Why has Frank Provasek Been Suspended From eBay So Many Times?

Mr. Mystery

Jun 20, 2009, 3:48:23 PM6/20/09
The buying public should be aware that Frank Provasek has, by his own
admission, been suspended and had his auctions terminated multiple times
by eBay .
He goes under the name FRANKCOINS.
Provasek blames numerous "vindictive" individuals for his repeated and
sometimes lengthy suspensions from eBay but when asked to provide proof
of that he can not do so.

Jim Higgins

Jun 20, 2009, 4:27:00 PM6/20/09
Mr. Mystery wrote:
> nothing

Why not use a real name and a real email address instead of posting from
under a damp, flat rock?

--
Civis Romanus Sum

Quigly P. Snodgrass

Jun 20, 2009, 4:32:49 PM6/20/09

"Jim Higgins" <gordi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Mr. Mystery wrote:
>> nothing
>
> Why not use a real name and a real email address instead of posting
> from under a damp, flat rock?

Fools' names and fools' faces often appear in public places!
Which, of course, explains why you are always here and Provasek has a
picture of his ugly pan all over the internet!

Rufus T. Firefly

Jun 20, 2009, 4:36:46 PM6/20/09

"Quigly P. Snodgrass" <inv...@anonymous.invalid> wrote in message

Indeed - if my dog had a face like that, I'd shave his ass and train him
to walk backwards!
Provasek isn't currently offering any Jack Benny DVDs, GooGone or other
crap on eBay.
I wonder if he was suspended again?

Haywood Jablowme

Jun 20, 2009, 4:47:27 PM6/20/09

"Jim Higgins" <gordi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Mr. Mystery wrote:
>> nothing
>
> Why not use a real name and a real email address instead of posting
> from under a damp, flat rock?

If Mr. Mystery wrote "nothing", what are you responding to?
Are the voices telling you to go try to be a big man on Usenet again?
Is that what's troubling you, bunky?
Well cheer up!
Somewhere the sun is shining!
Modern pharmaceuticals can help you (maybe)!
If not, go back to drinking yourself into a stupor every night!

coinsusa

Jun 21, 2009, 12:09:27 AM6/21/09
On Jun 20, 4:47 pm, "Haywood Jablowme" <anonym...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
> "Jim Higgins" <gordian...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Mr. Mystery wrote:
> >> nothing of importance

> > Why not use a real name and a real email address instead of posting
> > from under a damp, flat rock?

Doesn't take a genius to see what is going on..
Still he adds
Nothing of substance
Nothing positive
Nothing constructive

a real nowhere man

Mike Hunt

Jun 21, 2009, 10:10:28 AM6/21/09

"Mr. Mystery" <inv...@anonymous.invalid> wrote in message

Yes, why doesn't Frank Provasek give a BELIEVABLE explanation for his
many suspensions?
His wild fantasies about "vindictive" individuals and a vast conspiracy
to destroy his business are both laughable and pathetic.
His complaints can be tracked on Google Groups going back almost a
decade.
Every time something happens to Provasek, he finds a new straw dog to
blame and threaten.
Millions of people do business on eBay without problems yet Provasek has
been repeatedly suspended and had his auctions cancelled.
What does that tell you?

PC

Jun 21, 2009, 10:20:50 AM6/21/09

"Mike Hunt" <mi...@hunt.invalid> wrote in message

> Millions of people do business on eBay without problems yet Provasek has
> been repeatedly suspended and had his auctions cancelled.
> What does that tell you?

That some little sh*t from this NG is fraudently reporting his auctions en
masse and eBay is too stupid to discern false reports from real ones.

Mr. Jaggers

Jun 21, 2009, 10:25:06 AM6/21/09

My recent experience is that they fail to take any action at all on real
ones.

James the Snitch

Mr. Jaggers

Jun 21, 2009, 10:30:33 AM6/21/09

I'd be pleased if they took any action at all on the real ones. I just
watched an auction close at four figures for an obviously fake coin about
which the seller included an authenticity disclaimer in his listing,
unequivocally against eBay's rules. Sad.

James the Snitch

coinsusa

Jun 21, 2009, 11:00:38 AM6/21/09
On Jun 21, 10:10 am, "Mike Hunt" <m...@hunt.invalid> wrote:
> "Mr. Mystery" <inva...@anonymous.invalid> wrote in message

> What does that tell you?

It tells me that BOB is harrassing him.

Like I don't know who writes messages with phoney names here.
Is there some reason you are ashamed of what you say that you have
obscure your identity?

Still nothing of substance
Nothing positive
No supporting facts.
nothing constructive.

and especially nothing of any value to say.

Bob F.

Jun 21, 2009, 11:13:00 AM6/21/09

"Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com> wrote in message

Well obviously they haven't been reported by a member of this NG
otherwise they would have been instantly removed and the seller
suspended.
Such is the power of RCC!

Mr. Jaggers

Jun 21, 2009, 11:23:16 AM6/21/09
Bob F. wrote:
> "Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com> wrote in message
>> PC wrote:
>>> "Mike Hunt" <mi...@hunt.invalid> wrote in message

>>> That some little sh*t from this NG is fraudently reporting his
>>> auctions en masse and eBay is too stupid to discern false reports
>>> from real ones.
>>
>> I'd be pleased if they took any action at all on the real ones. I
>> just watched an auction close at four figures for an obviously fake
>> coin about which the seller included an authenticity disclaimer in
>> his listing, unequivocally against eBay's rules. Sad.
>
> Well obviously they haven't been reported by a member of this NG

Yes, they have. An auction for an identical fake, with the same
authenticity disclaimer, is now in progress, and has been reported as
well...

James the Stoolie

Bob F.

Jun 21, 2009, 11:33:15 AM6/21/09

"Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com> wrote in message

Well then, according to PC and Francine, eBay will instantaneously
remove the auction and suspend the malefactor!

PC

Jun 21, 2009, 11:48:27 AM6/21/09

"Bob F." <ad...@hardyboys.invalid> wrote in message

> Well then, according to PC and Francine, eBay will instantaneously remove
> the auction and suspend the malefactor!

I never made any such claim. The fact that you feel the need to hyperbolize
is very telling.

Mr. Jaggers

Jun 21, 2009, 12:29:38 PM6/21/09

Here's the response I got from eBay:

"Dear eBay Member,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to a suspicious coin listing.

Because eBay does not employ or train its Trust & Safety Customer
Support Representatives to be experts in the area of coins and currency,
we rely on expert opinions from knowledgeable people as well as reliable
third party organizations.

Your report will be reviewed by a group of members that comprise a
community watch group for coin auctions. They then confer amongst
themselves and either agree or disagree that the listings are
problematic. If it is agreed that a listing(s) is fraudulent or
improperly described, the listing(s) is then forwarded to eBay Trust and
Safety for removal.

We rely on our members to submit reports of potentially counterfeit
coins and other listings that may violate the eBay Selling Coins policy.
If you happen to see any listings you may feel violate our Coins and
Currency policies, please feel free to report them via the following
link:

http://www.ebay.com/ccw

Please note that ONLY Coins and Currency violations should be reported
here. Other types of violations sent here will be delayed as they are
redirected to the appropriate department.

Please see the following page for eBay's policies regarding the sale of
coins:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-coins.html

Again, thank you for your report. We appreciate your help in keeping
eBay a safe and reputable forum to conduct business.

Sincerely,
Heidi

eBay Customer Support"

It appears that a complaint has to go through several steps, each one
involving a different sub-bureaucracy. By the time it works its way through
all that, I'm afraid the auction will have closed, the seller received his
payment, with the happy new owner eagerly awaiting his treasure.

