The Saga of #6...

瀏覽次數:36 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Keyser Soze

未讀,
2019年12月28日 上午9:38:512019/12/28
收件者:
Picked up my new CZ 75 SP-01 Friday from the LGS and, while I haven't
shot it yet, I was still impressed with CZ's attention to detail and fit
and finish.Took it apart to clean and lube it. For an out of the box
all-steel production gun that sells for $550 to $650 or so, it's a nice
piece of work. No burrs, no rough edges, everything seems to fit
smoother. Slide is stiff, stiff, stiff.

It's DA/SA with a decocker. Brand new, the DA trigger pull averages 9.5
pounds and the SA averages 3.75 pounds. A little too much take-up for my
taste. After I shoot a few hundred rounds, I'll decide whether to polish
some of the internals and maybe replace a few parts to get the DA pull
down to about 6+ pounds and the SA to about 2.5 pounds, with less take-up.

This is my first experience with a decocker pistol. When you decock, the
hammer doesn't fall all the way down. This is normal for the CZ, but I
don't know what other decocker pistols do. Decocked, the pistol seems to
revert to DA mode. This probably is appropriate for a police sidearm,
where you want a round chambered but don't want the light SA pull.

This is still firearm #6, because I traded in my Walther PPQ for it.

Here's a vid of Eric Blandford and buddy playing with the exact model,
though my is a bit more brownish in finish than grayish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wJkyLeLlU4

Keyser Soze

未讀,
2019年12月28日 上午10:34:232019/12/28
收件者:
"mine," not "my." I reely kneed to where my glazzes.

Justan Ohlphart

未讀,
2019年12月28日 上午10:35:262019/12/28
收件者:
Keyser Soze <no...@jose.com> Wrote in message:
> Picked up my new CZ 75 SP-01 Friday from the LGS and, while I haven't shot it yet, I was still impressed with CZ's attention to detail and fit and finish.Took it apart to clean and lube it. For an out of the box all-steel production gun that sells for $550 to $650 or so, it's a nice piece of work. No burrs, no rough edges, everything seems to fit smoother. Slide is stiff, stiff, stiff.It's DA/SA with a decocker. Brand new, the DA trigger pull averages 9.5 pounds and the SA averages 3.75 pounds. A little too much take-up for my taste. After I shoot a few hundred rounds, I'll decide whether to polish some of the internals and maybe replace a few parts to get the DA pull down to about 6+ pounds and the SA to about 2.5 pounds, with less take-up.This is my first experience with a decocker pistol. When you decock, the hammer doesn't fall all the way down. This is normal for the CZ, but I don't know what other decocker pistols do. Decocked, the pistol seems to revert to DA mode. This probably is appropriate for a police sidearm, where you want a round chambered but don't want the light SA pull.This is still firearm #6, because I traded in my Walther PPQ for it.Here's a vid of Eric Blandford and buddy playing with the exact model, though my is a bit more brownish in finish than grayish.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wJkyLeLlU4

The DA trigger pull is stiff for a reason, dummy.
--
.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Keyser Soze

未讀,
2019年12月28日 上午11:18:352019/12/28
收件者:
I don't believe I stated the trigger pull in DA was stiff. I said what
the pull was and that I thought there was a little too much take-up for
my taste. The trigger is not stiff...it is smooth, but my preference is
for it to be a lighter pull.

The *slide* is stiff, though.

gfre...@aol.com

未讀,
2019年12月28日 中午12:28:592019/12/28
收件者:
On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 09:38:49 -0500, Keyser Soze <no...@jose.com>
wrote:
DA/SAs do seem to have a lot of take up in SA but I think that is just
the nature of the beast. It took me a while to get used to it, coming
from SA guns like the 1911, Woodsman and my Beretta. If you shoot it
you will get over it pretty fast. If you are planning on this being a
defense gun and not a plinker, I would say you should drill double
taps with it decocked for the first round. Start in "retention" extend
and fire 2 rounds, return to retention and assess. Fire at different
angles to the target. That will get you used to the two trigger pulls.

I wouldn't worry about the slide until after you have a few hundred
rounds down range. For accuracy, tight is better than loose. It should
"shoot in".

