status
>Tax Bill 17-1033426-00-3 (Secured Bill)
> First Monday, December 11, 2017 $0.00 Paid $204.47
>on 12/11/2017.
> Second Tuesday, April 10, 2018 $0.00 Paid $204.46 on
>04/10/2018.
>Tax Bill 16-1033461-00-5 (Secured Redemption Bill)
>Bill has been redeemed.
> Single $0.00 Paid $520.89 on 03/30/2018.

Bottom line: "Total Amount Now Due $22,918.53"
http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/Payment/ATNDetails.aspx?NUMBER=03930320008&NUM_TYPE=AT&YR=C

Not counting all the other liens and who knows how much unrecorded
debt like the back rent on the lot.

Exactly as I said - your shithole is worth less than the liens
recorded against it.

>>> 3. If you're lucky, <chuckle> neither the landlord or the County or
>>> any of the other creditors will kick you out of that shithole before
>>> you die. At which point you'll leave a widow with an impossible
>>> mountain of debt.
>>>
>>> What brand of conservatism do you call that?
>>
>>Mark Wieber is a socialist.
>
>Laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh!!

"My wifes medical bills are somewhere around $3 million dollars, all
paid by the state, and mine are around $275ish, 000,00"

"My medical bills? What medical bills? I filed Bankruptcy a couple
months ago. Phoof! All gone!"
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.transport.trucking/msg/f58b373e0c864533

What type of "Conservatives" spend on smokes instead of insurance, and
then suck up MILLIONS for their healthcare? A: Deadbeat phony
conservatives.

Carries On

May 22, 2018, 10:52:51 AM5/22/18
There's no evidence that Wieber blocks anyone. On the contrary, he
says he gets 5000 emails per week, which demonstrates a remarkable
inability to be selective. He admits he can't read that much, so he
just deletes it all. Which means he'll miss all the updates from the
cull list. <chuckle>

Larry Jaques

May 22, 2018, 2:39:15 PM5/22/18
On Mon, 21 May 2018 23:22:24 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 21 May 2018 19:41:18 -0700, Larry Jaques
><lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:
>

>>>Its not quite that easy for many of us out there.
>>>
>>>Shrug.
>>
>>That's only true if you are incapable of making a decision. If you are
>>lying to yourself about wanting to stop, it will be hard. If not, it
>>won't. As a person familiar to Zen, this should be a piece of cake.
>>Then again, it's harder if someone else smokes around you constantly.
>>Still, it's a decision, a logical zero or one. Choose, Grasshoppa.
>
>So Larry..If I decide that I AM going to walk on water..really really
>hard..Ill be walking on water in just a day or two?

You really don't want to quit, so I rest my case.

>Really?
>
>Show us how that works buddy.

It's easier with simple habits, silly boy.

Clave

May 22, 2018, 9:22:44 PM5/22/18
You stupid cocksucker, Wieber - that's for the *land*, which you do not
own. The land is owned by Best Real Estate Solutions, LLC. *They* pay
their property taxes. You don't.

Here are your *unpaid* tax bills, Wieber:

Tax Bill 17-1033442-00-9 (Secured Bill)
First Monday, December 11, 2017 $93.40 Unpaid.
Includes Late Penalty $8.49
Second Tuesday, April 10, 2018 $103.39 Unpaid.
Includes Late Penalty $18.49
Tax Bill 17-8001417-00-5 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Sunday, April 30, 2017 $294.36 Unpaid.
Includes Late Penalty $28.44
Tax Bill 16-8001411-00-8 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Saturday, April 30, 2016 $306.96 Unpaid.
Includes Late Penalty $27.02
Tax Bill 15-8003319-00-2 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Thursday, April 30, 2015 $499.93 Unpaid.
http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/Payment/ATNDetails.aspx?NUMBER=03930320008&NUM_TYPE=AT&YR=C

Tax Bill 16-8001411-00-8 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Saturday, April 30, 2016 $306.96 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 15-8003319-00-2 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Thursday, April 30, 2015 $499.93 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 14-8001271-00-0 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Wednesday, April 30, 2014 $443.14 Unpaid.
http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/Payment/ATNDetails.aspx?NUMBER=03930320008&NUM_TYPE=AT&YR=H

You're a deadbeat and a chiseler and a dole scrounger, Wieber. You
always will be. Every Wieber is.