Here is eBay's policy regarding authenticity disclaimers:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/authenticity-disclaimers.html

James

Jerry Dennis

Jun 21, 2009, 6:27:32 PM6/21/09
On Jun 21, 12:29 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com>
wrote:

> Here's the response I got from eBay:
>
> "Dear eBay Member,

<<Bureaucratic BS snipped gfor brevity>>

> Sincerely,
> Heidi
>
> eBay Customer Support"
>
> It appears that a complaint has to go through several steps, each one
> involving a different sub-bureaucracy.  By the time it works its way through
> all that, I'm afraid the auction will have closed, the seller received his
> payment, with the happy new owner eagerly awaiting his treasure.
>
> Here is eBay's policy regarding authenticity disclaimers:
>
> http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/authenticity-disclaimers.html
>
> James- Hide quoted text -

Sorry for cutting out the garbage you received from ebay, James.
Sounds like something Queen Nancy would spew, "We're not experts so
we'll forward it to experts who will review it and return it to us
with their recommendations so we can ignore it so it will go away on
its own."

Jerry
Gotta get the political rant in there somehow. :-)

Mr. Jaggers

Jun 21, 2009, 6:50:08 PM6/21/09

No problem with the rant, but you need to expand it from just Nancy to the
entire stable of politicians, both sides of the aisle, all levels bottom to
top. I finally had to turn my BS detector completely off, as it's been
sounding the alarm continuously, even at its tightest setting. Even turned
off, unplugged, and stored in a lead box it still lets out a peep almost
every day.

My Sainted Father-in-law's favorite response to "How cold is it?" : "It's
colder than a politician's handshake."

James the Gladhandler

Message has been deleted

Bob F.

Jun 21, 2009, 7:30:54 PM6/21/09
"Jerry Dennis" <JDen...@aol.com> wrote in message

Sorry for cutting out the garbage you received from ebay, James.
Sounds like something Queen Nancy would spew, "...

Who the fuck is Queen Nancy and what does she have to do with Frank
Provasek's multiple eBay suspensions?

coinsusa

Jun 21, 2009, 9:17:07 PM6/21/09
On Jun 21, 7:30 pm, "Bob F." <ad...@hardyboys.invalid> wrote:
> "Jerry Dennis" <JDen1...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Sorry for cutting out the garbage you received from ebay, James.
> Sounds like something Queen Nancy would spew, "...
>
> Who the fuck is Queen Nancy

That would be her majesty the queen Nancy Pelosi

and what does she have to do with Frank
> Provasek's multiple eBay suspensions?

The better question is what did you have to do with his suspensions?

Please try to be constructive in your answers with supporting facts.
Feel free to leave off the name calling and snotty remarks. Not being
jdgemental would be nice as well.

Have a good day.

Wayne

Jun 21, 2009, 10:30:36 PM6/21/09

I wish you all would be frank with me.

technomaNge

Jun 21, 2009, 11:00:05 PM6/21/09

Did you say that in Earnest?

technomaNge

James E. Morrow

Jun 21, 2009, 11:13:16 PM6/21/09
In article <h1jegi$8el$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
inv...@anonymous.invalid says...

Pardner I here tell that in Texas they hang horse thieves and coin
dealers. We can but hope the other 49 states will show similar good
judgement.
--
James E. Morrow
Email to: jamese...@email.com

oly

Jun 22, 2009, 12:04:51 AM6/22/09
On Jun 21, 10:00 pm, technomaNge <u...@ftc.gov> wrote:
> Wayne wrote:
> > Mr. Jaggers wrote:

Two maggots were fighting in dead Ernest.

oly

Message has been deleted

technomaNge

Jun 22, 2009, 12:46:06 AM6/22/09
oly wrote:

> Two maggots were fighting in dead Ernest.

about who's the next turn is.

One of them said

"You eat the head,

I'll go where the fun is.

technomaNge
--

Ogden Nash has nothing to fear from me.

Your name

Jun 22, 2009, 1:46:03 AM6/22/09
"Rufus T. Firefly" <inv...@invalid.invalid> wrote in news:h1jhb9$nms$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

> "Quigly P. Snodgrass" <inv...@anonymous.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jim Higgins" <gordi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Why not use a real name and a real email address instead of posting
>>> from under a damp, flat rock?
>>
>> Fools' names and fools' faces often appear in public places!
>> Which, of course, explains why you are always here and Provasek has a
>> picture of his ugly pan all over the internet!
>
> Indeed - if my dog had a face like that, I'd shave his ass and train him
> to walk backwards!

Would you then velcro the poor creatures tail to his head ?

Message has been deleted

technomaNge

Jun 22, 2009, 2:27:03 AM6/22/09
som...@some.domain wrote:

> ezra pound and ts eliot were fighting in the captain's tower.

both were getting wordier by the hour,

technomaNge

PeterD

Jun 22, 2009, 8:36:13 AM6/22/09

Frankly I don't give a damn.

BrotherBart

Jun 22, 2009, 12:05:12 PM6/22/09

Frank lit a match
To find his tank
Now they call him
Skinless Frank

- Burma Shave

oly

Jun 22, 2009, 11:09:28 AM6/22/09
On Jun 22, 7:36 am, PeterD <pet...@hipson.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 22:30:36 -0400, Wayne <WayneS...@unick.org> wrote:
> >Mr. Jaggers wrote:

> >> My recent experience is that they fail to take any action at all on real
> >> ones.
>
> >> James the Snitch
>
> >I wish you all would be frank with me.
>
> Frankly I don't give a damn.- Hide quoted text -

I used to work with a guy named Fred Scarlett. He had an older
brother named Frank Lee (this is the truth).

oly

Frank Galikanokus

Jun 23, 2009, 5:47:55 PM6/23/09
"Mr. Mystery" wrote:

> The buying public should be aware that Frank Provasek has, by his own
> admission, been suspended and had his auctions terminated multiple times
> by eBay .
> He goes under the name FRANKCOINS.
> Provasek blames numerous "vindictive" individuals for his repeated and
> sometimes lengthy suspensions from eBay but when asked to provide proof
> of that he can not do so.

Please do not feed the troll.

JAM

Bob F.

Jun 23, 2009, 6:02:53 PM6/23/09

"Frank Galikanokus" <FrankGal...@nospam.net> wrote in message

Are you yet another of Frank Provasek's sockpuppets?
What does JAM stand for - Just A Moron?

Ignoramus17181

Jun 23, 2009, 6:16:08 PM6/23/09
Hm, you seem to be waging a "one man, many aliases" campaign about
Frank Provasek, posting from the same place as the original poster.

Could it possibly be that your allegations are untrue?

Bob F.

Jun 23, 2009, 6:45:40 PM6/23/09
"Ignoramus17181" <ignoram...@NOSPAM.17181.invalid> wrote in message

> Could it possibly be that your allegations are untrue?

I make no allegations about Frank Provasek, I merely report what is
already public knowledge.
Frank Provasek has posted many times that he has been suspended from
eBay and had his auctions cancelled.
Even an ignoramus like you can search Google Groups to find his
admissions.
Could it possibly be that you are yet another of Frank Provasek's
sockpuppets?

PeterD

Jun 23, 2009, 6:50:04 PM6/23/09
On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 17:16:08 -0500, Ignoramus17181
<ignoram...@NOSPAM.17181.invalid> wrote:

>Hm, you seem to be waging a "one man, many aliases" campaign about
>Frank Provasek, posting from the same place as the original poster.
>
>Could it possibly be that your allegations are untrue?

