Lovely...

Keyser Soze

Feb 6, 2017, 7:12:24 AM2/6/17
...fuck you Trump ad from 84 Lumber, the whole ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPo2B-vjZ28

Tom Nofinger

Feb 6, 2017, 7:21:38 AM2/6/17
On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 6:12:24 AM UTC-6, Keyser Soze wrote:
> ...fuck you Trump ad from 84 Lumber, the whole ad.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPo2B-vjZ28

Weep louder Krause.

Someone may actually care.

Poco Deplorevole

Feb 6, 2017, 10:29:33 AM2/6/17
On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 07:12:21 -0500, Keyser Soze <no...@jose.com> wrote:

>...fuck you Trump ad from 84 Lumber, the whole ad.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPo2B-vjZ28

The symbology of a legal way to enter the country (the door in the fence) is impressive. Hope
everyone understands it. Including you.

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 6, 2017, 11:47:01 AM2/6/17
On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 07:12:21 -0500, Keyser Soze <no...@jose.com> wrote:

>...fuck you Trump ad from 84 Lumber, the whole ad.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPo2B-vjZ28

I suppose the union organizer in you would be offended that 84 is
simply trying to import more low wage workers. ;-)
Most builders around here would rather have a Mexican crew than a
bunch of snowflake anglos, even for the same price. They work harder,
they are not bothered by the heat and they show up every day.

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 6, 2017, 12:43:28 PM2/6/17
I also picked up the symbology that this was a single mother with
apparently limited skills. I guess we do need more housekeepers tho.
White girls don't want that job ... unless you are in Northern
Michigan, Vermont or some other far north (AKA all white) place. That
is just about the only place I have seen an anglo hotel maid in
thousands of miles of traveling in the US.

Keyser Soze

Feb 6, 2017, 12:47:16 PM2/6/17
I've encountered "white" hotel maids at resort hotels and business
hotels in San Diego, Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, Boston, and Chicago.

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 6, 2017, 1:50:07 PM2/6/17
Recently?
Granted I do my best to stay out of big cities but virtually all of
the maids I see are "of color". One of the problems Trump had was with
the latina maids at his castle in Palm Beach.
In DC they were all black (at the Capitol Hill Marriott). Out west
they seem to all be Latina.

waynebatr...@hotmail.com

Feb 6, 2017, 2:03:33 PM2/6/17
On Mon, 06 Feb 2017 13:49:44 -0500, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

>Out west
>they seem to all be Latina.

===

Mostly true in Miami/Ft Lauderdale also.

Keyser Soze

Feb 6, 2017, 2:44:47 PM2/6/17
Florida and California, in the last year. Boston and Chicago in the last
four years. I go to breakfast meetings at least once a month in DC,
usually at a big hotel, and sometimes I see maids and other cleaning and
maintenance personnel, and they are a mixed bag.

Bill

Feb 6, 2017, 3:31:08 PM2/6/17
I live here in California and the majority of the maids are Latina. You
see a Caucasian sometimes, but not even a significant minority.

waynebatr...@hotmail.com

Feb 6, 2017, 3:50:03 PM2/6/17
On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 14:31:22 -0500 (EST), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:

>waynebatr...@hotmail.com Wrote in message:
>It's weird here. All the short folks are in construction and the
> anglos cut the grass.

===

At least the grass cutters get a break once in a while, not so much
for the construction guys. I'm always amazed at how they can spend an
entire afternoon up on a roof in the sun and heat.

Keyser Soze

Feb 6, 2017, 5:29:08 PM2/6/17
On 2/6/17 1:15 PM, justan wrote:
> Poco Deplorevole <salmo...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> It's obvious that crawling through
> the tunnels like rats isn' t
> the right way to enter the US.

You worry too much. Mohamed the neurologist isn't coming here to take
the sorts of jobs you might have gotten with your high school diploma.

Bill

Feb 6, 2017, 5:52:46 PM2/6/17
No, the India engineer with a masters is taking a job for $80k a year. No
wonder American kids are not taking STEM classes. Not enough salary to pay
back the student loans. How many unemployed American engineers who used to
make $120k+ a year got replaced by a H1 visa holder for 2/3rds cost?

Keyser Soze

Feb 6, 2017, 5:57:22 PM2/6/17
The engineer from India also isn't taking the sort of jobs FlaJim might
have gotten with his high school diploma.

