Gays represent LOVE in a violent world

Jun 13, 2016, 4:20:59 PM6/13/16
While the Christians pray for peace, gays make love left and right. It's all about LOVE said the owner of the gay club in Orlando. Is this "Flower Power"?

I take a different approach: I ride a bicycle and stay away from guns. I may actually be tempted to use them when an idiot comes harassing me. And chances are they will strike before I have a chance. Not practical. You should not use a gun unless you have to.

Just the other other day I was surfing channels and this station called GunsTV or something, came up. Imagine, a shotgun for under $200. A handgun around $250. Are they proudly made in America or made in China? Where do they draw the line? "Profits are sacred," they say.

Praying for peace is not working, apparently. "Happiness is the ultimate rebellion," I just heard some gay guy say on the radio.

"Life's cheap, profits are sacred"

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nffbCR_uCZ6znjf3gLiFRXSAoLzhWtoZ6U4S7Y37aKc/edit?usp=sharing

John Doe

Jun 13, 2016, 4:30:57 PM6/13/16
Google Groups spam/troll...

--
"Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher" <thetibetanmonkey gmail.com> wrote in news:cea11f69-5430-4857-a001-d53cd5919978 googlegroups.com:

> Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
> Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 13:20:57 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: Gays represent LOVE in a violent world
> From: "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher" <thetibetanmonkey gmail.com>

avag...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2016, 7:50:00 PM6/13/16
delusional

Jun 13, 2016, 8:19:37 PM6/13/16
On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 7:50:00 PM UTC-4, avag...@gmail.com wrote:
> delusional

Look who's talking. ;)

Gays have successfully being accepted while we cyclists appear like a bunch of losers. Why is that?

I think it's economics and our lack of unity. They represent a middle class background while we appear to be non-consumers. There's a segment of cyclists that belong to the middle class but those seem to be in a bubble of their own. Usually they travel in packs and are able to defend themselves. The rest of us are victims to all kinds of discrimination and violence. And we are not the only ones. Hookers are victimized and criminalized, and not a thing society does about it.

I can not help it but see the world filled with hypocrisy.

avag...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2016, 9:39:53 PM6/13/16
Sex workers in Orlando

John B.

Jun 13, 2016, 9:48:26 PM6/13/16
From what I read it is probably numbers. Gays make up some 3.5 percent
of the Florida population (4th in the Nation) and that in 2010 same
sex households numbered 48,495, an increase of 18.125% from 2000.

>I can not help it but see the world filled with hypocrisy.
--
cheers,

John B.

Jun 14, 2016, 12:58:06 AM6/14/16
Don't we cyclists outnumber them?

We are just disorganized. We should be proud to be car free.

Jun 14, 2016, 1:00:11 AM6/14/16
On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 9:39:53 PM UTC-4, avag...@gmail.com wrote:
> Sex workers in Orlando

In Germany they are treated with respect. Here they are hookers.

avag...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2016, 1:40:39 AM6/14/16
A nail is a grommet. Clams are Elves, light bulbs are watermelons.

The words have not moral or philosophic values.

Their obvious relationships allow rational understanding.

EG....Miami is the Capitol of South America

John B.

Jun 14, 2016, 5:00:03 AM6/14/16
On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 21:58:02 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
I don't know and I honestly doubt if anyone knows how many people
actually "ride bicycles". I read that as many as 100,000,000 ride a
bicycle at least once a year. If one ride a year makes one a cyclist
than I suppose that anyone that had one drink at the new years party
an alcoholic.

I've read estimates of bike commuters based on three survey sites in
one city counting for a couple of days.

I've also read what seems to be a very level headed survey of bicycle
accidents in Southern California
http://bikinginla.com/2012/01/22/analyzing-2011-socal-cycling-fatalities-los-angeles-and-door-zones-may-be-safer-than-you-think/
in which the author, while comparing the various county's writes
"Unfortunately, there's no objective measure of how many people ride
bikes in each county."