Naw, he just had no idea who he really is... A case of confused
identity, probably thinks that grits are somethign one eats.

Jerry Dennis

Jun 24, 2009, 7:08:53 AM6/24/09
> James the Gladhandler- Hide quoted text -

Warning - Warning - Warning --- Political Rant -- Avoid At All Costs

I have to agree completely. It seems all politicians do whatever they
can to avoid doing anything other than getting themselves reelected.
My reference to the (hopefully "former") Speaker of the House is
because she blatantly seems to think that the entire House is her
empire and she alone determines what deserves discussion,
consideration, etc. I guess the thing that bothers me about her is
that she was elected by the good folks of the San Francisco area, yet
she's making decisions that affect the entire populace. Remember, it
was she (and part of her ilk) that forced the vote on the stimulus
package on a late Friday afternoon without allowing anyone to read it
first. It's scary and sobering that she's next in succession, after
the VP, to be President. If anyone cares, Hillary is #5 after the
President Pro-Tem.

Jerry
People need to study Civics again.

Mr. Jaggers

Jun 24, 2009, 7:47:50 AM6/24/09

Pelosi was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives out of the SF
Congressional District, but likewise was former Speaker Hastert elected out
of his district in Illinois. Both were elevated to their high positions by
dint of being members of the majority party. The House indeed is the de
facto empire of the Speaker, a protocol that was set up long before you and
I were born. Our American system confers this level of national power, like
it or not, which is a lesson of the Civics of which you speak. Just because
the political party of your preference is out of power is not sufficient
reason to critique the system. Name me a Speaker of the House who has not
abused his power, at least in the eyes of the party out of power. I
recommend that people read U.S. history and the Constitution much more and
listen to media talkers much less. Primary documents will teach far more
than the packaged-and-marketed opinions we get from corporate "news"
sources.

As far as Presidential succession is concerned, that, too, is established by
the U.S. Constitution as amended. Don't like it? Either lump it or start
your own grassroots movement to get it changed. Quite frankly, the thought
of either Sarah Palin or Joe Biden ascending to the Presidency keeps me
awake at night, which contributes in no small part to the orneriness that I
often manifest in these pages.

James the Pundit

oly

Jun 24, 2009, 8:25:54 AM6/24/09
> James the Pundit- Hide quoted text -

The actual succession to the Presidency, after the Vice President, is
established by law, not the Constitution. The last such act was
passed by Congress and signed by the Presdient in 1947. Of course,
there has been a subsequent amendment which allows the Vice Presidency
to be filled in a more timely manner the event of a vacancy.

I have to side with Jerry here - my example is Nancy Pelosi's demand
(soon after bcoming Speaker) that she be given an "Air Force 3", a jet
equivalent to at least that available to the Vice President at all
times. What an egotistical bunt.

oly

PC

Jun 24, 2009, 8:26:39 AM6/24/09

I have to agree completely. It seems all politicians do whatever they
can to avoid doing anything other than getting themselves reelected.
My reference to the (hopefully "former") Speaker of the House is
because she blatantly seems to think that the entire House is her
empire and she alone determines what deserves discussion,
consideration, etc.

God I just LOVE rhetorical bullshit backed by not one example or even a
faint a hint of facts.

Read what yo wrote, sheesh. You are being brainwashed.

Bob F.

Jun 24, 2009, 8:44:33 AM6/24/09

"PC" <P...@minneapolis.mn.us> wrote in message

Unlike you, at least he has a brain.

Mr. Jaggers

Jun 24, 2009, 9:03:14 AM6/24/09

If that's your main beef with Pelosi, I'd say you should thank your lucky
stars that you live in 21st century America. Imagine your life under, say,
Louis XIV. There's ego, and then there's ego.

James the Thankful

PC

Jun 24, 2009, 9:23:01 AM6/24/09

>> I have to side with Jerry here - my example is Nancy Pelosi's demand
>> (soon after bcoming Speaker) that she be given an "Air Force 3", a jet
>> equivalent to at least that available to the Vice President at all
>> times. What an egotistical bunt.
>
> If that's your main beef with Pelosi, I'd say you should thank your lucky
> stars that you live in 21st century America. Imagine your life under,
> say, Louis XIV. There's ego, and then there's ego.

No to mention that the story is compeltely false. Since when did oly rely
on facts, though?

Mr. Jaggers

Jun 24, 2009, 9:46:48 AM6/24/09

oly

Jun 24, 2009, 5:53:40 PM6/24/09

Right. A false story, right. Meglomaniacs like Queen Nancy are very
unsure of themselves, they are so outside the normal life of their
country. That's a big reason why they surround themselves with
minions willing to fall on their swords whenever the "Supreme Leader"
visibly messes up. Queen Nancy crossed the line of sanity, got caught
out, and one of her minions fell on his sword. False story, Right.

I'm sure that you make a great sheeple, P.C.

oly

Jerry Dennis

Jun 25, 2009, 8:17:14 AM6/25/09
> James the Pundit- Hide quoted text -

James, it's too bad we didn't live near each other. We'd be the two
crotchety old guys on the porch willing to solve the world's problems
if only the world was smart enough to ask us. :-)

Jerry
"Damn kids think they got it tough? They don't know what tough is?
Remember when Obama spent all that money in '09?" -- Me in 2052
(I'll be 100 years old)

Jerry Dennis

Jun 25, 2009, 8:33:41 AM6/25/09
On Jun 24, 8:26 am, "PC" <P...@minneapolis.mn.us> wrote:

Okay, PC. Here's my beef.

#1 - Nancy Pelosi is an elected offical to represent the good people
of San Francisco's district. Can we agree on that?

#2 - Her fellow representatives elected her to mediate/moderate
discussions within the House. Can we agree on that, too?

#3 - She shut down any and all attempts by other representatives
(including some of her own party) NOT to vote on Obama's stimulus
package last February since it would have taken weeks to read through
over 1,100 pages of bureaucracy. She and the other extremes on the
left forced the vote which, in turn, put this economy in worse shape
than it would have been in had the government let it run its course.
This act of hers shows a mini-monarchy, she attempting to direct 435
votes to go her way.

Jerry
I love a lively debate without flames and other ill-will.

Mr. Jaggers

Jun 25, 2009, 8:39:16 AM6/25/09

What we really need is for Amistad to be there with us. Then we could do a
respectable "Three Amigos" routine!

James

Jerry Dennis

Jun 25, 2009, 8:45:56 AM6/25/09
> oly- Hide quoted text -

Actually, succession is established by the 25th Amendment. As I was
taught in high school, succession, in a nutshell, is:

Vice-President
Speaker of the House
President Pro-Tem of the Senate
Cabinet members in the order of their establishment.

Check out the link below. If anything happens to the President and
succession becomes necessary, I am VERY worried. Still, I sincerely
believe America will survive; not because of government, but in spite
of government.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A01010132.html

Jerry
I shoulda been a Constitional scholar.
Maybe I'll just take a morning constitution, instead. :-)

PC

Jun 25, 2009, 8:52:59 AM6/25/09

"Jerry Dennis" <JDen...@aol.com> wrote in message

*snipped reasonable points*

#3 - She shut down any and all attempts by other representatives

Proof?

<<
(including some of her own party) NOT to vote on Obama's stimulus
package last February since it would have taken weeks to read through
over 1,100 pages of bureaucracy.

I remember that far away time. The stock market was REALLY REALLY low.
There was a sense that the sky was falling. I am sure there was no outside
pressure to "get something done". Clearly this was Nancy Pelosi abusing her
power in order to ruin this country because that is what she is dedicated to
doing.