Siri Cruise

May 22, 2018, 9:39:19 PM5/22/18
Numerous other unpaid bills at that second link:

Tax Bill 11-1034303-00-8 (Secured Bill)
First Monday, December 12, 2011 $222.25
Second Tuesday, April 10, 2012 $232.25
Tax Bill 09-8001382-00-7 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Thursday, April 30, 2009 $1,134.31 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 08-8001153-00-0 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Wednesday, April 30, 2008 $1,168.72 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 07-8001076-00-1 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Monday, April 30, 2007 $1,202.45 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 06-8001230-00-2 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Sunday, April 30, 2006 $1,242.11 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 05-8001152-00-0 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Saturday, April 30, 2005 $1,248.68 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 04-8001168-00-8 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Friday, April 30, 2004 $1,004.38 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 03-8001061-00-1 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Wednesday, April 30, 2003 $1,127.66 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 02-8001128-00-4 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Tuesday, April 30, 2002 $1,075.55 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 01-8001123-00-0 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Monday, April 30, 2001 $1,124.45 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 00-8001164-00-0 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Sunday, April 30, 2000 $1,171.41 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 99-8001286-00-5 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Friday, April 30, 1999 $1,228.38 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 98-8001257-00-2 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Thursday, April 30, 1998 $1,385.85 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 97-8001285-00-4 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Wednesday, April 30, 1997 $1,328.23 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 95-8001289-00-8 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Sunday, April 30, 1995 $1,418.14 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 94-8040045-00-0 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Monday, May 02, 1994 $1,429.27 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 93-8040042-00-2 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Friday, April 30, 1993 $1,440.98 Unpaid.
Tax Bill 92-8040038-00-2 (Unsecured Escape Bill)
Lien has been filed. Bill must be paid with secured funds.
First Thursday, April 30, 1992 $1,446.78 Unpaid.

Altogether, there is a total of $22,881.88 in back - *unpaid* - taxes on
that crackerbox spread across *25* tax bills going back to 1992.

*D-E-A-D-B-E-A-T*

--
:-<> Siri Seal of Horseshit #000-001. Horseshit. Bullshit. Shit. @
'I desire torrid wild-eyed bungholery.' /|\

Myron Meckel

May 22, 2018, 9:45:18 PM5/22/18
As I already pointed out to the dole scrounger, those paid tax bills are
for the taxes on the *land*, which Wieber doesn't own. The owner is
Best Real Estate Solutions LLC, according to the latest deed. That's
the landlord to whom Wieber is in arrears on the rent for several
thousand dollars. The unpaid taxes on the termite-eaten crackerbox are
as you show below.

William Bagwell

May 22, 2018, 9:53:36 PM5/22/18
Which reports, by whom, and with what financial conflicts of
interest? I like the one by the Royal College of Physicians who
state "However, the hazard to health arising from long-term vapour
inhalation from the e-cigarettes available today is unlikely to
exceed 5% of the harm from smoking tobacco."

Or if you want something from this side of the pond,
"The evidence therefore supports a conclusion that the chronic
toxicity of nicotine in amounts ordinarily ob-tained in common forms
of tobacco use is very low indeed."

Not recent, but just as true today as is was back in 1964. Chapter 4
page 32 of the original Surgeon General report, page 41 of the
on-line .pdf

Sorry but Iggy is no "iggy"!
--
William

Gunner Asch

May 22, 2018, 9:54:12 PM5/22/18
On Tue, 22 May 2018 11:39:15 -0700, Larry Jaques
<lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 May 2018 23:22:24 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:

>>>That's only true if you are incapable of making a decision. If you are
>>>lying to yourself about wanting to stop, it will be hard. If not, it
>>>won't. As a person familiar to Zen, this should be a piece of cake.
>>>Then again, it's harder if someone else smokes around you constantly.
>>>Still, it's a decision, a logical zero or one. Choose, Grasshoppa.
>>
>>So Larry..If I decide that I AM going to walk on water..really really
>>hard..Ill be walking on water in just a day or two?
>
>You really don't want to quit, so I rest my case.

You were recently dropped on your skull? Sure sounds like it.

>>Really?
>>
>>Show us how that works buddy.
>
>It's easier with simple habits, silly boy.

What..like turning off the TV at bedtime?

Matt

May 22, 2018, 10:07:21 PM5/22/18
On 5/22/2018 6:54 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2018 11:39:15 -0700, Larry Jaques
> <lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 21 May 2018 23:22:24 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> So Larry..If I decide that I AM going to walk on water..really really
>>> hard..Ill be walking on water in just a day or two?
>>
>> You really don't want to quit, so I rest my case.
>
> You were recently dropped on your skull? Sure sounds like it.

No, he's right, Wieber. You don't want to quit.

>>> Really?
>>>
>>> Show us how that works buddy.
>>
>> It's easier with simple habits, silly boy.
>
> What..like turning off the TV at bedtime?