Keyser Soze

未讀,
2019年12月28日 下午1:23:002019/12/28
收件者:
Tighter than I remember a 16-year-old virgin to be! Removal of the slide
stop lever is a real bitch. This pistol is a lot tighter than the CZ 75
I owned years ago. I'm going to leave the slide locked back for a day to
see what that does... :)

gfre...@aol.com

未讀,
2019年12月28日 下午1:58:572019/12/28
收件者:
On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 13:22:56 -0500, Keyser Soze <no...@jose.com>
I think taking a hundred rounds or so out to the range, or out in the
woods might do miracles. New guns are like new shoes. You don't know
what you have until you break them in.
You don't even need premium ammo for that. Any old cheap brass should
do the trick. Just blaze away and then put your good ammo in and see
what you have.

gfre...@aol.com

未讀,
2019年12月28日 下午2:05:032019/12/28
收件者:
On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 13:22:56 -0500, Keyser Soze <no...@jose.com>
Is this it?
If so there is some Gee Whiz info in the article.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2012/11/28/cz-p-01/

Justan Ohlphart

未讀,
2019年12月28日 下午3:18:222019/12/28
收件者:
Keyser Soze <no...@jose.com> Wrote in message:
> On 12/28/19 10:35 AM, Justan Ohlphart wrote:> Keyser Soze <no...@jose.com> Wrote in message:>> Picked up my new CZ 75 SP-01 Friday from the LGS and, while I haven't shot it yet, I was still impressed with CZ's attention to detail and fit and finish.Took it apart to clean and lube it. For an out of the box all-steel production gun that sells for $550 to $650 or so, it's a nice piece of work. No burrs, no rough edges, everything seems to fit smoother. Slide is stiff, stiff, stiff.It's DA/SA with a decocker. Brand new, the DA trigger pull averages 9.5 pounds and the SA averages 3.75 pounds. A little too much take-up for my taste. After I shoot a few hundred rounds, I'll decide whether to polish some of the internals and maybe replace a few parts to get the DA pull down to about 6+ pounds and the SA to about 2.5 pounds, with less take-up.This is my first experience with a decocker pistol. When you decock, the hammer doesn't fall all the way down. This is normal for the CZ, but I don't know what other decocker pistols do. Decocked, the pistol seems to revert to DA mode. This probably is appropriate for a police sidearm, where you want a round chambered but don't want the light SA pull.This is still firearm #6, because I traded in my Walther PPQ for it.Here's a vid of Eric Blandford and buddy playing with the exact model, though my is a bit more brownish in finish than grayish.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wJkyLeLlU4> > The DA trigger pull is stiff for a reason, dummy.I don't believe I stated the trigger pull in DA was stiff. I said what the pull was and that I thought there was a little too much take-up for my taste. The trigger is not stiff...it is smooth, but my preference is for it to be a lighter pull.The *slide* is stiff, though.

Ahhh! It's not stiff, but for your prefference it should be even
less stiff. Why don't you have it reworked like you did with the
last CZ you owned and made a mess of?

Keyser Soze

未讀,
2019年12月28日 下午3:55:582019/12/28
收件者:
Well, it is in the same family, but the P-01 is aluminum, not steel,
much shorter barrel, and, of course, lighter.

Keyser Soze

未讀,
2019年12月28日 下午3:59:252019/12/28
收件者:
Once again, the trigger pull is *not* stiff. And you didn't read
carefully, because I stated: "After I shoot a few hundred rounds, I'll
decide whether to polish some of the internals and maybe replace a few
parts to get the DA pull down to about 6+ pounds and the SA to about 2.5
pounds, with less take-up."

My last CZ pistol was hardly a mess.

John H.

未讀,
2019年12月28日 下午4:57:512019/12/28
收件者:
Get yourself a Sig P226 and be happy;

Wayne.B

未讀,
2019年12月28日 晚上8:25:252019/12/28
收件者:
On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 15:59:21 -0500, Keyser Soze <no...@jose.com>
wrote:

>> Ahhh! It's not stiff, but for your prefference it should be even
>> less stiff. Why don't you have it reworked like you did with the
>> last CZ you owned and made a mess of?
>>

>Once again, the trigger pull is *not* stiff. And you didn't read
>carefully, because I stated: "After I shoot a few hundred rounds, I'll
>decide whether to polish some of the internals and maybe replace a few
>parts to get the DA pull down to about 6+ pounds and the SA to about 2.5
>pounds, with less take-up."
>
>My last CZ pistol was hardly a mess.

