Trumping the media

raykeller

Jan 22, 2017, 7:18:52 PM1/22/17

canadafreepress.com

"Liberal media is as credible and relevant as yesterday's horoscopes."

Trumping the media
Including a brief history of the MSM slide to the bottom of the pit ...

The then President-Elect upends a news media thatâ?Ts still in denial about
its vanished world
President-Elect Donald Trumpâ?Ts first news conference since the November
election vividly displayed how he has turned the media world upside down.
His unprecedented campaign and transition points to an administration
committed to solidifying a media revolution that began decades ago.

The media, especially the 95 percent within the media who are liberals, are
in free fall in audience and credibility. A recent Associated Press survey
reported that 96 percent of Americans no longer trust the â?omainstream
media.â?ť The media elite are still in denial that their world of
unaccountable privilege and bias has vanished.

How the media elite respond will determine whether anyone listens to them
ever again. The latest Buzzfeed/CNN promotion of false Trump trash is
further evidence that the elite are on a different planet from the real
world.

The American news media was â?omiddle of the roadâ?ť and patriotic until the
mid-1960s. At that time the older generation of media moguls retired or
died, ushering in activist liberals. Media liberalism became radical with
the Vietnam War and Watergate.

Accuracy in Media (AIM) was founded in 1969 by Reed Irvine to expose this
new liberal media bias. AIMâ?Ts documentation remained within conservative
circles until Vice President Spiro Agnew used its research in boldly
partisan speeches during the 1970 elections.

Americans were also held captive by three broadcast networks and Public
Broadcasting until CSPAN cable television entered the scene in 1979.
Conservative Members in the House of Representatives used CSPAN to conduct
guerrilla theater. Using large photos, graphs and models of Soviet
airplanes, House conservatives began to directly educate the public about
big government and the Soviet threat. It was the first breech of the liberal
media filters.

In April 1980, two senior news editors, Arnaud De Borchgrave and Robert
Moss, published The Spike, a novel exposing communist influence within the
American media. As importantly, they exposed how liberal media moguls
pervert reality as much by what they donâ?Tt cover as what they do â?"
â?ospikingâ?ť stories.

The real media revolution really began in 1987 when the Federal
Communication Commission (FCC) eliminated the â?oFairness Doctrine.â?ť For
the first time since 1949, radio stations could feature editorial content in
their normal programming. On August 1, 1988, Rush Limbaugh launched his
radio show. Now all Americans finally had access to non-liberal
perspectives.Â

The liberal media fought back. Talk radio hosts and news reporters were
denied press credentials to cover Congress until the Republicans took over
the House in January 1995. Even though credentialed, talk radio was still
shunned. The liberal media elite branded it unprofessional and said it
trafficked in conspiracy theories.

Starting in May 1995 with Netscape, the Internet devastated the liberal
media citadels. Website news began to supplant broadcast and print media.
Social media, along with internet access on mobile devices in 2004, ignited
an historic information revolution.Â

Conservative voices were unleashed by these upheavals. Liberal media elites
could no longer â?ospikeâ?ť stories or present their bias unchallenged. Even
their own audience favored getting their news from social media and shows on
Comedy Central. The media establishment sped its own demise by succumbing to
fake news from its reporters like Jayson Blair and Dan Rather, and
trafficking in false news like â?ohands-up donâ?Tt shootâ?T and â?oa video
caused the Benghazi attack.â?ť
All the elements of a liberal media cataclysm were in place. Trumpâ?Ts
blunt talk and his supportersâ?T contempt for the media brought the status
quo crashing down.

Nore than any other politician today, Trump understands that he can render
the media irrelevant. Pew Research and other studies show that 62 percent of
Americans now get all or part of their news from social media. Facebook
posts 510,000 comments and 136,000 photos per minute. Nearly 2.5 million
emails are sent every second. Fifty percent of Millennials check out
Facebook when they first wake-up.

Trump does not need to have his message filtered and interpreted by Democrat
operatives posing as journalists. Chris Matthews and George Stephanopoulos
were Democrat flacks long before they took on the trapping of journalists.
Dozens of reporters and â?oon-air talentâ?ť are married to Obama
Administration officials. Trumpâ?Ts response is to go over and around them.

Even President-Elect Trump currently has over 50 million Facebook and
Twitter followers. Millions of Trump supporters repost or retweet his quotes
on countless social media pages. Some 128 million Americans posted or liked
Trump content on Facebook during the campaign. No one has ever been so
pervasive in communicating and mobilizing.

Mr. Trump is the master of this new media reality. He understands that 140
characters on Twitter or a pithy comment or compelling image on Facebook
shapes the media cycle. This is all before he becomes President, with all
its additional resources and reach.