Pretty much, you deadbeat dole scrounger.

rangerssuck

May 22, 2018, 10:52:55 PM5/22/18
Well that is bad news for me. I'm counting on being kept up to date on my estimated time of cull. Then I can buy a suitable number of cigarettes to enjoy on my way out.

Gunner Asch

May 23, 2018, 12:36:59 AM5/23/18
On Tue, 22 May 2018 19:07:19 -0700, Matt <matt....@gmail.con> wrote:

>On 5/22/2018 6:54 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 May 2018 11:39:15 -0700, Larry Jaques
>> <lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:

>>> You really don't want to quit, so I rest my case.
>>
>> You were recently dropped on your skull? Sure sounds like it.
>
>No, he's right, Wieber. You don't want to quit.

No...Im right. You are a highly infected twat. You know it..I know
it..everyone knows it. Point proven.

>>> It's easier with simple habits, silly boy.
>>
>> What..like turning off the TV at bedtime?
>
>Pretty much, you deadbeat dole scrounger.

So who are you going to be when you make your next post?

Other than a puss dripping cunt?

I see you are still out of solitary. You have been a very good boy
havnt you?

Laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh!!

SpamBuster

May 23, 2018, 1:17:00 AM5/23/18
On 5/22/2018 9:37 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2018 19:07:19 -0700, Matt <matt....@gmail.con> wrote:
>
>> On 5/22/2018 6:54 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

>>> You were recently dropped on your skull? Sure sounds like it.
>>
>> No, he's right, Wieber. You don't want to quit.
>
> No...Im right.

No, you're wrong, Wieber, as you are wrong about everything. You say
you want to quit smoking, but clearly you don't. I know about this
stuff. Both of my parents died from smoking-related illness. My
brother smoked heavily for forty years, quitting cold turkey at age 58 -
because he wanted to quit and so he quit. My sister, who has frequently
said she wants to quit, still smokes at age 60 - because she doesn't
really want to quit.

You don't want to quit. If you did, you would have done by now. You've
had cardiac bypass surgery, in your 50s. Your doctors all told you to
quit. You haven't quit. That's because you don't want to quit. That's
because you're stupid.

>>> What..like turning off the TV at bedtime?
>>
>> Pretty much, you deadbeat dole scrounger.
>
> So who are you going to be when you make your next post?

It doesn't matter who I am, dole-scrounging Wieber. What's important is
what I am. What I am, dole scrounger, is your better - your better in
every dimension.

Gunner Asch

May 23, 2018, 10:35:20 AM5/23/18
On Tue, 22 May 2018 22:16:57 -0700, SpamBuster
<sb@koch_industries.con> wrote:

>From: SpamBuster <sb@koch_industries.con>
>Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
>Subject: Re: Stop smoking advice needed
>Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 22:16:57 -0700
> <qci9gd9sqthai9bma...@4ax.com> <pe2ick$14b9$3...@gioia.aioe.org>
> <7rr9gd911838aat9u...@4ax.com>
>

>It doesn't matter who I am, dole-scrounging Wieber. What's important is
>what I am. What I am, dole scrounger, is your better - your better in
>every dimension.

Snerk....chuckle...laugh....laugh....laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh!!

Take off your Napoleon hat and go back to your room.

amdx

May 23, 2018, 2:54:29 PM5/23/18
On 5/21/2018 11:14 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com> on Sun, 20 May 2018 21:11:10 -0700
> typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
>>
>> Ive quit 23 times now. Smokes are $7.03 a pack at 7-11 for my brank.
>>
>> I smoke a pack a day.
>>
>> Still cant quit. Ive gone a week without a smoke. Its not the
>> physical addiction. Its the mental addiction.
>
> "Habits of the hand"
>
> As I say ,. storming out of the computer lab to have a smoke,
> slapping my pockets and realizing I quit smoking 15 years before.

My dad had a couple of heart attacks before he quit, 10 years later
I was in his garage, he was working on something and got frustrated,
I saw his hand reach up to that shirt pocket where he used to keep his
cigarettes. He smiled when he realized that.

SpamBuster

May 23, 2018, 8:28:08 PM5/23/18
You know it's true, Wieber. You're a loser at everything.

Gunner Asch

May 24, 2018, 1:04:54 AM5/24/18
More buffoonery from our self important mental patient.

laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh!!!

SpamBuster

May 24, 2018, 8:20:49 PM5/24/18
> More buffoonery from [snip]

You're a loser, Wieber - a loser, a dole scrounger, a chiseler, a con man.

Gunner Asch

May 27, 2018, 10:27:56 AM5/27/18
On Thu, 24 May 2018 17:20:46 -0700, SpamBuster
So whats on the menu for Memorial day, there at your ward at the Home?