Open Wheel

Bob La Londe

Sep 14, 2017, 2:55:21 PM9/14/17
So, those of you who run a wire wheel on a bench grinder. Do you take the
covers off that side, or do you just spacer the wheel as best you can and
listen to the stray wires scrape the inside of the cover?

I've actually never had a wire wheel mounted on a bench grinder. I hated to
give up either my fine wheel or my coarse wheel for a brush. Now that I
have two bench grinders I want to run wire wheels on one of them.

My dad always had a wire wheel on one side of his grinder, but that was so
many years ago that I used his that I don't recall how he had it setup.

Leon Fisk

Sep 14, 2017, 3:34:33 PM9/14/17
No guard on mine. Make sure you're wearing glasses. Goggles would
probably be even better.

I bought an 8 inch HF Buffer Grinder years ago when they still offered
them. Plan was to replace the buffing wheel with wire. That gets the
wheel away from the motor housing where you can make better use of it.
It worked good but the buffer shaft was badly aligned/bent. One of these
days I'll get around to straightening it or at least trying to :)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Jim Wilkins

Sep 14, 2017, 3:45:45 PM9/14/17
"Bob La Londe" <no...@none.com99> wrote in message
My 6" grinder has a coarse Al2O3 and fine SiC wheel, the smaller one a
fine Al2O3 and a dish diamond. I use wire brushes on hand held angle
grinders which keep my hand and face away from and on the guarded side
of the brush where I can see its effect.

The only change I'm considering is an SiC wheel for the small grinder
and reinstalling the fine Al2O3 wheel on the larger one.
-jsw

et...@whidbey.com

Sep 14, 2017, 3:50:48 PM9/14/17
On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 11:55:14 -0700, "Bob La Londe" <no...@none.com99>
wrote:
I always run them without guards. probably not safest but certainly
more useful that way. And I ALWAYS wear eye protection. I've had
little wires from wire wheels stick into my skin before. It makes me
shudder to think of one sticking into an eye.
Eric

dca...@krl.org

Sep 14, 2017, 4:07:36 PM9/14/17
On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 2:55:21 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> So, those of you who run a wire wheel on a bench grinder. Do you take the
> covers off that side, or do you just spacer the wheel as best you can and
> listen to the stray wires scrape the inside of the cover?

What I do won't help you very much. I have a Harbor Freight 10 inch grinder with a coarse and fine wheel. The fine wheel came from Boeing Surplus ( which is not open anymore. Harbor Freight no longer sells a 10 inch grinder.

And I also have two belt driven eight inch grinders that Grainger use to sell . One has a fine grinding wheel on one side and a 6 inch rubber expansion wheel on the other side. The fine wheel also came from Boeing Surplus and the expansion wheel came from Harbor Freight. Harbor Freight only had the expansion wheels for a short time. The other belt driven grinder has a 8 inch wire wheel ( something is wrong here. Harbor Freight still sells 8 inch wire wheels. Mine was advertised as being brass , but is really steel. ) And on the other side is a cut off disk. Was a 14 inch cut off wheel but it is worn down so that it fits the 8 inch grinder.

The belt driven grinders has a cover over the wheel, but never had a side cover.

Dan

Larry Jaques

Sep 14, 2017, 8:31:13 PM9/14/17
Absolutely. When I use a wire wheel or grinder, either a pair of
goggles or a full face shield go over my glasses. I take no chances
with the eyes since they don't have nanites to rebuild them yet.

(Right, Jordy?)

--
Stoop and you'll be stepped on;
stand tall and you'll be shot at.

John B.

Sep 14, 2017, 8:32:37 PM9/14/17
On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 11:55:14 -0700, "Bob La Londe" <no...@none.com99>
wrote:

I've got a separate "grinder" for cleaning up stuff. A wire brush
wheel on one side and a "flap" wheel on the other. No guards on either
side. Quite useful for cleaning up a rusty pieces of whatever, or
knocking off burrs, etc..

However... most wire wheels that you buy today (usually selected as
being the cheapest) will shed wires which get flung out like tiny
spears and for that reason I keep a face shield hung up next to the
wire wheel machine.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Gerry

Sep 14, 2017, 8:58:20 PM9/14/17
On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 11:55:14 -0700, "Bob La Londe" <no...@none.com99>
wrote:

For thirty years I have run a wire wheel on a 1/4HP motor with no
guards other than a coffee can to prtect the motor from stray wires.
Last Saturday I blew 2 bucks on a 6" bench grinder missing one wheel
guard and tool rest but including new glazed wheels. I adapted a
pressed belt guard and have it in place around a 6" wire wheel (open
outboard end and front so far) since with this setup the wheel is at
twice the speed of the old setup. Haven't used it yet but I think I'm
gonna like it.

