OT: St Paul en route to Damascus

AMuzi

Oct 14, 2017, 10:44:29 AM10/14/17

avag...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2017, 12:38:08 PM10/14/17
in danger, take what is available in avoidance,

avoid unverified n specious claims outside the current reality

cycl...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2017, 3:24:26 PM10/14/17
Mass shootings are so rare that basing any policies around them is rediculous. One of the points that I didn't realize was the size of the suicide contingent.

Frank Krygowski

Oct 14, 2017, 11:10:06 PM10/14/17
On 10/14/2017 3:24 PM, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 7:44:29 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-used-to-think-gun-control-was-the-answer-my-research-told-me-otherwise/2017/10/03/d33edca6-a851-11e7-92d1-58c702d2d975_story.html?utm_term=.fdc98b2c9c27
>
> Mass shootings are so rare that basing any policies around them is rediculous.

Rare? Really?

The definition of "mass shooting" is not officially defined. But you
must be imagining an extremely restricted definition.

One definition in common use is a shooting incident in which at least
four people are killed or injured by gunfire. By that standard, the U.S.
has hundreds per year.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/business/wonkblog/mass-shooting-definition/

I don't think that's so rare that nothing should be done about it.

--
- Frank Krygowski

avag...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2017, 4:07:24 AM10/15/17

AMuzi

Oct 15, 2017, 12:35:06 PM10/15/17
Mass shootings in France over ten years were just under 600
people (slightly over USA total for the decade before LV
NV). And yet France experiences about 550,000 deaths per
year every year (heart disease to jihadis all lumped in).

The most heavily regulated US industry, piled deep with
licenses, inspectors, accreditation for facilities,
equipment and staff, permits, QC panels, oversight boards,
the tort bar and very large numbers of very smart people
with gargantuan resources and motivation still kills 35,000
people to hospital-acquired infection every year.

Medical errors (both fatal and 'try again') are magnitudes
larger and nonfatal hospital-acquired infection is
stunningly common, in the millions per year. But just
hospital-acquired infection deaths dwarf anything we've
discussed about firearms. I can't stress enough these are
people who walked into a hospital and got wheeled out, dead
from infections they acquired in the facility.

Yes firearm deaths, in toto, are actually rare.

avag...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2017, 12:47:39 PM10/15/17
with electric cars, what of the 170 mph Camaro ?

INSURANCE

read the track test issue of C&D ..... lime green .... lime green...
back to law school

avag...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2017, 12:58:17 PM10/15/17
goo.gl/b5k2oi

statute law agreed on by legislatures protects the public. or the coal barons.

every week GooNews sends me another shooting, at colleges public events ..
the occurrences on the map relate to our safety like bicycle lights, as with Frank and potential ...the law prevents occurrences of danger to the public not after thoughts about number comparisons for coal barons....or gun nuts.

Frank Krygowski

Oct 15, 2017, 3:07:01 PM10/15/17
On 10/15/2017 12:35 PM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 10/14/2017 10:10 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
>> On 10/14/2017 3:24 PM, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
>>>>

>>> Mass shootings are so rare that basing any policies around
>>> them is rediculous.
>>
>> Rare? Really?
>>
>> The definition of "mass shooting" is not officially
>> defined.  But you must be imagining an extremely restricted
>> definition.
>>
>> One definition in common use is a shooting incident in which
>> at least four people are killed or injured by gunfire. By
>> that standard, the U.S. has hundreds per year.
>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/business/wonkblog/mass-shooting-definition/
>>

>> I don't think that's so rare that nothing should be done
>> about it.
>>

> Mass shootings in France over ten years were just under 600 people
> (slightly over USA total for the decade before LV NV).

What's your source for that? I'm not finding it.

I find that France has fewer than 2000 firearms deaths every year. The
U.S. tops 33,000. France's gun homicide rate is about 0.2 per 100,000
population. The U.S. has a rate 17 times as high.

--
- Frank Krygowski

AMuzi

Oct 15, 2017, 3:38:04 PM10/15/17
On 10/15/2017 2:06 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 10/15/2017 12:35 PM, AMuzi wrote:

>>> Rare? Really?
>>>
>>> The definition of "mass shooting" is not officially
>>> defined. But you must be imagining an extremely restricted
>>> definition.
>>>
>>> One definition in common use is a shooting incident in which
>>> at least four people are killed or injured by gunfire. By
>>> that standard, the U.S. has hundreds per year.
>>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/business/wonkblog/mass-shooting-definition/
>>>

>>> I don't think that's so rare that nothing should be done
>>> about it.
>>>

>> Mass shootings in France over ten years were just under
>> 600 people (slightly over USA total for the decade before
>> LV NV).
>
> What's your source for that? I'm not finding it.
>
> I find that France has fewer than 2000 firearms deaths every
> year. The U.S. tops 33,000. France's gun homicide rate is
> about 0.2 per 100,000 population. The U.S. has a rate 17
> times as high.