===

Very few people get rid of guns that are shooting well, and it seems
unlikely that you needed the money.

Justan Ohlphart

未讀,
2019年12月28日 晚上9:24:082019/12/28
收件者:
Wayne.B <waynebatr...@hotmail.com> Wrote in message:
> On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 15:59:21 -0500, Keyser Soze <no...@jose.com>wrote:>> Ahhh! It's not stiff, but for your prefference it should be even>> less stiff. Why don't you have it reworked like you did with the>> last CZ you owned and made a mess of?>> >>Once again, the trigger pull is *not* stiff. And you didn't read >carefully, because I stated: "After I shoot a few hundred rounds, I'll >decide whether to polish some of the internals and maybe replace a few >parts to get the DA pull down to about 6+ pounds and the SA to about 2.5 >pounds, with less take-up.">>My last CZ pistol was hardly a mess.===Very few people get rid of guns that are shooting well, and it seemsunlikely that you needed the money.

Well, he aint rich. He's still working off legal fees he owes a
relative for solving his solvency dilema.

Wayne.B

未讀,
2019年12月28日 晚上10:50:222019/12/28
收件者:
On 29 Dec 2019 02:49:22 GMT, Keyser Soze <no...@jose.com> wrote:
>1. Correct
>2. Correct
>
>I posted the reason years ago.

===

I think some of us doubt that you ever actually owned it.

Alex

未讀,
2019年12月29日 凌晨12:14:352019/12/29
收件者:
My Beretta and S&W decockers work the same way but when you pull them
back that fall forward.

Alex

未讀,
2019年12月29日 凌晨12:17:172019/12/29
收件者:
Like the trawler and the Ducati and...

Wayne.B

未讀,
2019年12月29日 凌晨12:54:252019/12/29
收件者:
===

...the Hatteras sportfish and...

John H.

未讀,
2019年12月29日 上午8:12:032019/12/29
收件者:
And he's a few decades behind in his child support.

John H.

未讀,
2019年12月29日 上午8:16:372019/12/29
收件者:
...some of his other boats:

Swan 41' racing/cruising sloop
Morgan 33
O'Day 30
Cruisers, Inc., Mackinac 22
Century Coronado
Bill Luders 16, as sweet a sailboat as ever caught a breeze.
Century 19' wood lapstrake with side wheel steering
Cruisers, Inc. 18' and 16' wood lapstrakes
Wolverines. Molded plywood. Gorgeous. Several. 14,15,17
footers with various Evinrudes
Lighting class sailboat
Botved Coronet with twin 50 hp Evinrudes. Interesting boat.
Aristocraft (a piece of junk...13', fast, held together with spit)
Alcort Sunfish
Ancarrow Marine Aquiflyer. 22' footer with two Caddy Crusaders.
Guaranteed 60 mph. In the late 1950's.
Skimmar brand skiff
Arkansas Traveler fiberglass bowrider (I think it was a bowrider)
Dyer Dhow
Su-Mark round bilge runabout, fiberglass
Penn Yan runabouts. Wood.
Old Town wood and canvas canoe
Old Town sailing canoe...different than above canoe

...and the list goes on....

Keyser Soze

未讀,
2019年12月29日 上午11:58:152019/12/29
收件者:
Actually, I've owned five 9 mm pistols.

The first was a Glock 34, a "longslide" version of the Glock 17. Decent
shooter but I was new to the semi-auto pistol game and its lack of a
non-trigger safety or decocker gave me the willies. So, I traded it for
a SIG P226 X-5, the most expensive pistol I've ever owned. It was a good
shooter but for me not as good as the CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Target I bought
from the CZ Custom Shop. (I had "tried" a CZ at a local indoor range.)
The sale of the SIG to a competitive shooter in Virginia more than paid
for that first CZ. I lost interest in competitive shooting about a year
later, and sold that CZ, the only such pistol sale I regret. If memory
serves, I sold my supply of 9mm plinking ammo to the infamous GFRETWELL. :)

My home defense sidearm after that was a .357 Mag S&W 686. Lovely
revolver in every way. But that same Fretwell fella reminded me that if
I had to use that S&W in the house for defense, everyone close by would
lose a percentage of their hearing. Good advice that hadn't really
occurred to me.