Keyser Soze

Feb 6, 2017, 5:58:15 PM2/6/17
On 2/6/17 5:52 PM, justan wrote:
> Keyser Soze <no...@jose.com> Wrote in message:
> The mohamed I worry about has a bomb strapped to his chest. The
> carlos I worry about has swallowed several condums full of
> drugs.

Is Carlos cutting into your business?

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 6, 2017, 7:06:50 PM2/6/17
I don't see the landscapers resting much either but I guess they can
relax in the truck. On my corner and down the street, there are 9
customers right there together for one company so they scramble from
yard to yard all day long. It is almost a factory operation with each
guy having one or 2 things he does. In the summer I cut my grass and
the community lot on the same day, in solidarity ;-)

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 6, 2017, 7:52:30 PM2/6/17
A few years ago 60 minutes did a show about people they are bring in
on H1Bsfor far more mundane jobs out there in silicon valley,
replacing $60-70k customer service folks with $30k Indians.

Alex

Feb 6, 2017, 8:27:33 PM2/6/17
Sure you do. Narcissist Anonymous?

Bill

Feb 6, 2017, 11:36:39 PM2/6/17
Nope, the other immigrant is taking all the middle income and lower labor
jobs. Lots of those immigrants did not get a visa.

Poco Deplorevole

Feb 7, 2017, 7:48:22 AM2/7/17
How f'in'g stupid is that question?

"The negative consequences of drug abuse affect not only individuals who abuse drugs but also their
families and friends, various businesses, and government resources. Although many of these effects
cannot be quantified, ONDCP recently reported that in 2002, the economic cost of drug abuse to the
United States was $180.9 billion."

***That's ten times the cost of the wall you piss and moan about.***

The most obvious effects of drug abuse--which are manifested in the individuals who abuse
drugs--include ill health, sickness and, ultimately, death. Particularly devastating to an abuser's
health is the contraction of needle borne illnesses including hepatitis and HIV/AIDS through
injection drug use. NSDUH data indicate that in 2004 over 3.5 million individuals aged 18 and older
admitted to having injected an illicit drug during their lifetime. Of these individuals, 14 percent
(498,000) were under the age of 25. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that
123,235 adults living with AIDS in the United States in 2003 contracted the disease from injection
drug use, and the survival rate for those persons is less than that for persons who contract AIDS
from any other mode of transmission. CDC further reports that more than 25,000 people died in 2003
from drug-induced effects.

****I'm absolutely surprised the LGBTQetc aren't up in arms demanding the damn wall.***

Here, read it again: "Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that 123,235 adults
living with AIDS in the United States in 2003 contracted the disease from injection drug use."

Keyser Soze

Feb 7, 2017, 9:49:45 AM2/7/17
> You really aren't the brightest candle in the menorah.

Buffalo Bob left you a message: there's an empty seat in the Peanut
Gallery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnUGAe0yqz4

Poco Deplorevole

Feb 7, 2017, 1:01:16 PM2/7/17
I see the message I sent you was a bit too much for you, eh?

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 7, 2017, 1:02:32 PM2/7/17
On Tue, 07 Feb 2017 07:48:21 -0500, Poco Deplorevole
<salmo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>How f'in'g stupid is that question?
>
>"The negative consequences of drug abuse affect not only individuals who abuse drugs but also their
>families and friends, various businesses, and government resources. Although many of these effects
>cannot be quantified, ONDCP recently reported that in 2002, the economic cost of drug abuse to the
>United States was $180.9 billion."

The thing they don't say is the most widely abused drugs come from a
pharmacy, not a street pusher. Then you have the crank that is made
right here in the good old USA. The wall will have an insignificant
effect on imported drugs anyway. Most come in through the gate,
smuggled in legal cargo or the mexicans tunnel under the wall. That
was "Chappo's" specialty.

Poco Deplorevole

Feb 7, 2017, 1:15:10 PM2/7/17
The point was the stupidity of Harry's question.

"They" say a whole lot more that I didn't quote:

https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs11/18862/impact.htm

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 7, 2017, 1:52:35 PM2/7/17
On Tue, 07 Feb 2017 13:15:09 -0500, Poco Deplorevole
Read this in the context of who wrote it.
DoJ is in the business of fighting illegal drugs and they ignore the
fact that prescription opioids are a bigger problem than smack and
there are more "speed freaks" abusing adderol, ritalin and the other
"ADD" drugs than crank.
Their budget does not increase that much chasing "Dr Feelgood" and you
measure your success in government by the size of your budget.

