Elegant, invisible bicycle helmet

Andre Jute

Feb 13, 2015, 8:26:06 PM2/13/15
I wonder how this one sells.
http://www.hovding.com

It's a bike helmet airbag that you wear around your neck, leaving you bareheaded until the sensors discover you're about to have an accident, then the helmet blows up in a fraction of a second and reaches over your head. Your hairstyle is disturbed only in the direst emergency.

How it works:
http://www.hovding.com/how_hovding_works

Andre Jute

avag...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2015, 9:17:25 PM2/13/15
buy one and review it

Ralph Barone

Feb 14, 2015, 1:39:43 PM2/14/15
For such a safety critical piece of equipment, I think a test would be
better.

avag...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2015, 2:38:26 PM2/14/15

a bag inside a regular Bell is possible

test equippe

http://goo.gl/9Mcl3q

(PeteCresswell)

Feb 14, 2015, 4:06:14 PM2/14/15
Per Andre Jute:
>It's a bike helmet airbag ...
Pretty impressive, but I came away from the video wishing they had shown
some falls where the rider's speed was zero or very close to zero.

For instance:

- Rider stops, gets a foot caught in the clips, goes over side ways, and
raps his melon on the edge of a curb.

- Rider is slowly ascending a very steep hill, gets weight too far back,
and goes over backwards.
--
Pete Cresswell

Frank Krygowski

Feb 14, 2015, 5:03:32 PM2/14/15
One of my best friends recently went over backwards, landing flat on his
back and striking the back of his head on the ground. He was still
quite sore about 24 hours later, although he never did bother to seek
any medical treatment.

I don't expect there will be any long term damage, but I suppose he
could have used one of these air bag helmets. It might have even helped
cushion his shoulder, which is really hurting him.

Trouble is, the helmet's not marketed for him, even though he's in the
_real_ danger group for serious head injuries.

Yep, he was walking. Three times more dangerous than cycling, per mile.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Andre Jute

Feb 14, 2015, 5:19:07 PM2/14/15
Give me a URL for the raw numbers and let's see if I agree with you, Franki-boy.

Andre Jute

Andre Jute

Feb 14, 2015, 5:19:28 PM2/14/15
Yeah, I thought of that too. The pedal clip scenario is of no interest to me, as I use platform pedals you ride with street shoes, but sometime I switch the motor off and pedal up a hill in slooooow gears.

Andre Jute

avag...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2015, 9:02:52 AM2/15/15
no the stats are reasonable: older people walking during winter, clear ice on side walks...often newsworthy. When there is no cycling..per mile.

The airbag helmet falls into a category possibly holding the dreaded Rolloff or a thousand other equipments...several past...disc brakes, panhard rods, door beams SEAT BELTS...expense...consider smoke detectors are rear flashers.

flashers are au point...5 years ago vs now flashers are moving out of the category.

http://goo.gl/F0zumV

avag...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2015, 7:15:41 PM2/17/15

avag...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2015, 7:22:22 PM2/17/15
On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 7:15:41 PM UTC-5, avag...@gmail.com wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vZGAE6K0QE

awwww THEY put an ad in for me but the ad doahn repeat..

shows a woman driving on urbane street fooling wit her media console on the trans plate....she's choosing uh texting....there's are big print..so you can red it and drive...menu then a big knobbie lights up outlines TEXTING then she punchs a button to text on a wheel mounted keyboard...

eyeeyyhhah

you think I'm pulling your leg ?

mo way Dude