<<<
She and the other extremes on the
left forced the vote which

"Forced"? Nothing could have been done? This is all about Nancy Pelosi's
evil plot to destory America?

, in turn, put this economy in worse shape than it would have been in had
the government let it run its course.

Yes the strategy of letting things run their course worked so well for
Herbert Hoover, after all.

This act of hers shows a mini-monarchy, she attempting to direct 435
votes to go her way.
<<<

Methinks someone needs to stop listening to Rush Limbaugh/Sean Hannity.

Mr. Jaggers

Jun 25, 2009, 9:37:00 AM6/25/09
PC wrote:
> Methinks someone needs to stop listening to Rush Limbaugh/Sean
> Hannity.

I think everyone needs to stop listening to Limbaugh and Hannity. They are
the bent coins in the vending machine of freedom (how's that for getting
back on topic?).

James the Moneychanger

Mr. Jaggers

Jun 25, 2009, 9:58:34 AM6/25/09
Jerry Dennis wrote:
> On Jun 24, 8:26 am, "PC" <P...@minneapolis.mn.us> wrote:
>> "Jerry Dennis" <JDen1...@aol.com> wrote in message

>> I have to agree completely. It seems all politicians do whatever they
>> can to avoid doing anything other than getting themselves reelected.
>> My reference to the (hopefully "former") Speaker of the House is
>> because she blatantly seems to think that the entire House is her
>> empire and she alone determines what deserves discussion,
>> consideration, etc.
>>

>> God I just LOVE rhetorical bullshit backed by not one example or
>> even a faint a hint of facts.
>>
>> Read what yo wrote, sheesh. You are being brainwashed.
>
> Okay, PC. Here's my beef.
>
> #1 - Nancy Pelosi is an elected offical to represent the good people
> of San Francisco's district. Can we agree on that?

Speaking on my own behalf, not PC's, I agree (because Jerry D. recently said
it).

> #2 - Her fellow representatives elected her to mediate/moderate
> discussions within the House. Can we agree on that, too?

Again, speaking only for myself, I agree (how could I not - it's the
American way, and besides, I, James, recently said it)

> #3 - She shut down any and all attempts by other representatives
> (including some of her own party) NOT to vote on Obama's stimulus
> package last February since it would have taken weeks to read through
> over 1,100 pages of bureaucracy. She and the other extremes on the
> left

Here's where we part company. As flawed as are the human beings who
currently inhabit Washington (and the 50 state governments to boot), and as
much as I, too, have used the broadbrush to indict politicians of every
stripe, in my opinion there is not a single one who deserves the label of
"extreme left." Use of this term serves only to establish an "us-and-them"
mentality, and is a favorite tool of rightwing radio talkers, used to
validate the fears and insecurities of their listeners and make them feel
part of a group, while they themselves laugh all the way to the bank. Tell
me how to more effectively tear this country apart than to plant the idea in
the minds of tens of millions of your and my fellow citizens that
approximately half our population (read "libruls") is pond scum and totally
undeserving of even the time of day. This sounds dangerously like the
advocacy of one-party rule to me.

I've studied history, enough to have met some of the more notorious "extreme
left" characters - Robespierre immediately comes to mind, as does L�nine.
These were the kind of guys I don't want to see in our governments, and
thank goodness, I don't see them, not even in Pelosi, Kennedy, Obama, Reid,
Gore, Kerry, and any other Democrat you choose to name combined.

James the Revolutionary

PC

Jun 25, 2009, 10:16:08 AM6/25/09

> I've studied history, enough to have met some of the more notorious
> "extreme left" characters - Robespierre immediately comes to mind, as does
> L�nine.

Good beer! Oh wait... that is Leinenkugel's. Never mind.

mazorj

Jun 25, 2009, 12:42:15 PM6/25/09

"Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com> wrote in message
> Jerry Dennis wrote:

Noting that we only have one member of the Socialist Party in Congress and
no certified commies or anarchists, I'll agree with the above and add
another objection.

First, the far right has drastically redefined the political landscape. All
terminology has been shifted in their direction. Anyone who is a solid,
middle-of-the-camp liberal (a 75th percentile on the scale - or 25th,
depending on which direction you take it) is now an "extreme leftist
liberal." Anyone in the middle of the road (50th percentile and therefore
not a card-carrying "real conservative) is "a liberal". An ordinary,
non-extreme liberal, but nevertheless a liberal and therefore an enemy of
the state. God knows what the true far left (socialists, commies,
anarchists, etc.) are supposed to be called now.

Even Republicans are not immune to this 1984-ish New Speak. Moderate
Republicans have gone the way of the passenger pigeon, driven out of office
and power by howling neocon mobs. Even solidly middle-of-the-right
Republicans are as endangered as snail darters unless they frequently and
loudly profess their loyalty to the far-right's agenda.

As someone wisely observed, whoever is allowed to frame the terms of the
debate usually wins the debate. Or at the least (as in "baby-killers"
instead of "pro-choice") starts with the playing field tilted steeply in
their favor.

Second, the PATRIOT Act and many other Republican bills were rammed through
under the same circumstances *and* with the additional political abuse of
the bullying tactics described in the previous paragraph. Ideally we all
should want every bill to receive proper consideration, but too often "we
need time to review and debate this" is code for "we're gonna stall this
thing until the cows come home and there's another election cycle."
Sometimes doing nothing is better than doing anything, but OTOH there are
times when doing something is essential and the perfect becomes the enemy of
the good.

I know, Democrats do the same thing, but 1.) Now it's the Republicans,
thumping their truncheons and baseball bats, who are standing in the doorway
to change (you youngsters will have to google southern state governors and
1950s-1960s racial integration to get that reference), and 2.) What goes
around comes around and paybacks are hell, both ways.

> I've studied history, enough to have met some of the more notorious
> "extreme left" characters - Robespierre immediately comes to mind, as does

> L�nine. These were the kind of guys I don't want to see in our

> governments, and thank goodness, I don't see them, not even in Pelosi,
> Kennedy, Obama, Reid, Gore, Kerry, and any other Democrat you choose to
> name combined.

Has anyone ever done a coin with Robespierre on it? (How's that for a segue
back to topic?)

> James the Revolutionary

- mazorj the Interlocutor

Bruce Remick

Jun 25, 2009, 1:02:47 PM6/25/09

"Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com> wrote in message

Left or right. Rep, Dem, or otherwise, I do tend to believe that those
elected to national office are mostly dedicated to individual concerns--
getting re-elected, diverting as much of the national budget as possible to
their particular state, and racking up points toward building influence on
the Hill. I'm convinced that my concerns as a Virginian matter little to a
senator from Iowa or Maine.

Trying to get 430-some-odd individuals to agree on anything of
importance has become near impossible. An elected official will never
comment on the merits of a specific bill or proposal without first learning
which party proposed it. He or she apparently is regularly schooled at some
secret institution on how to cleverly deflect a controversial question,
usually beginning a party-line answer with "Look,...."

One more thing that will be left for our grandchildren to address.

