Plastic bottle cage

James

Aug 3, 2015, 11:29:45 PM8/3/15

Andre Jute

Aug 4, 2015, 4:57:11 AM8/4/15
On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 4:29:45 AM UTC+1, James wrote:
> https://youtu.be/_DKHC2dd_eQ
>
> --
> JS

You're right, plastic can be wonderful. For years I had a carbon fibre bottle cage on my otherwise definitely unweightweenie bike, as the single ironic comment I pemitted myself. Eventually I removed it because the designer shaved an extra gramme by making it too small to retain any but oversized bottles that put tension on it. Those you show are of a fundamentally better design.

Andre Jute
Ride and learn

avag...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2015, 7:30:04 AM8/4/15
On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 11:29:45 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
> https://youtu.be/_DKHC2dd_eQ
>
> --
> JS

yeah but the ones they sell here are made from cheaper vinyl ester

Gregory Sutter

Aug 5, 2015, 10:09:38 PM8/5/15
On 2015-08-04, James <james.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://youtu.be/_DKHC2dd_eQ

I have had a pair of those Cateye plastic cages for 15 years and
still rolling. They don't rattle; they don't drop bottles; they
don't break. Also they're $6 and weigh 30g. A total win.

http://www.cateye.com/en/products/detail/BC-100/

http://www.amazon.com/Unknown-5510018-CatEye-Bottle-Cage/dp/B001C69Z5W/

--
Gregory S. Sutter Mostly Harmless
mailto:gsu...@zer0.org

James

Aug 5, 2015, 11:19:47 PM8/5/15
On 06/08/15 12:09, Gregory Sutter wrote:
> On 2015-08-04, James <james.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://youtu.be/_DKHC2dd_eQ
>
> I have had a pair of those Cateye plastic cages for 15 years and
> still rolling. They don't rattle; they don't drop bottles; they
> don't break. Also they're $6 and weigh 30g. A total win.
>
> http://www.cateye.com/en/products/detail/BC-100/
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Unknown-5510018-CatEye-Bottle-Cage/dp/B001C69Z5W/

But I'm sure Joerg would worry about a sharp edge that will cut his leg
when he inevitably crashes, and the smell of fresh blood will draw in
the mountain lions before a speeding motorcycle rider crashes into him
because his metal light bracket got bent in the fall but he couldn't
bend it back with his fingers.... or something.

;-)

--
JS

Sir Ridesalot