SEASONS

avag...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2017, 9:34:00 AM10/16/17

avag...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2017, 6:45:20 PM10/29/17

jbeattie

Oct 29, 2017, 7:57:01 PM10/29/17
Fall colors are spectacular. If it stays dry, here next week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCYjRBTbXcs I haven't been to Horsetail Falls in a few months, but I love this footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWKR6aO8_e8

Yesterday it was warm -- not a cloud in the sky, and I did a climb in the West Hills under an almost solid canopy of gold and red leaves. Today, it started foggy and wet, and I rode with some friends through Forest Park on CX bikes, mostly on leaves. https://tinyurl.com/y89gd4aj There's gravel under there. The downside of fall is falling down . . . on leaves.

-- Jay Beattie.

Frank Krygowski

Oct 29, 2017, 8:15:34 PM10/29/17
On 10/29/2017 7:56 PM, jbeattie wrote:
> On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 3:45:20 PM UTC-7, avag...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 6:34:00 AM UTC-7, avag...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> goo.gl/ALHFfV
>>
>> http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discussions/hpcdiscussions.php?disc=pmdspd
>
> Fall colors are spectacular. If it stays dry, here next week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCYjRBTbXcs I haven't been to Horsetail Falls in a few months, but I love this footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWKR6aO8_e8
>
> Yesterday it was warm -- not a cloud in the sky, and I did a climb in the West Hills under an almost solid canopy of gold and red leaves.

You're lucky. Our amazingly dry autumn has muted the leaf colors. And
this weekend's weather canceled some interesting travel and camping
plans with friends. Like most of the weekend, it's about 40 degrees
Fahrenheit and drizzling. It's like Oregon out there! :-(

--
- Frank Krygowski

jbeattie

Oct 29, 2017, 10:30:52 PM10/29/17
I don't post videos of driving rain and riding on shitty roads with lots of cars. O.K., here's one -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p31FqlkSPXs I was riding home a couple of weeks ago through a lake-sized puddle when a Tri-Met bus came by and produced a wave that broke over my head for five seconds. I was riding blind with buckets of water running down my jacket, into my booties -- into my soul! It was like the opening credits for Hawaii Five-O, except cold water, dark and no palm trees.

-- Jay Beattie.

avag...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2017, 12:32:38 AM10/30/17
from here that is one ugly weather forecast

goo.gl/43AFYP

cycl...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2017, 11:53:49 AM10/30/17
I had what should have been two spectacular crashes without so much as a scratch from falling into large piles of leaves. But the rocky culverts mere inches away made one ride more carefully.

Gregory Sutter

Oct 30, 2017, 4:13:34 PM10/30/17
On 2017-10-30, jbeattie <jbeat...@msn.com> wrote:

> I was riding home a couple of weeks ago through a lake-sized puddle
> when a Tri-Met bus came by and produced a wave that broke over my
> head for five seconds. I was riding blind with buckets of water
> running down my jacket, into my booties -- into my soul! It was
> like the opening credits for Hawaii Five-O, except cold water, dark
> and no palm trees.

And you were the spitting image of Jack Lord!

--
Gregory S. Sutter Mostly Harmless
mailto:gsu...@zer0.org

avag...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2017, 6:07:35 PM10/30/17

Ralph Barone

Oct 30, 2017, 7:17:36 PM10/30/17
Gregory Sutter <gsu...@zer0.org> wrote:
> On 2017-10-30, jbeattie <jbeat...@msn.com> wrote:
>>
>> I was riding home a couple of weeks ago through a lake-sized puddle
>> when a Tri-Met bus came by and produced a wave that broke over my
>> head for five seconds. I was riding blind with buckets of water
>> running down my jacket, into my booties -- into my soul! It was
>> like the opening credits for Hawaii Five-O, except cold water, dark
>> and no palm trees.
>
> And you were the spitting image of Jack Lord!

Seeing as Jack Lord is quite dead, I'm not sure how much of a compliment
that was.

jbeattie

Oct 30, 2017, 8:44:45 PM10/30/17
Yah, but I'm sure his hair is still immaculate.

-- Jay Beattie.

avag...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2017, 1:16:23 AM10/31/17
BOOKEM RACHEL !

cycl...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2017, 10:48:35 AM10/31/17
On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 3:07:35 PM UTC-7, avag...@gmail.com wrote:
> https://lindsayhart.com/jay-beattie
>
> http://www.active.com/Assets/Cycling/Mammoth+Gran+Fondo+3.jpg

Gee, Jay isn't nearly as ugly as he portrays himself.

jbeattie

Oct 31, 2017, 12:39:10 PM10/31/17
I hate that picture -- I was sickly, on crutches and probably buzzed on Oxy after fracturing my leg skiing. Ti -- not CF -- rod in my leg. I prefer that soft feel of Ti. I'm older now, so any new picture would be even worse probably.

-- Jay Beattie.

avag...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2017, 12:40:12 PM10/31/17
On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 7:48:35 AM UTC-7, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
JB's a transplanted Californian. I know several from on the road. They befriended me caws I have Fla plates.

avag...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2017, 12:52:01 PM10/31/17
RIDE ON

Duane

Oct 31, 2017, 2:03:59 PM10/31/17
Funny but after your descriptions of yourself I expected more
decrepitude. <g>

cycl...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2017, 10:38:31 AM11/1/17
On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 9:39:10 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
Geez, what an ego, "I really look a lot better than this".

avag...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2017, 8:52:58 AM11/9/17

avag...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2017, 10:40:19 AM11/10/17