Mr. Jaggers

Jun 25, 2009, 1:45:37 PM6/25/09

You would then enjoy reading David Neiwert's recent book The
Eliminationists. He points out that there are indeed far-right elements
inside the U.S. that historically have been mostly isolated and invisible
except in times of specific incident (Timothy McVeigh, for example), but
whose views are now made visible and legitimized by rightwing talkers who
have seen how their salaries balloon when they propagate those ideas to a
frustrated, validation-seeking, down-on-their-luck audience. Republican
candidates now sense that they cannot get elected unless they offer at least
a nod to those ideas. The recent Presidential campaign season serves as
proof of that. John McCain, whom I have been following for decades, and who
was, in my view, the most level-headed one of the bunch, just had to
badmouth the funding of a new Zeiss projector for the Adler Planetarium in
Chicago, in an attempt to satisfy the hunger for red meat on the part of
some of the ignorant followers. I remain convinced that the choice of Sarah
Palin as his VP candidate was not his idea, but something foisted upon him
by unseen agencies. I've not yet - and I emphasize yet - come to a similar
conclusion about Biden as Obama's running mate, but it could just as easily
be the case there. Considering the billions of dollars in kickback money
that lurks under all political gaming tables, is it any wonder that our
system is so jacked over?

> As someone wisely observed, whoever is allowed to frame the terms of
> the debate usually wins the debate. Or at the least (as in
> "baby-killers" instead of "pro-choice") starts with the playing field
> tilted steeply in their favor.

One word: semantics.

> Second, the PATRIOT Act and many other Republican bills were rammed
> through under the same circumstances *and* with the additional
> political abuse of the bullying tactics described in the previous
> paragraph. Ideally we all should want every bill to receive proper
> consideration, but too often "we need time to review and debate this"
> is code for "we're gonna stall this thing until the cows come home
> and there's another election cycle." Sometimes doing nothing is
> better than doing anything, but OTOH there are times when doing
> something is essential and the perfect becomes the enemy of the good.

"These are not the droids you're looking for." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

> I know, Democrats do the same thing, but 1.) Now it's the Republicans,
> thumping their truncheons and baseball bats, who are standing in the
> doorway to change (you youngsters will have to google southern state
> governors and 1950s-1960s racial integration to get that reference),
> and 2.) What goes around comes around and paybacks are hell, both
> ways.
>> I've studied history, enough to have met some of the more notorious
>> "extreme left" characters - Robespierre immediately comes to mind,

>> as does L�nine. These were the kind of guys I don't want to see in

>> our governments, and thank goodness, I don't see them, not even in
>> Pelosi, Kennedy, Obama, Reid, Gore, Kerry, and any other Democrat
>> you choose to name combined.
>
> Has anyone ever done a coin with Robespierre on it? (How's that for
> a segue back to topic?)

If there ever had been any, I suspect Nap Premier saw to it that they were
all melted and recoined into pieces with his own mug on them.

James the Rain of Terror

Mr. Jaggers

Jun 25, 2009, 1:50:34 PM6/25/09

You didn't just describe politics there, you described human nature.

> Trying to get 430-some-odd individuals to agree on anything of
> importance has become near impossible. An elected official will never
> comment on the merits of a specific bill or proposal without first
> learning which party proposed it. He or she apparently is regularly
> schooled at some secret institution on how to cleverly deflect a
> controversial question, usually beginning a party-line answer with
> "Look,...."

All the more reason that knowing how laws are made belongs on the list of
the top three things that we should never see, along with how restaurant
food is prepared and how hot dogs are manufactured. Unfortunately, the
media explosion now lets us see it to the point of nausea.

> One more thing that will be left for our grandchildren to address.

But, Bruce, wasn't it left to us by our own grandparents, and their
grandparents before them, etc. etc.?

James the Redundant

Bruce Remick

Jun 25, 2009, 2:47:41 PM6/25/09

"Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com> wrote in message

Why then do we continue to believe we are electing representatives who
somehow will rise above human nature and work (although they always prefer
saying "fight") for the good of our country? We've already got enough
individual state officials who ostensibly work for the good of each state.
You're probably right. Human nature.

>> Trying to get 430-some-odd individuals to agree on anything of
>> importance has become near impossible. An elected official will never
>> comment on the merits of a specific bill or proposal without first
>> learning which party proposed it. He or she apparently is regularly
>> schooled at some secret institution on how to cleverly deflect a
>> controversial question, usually beginning a party-line answer with
>> "Look,...."
>
> All the more reason that knowing how laws are made belongs on the list of
> the top three things that we should never see, along with how restaurant
> food is prepared and how hot dogs are manufactured. Unfortunately, the
> media explosion now lets us see it to the point of nausea.
>
>> One more thing that will be left for our grandchildren to address.
>
> But, Bruce, wasn't it left to us by our own grandparents, and their
> grandparents before them, etc. etc.?

Yup. But there is nothing in writing that says each subsequent generation
HAS to address these issues. Each can simply repeat this same standard
lament for the next of us to come along. Personally, I would be curious to
see NYC under water, assuming it won't happen overnight or during a ball
game.

Frank Provasek

Jun 25, 2009, 4:22:46 PM6/25/09
On Jun 24, 7:25 am, oly <oly2...@aol.com> wrote:>
> I have to side with Jerry here - my example is Nancy Pelosi's demand
> (soon after bcoming Speaker) that she be given an "Air Force 3", a jet
> equivalent to at least that available to the Vice President at all
> times.  What an egotistical bunt.

This is one of those Right Wing lies propagated through Rush
Limbaugh,
Sean Hannity, Fox News. George W. Bush REQUIRED the Speaker of the
House to use military planes after 9/11.
It never became an issue until a DEMOCRAT became Speaker.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/pelosi/jet.asp

Frank Provasek

Jun 25, 2009, 4:27:42 PM6/25/09
On Jun 20, 2:48 pm, "Mr. Mystery" <inva...@anonymous.invalid> wrote:
> The buying public should be aware that Frank Provasek has, by his own
> admission, been suspended and had his auctions terminated multiple times
> by eBay .
> He goes under the name FRANKCOINS.
> Provasek blames numerous "vindictive" individuals for his repeated and
> sometimes lengthy suspensions from eBay but when asked to provide proof
> of that he can not do so.

Come on Finnan, you are the one who has urged everyone to go over my
listings and
make frivilous reports, knowing that a certain number will be believed
by ebay staff
in India.

This is my first day back at home since my roof was ripped off in a
storm on June 10...and THIS
message from Finnan is the first thing that greets me on RCC. Go back
under your rock, Finnan.

Mr. Jaggers

Jun 25, 2009, 4:46:30 PM6/25/09

I agree with you completely, but due to a number of pickup points in this
post, I suspect that you are someone other than Frank Provasek.

James the Authentic

Mr. Jaggers

Jun 25, 2009, 5:00:16 PM6/25/09

I find it perplexing that none of the numerous reports I have filed with
eBay (not about any frankcoins listings, by the way) have been acted upon,
in spite of the fact that I have demonstrated to the staff "in India" that
the listings were clearly against the simple eBay rule concerning
authenticity disclaimers in coin auction text. How does it happen that
Finnan or anyone else would be successful where I have repeatedly failed?
Something doesn't compute here.

James the Jilted

PC

Jun 25, 2009, 5:28:08 PM6/25/09

> I find it perplexing that none of the numerous reports I have filed with
> eBay (not about any frankcoins listings, by the way) have been acted upon,
> in spite of the fact that I have demonstrated to the staff "in India" that
> the listings were clearly against the simple eBay rule concerning
> authenticity disclaimers in coin auction text. How does it happen that
> Finnan or anyone else would be successful where I have repeatedly failed?
> Something doesn't compute here.

I too have reported auctions only to see them finish without incident.

I have seen reports in this NG (RCC) about fraudelent auctions that are
subsequently removed within a couple hours of the posting.

My guess - eBay won't do much about an isolated report. eBay will, however,
act very fast and without any assessment if they get numerous reports on the
same auction.