Poco Deplorevole

Feb 7, 2017, 2:31:01 PM2/7/17
Here's what we're facing at home:

The problem

Fairfax County has not been spared from the growing heroin and opioid addiction crisis affecting
the nation.
The Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board (CSB) reported a 16% increase in the number of
individuals served with a history of heroin use from FY 2014 to FY 2015 (7% increase from FY 2015 to
FY 2016).
Through the first half of 2016, the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department assisted 40
patients with suspected heroin or opiate overdoses.
There were 18 deaths from heroin overdoses in Fairfax County in 2015.

Bill

Feb 7, 2017, 2:52:08 PM2/7/17
Just free up most drugs. Burial is cheaper than most problems drugs cause.

Poco Deplorevole

Feb 7, 2017, 3:17:37 PM2/7/17
True, but a lot of money is wasted trying to prevent the burials!

Bill

Feb 7, 2017, 4:23:41 PM2/7/17
Stop trying to prevent the burials. Is a free country. Want to kill
yourself? Go for it.

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 7, 2017, 4:39:25 PM2/7/17
On Tue, 07 Feb 2017 14:31:01 -0500, Poco Deplorevole
It sounds like they are commingling heroin with the Dr Feelgood drugs
but it is logical I guess, since it is the same drug, just a different
source. Smack is smack whether you get it from Mexico or the CVS.
These days most heroin abusers seem to have started with oxy <sumpin>
but it just got too expensive for them when their drug plan wouldn't
cover it.

Keyser Soze

Feb 7, 2017, 5:03:25 PM2/7/17
A good number of addicts got that way because they were injured on the
job or just worn out by the job and got hooked on Rx pain relievers and
then "dropped" by workers' comp before they could get back on their
feet. We tend to discard people with these sorts of problems and when
they can't get good help within the system, they turn to the illicit
ways to get pain-killing drugs.

Poco Deplorevole

Feb 7, 2017, 5:09:13 PM2/7/17
I suppose that's the FPL union answer to the problem. Doesn't account for all the teenagers though.

Keyser Soze

Feb 7, 2017, 5:30:31 PM2/7/17
What's the matter with you, Herring? You seem to be without empathy or
compassion. The addiction problem for injured or just plain worn out
workers is as I described. They get hurt, they don't get the quality or
length of treatment they need, they get hooked on painkillers to just
get through the day, and in many cases, they never regain the strength
to go back to their jobs, and some of them, when they can no longer get
painkillers under the direction of a decent doctor end up on street drugs.

Compare that with the experience of my Norwegian buddy who was seriously
injured about 25 years ago on an offshore oil rig, was in the hospital
for a month and then in rehab for a year drawing his pay and when it was
determined he just couldn't work on a rig again, was retrained and
educated as a teacher and while undergoing that education, received a
stipend from the government to help his family survive economically. He
just retired as a teacher with a decent pension. What's the point?
Norway doesn't discard its people. Here, we venerate corporations.

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 7, 2017, 7:14:04 PM2/7/17
Watching these people up close, I would say it was the drugs that kept
them from "getting back on their feet" more than something worker's
comp failed them on. Pain killers are over prescribed and doctors do
not build withdrawal into those drug regimens.
This is an epidemic in the construction industry and I know lots of
guys who have become addicted from an injury with not much help from
the doctors in kicking it. Most finally go through a cold turkey
withdrawal or they just disappear into the crowd of the homeless.
I will not touch them myself in spite of being offered plenty of
prescriptions. I think they just delay your recovery.

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 7, 2017, 7:15:32 PM2/7/17
On Tue, 07 Feb 2017 17:09:14 -0500, Poco Deplorevole
<salmo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Doesn't account for all the teenagers though.

I bet most teenagers get started by taking pills someone found in the
medicine cabinet.

Bill

Feb 7, 2017, 7:19:19 PM2/7/17
When did workman comp pay for burned out workers?

Poco Deplorevole

Feb 7, 2017, 8:05:04 PM2/7/17
Like I say, that may account for a few, but it doesn't address the bigger issue at all.

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 7, 2017, 11:54:08 PM2/7/17
On Wed, 8 Feb 2017 00:17:31 -0000 (UTC), Bill
<califbill9...@gmail.com> wrote:

>When did workman comp pay for burned out workers?

Once they spiral down into addiction they get SSI.