Gerry

Sep 14, 2017, 9:00:52 PM9/14/17
On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 12:54:59 -0700, et...@whidbey.com wrote:

A leather apron is also helpful in saving much pain!

Jim Wilkins

Sep 14, 2017, 9:09:01 PM9/14/17
"Gerry" <gerald...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
It's food for thought when you can feel the wires hitting the leather.

Flat Ron

Sep 14, 2017, 9:49:35 PM9/14/17
Well let me tell you, Carl fed a dead gopher into a wire wheel and it
splattered all over, floor to ceiling.

ABLE1

Sep 14, 2017, 10:59:43 PM9/14/17
Bob,

Very important points!!

As other have said keep the side covers and guards in place
at all times even when not using the unit, except for when
you are replacing the the wheels of course. This is very important
during a surprise OSHA inspection.

Oh, and while on the thought also be sure to have your SPARE
Oxygen and Acetylene bottles at least 20' apart chained to a wall.

I won't go into why I mention that but, you will have trust me
that what I said above is very important. :-)

Have a good weekend.

Les

Martin Eastburn

Sep 15, 2017, 12:58:37 AM9/15/17
And don't forget to have a leather apron. The wire wheel might
throw wire at you.
Martin

William Bagwell

Sep 15, 2017, 10:43:31 PM9/15/17
On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 22:59:36 -0400, ABLE1 <som...@nowhere.net>
wrote:

>Oh, and while on the thought also be sure to have your SPARE
>Oxygen and Acetylene bottles at least 20' apart chained to a wall.
>
>I won't go into why I mention that but, you will have trust me
>that what I said above is very important. :-)

Also can not store acetylene and propane together despite them both
being flammable.

Oh, MSHA is like OSHA on steroids. Minimum of four visits per year
verses one every seven years on average if no serious accidents have
occurred.
--
William

robobass

Sep 16, 2017, 1:13:15 PM9/16/17
I question how much a guard increases safety. I have lot's of mounted wheels and brushes in my shop. The ones with guards have them there for dust containment or collection purposes. When I am working a small part, if I let go of it on a wheel without a guard, it just falls onto the table. If there is a guard, it flies around inside for awhile, gets chewed up, and then maybe shoots back out at me.

et...@whidbey.com

Sep 16, 2017, 5:01:31 PM9/16/17
On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 10:13:10 -0700 (PDT), robobass
<robanz...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I question how much a guard increases safety. I have lot's of mounted wheels and brushes in my shop. The ones with guards have them there for dust containment or collection purposes. When I am working a small part, if I let go of it on a wheel without a guard, it just falls onto the table. If there is a guard, it flies around inside for awhile, gets chewed up, and then maybe shoots back out at me.
A wheel guard can help protect you from touching the wheel with a body
part just because there is less wheel exposed. And from exploding
wheels too, which does happen, but rarely. But I use my wire brushes,
scotchbrite type wheels and buffing wheels all without guards.
Eric

John B.

Sep 16, 2017, 10:30:46 PM9/16/17
<robanz...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I question how much a guard increases safety. I have lot's of mounted wheels and brushes in my shop. The ones with guards have them there for dust containment or collection purposes. When I am working a small part, if I let go of it on a wheel without a guard, it just falls onto the table. If there is a guard, it flies around inside for awhile, gets chewed up, and then maybe shoots back out at me.

Quite a bit. One of my people once broke a 16" X 3" wheel on a surface
grinder and it sounded like a bomb went off. From the damage to the
table it would have probably been pretty hazardous had the wheel not
been enclosed in a heavy steel guard that contained the majority of
the bits and pieces.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Gardner

Sep 17, 2017, 5:08:52 AM9/17/17
On 9/14/2017 2:55 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> ---
> http://www.avg.com

THE DEFINITIVE ANSWER FROM THE BRUSH EXPERT!