Frank Provasek

Jun 25, 2009, 5:35:08 PM6/25/09
On Jun 25, 11:42 am, "mazorj" <maz...@verizon.net> wrote:

>.  An ordinary,
> non-extreme liberal, but nevertheless a liberal and therefore an enemy of
> the state.

Literally

Sean Penn so designated by Sean Hannity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5ZY5BtyoUg

oly

Jun 25, 2009, 5:40:23 PM6/25/09
> Maybe I'll just take a morning constitution, instead.  :-)- Hide quoted text -

While I think that you and I are mostly on the same page here, the
25th Amendment does not cover the presidential succession after the
Vice President.

oly

Bruce Remick

Jun 25, 2009, 5:59:07 PM6/25/09

"PC" <P...@minneapolis.mn.us> wrote in message

Several of us serious can collectors have repeatedly pinged eBay about one
particular seller who makes and sells amazing copies of rare cans from the
1930's and 1940's, as well as attractive fantasy label designs. The real
version of these fabricated cans often sell for $1-$2,000 or more and the
copy could only be authenticated by comparing it to a known authentic one.
Ebay has ignored our messages. I have contacted this seller several times
during an active auction asking if there is anything on the can that
describes it as a reproduction or copy, but I never received a reply.

I can just imagine that hundreds of other collector and upscale retail
products face the same problems on eBay. So it's hard for me to believe
that a few "complaints" about the wording of a particular eBay coin auction
would get such prompt attention.

Roger Hunt

Jun 25, 2009, 6:21:44 PM6/25/09
In article <f797005a-4aa0-4322...@l34g2000vbi.googlegroup
s.com>, oly <oly...@aol.com> writes

>On Jun 25, 7:45�am, Jerry Dennis <JDen1...@aol.com> wrote:
(snip)

>> Check out the link below. �If anything happens to the President and
>> succession becomes necessary, I am VERY worried. �Still, I sincerely
>> believe America will survive; not because of government, but in spite
>> of government.
>>
>> http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A01010132.html
>>
>> Jerry
>> I shoulda been a Constitional scholar.
>> Maybe I'll just take a morning constitution, instead. �:-)- Hide quoted text
>-
>
>While I think that you and I are mostly on the same page here, the
>25th Amendment does not cover the presidential succession after the
>Vice President.

In the event of this circumstance the nation would return to ownership
by it's former colonial masters.
--
Roger Hunt

Bob F.

Jun 25, 2009, 7:41:44 PM6/25/09
"Roger Hunt" <nos...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> In the event of this circumstance the nation would return to ownership
> by it's former colonial masters.

I say give it back to the Indians. There isn't a casino near enough to
me yet!

Bob F.

Jun 25, 2009, 7:48:15 PM6/25/09

"Frank Provasek" <fr...@frankcoins.com> wrote in message

> Come on Finnan, you are the one who has urged everyone to go over my
> listings and make frivilous reports, knowing that a certain number
> will be believed
by ebay staff in India.

You are lying again Fwankie.
I never encouraged ANYBODY to make a frivilous report nor am I aware of
any shortcomings on the part of eBay's staff in India (or elsewhere for
that matter).
If you have any proof to the contrary, publish it here otherwise shut
the fuck up and slither back under your rock.

> This is my first day back at home since my roof was ripped off in a
> storm on June 10...and THIS message from Finnan is the first thing
> that greets me on RCC.

Gee, I guess you better run over to the PCGS board and whine some more,
Fwankie.

There wouldn't be room under there for the both of us Fwankie, although
I'm sure you'd love the feeling of another man rubbing up against you!

Bob F.

Jun 25, 2009, 7:54:09 PM6/25/09
"Bruce Remick" <rem...@cox.net> wrote in message

> I can just imagine that hundreds of other collector and upscale retail
> products face the same problems on eBay. So it's hard for me to
> believe that a few "complaints" about the wording of a particular eBay
> coin auction would get such prompt attention.

Some rainy day when you have nothing better to do, peruse Google Groups
for Fwankie's old posts going back to the dawn of the decade (if not
earlier) and you will find Fwankie has been whining about eBay and
vindictive individuals out to "wreck" his business since that time.
Fwankie always finds some strawman to blame for all his problem.
Currently he has picked me but, as yet, has failed to provide one
scintilla of evidence to back up his paranoid delusions.
Fwankie needs psychiatric help, IMO.

mazorj

Jun 25, 2009, 7:55:06 PM6/25/09

> Personally, I would be curious to see NYC under water, assuming it won't
> happen overnight or during a ball game.

Do you mean fiscally or physically?

We already saw that fiscally a few decades ago, the figurative "Big Mac
Attack." We'd have both if it happened physically, a kind of catastrophic
two-fer'.

BrotherBart

Jun 25, 2009, 8:58:10 PM6/25/09
What happened to Butt Boy out in Mineral Wells? Did he jilt Frank and
move uptown to Lake Worth?

Roger Hunt

Jun 25, 2009, 8:01:29 PM6/25/09
In article <h2123s$3bq$1...@news.eternal-september.org>, Bob F.
<ad...@invalid.invalid> writes
I admire the Indians for using the White Man's toy to cheerfully
bleed him dry. :-)
--
Roger Hunt

oly

Jun 25, 2009, 8:11:51 PM6/25/09
On Jun 25, 7:01 pm, Roger Hunt <nos...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <h2123s$3b...@news.eternal-september.org>, Bob F.

I think that you're trying to point out that Casinos on the
Reservation are the modern version of the old Indian "Scalping Party".

oly

Bob F.

Jun 25, 2009, 8:17:04 PM6/25/09

"Roger Hunt" <nos...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

The Indians are scalping their white brothers by catering to their
vices.
The tribes out here are selling tax-free cigarettes (illegally some say)
and are threatening to open a casino out in the Hamptons.
In nearby Connecticut there are 2 huge Indian casinos (Mohegan Sun &
Foxwoods) and another Indian casino just opened up in Bethlehem PA.
Apparently the fact that the gambling mecca of the East Coast, Atlantic
City, is nearby doesn't deter our red brothers from rolling the dice
with a new casino.

Bruce Remick

Jun 25, 2009, 8:19:10 PM6/25/09

"mazorj" <maz...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Nah, those computer-generated disaster scenes just fascinate me. Seeing NYC
filling with water, buildings crumbling, etc. I really have nothing against
NYC in particular, except during the hundred or so times I have had to drive
through it. I find it just as interesting to see the Golden Gate Bridge
collapse in a computer-generated "Big One". Clever artistry, that's all.

I hate to see our big US cities struggle fiscally, since their dilema
inevitably tends to bleed over onto those of us who don't live in the
cities.

Roger Hunt

Jun 25, 2009, 8:23:10 PM6/25/09
In article <ed35f27a-a1d7-4c4e...@l28g2000vba.googlegroup

s.com>, oly <oly...@aol.com> writes
>On Jun 25, 7:01�pm, Roger Hunt <nos...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> In article <h2123s$3b...@news.eternal-september.org>, Bob F.
>> <ad...@invalid.invalid> writes>"Roger Hunt" <nos...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote
>in message
>>
>> >I say give it back to the Indians. There isn't a casino near enough to
>> >me yet!
>>
>> I admire the Indians for using the White Man's toy to cheerfully
>> bleed him dry. � � � � �:-)
>
>I think that you're trying to point out that Casinos on the
>Reservation are the modern version of the old Indian "Scalping Party".

Yea - they collect these modern scalps that are paper with complex green
intaglio design marked on.
--
Roger Hunt

Bruce Remick

Jun 25, 2009, 8:24:01 PM6/25/09

"Bob F." <ad...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

I know. I've read all that here. My point was that it seems unusual for
someone to complain to eBay about the wording in a coin auction and get such
prompt attention from them.

