258 просмотров

BPElkon

не прочитано,
27 мая 1997 г., 03:00:0027.05.1997

Date: Wednesday, May 21, 1997 1:47:59 AM
From: joe...@MINDSPRING.COM (Joe Watterson)
Subj: Humor, Water can kill you. The Journal of
To: SF...@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU

Hello, list --

This is pretty long. I apologize for that, but it's pretty funny too. I
got it on a list for shrinks. Hope you don't mind!

Peter Elkon

> [...]
> training program is taken. Additionally, only those who qualify
> for a Liquid Permit from their local fire departments may be
> allowed to obtain containers capable of holding more than one
> gallon of water.
> 3. Water use must also be controlled at the consumption level. The
> Food and Drug Administration could place water on its list of
> controlled substances, such that prescriptions from licensed
> physicians will hence forth be required to purchase water. The FBI
> and federal Drug Enforcement Administration should be empowered to
> investigate violators and illicit traffickers of water. Local
> police must be given the power to enter, without warrants,
> buildings where there is reasonable cause to suspect illegal
> showering activity, water sports or stockpiling of water. Reward
> systems could be implemented to encourage neighbors and family
> members to report violations on each other.
> 4. Legislation must be passed at the state or local level to require
> the placement of flow-control devices on faucets and showerheads
> to approved levels (preferably not more than 16 fluid ounces per
> day), and to require airplane style commodes (which do not allow
> access to flushing water) in all new housing and public restrooms
> built beginning January 1, 1996.
> 5. Although we doubt that public educational efforts are effective in
> combating water abuse, nevertheless they may do some good. To this
> end, we urge the President to declare a "War on Water" and
> establish a National Commission on Water Abuse to coordinate media
> advertising campaigns, school-based water awareness programs and
> ongoing research into the dangers and effects of water abuse.
> Nancy Reagan and NBC could be recruited to pitch in their efforts
> to fight water abuse among children and teenagers. We also propose
> legislation to put warning labels on distilled-water bottles, with
> language indicating that the Surgeon General has determined water
> is dangerous to your health.
>
> Think again. Can you tolerate the grim sight of your child falling
> easy prey to this fatal drug? Measures such as these are necessary to
> avoid sordid tales like the following one from "Wayne," a 19-year-old
> water addict:
>
> "I think I had my first taste at about the age of six months. That's
> what my daddy used to tell me. By the time I was 7 years old, I was
> guzzling about three pints a day of the stuff. Pushers would set up
> stands by the schoolyard at recess and offer us cans filled with
> sugared water. Then I wake up one morning after Iying unconscious for
> eight hours and realized what was happening to me. Drink and urinate,
> that's all my life had become. Even now all I can think of is a tall
> glass of ice water trickling down my throat. God, I'm so ashamed!"
>
> The views expressed in The Journal of Irreproducible Results are the
> authors' own, and may not necessarily reflect the views of Reuters

George R. Rickard

не прочитано,
30 мая 1997 г., 03:00:0030.05.1997

>>Source: The Journal of Irreproducible Results
>>
>> Water Can Kill You
>> Dale Lowdermilk
>> Montecito, CA

>> Water is one of the most hazardous substances known to man.

I also heard that oxygen is addicting as well...I guess now we have to
find out who's making the stuff and contact their lawyers. Since I
have heard this I have been breathing a bit more shallow than before,
but have been unsuccessful at quitting.....hmmmmm....maybe someone
should make a patch for this...... ;-)
Rain-man

Ken Panton

rick...@ssdch-usassdc.army.mil (George R. Rickard) writes:

> [...]

Another unfortunate epidemic:

Life is a terminal illness!

but,

Death is worth waiting for!

.. back to the river...

Mark Hei

не прочитано,
1 июн. 1997 г., 03:00:0001.06.1997

George R. Rickard wrote:

> >>Source: The Journal of Irreproducible Results
> >>
> >> Water Can Kill You
> >> Dale Lowdermilk
> >> Montecito, CA
>
> >> Water is one of the most hazardous substances known to man.
>
> I also heard that oxygen is addicting as well...I guess now we have

why don't we get Tim I. to market sponsons as an oxygen suppliment
bag for those really big holes?

George R. Rickard

не прочитано,
5 июн. 1997 г., 03:00:0005.06.1997

Mark Hei <mar...@erols.com> wrote:

>why don't we get Tim I. to market sponsons as an oxygen suppliment
>bag for those really big holes?

I thougt Tim WAS a really big hole!

0 новых сообщений