If your guards are for a 6" grinding wheel use a 5" brush. Never use a
rest! You can use a 6" brush by grinding it down with an angle grinder.
Get a good domestic brush, it will pay for itself many times over and a
good brush won't scrape the sides. Get .012" to .014" crimped wire for
GP work, .016" or knot-type for HD work.

Tom Gardner

Sep 17, 2017, 5:19:37 AM9/17/17
> ---

I used to test brushes until they did explode. I had a concrete block
pill box that contained the 40krpm spindle. At least the wire in a wire
brush has little mass and does no damage when it lets go, it Will ruin
your underwear!

Larry Jaques

Sep 17, 2017, 10:13:19 AM9/17/17
On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 05:19:34 -0400, Tom Gardner <ma...@tacks.com>
wrote:
You forgot the DAMHIKT, Tawm.

Gunner Asch

Sep 17, 2017, 2:19:52 PM9/17/17
On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 07:32:32 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:
I have several bench grinders around the shop

The Sears 6" (old tombstone shaped brown one) has a Fine 6" wire wheel
on one side, and a soft wheel on the other. This is my polishing rig
Guards are on one side...no side covers.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ch9Vt8JLisAEt4Cq1

The Baldor 8" has no guards, has an 8" course wire wheel and a course
gray 8" stone

The 6" Souix has a standard setup for wheels, but I dont use it
much..most of my "grinding" is done with the following:

(2) 42x1" belt sanders, one set up with 120 Zirconia belt, the other
with a 60 grit aluminum oxide belt

(1) 6x48 belt sander (with 12" disk..which I never use) with an
assortment of 6x48 belts from 30 grit to 240 grit.

Then there are an assortment of tool and cutter grinders, Baldors,
Diamond carbide tool grinders etc etc that I can drag out and use as
needed (look below the belt sanders/grinders)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wtR8cbupZwhytuox2

Then I have the 618 surface grinder and a fair assortment of wheels
(about 200 lbs of various types) and the KO Lee B300 tool and cutter
grinder and most of the accessories

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eAQV59nt1jWrsPdB2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/r7iaalbjD2uWh9Ba2

(look behind the mill for my normal working wheels)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/oLlHNAEdybZwaN5w2

---

Gunner Asch

Sep 17, 2017, 2:29:18 PM9/17/17
On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 05:08:49 -0400, Tom Gardner <ma...@tacks.com>
wrote:
Absolutely!

I seldom..seldom ever have a wire come loose from YOUR wire wheels and
other commercial wire wheels Ive purchased. I wear them out long
before they start looking thread bare. And it takes a long time to
wear one out!!

I dont..dont...absolutely do not buy chinese/import wire wheels. Ever.
Doing so is simply pissing money away.

---

Rockin' Chair

Sep 17, 2017, 4:56:23 PM9/17/17
On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 11:29:15 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I dont..dont...absolutely do not buy chinese/import wire wheels. Ever.
>Doing so is simply pissing money away.

How does the value of cheap wire wheels compare to the cost of smoking
and soda and unpaid-tax penalties?

Have you thought of starting a financial advice site? You know, a
place where people could go to read what not to do...

Gunner Asch

Sep 17, 2017, 6:28:34 PM9/17/17
On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 13:56:23 -0700, Rockin' Chair <r...@tb.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 11:29:15 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>

>>I dont..dont...absolutely do not buy chinese/import wire wheels. Ever.
>>Doing so is simply pissing money away.
>
>How does the value of cheap wire wheels compare to the cost of smoking
>and soda and unpaid-tax penalties?

Good question cock breath...got an answer for the rest of the readers?

>Have you thought of starting a financial advice site? You know, a
>place where people could go to read what not to do...

Why? Needing some advice? Shrug..they wont let you have any money at
the Home for the Insane...most dont even have a canteen to buy things
at. So maybe someone here will send you a case of moon pies and a
dozen large sponges as you have been wanting.

John B.

Sep 17, 2017, 8:38:47 PM9/17/17
On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 15:28:32 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 13:56:23 -0700, Rockin' Chair <r...@tb.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 11:29:15 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>I dont..dont...absolutely do not buy chinese/import wire wheels. Ever.
>>>Doing so is simply pissing money away.
>>
>>How does the value of cheap wire wheels compare to the cost of smoking
>>and soda and unpaid-tax penalties?
>
>Good question cock breath...got an answer for the rest of the readers?
>>
>>Have you thought of starting a financial advice site? You know, a
>>place where people could go to read what not to do...
>
>Why? Needing some advice? Shrug..they wont let you have any money at
>the Home for the Insane...most dont even have a canteen to buy things
>at. So maybe someone here will send you a case of moon pies and a
>dozen large sponges as you have been wanting.

