SETI

Jim Wilkins

May 5, 2016, 6:38:48 AM5/5/16
Is there any intelligent life out there?

Larry Jaques

May 5, 2016, 9:46:04 AM5/5/16
On Thu, 5 May 2016 06:39:15 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
<murat...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Is there any intelligent life out there?

USENET or Universe? Extraterrestrials take one peek at television
programs (I Love Lucy, the debates, Biggest Loser, etc.) which were
broadcast into space and they just fly right on past us.

I'm surprised we haven't discovered any of their warning buoys...

--
Education is that which remains when one has
forgotten everything he learned in school.

Tom Gardner

May 5, 2016, 11:07:13 AM5/5/16
Forget the programs, if the MSM is received by ETs, Earth is slated for
destruction.

dontgonea...@bwilson.com

May 5, 2016, 12:41:26 PM5/5/16
In terms of scaring away intelligent visitors, everything the two of
you mentioned would be trumped by redneck posts from you and Jagues
and others of your phony conservative tribe. Speaking of Trump, you
guys must be thrilled with your new orangish standard bearer. Yikes!
Can the GOP think of anything dumber? Yes, Wieber for VP!

Jim Wilkins

May 5, 2016, 2:14:19 PM5/5/16
"Larry Jaques" <lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote in message
I set the Bill Nye thread to Ignore and somehow blocked everything
else too, so the group seemed dead.

--jsw

Tim Wescott

May 5, 2016, 6:07:25 PM5/5/16
On Thu, 05 May 2016 06:39:15 -0400, Jim Wilkins wrote:

> Is there any intelligent life out there?

Nope.

I did post an instructional video to YouTube recently, but it's OT for
this group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2elEXcv0AV8

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Jim Wilkins

May 5, 2016, 6:44:58 PM5/5/16
"Tim Wescott" <seemyw...@myfooter.really> wrote in message
Apparently I wasn't seeing any sign of activity here because messages
were inadvertently sorted by subject instead of by posting time.

Larry Jaques

May 5, 2016, 11:46:56 PM5/5/16
On Thu, 5 May 2016 14:14:45 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
<murat...@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Larry Jaques" <lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 5 May 2016 06:39:15 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
>> <murat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Is there any intelligent life out there?
>>
>> USENET or Universe? Extraterrestrials take one peek at television
>> programs (I Love Lucy, the debates, Biggest Loser, etc.) which were
>> broadcast into space and they just fly right on past us.
>>
>> I'm surprised we haven't discovered any of their warning buoys...
>>
>I set the Bill Nye thread to Ignore and somehow blocked everything
>else too, so the group seemed dead.

Interesting, as most of us have no bill, nye, science, or guy in our
names. ;/

bruce2...@gmail.com

May 6, 2016, 5:06:48 PM5/6/16
Jim Wilkins wrote:

> Is there any intelligent life out there?

Well, yes. Politically liberal faculty on colleges and universities and their Ph.D and other programs are or should be the starkest reminders.

(as opposed to less liberal, less progressive hit squads and country clubs that lack highly competitive compensation packages in exchange for meeting benchmarks and other goals)

Tom Gardner

May 6, 2016, 6:59:40 PM5/6/16
Speaking of ET... Your home planet Zorkon is calling you home, please go.

whoyak...@gmail.com

May 6, 2016, 8:30:48 PM5/6/16
Weak Wieberish response. But it shows you're still reading my posts!
LOL So you know all about Wieber's "ranch" being busted down to a
well encumbered mobile on a rented lot. How's it feel to have been
lied to for so long? I bet you didn't know that the post cull
government HQ was less valuable than a homeless guy's stolen shopping
cart.

Gunner Asch

May 7, 2016, 6:37:50 PM5/7/16

>others of your phony conservative tribe

Photny conservative tribe? If we are phonys..does that make up
Liberals pretending to be conservatives?

Inquiring minds really snicker about the answer to that....

whoyak...@gmail.com

May 8, 2016, 9:44:23 AM5/8/16
On Sat, 07 May 2016 15:34:01 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:
The minds of phony conservatives never inquire. Instead they fester
and fantasize and falsify reality. You calling yourself a conservative
is something like a welfare leech calling himself a taxpayer. Oh,
wait, it's not something like, it's exactly like.

Michael A. Terrell

Jul 15, 2016, 10:05:15 AM7/15/16
Larry Jaques wrote:
> On Thu, 5 May 2016 06:39:15 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
> <murat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there any intelligent life out there?
>
> USENET or Universe? Extraterrestrials take one peek at television
> programs (I Love Lucy, the debates, Biggest Loser, etc.) which were
> broadcast into space and they just fly right on past us.
>
> I'm surprised we haven't discovered any of their warning buoys...

They drop trolls, not warning buoys... :(