Roger Hunt

Jun 25, 2009, 8:40:01 PM6/25/09
In article <h21464$gt4$1...@news.eternal-september.org>, Bob F.

<ad...@invalid.invalid> writes

>"Roger Hunt" <nos...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In article <h2123s$3bq$1...@news.eternal-september.org>, Bob F.
>> <ad...@invalid.invalid> writes
>>>"Roger Hunt" <nos...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>>I say give it back to the Indians. There isn't a casino near enough to
>>>me yet!
>>>
>> I admire the Indians for using the White Man's toy to cheerfully
>> bleed him dry. :-)
>
>The Indians are scalping their white brothers by catering to their
>vices.
>The tribes out here are selling tax-free cigarettes (illegally some say)
>and are threatening to open a casino out in the Hamptons.
>In nearby Connecticut there are 2 huge Indian casinos (Mohegan Sun &
>Foxwoods) and another Indian casino just opened up in Bethlehem PA.
>Apparently the fact that the gambling mecca of the East Coast, Atlantic
>City, is nearby doesn't deter our red brothers from rolling the dice
>with a new casino.

Oh dear.
As also in the UK, gambling is the last refuge of a failing culture.
--
Roger Hunt

PC

Jun 25, 2009, 8:45:55 PM6/25/09

> I know. I've read all that here. My point was that it seems unusual for
> someone to complain to eBay about the wording in a coin auction and get
> such prompt attention from them.

I have pointed out deliberate fraud and had my reports ignored.

eBay works in mysterious ways...

Jerry Dennis

Jun 25, 2009, 10:32:33 PM6/25/09
On Jun 25, 8:52�am, "PC" <P...@minneapolis.mn.us> wrote:
> "Jerry Dennis" <JDen1...@aol.com> wrote in message

> *snipped reasonable points*

> #3 - She shut down any and all attempts by other representatives
>
> Proof?

> <<
> (including some of her own party) NOT to vote on Obama's stimulus
> package last February since it would have taken weeks to read through
> over 1,100 pages of bureaucracy.
>

> I remember that far away time. �The stock market was REALLY REALLY low.
> There was a sense that the sky was falling. �I am sure there was no outside
> pressure to "get something done". �Clearly this was Nancy Pelosi abusing her
> power in order to ruin this country because that is what she is dedicated to
> doing.

> <<<
> She and the other extremes on the
> left forced the vote which
>

> "Forced"? �Nothing could have been done? �This is all about Nancy Pelosi's
> evil plot to destory America?
>

> , in turn, put this economy in worse shape than it would have been in had
> the government let it run its course.
>

> Yes the strategy of letting things run their course worked so well for
> Herbert Hoover, after all.
>

> This act of hers shows a mini-monarchy, she attempting to direct 435
> votes to go her way.
> <<<
>
> Methinks someone needs to stop listening to Rush Limbaugh/Sean Hannity.

PC, your points are taken, understood and appear to be well thought
out.. We still have our differences, but still no flame wars. For
that I thank you.

As for Rush and Sean, I don't listen or watch either of them. Even
though I've been called a "right-wing nut" (ask the wife), they're a
little too far to the right for me. As I said, I enjoy a lively
debate. It's when someone decides their right to be a rude a$$hole
overrides my right to my a$$hole opinion.

Jerry the Anal Orifice
(Trying to be as articulate as James)

Lumpy

Jun 25, 2009, 10:36:05 PM6/25/09
BrotherBart wrote:
> What happened to Butt Boy out in
> Mineral Wells? Did he jilt Frank and
> move uptown to Lake Worth?

He loves his damned old rodeo
As much as he loves me
Someday soon
Goin' with him, Someday soon

Lumpy

In Your Ears for 40 Something Years
www.LumpyMusic.com

Mr. Jaggers

Jun 25, 2009, 10:39:10 PM6/25/09
Jerry Dennis wrote:
[snippage]

> PC, your points are taken, understood and appear to be well thought
> out.. We still have our differences, but still no flame wars. For
> that I thank you.
>
> As for Rush and Sean, I don't listen or watch either of them.

Bless you, my son.

> Jerry the Anal Orifice
> (Trying to be as articulate as James)

Forty years ago I couldn't even spell eddjeekater, now I are one.

James the Oral Analyst

BrotherBart

Jun 26, 2009, 8:02:00 PM6/26/09

They took my saddle in Houston,
Broke my leg in Santa Fe.
Lost my wife and a girlfriend,
Somewhere along the way.
I'll be lookin' for eight
When they pull that gate
And I hope that judge ain't blind.
Amarillo By Mornin'
Amarillo's on my mind.

Don Lancaster

Jun 26, 2009, 9:40:49 PM6/26/09

No problem staying on a bull for eight seconds.
Then some damn fool opened the gate.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email: d...@tinaja.com

Bob F.

Jun 26, 2009, 9:53:08 PM6/26/09

"Don Lancaster" <d...@tinaja.com> wrote in message

> BrotherBart wrote:
>> Lumpy wrote:
>>>
>>> He loves his damned old rodeo
>>> As much as he loves me
>>> Someday soon
>>> Goin' with him, Someday soon
>>>

>>> Lumpy
>>>
>>> In Your Ears for 40 Something Years
>>> www.LumpyMusic.com
>>>

>> They took my saddle in Houston,
>> Broke my leg in Santa Fe.
>> Lost my wife and a girlfriend,
>> Somewhere along the way.
>> I'll be lookin' for eight
>> When they pull that gate
>> And I hope that judge ain't blind.
>> Amarillo By Mornin'
>> Amarillo's on my mind.
>>

> No problem staying on a bull for eight seconds.
> Then some damn fool opened the gate.

Francine got cornfused and rode UNDER the bull!

rjn

Jun 27, 2009, 6:47:55 PM6/27/09
"Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com> wrote:

> I find it perplexing that none of the numerous reports I have filed with
> eBay (not about any frankcoins listings, by the way) have been acted upon,
> in spite of the fact that I have demonstrated to the staff "in India" that
> the listings were clearly against the simple eBay rule concerning
> authenticity disclaimers in coin auction text.

Perhaps it's because of the other eBay policy, at:
<http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-coins.html>
which states:
"If you're unsure of the origin or authenticity of the coins or
paper money, please state this clearly in the description."

Yes, this is directly contradictory to:
<http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/authenticity-disclaimers.html>
which sez:
"Sellers may not disclaim knowledge of, or responsibility for,
the authenticity or legality of the items offered in their listings."

One might then reasonably expect schizophrenic handing of
schizophrenic Policies. It's been this way for years. There is
no way to report it to eBay in any fashion that results in results.

--
Regards, Bob Niland mailto:na...@ispname.tld

Lumpy

Jun 27, 2009, 7:06:01 PM6/27/09
rjn wrote:

> "If you're unsure of the origin or authenticity of the coins or
> paper money, please state this clearly in the description."

This coin is stamped "622BC". I'm not able to
verify the authenticity, but it looks legit to me.

Pogonip

Jun 27, 2009, 7:13:30 PM6/27/09

Well if it's dated, it's got to be right, doesn't it?
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com

Jim Higgins

Jun 27, 2009, 7:31:53 PM6/27/09
Pogonip wrote:
> Lumpy wrote:
>> rjn wrote:
>>
>>> "If you're unsure of the origin or authenticity of the coins or
>>> paper money, please state this clearly in the description."
>>
>> This coin is stamped "622BC". I'm not able to
>> verify the authenticity, but it looks legit to me.
>>

>> Lumpy
>>
>> In Your Ears for 40 Something Years
>> www.LumpyMusic.com
>>

> Well if it's dated, it's got to be right, doesn't it?