This speaks the financial genius.... who can't pay to get the smog
test on his battered old truck.

Mark Twain was right you know when he said, "If you tell the truth
you don't have to remember anything".

But Wobbling Weeber tells one story, one day, and a different story
the next day having forgotten what he said yesterday.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Rockin' Chair

Sep 17, 2017, 8:38:50 PM9/17/17
wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 13:56:23 -0700, Rockin' Chair <r...@tb.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 11:29:15 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>I dont..dont...absolutely do not buy chinese/import wire wheels. Ever.
>>>Doing so is simply pissing money away.
>>
>>How does the value of cheap wire wheels compare to the cost of smoking
>>and soda and unpaid-tax penalties?
>
>Good question cock breath...got an answer for the rest of the readers?

Sure. You've probably wasted more in a few months on stupid shit than
most of us, including you, have spent on wire wheels in our lifetime.
Now, I know you're going to say that you buy a ton of wire wheel, and
get your stupid shit at a massive discount, or something similar, but
it will be BS, as usual.

>>Have you thought of starting a financial advice site? You know, a
>>place where people could go to read what not to do...
>
>Why? Needing some advice?

Apparently not, as I'm pretty well off. So I'll give you some advice.
Learn the meaning of personal responsibility, and stop wasting money
on stupid shit.

> Shrug..they wont let you have any money at
>the Home for the Insane...most dont even have a canteen to buy things
>at. So maybe someone here will send you a case of moon pies and a
>dozen large sponges as you have been wanting.

Classic Wieber non responsive reply. Why not just admit the obvious,
that you're not qualified to give financial advice of any kind.
Everybody knows it already anyway, right?

BTW, the wire wheel I use the most is on my 10" bench grinder. Import
grinder, and import 8" brush. I probably use it an average of a couple
times a week, and it's been on there for about 2 years. But it came
off my previous import bench grinder, an 8", which died after about 20
years. I don't really remember when I bought the wire wheel. 5 years
ago maybe. So anybody that makes a blanket stamen about import wire
wheels is a dumbass, and in your case, an undeniable expert at pissing
money away.

John B.

Sep 17, 2017, 9:43:13 PM9/17/17
I beg to differ. Wieber is definitely qualified to give financial
advise. And anyone that wishes to be come a financial disaster has
only to listen.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Larry Jaques

Sep 17, 2017, 10:05:56 PM9/17/17
On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 11:29:15 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Chuckables come in the $1 combo junk box sale at garbadj sales, so I
haven't had to buy a wire brush in decades. They last 1/2 to 2 times.
:-/ And I use flap sanders for surface rust more often than not.

I got one of Tawm's crimped brushes and a BBQ brush from you and good
knot brush from Glenn, so I'm set for life. Now I need a needle
scaler to fit Tawm's scaler brush. I thought I had one around here,
but it's Declutter Time again. I may yet find it. <g>

(You about done replying to the slocumb schiz?)

Gunner Asch

Sep 18, 2017, 6:50:19 AM9/18/17
On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 07:38:43 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 15:28:32 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 13:56:23 -0700, Rockin' Chair <r...@tb.net> wrote:

>>>How does the value of cheap wire wheels compare to the cost of smoking
>>>and soda and unpaid-tax penalties?
>>
>>Good question cock breath...got an answer for the rest of the readers?
>>>
>>>Have you thought of starting a financial advice site? You know, a
>>>place where people could go to read what not to do...
>>
>>Why? Needing some advice? Shrug..they wont let you have any money at
>>the Home for the Insane...most dont even have a canteen to buy things
>>at. So maybe someone here will send you a case of moon pies and a
>>dozen large sponges as you have been wanting.
>>

>This speaks the financial genius.... who can't pay to get the smog
>test on his battered old truck.

Snerk..I covered that in the past 2 posts.

>Mark Twain was right you know when he said, "If you tell the truth
>you don't have to remember anything".
>
>But Wobbling Weeber tells one story, one day, and a different story
>the next day having forgotten what he said yesterday.

Snicker...you never do get it right, do you Johnnyboi..or
rather..Ladyboy.

