selling stuff

Lawrence Brennan

May 2, 2018, 9:47:41 PM5/2/18
Where is a good google group to post the selling of commuter/ touring bike equip? Is this it?
Thanks

Tim McNamara

May 3, 2018, 12:48:02 AM5/3/18
No. This is a newsgroup (not actually a Google Group, even though you
can see it via Google Groups. Newsgroups are operated under the NNTP
protocol and predated Google by a couple of decades. rec.bicycles.tech
is just sort of grandfathered into Google Groups, as are many other
newsgroups, but Google doesn't operate them) for discussion of technical
matters about bikes.

Craigslist is probably a better choice if you live in a metropolitan
area, perhaps less useful if you live in a rural area.

Joerg

May 3, 2018, 7:52:19 PM5/3/18
Actually even then Craigslist is a good choice, and free. We sold our
Hammond organ that way and the buyer lives about one mile from here, not
in some metropolis. At first I couldn't believe it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Lawrence Brennan

May 4, 2018, 2:23:13 PM5/4/18
On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 6:47:41 PM UTC-7, Lawrence Brennan wrote:
> Where is a good google group to post the selling of commuter/ touring bike equip? Is this it?
> Thanks

thanks for the info!