In contrast, the Gays seem to be carefully counted, which I suggest
may be due to politically astute people in the group.

If you wheel your bicycle down to city hall and announce to the Mayor
that you, a Tibetan monkey and a cyclist, demand better facilities you
might get a smile.

If you go down to city hall and announce that you represent 3.5
percent of the voters in the city and your ranks are increasing at
about 2% per year and that a large number of your adherents are active
in the business and media sectors, I suspect that you will receive a
very different reception.

But car free? Proud? I wonder.

In some of the world's cities you might be able to get along with
only a bicycle and public transportation but in a great many U.S.
cities, I'm not so sure. I lived in Miami for about two years, before
the Cubans arrived, and in those days public transportation seemed
very limited. I lived in Riverside California and the same thing
applied. Los Angeles? The same thing, only worse.

But to be honest, in New York city it might be said that one doesn't
need a car.

About half the year, I live on an island. About 40 Km from the
"town". A shopping trip is a 80 km. round trip and on the average 90
degree summer day that is a long ride. With a hundred dollars worth of
groceries that can be a very long ride.
--
cheers,

John B.

avag...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2016, 6:20:47 AM6/14/16
Morning news continues with reporting Florida is protected by nuerotic violent security guards ...

mind blowing ... who wudda thought it ?
Message has been deleted

Jun 14, 2016, 9:54:39 AM6/14/16
On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 2:58:33 AM UTC-4, Jeanne Douglas wrote:
> In article <8e872d98-f793-45ee...@googlegroups.com>,
> "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher"
> <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 9:47:45 PM UTC-4, Mr. B1ack wrote:
> > > Um ... violence rates amongst gays and gay couples is
> > > pretty much equivalent to that of the general population.
> > > They're still *people* after all, one little quirk doesn't
> > > change that.
> >
> > Well they can punch each other on equal terms.
> >
> > But I think it's women who are to blame for many men going gay. They ask men
> > for security before sex.
>

> Wow. Misogyny much?

No, I think it has to do with capitalism, offer and demand.

That's why sex workers are necessary. 👍

Jun 14, 2016, 3:36:07 PM6/14/16
On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 1:23:23 PM UTC-4, Vito wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 07:04:47 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble
> Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 8:54:02 AM UTC-4, Vito wrote:
> >> SS is an entirely different kettle of fish. The original recipients got
> >> something for nothing. After that, no. I began paying into SS when I was 13
> >> years old, when a dollar bought 5 gallons of gas, and continued to do so for 55
> >> years. That money was used to fund previous generations' pensions. Now younger
> >> workers are funding my pension. Tomarrow today's children will fund those
> >> workers pensions. It is not charity. The size of one's pension depends on how
> >> much they paid in.
> >
> >Your math is all wrong. Now fewer workers are paying for ever growing numbers of pensioners.
>
> The population is growing by leaps and bounds. There are twice as many people
> in the USA as when I began working. So how can there be fewer workers? Simple
> answer - most of the new growth are parasites. Meanwhile, much of the work is
> done off the grid by illegals.

Again, it's like a pyramid. Originally the base was broad, but as people live longer (not healthier), there are fewer people (as a percentage) feeding the old, so the pyramid is unstable and will eventually tumble down.

> >We need healthier pensioners walking/riding bikes.
>
> So they can live longer and collect more? I don't disagree. But nobody walks
> down a lane intended for 40 MPH traffic. Bicyclists who do so belong in the
> weeds. Perhaps bicycle traps, holes covered by bars spaced to catch bicycle
> tires.

You are feeding fear into the jungle. The gazelles get scared. 😉

John B.