Gunner Asch

Sep 18, 2017, 6:53:23 AM9/18/17
On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 17:38:52 -0700, Rockin' Chair <r...@tb.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 15:28:32 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 13:56:23 -0700, Rockin' Chair <r...@tb.net> wrote:

>>>How does the value of cheap wire wheels compare to the cost of smoking
>>>and soda and unpaid-tax penalties?
>>
>>Good question cock breath...got an answer for the rest of the readers?
>
>Sure. You've probably

You sure use "probably" a lot.

prob·a·bly
'präb?ble,'präble/
adverb
adverb: probably

almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell.
"she would probably never see him again"
synonyms: in all likelihood, in all probability, as likely as
not, (very/most) likely, ten to one, the chances are, doubtless, no
doubt; archaiclike enough

Given that majority of the time you are wrong....it would appear that
your wishful thinking is getting in the way of your rational thinking.

That and all the booze you swill.

Gunner Asch

Sep 18, 2017, 6:56:33 AM9/18/17
On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 17:38:52 -0700, Rockin' Chair <r...@tb.net> wrote:

>> Shrug..they wont let you have any money at
>>the Home for the Insane...most dont even have a canteen to buy things
>>at. So maybe someone here will send you a case of moon pies and a
>>dozen large sponges as you have been wanting.
>
>Classic Wieber non responsive reply. Why not just admit the obvious,
>that you're not qualified to give financial advice of any kind.
>Everybody knows it already anyway, right?

Of course Im not qualified to give financial advice. Im not in the
financial field, nor have I studied it.

I give pretty fair advice in several other fields, but financial isnt
one of them.

Where have I said I was qualified to give advice on financial
questions?

On the other hand..you are still trapped in a mental hospital..so you
arent much qualified for much of anything.

Gunner Asch

Sep 18, 2017, 6:58:06 AM9/18/17
On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 17:38:52 -0700, Rockin' Chair <r...@tb.net> wrote:

>BTW, the wire wheel I use the most is on my 10" bench grinder. Import
>grinder, and import 8" brush. I probably use it an average of a couple
>times a week, and it's been on there for about 2 years. But it came
>off my previous import bench grinder, an 8", which died after about 20
>years. I don't really remember when I bought the wire wheel. 5 years
>ago maybe. So anybody that makes a blanket stamen about import wire
>wheels is a dumbass, and in your case, an undeniable expert at pissing
>money away.

Couple times a week. For a minute or 2....snerk...and now you are
claiming you use a wheel "a lot"

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Rockin' Chair

Sep 18, 2017, 10:07:39 AM9/18/17
On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 03:50:19 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 07:38:43 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 15:28:32 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Good question cock breath...got an answer for the rest of the readers?

>>>Why? Needing some advice? Shrug..they wont let you have any money at
>>>the Home for the Insane...most dont even have a canteen to buy things
>>>at. So maybe someone here will send you a case of moon pies and a
>>>dozen large sponges as you have been wanting.
>>>

>>This speaks the financial genius.... who can't pay to get the smog
>>test on his battered old truck.
>
>Snerk..I covered that in the past 2 posts.

Actually, you've been BSing about getting that old POS on the road for
years. From 2015:

"89 Ford E350 (with 13k original miles on
the odo) but hasnt been smogged or tagged in years. Front gas tank is
filled with 6 yr old gas..and really..really needs to be drained."
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.politics.economics/0cNi3JS3WA4/N-4cDThCAwAJ

Obviously you've been too broke all this time, yet you keep saying it
will be on the road soon... in between stories of how the Trump
economy has improved your prospects. LOL

Rockin' Chair

Sep 18, 2017, 10:08:53 AM9/18/17
On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 03:53:24 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Given that majority of the time you are wrong

Well then, you should collect a bunch of those quotes and post them.
Until then, it's just another silly thing you made up, like so many of
YOUR quotes that I collected here.
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.crafts.metalworking/sqedKaK3LOM/rV1rpQmavrwJ

That's just one of the very many things that I can do, but you cannot.

Gunner Asch

Sep 18, 2017, 12:41:30 PM9/18/17
True indeed. President Trump has improved our economy enough that now
I have enough income to start fixing things.

And you object to this? Of course you do..you are mentally ill.

Gunner Asch

Sep 18, 2017, 12:47:00 PM9/18/17
On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 07:08:57 -0700, Rockin' Chair <r...@tb.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 03:53:24 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>

>>Given that majority of the time you are wrong
>
>Well then, you should collect a bunch of those quotes

So which email addy or nym should I quote them as being from?