Except for the standard disclaimers listed below:

This product is meant for educational purposes only.Any resemblance to
real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental.Sell before date
stamped on carton.Do not purchase if seal has been tampered
with.Contents under pressure.Void where prohibited or taxed.Some
assembly required.List each check separately by bank number.Batteries
not included.Some settling of contents may occur during shipping.Use
only as directed.No other warranty expressed or implied.Do not use while
operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment.Postage will be paid by
addressee.Subject to CAB approval.This is not an offer to sell
securities.Apply only to affected area.May be too intense for some
viewers.Do not stamp.Use other side for additional listings.For
recreational use only.Do not disturb.All models over 18 years of age.If
condition persists, consult your physician.No user-serviceable parts
inside.Freshest if eaten before date on carton.Times
approximate.Simulated picture.No postage necessary if mailed in the
United States.Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement.For
off-road use only.As seen on TV.One size fits all.Many suitcases look
alike.Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients.Colors
may, in time, fade.We have sent the forms which seem to be right for
you.Slippery when wet.Parental guidance suggested.Do not bend, fold,
spindle, or mutilate.We reserve the right to refuse service to
anyone.Use unleaded fuel only.For office use only.Not affiliated with
the American Red Cross.Drop in any mailbox.Edited for television.Keep
cool; process promptly.For sale by prescription only.Post office will
not deliver without postage.Return to sender, no forwarding order on
file, unable to forward.Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental
or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to
perform.At participating locations only.Not the Beatles, just an
incredible simulation.Penalty for private use.See label for
sequence.Your mileage may vary.No part of this publication may be
reproduced in any form or by any means without the prior written
permission of the publisher.Substantial penalty for early withdrawal.Do
not write below this line.Lost ticket pays maximum rate.Your cancelled
check is your receipt.Place stamp here.Avoid contact with skin.Sanitized
for your protection.Be sure each item is properly endorsed.Sign here
without admitting guilt.Items sold separately.Slightly higher in
California.Employees and their families are not eligible.Contestants
have been briefed on some questions before the show.Limited time offer,
call now to insure prompt delivery.You must be present to win.No passes
accepted for this engagement.No purchase necessary.Processed at location
stamped in code at top of carton.No riders.Shading within a garment may
occur.Use only in well-ventilated area.Keep away from fire or
flame.Replace with same type.Approved for veterans.Any rebroadcast,
reproduction, or other use of the pictures and accounts of this game
without the express written consent of Major League Baseball is
prohibited.Booths for two or more.Check here if tax deductible.Some
equipment shown is optional.Don't try this at home.Dispose of
properly.No Canadian coins.Not recommended for children.Prerecorded for
this time zone.Reproduction strictly prohibited.Do not immerse.No
solicitors.No alcohol, dogs, or horses.Restaurant package, not for
resale.List at least two alternate dates.First pull up, then pull
down.Call toll free before digging.Driver does not carry cash.Some of
the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification
purposes only.Record additional transactions on back of previous stub.No
bills over $20 accepted.Price does not include taxes, title, destination
charges, or dealer prep.No pepper games.This is not a competition, it is
only an exhibition.No wagering.An equal opportunity employer.Published
simultaneously in Canada.List was current at time of printing.This
supersedes all previous notices.This information is subject to change
without notice.All rights reserved February 30.

--
Civis Romanus Sum

BrotherBart

Jun 27, 2009, 8:44:32 PM6/27/09

Mr. Jaggers

Jun 27, 2009, 8:25:34 PM6/27/09
rjn wrote:
> "Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com> wrote:
>
>> I find it perplexing that none of the numerous reports I have filed
>> with eBay (not about any frankcoins listings, by the way) have been
>> acted upon, in spite of the fact that I have demonstrated to the
>> staff "in India" that the listings were clearly against the simple
>> eBay rule concerning authenticity disclaimers in coin auction text.
>
> Perhaps it's because of the other eBay policy, at:
> <http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-coins.html>
> which states:
> "If you're unsure of the origin or authenticity of the coins or
> paper money, please state this clearly in the description."
>
> Yes, this is directly contradictory to:
> <http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/authenticity-disclaimers.html>
> which sez:
> "Sellers may not disclaim knowledge of, or responsibility for,
> the authenticity or legality of the items offered in their listings."
>
> One might then reasonably expect schizophrenic handing of
> schizophrenic Policies. It's been this way for years. There is
> no way to report it to eBay in any fashion that results in results.

Unfortunately, you are so correct. The auction I reported for authenticity
disclaimer one week ago ended earlier today with no bids, and nary an eBay
slap on the hands in sight.

James

BrotherBart

Jun 27, 2009, 11:04:47 PM6/27/09
Mr. Jaggers wrote:

> Unfortunately, you are so correct. The auction I reported for authenticity
> disclaimer one week ago ended earlier today with no bids, and nary an eBay
> slap on the hands in sight.

Being a coin peddler just has to really suck. There are just so many
better ways to make a living.

Used car salesman, Nigerian prince...

Bob F.

Jun 27, 2009, 10:10:04 PM6/27/09

"BrotherBart" <noth...@nomail.net> wrote in message

Spitoon cleaner...

Don Lancaster

Jun 28, 2009, 1:09:37 AM6/28/09

Obviously bogus.
Stamping was not invented till 619 BC.

Frank Provasek

Jun 28, 2009, 5:21:34 PM6/28/09
On Jun 21, 9:10 am, "Mike Hunt" <m...@hunt.invalid> wrote:

> Yes, why doesn't Frank Provasek give a BELIEVABLE explanation for his
> many suspensions?
> His wild fantasies about "vindictive" individuals and a vast conspiracy
> to destroy his business are both laughable and pathetic.
> His complaints can be tracked on Google Groups going back almost a
> decade.
> Every time something happens to Provasek, he finds a new straw dog to
> blame and threaten.
> Millions of people do business on eBay without problems yet Provasek has
> been repeatedly suspended and had his auctions cancelled.
> What does that tell you?

Getting a competitor's eBay auctions and account shut down is a well
known dirty trick.

It has even been discussed on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqQZM8uazDk

Bob F.

Jun 28, 2009, 5:42:33 PM6/28/09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqQZM8uazDk

So, Fwankie, now you are claiming it is your competitors who are getting
you suspended and having your auctions cancelled?
Couldn't have a thing to do with the fact that you consistently violated
eBay rules on listing certified coins, could it? Could it?
What happened to all the "vindictive individuals" you were blaming
before?

Frank Provasek

Jun 29, 2009, 12:45:21 AM6/29/09
On Jun 28, 4:42 pm, "Bob F." <ad...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> So, Fwankie, now you are claiming it is your competitors who are getting
> you suspended and having your auctions cancelled?
> Couldn't have a thing to do with the fact that you consistently violated
> eBay rules on listing certified coins, could it? Could it?
> What happened to all the "vindictive individuals" you were blaming
> before?

In most cases it IS competitors. In my case it's just assholes....

From: RF <fwdi...@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.collecting.coins
Subject: Re: US Mint follies
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 07:52:31 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 9, 6:42 am, Frank Provasek <fr...@frankcoins.com> wrote:

> Really pathetic. They are trying to bury the dead and restore
> essential
> services, and RF comes out with such a disgusting, profanity-ridden
> rant.

Don't you have some auctions to list on eBay that I can report?

It is loading more messages.