Liberal media in the Trump era is fast becoming as credible and relevant as
horoscopes.Â

Mr. B1ack

Jan 22, 2017, 9:57:13 PM1/22/17
The left-wing newsmedia in the USA thinks it's their job
to pick our presidents - and since they are so all-knowing
it is perfectly OK to heavily bias their reports to favor the
"correct" candidate and scourge any opposition. The
ends justify the means in their high holy cause.

However, as noted, their grip has been weakening. Cable
TV/news and the rise of conservative AM talk radio made
it possible to peek around the obstacles they created and
see more of the world as it is rather than as they TOLD
you it was. The internet has been the final, fatal blow to
the left-wing info-control bloc ... to big and too diverse
they just can't control it.

Trump was brilliant in his use of "alternative" news portals.
In doing so he deftly danced completely around the leftynews
censors and got his message straight to the voters. In doing
so the 'impossible' candidate became president (for better
or worse we'll have to wait and see :-)

In any case, when any relatively small and ideologically
synchophantic group can seize control of Truth it's a
BAD THING. No good ever comes from it. Trump has
shown how to beat and bloody our former information
overlords and I think we'll see many more follow his
example.

First-Post

Jan 22, 2017, 10:10:38 PM1/22/17
On Sun, 22 Jan 2017 21:57:06 -0500, Mr. B1ack <now...@nada.net>
wrote:
Him tweeting would seem to keep him more honest than just giving
statements to the media.
Once he puts something out on twitter then everyone knows it is what
HE is actually saying.
And in the past week or so, the twitter followers have been fact
checking maniacs.
Obama had the benefit of a very friendly media that was more than
willing to spin everything he told them in a positive light.

With Twitter it is what it is, good or bad.

Mr. B1ack

Jan 23, 2017, 3:18:52 PM1/23/17
Quite true ... but Trump had better remember it's
like a gun without a safety button, dangerous to
handle. Easy to shoot yourself in the foot.

Above I said that the leftymedia thought it knew
everything and was thus qualified/obligated to
pick all our national leaders - sort of a holy
mission for the common good dontchaknow.
It came to me that all these "facts" it knows
may not be as factual as they'd like to believe.

They start in the field or a research desk, the
data coming from a lefty reporter or investigator.
It's then fed into various pools and think-groups
that are also all-lefty. With approval from lefty
administrators they are then composed into
'stories' by lefty writers and spoken by lefty
'journalists' - whereupon *TRUTH* is stamped
on the package in big red letters and put on
the archive shelf.

When any fact/truth is filtered through THAT many
levels of ideologically syncophantic individuals and
committees it ISN'T TRUTH anymore. It's a "leftist
truth" ... disinfo at best, sometimes calculated
outright fantasy intended to mislead the Great
Unwashed (now known as the 'deplorables').

So, really, the leftynews people don't know dick.
They are NOT qualified to pick our leaders or
even tell you where to take a dump. Their vast
store of knowledge is SO one-sided, SO pre-
filtered and fit as to be worthless.

edhun...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2017, 7:52:46 PM1/23/17
No. You don't know how it works.

If you want to know, I'll tell you.

--
Ed Huntress

Associate Editor, McGraw-Hill Publications
Senior Editor, Smith Publishing
Senior Medical Editor, Publicis Managed Markets
VP/Editorial Director, Techgen Media

Steve from Colorado

Jan 23, 2017, 8:41:05 PM1/23/17
On 01/22/2017 05:19 PM, raykeller wrote:
> [...]
> Dozens of reporters and â?oon-air talentâ? are married to Obama
> Administration officials. Trumpâ?Ts response is to go over and around them.
>
> Even President-Elect Trump currently has over 50 million Facebook and
> Twitter followers. Millions of Trump supporters repost or retweet his quotes
> on countless social media pages. Some 128 million Americans posted or liked
> Trump content on Facebook during the campaign. No one has ever been so
> pervasive in communicating and mobilizing.
>
> Mr. Trump is the master of this new media reality. He understands that 140
> characters on Twitter or a pithy comment or compelling image on Facebook
> shapes the media cycle. This is all before he becomes President, with all
> its additional resources and reach.
>
> Liberal media in the Trump era is fast becoming as credible and relevant as

One must realize that Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook is all about the
"elite" trying to reign in the Wild Wild West of the World Wide Web.
Facebook acts as gate keeper of what can and cannot be expressed,
thought, and discussed, especially in Merkel's Germany and in the UK.
People get arrested and have their children taken by the state for
making the "wrong" comments about Muslims and "migrants" in their
Facebook posts. Twitter, also, can arbitrarily ban a Twitter account,
bringing back the days of "moderators" and newpaper editors who could
decide who gets published in the letters section and who doesn't.

I take Alex Jones, for example, with a grain of salt, since Infowars is
on Facebook. But that's just my personal preference. Millions of
people see no irony that the website that says "You are the resistance"
also supports FB, which is the ultimate Big Brother.

Good article. Thanks for posting.

--
www.globalgulag.us