Hummmm?

Rockin' Chair

Sep 18, 2017, 12:50:01 PM9/18/17
On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 09:41:29 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
Nope. You said a couple weeks ago that you'd noticed things slowing
down. And you reinforced that by posting more, which means you're
working less.

> enough that now
>I have enough income to start fixing things.

You keep saying that. How many years have the van repairs been
underway? And you still can't afford a couple hundred a year in
property taxes, same as every other economy for most of your adult
life.

>And you object to this?

To show that you're a goddamn stupid broke ass lying lifelong loser
who likes to pretend he's something more.

Gunner Asch

Sep 18, 2017, 1:02:01 PM9/18/17
Really? Things are doing fine at the moment for me. Maybe next week
will be better, maybe it will be slower.

As I indicated...Ive brought home enough money in the past year to
start fixing things I had to let sit. So things are indeed better.

>> enough that now
>>I have enough income to start fixing things.
>
>You keep saying that. How many years have the van repairs been
>underway? And you still can't afford a couple hundred a year in
>property taxes, same as every other economy for most of your adult
>life.

Its been bad..now its getting better. You have an issue with this?

>>And you object to this?
>
>To show that you're a goddamn stupid broke ass lying lifelong loser
>who likes to pretend he's something more.

Something more than....??

Im just "me". No better nor no worse than most other folks. It must
eat at you to have me respond to your hate and blovation. Shrug..you
are such a mentally ill bloke...no wonder you hate all around you.

Rockin' Chair

Sep 19, 2017, 10:01:33 AM9/19/17
On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 10:02:00 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
Nope. A sixteen year problem doesn't fix itself, you can't afford to
fix it properly, and lack the skill and motivation to do any useful
amelioration.

> Maybe next week
>will be better, maybe it will be slower.

It's slow now. It's been slow for 16 years. It's ridiculous for you to
pretend otherwise.

>As I indicated...Ive brought home enough money in the past year to
>start fixing things I had to let sit. So things are indeed better.

Nope. You're circling the drain, living hand to mouth, as always.

>>> enough that now
>>>I have enough income to start fixing things.
>>
>>You keep saying that. How many years have the van repairs been
>>underway? And you still can't afford a couple hundred a year in
>>property taxes, same as every other economy for most of your adult
>>life.
>
>Its been bad..now its getting better.

Nope. You say it's good or better to suit whatever lie you're trying
to support.

>You have an issue with this?

Just pointing out the obvious. Exactly what you should have expected
when you promised to cull me. Oh wait, did you think you should be
able to make death threats without consequence? Yup.

>>>And you object to this?
>>
>>To show that you're a goddamn stupid broke ass lying lifelong loser
>>who likes to pretend he's something more.
>
>Something more than....??

.....a lifelife.

>Im just "me". No better nor no worse than most other folks.

You don't have to say you aren't better. It's obvious that you're
worse. For example, how many others were stupid enough to be gleeful,
in writing, at the prospect of deporting the dreamers. It takes a
particular breed of pea-brain asshole to do that. And to do it when
you're supposedly looking for a job boggles the mind.

Rockin' Chair

Sep 19, 2017, 10:06:48 AM9/19/17
On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 09:47:01 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 07:08:57 -0700, Rockin' Chair <r...@tb.net> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 03:53:24 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Given that majority of the time you are wrong
>>
>>Well then, you should collect a bunch of those quotes
>
>So which email addy or nym should I quote them as being from?

Your choice! And no need to limit it to me. Quote anyone you believe
is wrong about you. You can't. Same reason you haven't followed
through on any of your empty threats to sue those who ridicule you.
People mock you because you're a stupid liar. It's easy to prove, as
I've done. Your counterclaims, such as all your tormentors being
mentally ill, living in homes, etc, are merely more of the weak and
self destructive lies that you are addicted to telling.

Gunner Asch

Sep 19, 2017, 2:45:05 PM9/19/17
Odd..then why have I brought home $3k in the last two weeks?

>> Maybe next week
>>will be better, maybe it will be slower.
>
>It's slow now. It's been slow for 16 years. It's ridiculous for you to
>pretend otherwise.

See above.

>>As I indicated...Ive brought home enough money in the past year to
>>start fixing things I had to let sit. So things are indeed better.
>
>Nope. You're circling the drain, living hand to mouth, as always.