So, I got the Walther about a year ago to use with a suppressor. Shot it
a lot and I really liked the trigger, but I simply could not get used to
the feel, the handling, of a poly pistol. My LGS offered me a good trade
for the Walther* and a good price on a new CZ, so...I picked up the CZ
earlier this week. It's a fine shooter and is very quiet with my 9mm
suppressor. And if I get into a gunfight and run out of ammo, I can grab
it by the barrel and use it as a cosh...it's nearly three pounds of steel.

Have a happy and healthy new year, wayne.

* Bet my LGS owner he'd resell the Walther in less than a week...it was
gone in two days. :)

gfre...@aol.com

未讀,
2019年12月29日 下午5:01:062019/12/29
收件者:
On Sun, 29 Dec 2019 11:58:11 -0500, Keyser Soze <no...@jose.com>
wrote:

>The first was a Glock 34, a "longslide" version of the Glock 17. Decent
>shooter but I was new to the semi-auto pistol game and its lack of a
>non-trigger safety or decocker gave me the willies

As I said before, a decocker has no function on a DAO pistol,
particularly if it is striker fired since there is no way to cock it
unless you go through the DA trigger action. The safety is about as
useful as it would be on a revolver. It is just that 1911 condition 1
thinking that makes you want a safety.

John H.

未讀,
2019年12月29日 下午6:18:142019/12/29
收件者:
On Sun, 29 Dec 2019 11:58:11 -0500, Keyser Soze <no...@jose.com> wrote:

>On 12/28/19 10:50 PM, Wayne.B wrote:

>>> 1. Correct
>>> 2. Correct
>>>
>>> I posted the reason years ago.
>>
>> ===
>>
>> I think some of us doubt that you ever actually owned it.
>>

>Actually, I've owned five 9 mm pistols.

Along with about 40 boats, eh Mr. Sleaze?

bullshit snipped

未讀,
2020年1月5日 上午9:39:502020/1/5
收件者:
In article <h6s494...@mid.individual.net>, no...@jose.com says...
Is that you "moose&squirrel"?

You just picked up your new CZ 75 from GymRatz didn't you?

GymRatz just sold a 9MM Walther.

未讀,
2020年1月5日 上午9:53:472020/1/5
收件者:
In article <MPG.387927ab9...@news.giganews.com>,
nob...@nowhere.com says...

> Is that you "moose&squirrel"?
>
> You just picked up your new CZ 75 from GymRatz didn't you?
>
> GymRatz just sold a 9MM Walther.

I see you have tried to clean up things in the other place,
moose&squirrel. The problem is that you posted the same picture in both
places, here and there, using a picture hosting site. Too bad that you
can't edit a reply on the other site. The URL here and there are one in
the same.

Harry Krause the multiple times adjudged teax cheat and at least twice
banned for life participant in gun shooting forum.

John H.

未讀,
2020年1月5日 上午10:08:412020/1/5
收件者:
His anti-Trump shit is showing there already. He won't last long. I suppose his 'handle' is to
impress folks with his hunting prowess.

waynebatr...@hotmail.com

未讀,
2020年1月5日 下午1:13:212020/1/5
收件者:
On Sun, 05 Jan 2020 10:08:40 -0500, John H. <salmo...@gmail.com>
wrote:
===

Moose and Squirrel is a reference from the old Rocky and Bullwinkle
cartoon show. 'Airree probably had the hots for Natasha. :-)

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieOGZtGUjRQ>

Tim

未讀,
2020年1月5日 下午1:48:462020/1/5
收件者:

12:13 PMwaynebatr...@hotmail.com
On Sun, 05 Jan 2020 10:08:40 -0500, John H. <salmo...@gmail.com>
wrote:
===

Moose and Squirrel is a reference from the old Rocky and Bullwinkle
cartoon show. 'Airree probably had the hots for Natasha. :-)

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieOGZtGUjRQ>
.’——-

Natasha, is that an older version of Rachael? Nah, Rachael wears pant suits...
0 則新訊息