Jun 14, 2016, 11:13:01 PM6/14/16
On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 06:46:22 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 2:58:33 AM UTC-4, Jeanne Douglas wrote:
>> In article <8e872d98-f793-45ee...@googlegroups.com>,
>> "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher"
>> <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Well they can punch each other on equal terms.
>> >
>> > But I think it's women who are to blame for many men going gay. They ask men
>> > for security before sex.
>>

>> Wow. Misogyny much?
>
>No, I think it has to do with capitalism, offer and demand.
>
>That's why social workers are necessary. ?

Errr.. in a purely capitalistic system there is not requirement for
"social" workers.

Capitalism implies that you get up in the morning and go to work. On
payday you get your pay packet and take it home, unopened, and give it
to your wife, who buys the food and clothes for the kids. No need to
social at all.

(I reread the above and Wow! It certainly is a radical statement)
--
cheers,

John B.

John B.

Jun 14, 2016, 11:20:34 PM6/14/16
On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 06:54:37 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 2:58:33 AM UTC-4, Jeanne Douglas wrote:
>> In article <8e872d98-f793-45ee...@googlegroups.com>,
>> "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher"
>> <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Well they can punch each other on equal terms.
>> >
>> > But I think it's women who are to blame for many men going gay. They ask men
>> > for security before sex.
>>

>> Wow. Misogyny much?
>
>No, I think it has to do with capitalism, offer and demand.
>
>That's why sex workers are necessary. ?

It is interesting that you find Sex Workers indispensable.
There is a term, "Paraphilias", that may describe your condition.
--
cheers,

John B.

Jun 15, 2016, 12:22:25 AM6/15/16
It should be a human right.

Germans love it.

Jun 15, 2016, 12:28:26 AM6/15/16
I meant to say sex worker. It's corrected later.

The wife is a partner in life under ideal conditions but life is less than perfect. As a car-free cyclist, you may not find any wife.

John B.

Jun 15, 2016, 2:36:55 AM6/15/16
On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 21:22:22 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
In the U.S. I believe that there laws about sheep, goats and chickens.
--
cheers,

John B.

John B.

Jun 15, 2016, 2:45:20 AM6/15/16
On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 21:28:24 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
They are out there. You just have to be vigilant. Pamela Blalock,
otherwise known as The Fixie Pixie, and her husband have a contest to
see which one can first ride 500 miles between Christmas and New
Years. They call it the "Festive 500".

(they live in Western Massachusetts)
--
cheers,

John B.

Jun 15, 2016, 8:27:53 AM6/15/16
On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 4:03:55 AM UTC-4, Jeanne Douglas wrote:
> In article <6bbb9548-5544-4b52...@googlegroups.com>,
> "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher"
> <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 8:48:26 PM UTC-4, Jeanne Douglas wrote:
> > > In article <01ac233a-9e4a-4cde...@googlegroups.com>,

> > > Misogyny is calling all women whores, which is what you are doing.
> >
> > Are u against prostitution?
> >
> > Even Jesus accepted that. ?
>
> You're the one calling women prostitutes.
>
> Why do you think women are money-grubbing prostitutes?

I'm not calling them prostitutes. Prostitutes are prostitutes and women are women.

Prostitutes ask for money, and women ask too many questions.

Jun 15, 2016, 8:46:59 AM6/15/16
On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 6:26:47 AM UTC-4, hypatiab7 wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 2:58:33 AM UTC-4, Jeanne Douglas wrote:
> > In article <8e872d98-f793-45ee...@googlegroups.com>,
> > "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher"
> > <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Well they can punch each other on equal terms.
> > >
> > > But I think it's women who are to blame for many men going gay. They ask men for security before sex.
> >

> > Wow. Misogyny much?
>
> In this guy's case, misogyny and ignorance. He's still one of the unwashed, unthinking herd who don't realize that some people are born hetero and
> some are born gay. Others are both. That little black book keeps getting in
> the way of thought.

In the good old days, gays (aka homosexuals) were discreet. Now they are public, even proud. Do prostitutes enjoy the same status?

Notice how discreet Jesus was.

avag...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2016, 8:29:28 PM6/18/16