Re: "[T]he right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited."

Paul Jackson

Mar 6, 2018, 1:06:10 PM3/6/18
On 12/22/2012 10:46 PM, Scout wrote:

> "Carol Kinsey Goman" <ckg@förbes.com> wrote in message
>> On 12/22/2012 2:10 PM, Scout wrote:
>>>

>>> "Carol Kinsey Goman" <ckg@förbes.com> wrote in message

>>> Sorry, but I believe people were contesting your assertion that such
>>> limitations existed within the 2nd.
>>
>> Of *course* they exist "within" the second, you idiot.  They *have* to
>> exist "within" it, else how else could the court see them?
>
> Exactly. So please present the text from the 2nd Amendment in which the
> court saw such limitations.

As you have been instructed many times, the amendment does not in any
way define the right. It takes the definition of the right, *with* any
limitations - and all rights have limits - as a given. The amendment
merely asserts that the right, whatever it may be, shall not be
infringed. The amendment might profitably be written this way, with
*no* change in meaning:

"A well regulated militia [blah blah blah], the right to keep and bear
arms, which is limited and whose limits we do not address here, shall
not be infringed."

So, you believe the right is limited - "Excuse me, but where did I say
the right was unlimited?" - and you further acknowledge that the limits
are not found in the text of the amendment, which takes the right to be
defined elsewhere, so where are the limits in which you profess to believe?

Scout

Mar 6, 2018, 10:49:14 PM3/6/18

"Paul Jackson" <p...@costco.con> wrote in message
Sorry, but an assertion doesn't become a given just because you think it
does.