Cites?

>>>You keep saying that. How many years have the van repairs been
>>>underway? And you still can't afford a couple hundred a year in
>>>property taxes, same as every other economy for most of your adult
>>>life.
>>
>>Its been bad..now its getting better.
>
>Nope. You say it's good or better to suit whatever lie you're trying
>to support.

Cites?

>>You have an issue with this?
>
>Just pointing out the obvious. Exactly what you should have expected
>when you promised to cull me. Oh wait, did you think you should be
>able to make death threats without consequence? Yup.

Oh you will...will be killed. Ive stated it wont be by me. So dont
pick on me because no one has gotten around to it yet. In
fact..count your blessings.

>>>To show that you're a goddamn stupid broke ass lying lifelong loser
>>>who likes to pretend he's something more.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>>Something more than....??
>
>.....a lifelife.
>
>>Im just "me". No better nor no worse than most other folks.
>
>You don't have to say you aren't better. It's obvious that you're
>worse. For example, how many others were stupid enough to be gleeful,
>in writing, at the prospect of deporting the dreamers. It takes a
>particular breed of pea-brain asshole to do that. And to do it when
>you're supposedly looking for a job boggles the mind.

Obvious to who? What..you want illegal aliens to be your neighbors?
How about say...a dozen Somalian muslims? Why not put in for them?

Laugh laugh laugh laugh...!!!!

Gunner Asch

Sep 19, 2017, 3:50:54 PM9/19/17
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 07:06:51 -0700, Rockin' Chair <r...@tb.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 09:47:01 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 07:08:57 -0700, Rockin' Chair <r...@tb.net> wrote:

>>>Well then, you should collect a bunch of those quotes
>>
>>So which email addy or nym should I quote them as being from?
>
>Your choice! And no need to limit it to me.

Thank you Johnny!!

Rockin' Chair

Sep 20, 2017, 10:58:11 AM9/20/17
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 11:44:57 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 07:01:36 -0700, Rockin' Chair <r...@tb.net> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 10:02:00 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:

>Odd..then why have I brought home $3k in the last two weeks?

No, and what's with the question mark? LOL You're always talking about
having thousands. But you've been running up debt for your entire
adult life.

>>Nope. You're circling the drain, living hand to mouth, as always.
>
>Cites?

Can't fix septic. Can't fix or license vehicles. Can't catch up rent.
Can't move. Can't get a job. Can't pay pittance property taxes.

>>>Its been bad..now its getting better.
>>
>>Nope. You say it's good or better to suit whatever lie you're trying
>>to support.
>
>Cites?

Liens dating back to '82, when Reagan was pres.
http://tinyurl.com/d7hkkp http://tinyurl.com/l68gh3 Between then and
now, you're always either complaining that a dem pres is killing your
biz, or crowing that a gop pres is bringing you prosperity. It's
ridiculous. You are a deadbeat who prefers self destructive habits
like posting and smoking to learning and working. Your problems have
nothing to do politics.

>>>You have an issue with this?
>>
>>Just pointing out the obvious. Exactly what you should have expected
>>when you promised to cull me. Oh wait, did you think you should be
>>able to make death threats without consequence? Yup.
>
>Oh you will...will be killed. Ive stated it wont be by me.

No, in your most transparent fantasies you're killing me personally in
various elaborate ways. In your most couched fantasies you're merely
an accessory, putting me on a death list. Until you admit it's all BS,
I get to mock you for it.

>pick on me because no one has gotten around to it yet. In
>fact..count your blessings.

This line of BS has done absolutely nothing to improve your life, and
probably quite a bit to make it worse. Yet you keep it up. Name anyone
who thinks it's a smart thing to do.

>>>Im just "me". No better nor no worse than most other folks.
>>
>>You don't have to say you aren't better. It's obvious that you're
>>worse. For example, how many others were stupid enough to be gleeful,
>>in writing, at the prospect of deporting the dreamers. It takes a
>>particular breed of pea-brain asshole to do that. And to do it when
>>you're supposedly looking for a job boggles the mind.
>
>Obvious to who?

Any sensible reader.

> What..you want illegal aliens to be your neighbors?

If it were up to me I'd trade you for any illegal who isn't a proven
drain on society like you. The problem would be, what country would be
willing to make such a lousy deal? How about offering you to any other
state? Nope, they all want you to say right where you are.

Rockin' Chair

Sep 20, 2017, 10:58:56 AM9/20/17
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 12:50:47 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 07:06:51 -0700, Rockin' Chair <r...@tb.net> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 09:47:01 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:

>>>So which email addy or nym should I quote them as being from?
>>
>>Your choice! And no need to limit it to me.
>
>Thank you Johnny!!

Well Ok then, when can we expect your opus? Never.

Gunner Asch

Sep 20, 2017, 12:53:04 PM9/20/17
Give me an email address thats not one of your normal fraudulant ones
and Ill be sure you get it.

(VBG)

Rockin' Chair

Sep 20, 2017, 2:18:18 PM9/20/17
On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:53:02 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 07:58:53 -0700, Rockin' Chair <r...@tb.net> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 12:50:47 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Thank you Johnny!!
>>
>>Well Ok then, when can we expect your opus? Never.
>

>Give me an email address thats not one of your normal fraudulant ones
>and Ill be sure you get it.

Huh? I posted the Wieber Cliff Notes right here, where you told all
the lies. Why would you send your version via email? You aren't
fooling anyone. Of all the negative things folks have said about you,
there is absolutely nothing for you to quote to show they're wrong. So
you have nothing to compile, or email, or post. The evidence is
overwhelmingly against you, and you know it. Any excuse you make is
BS. And why would you take anyone's word for their address? Better to
use your "computer weenies," right? You have boxed yourself into a
hapless corner and all you can do is tell more lies, as if once you
reach some threshold, it will finally start to do something positive
for you.

Bob Engelhardt

Oct 1, 2017, 11:44:23 AM10/1/17
On 9/17/2017 5:08 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:

> THE DEFINITIVE ANSWER FROM THE BRUSH EXPERT!
>
> If your guards are for a 6" grinding wheel use a 5" brush. Never use a
> rest! You can use a 6" brush by grinding it down with an angle grinder.
> Get a good domestic brush, it will pay for itself many times over and a
> good brush won't scrape the sides. Get .012" to .014" crimped wire for
> GP work, .016" or knot-type for HD work.

Tom - what is a good name to buy? McMaster Carr doesn't show the
maker's name, but can they be relied upon for a quality wheel?

Thanks,
Bob

Carl Ijames

Oct 1, 2017, 12:45:29 PM10/1/17
"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message news:oqr2e...@news3.newsguy.com...
=====================================

If you call and ask, McMaster Carr will tell you the brand names of their
products. I've never asked about origin but I'm sure they would also tell
you where they are made. Then, it's quick to comparison shop between
www.mcmaster.com, www.mscdirect.com, and www.grainger.com.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames

Bob Engelhardt

Oct 1, 2017, 1:12:30 PM10/1/17
On 10/1/2017 12:44 PM, Carl Ijames wrote:
... Then, it's quick to comparison shop between
> www.mcmaster.com, www.mscdirect.com, and www.grainger.com.

I'm so pleased with McM that I just give them my (little) business.

Carl Ijames

Oct 1, 2017, 4:54:37 PM10/1/17
"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message news:oqr7l...@news3.newsguy.com...

Among other hats at my last job I did purchasing for production and some
machine shop supplies. I cut 1 or 2 PO's to McMC a week for 15 years so I'm
definitely a fan :-). Mostly fasteners and machine components like bearings
where the quantities didn't justify spending lots of time price shopping.
They definitely have the best online catalog system going, and I rank their
service just a bit ahead of msc and grainger but all three are great. MSC
was generally our first choice for tooling and abrasives since their
selection seemed wider than McMC.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames

Bluey69

Oct 23, 2017, 8:55:58 AM10/23/17
On 15-Sep-17 4:25 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> So, those of you who run a wire wheel on a bench grinder.  Do you take
> the covers off that side, or do you just spacer the wheel as best you
> can and listen to the stray wires scrape the inside of the cover?
>
> I've actually never had a wire wheel mounted on a bench grinder.  I
> hated to give up either my fine wheel or my coarse wheel for a brush.
> Now that I have two bench grinders I want to run wire wheels on one of
> them.
>
> My dad always had a wire wheel on one side of his grinder, but that was
> so many years ago that I used his that I don't recall how he had it setup.

Covers off , youll understand why when the wheel grabs the part out
of your hand.

---
http://www.avg.com

Gunner Asch