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2017/2/23/john-lott-qa-antigun-lies-about-mass-shootings/

At Las Vegas the scenario was especially pernicious in that
he not only had the bump stocks on multiple firearms but he
was at rifle distance so, despite multiple armed citizens
and police/sheriff/security, return fire could not be effective.

You mentioned Steve Scalise recently. The wounded security
guard Crystal Griner instantly returned fire.

With her pistol against a rifle.
From across the diamond into a cement dugout.
Successfully

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-crystal-griner-congress-shooting-20170615-story.html

"The word hero is thrown around a lot, especially in public
safety, but clearly she exemplified what a true hero is all
about," ...

"They ran right into those guns and the bullets, and they
saved a lot of lives."

cycl...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2017, 8:09:27 PM10/15/17
So now you think that stricter gun control laws will prevent gangland shootings? Attaboy Frank.

cycl...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2017, 8:13:54 PM10/15/17
On Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 9:47:39 AM UTC-7, avag...@gmail.com wrote:
Insurance? My car was destroyed while parked in front of my house six weeks ago. I continued to call the lady's insurance company and they told me that she was never available to make a statement.

Finally I called her and she said that the adjuster would never come over to take her statement. That she had to pay for the repairs to her vehicle out of her pocket so far too.

Now that lady called my wife several times trying to make sure that we had all of her information.

So who do you suppose is lying? And what can be done about an insurance company?

cycl...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2017, 8:29:43 PM10/15/17
I have to say that Frank doesn't count guns carried by a cop. Only those in the hands of people that could do the work of cops in the 20 minutes before they got to where a crime was being committed.

If you checked out that BS site of Franks you would discover their "mass shootings" were gang warfare almost entirely with illegal weapons to begin with. That is the sort of person Frank is. If you don't have any real evidence you simply manufacture it.

Frank Krygowski

Oct 15, 2017, 9:20:16 PM10/15/17
Andrew?

> https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2017/2/23/john-lott-qa-antigun-lies-about-mass-shootings/
>

> At Las Vegas the scenario was especially pernicious in that he not only
> had the bump stocks on multiple firearms but he was at rifle distance
> so, despite multiple armed citizens and police/sheriff/security, return
> fire could not be effective.
>
> You mentioned Steve Scalise recently.  The wounded security guard
> Crystal Griner instantly returned fire.
>
> With her pistol against a rifle.
> From across the diamond into a cement dugout.
> Successfully
>
> http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-crystal-griner-congress-shooting-20170615-story.html
>

> "The word hero is thrown around a lot, especially in public safety, but
> clearly she exemplified what a true hero is all about," ...
>
> "They ran right into those guns and the bullets, and they saved a lot of
> lives."

Nowhere have I said that law enforcement shouldn't have access to
"people killing" guns.

But if fewer nuts and thugs had guns, the law enforcement officers
wouldn't have to use theirs nearly as often.

--
- Frank Krygowski

jbeattie

Oct 15, 2017, 9:28:06 PM10/15/17
On Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 5:13:54 PM UTC-7, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:

> Insurance? My car was destroyed while parked in front of my house six weeks ago. I continued to call the lady's insurance company and they told me that she was never available to make a statement.
>
> Finally I called her and she said that the adjuster would never come over to take her statement. That she had to pay for the repairs to her vehicle out of her pocket so far too.

Adjusters typically take phone statement in a liability case and have you, the injured party, take your car to a shop or estimator. They don't make house calls, usually.

> Now that lady called my wife several times trying to make sure that we had all of her information.
>
> So who do you suppose is lying? And what can be done about an insurance company?

Tell the lady to call her insurer and make a statement. If you don't think the insurer is doing what it should, call the complaint line at the California Insurance Commissioner. https://www.insurance.ca.gov/01-consumers/101-help/

Your own insurer can get the process moving, too. I doubt anyone is lying to you. The driver isn't doing what she needs to do to get a claim up and running. It wouldn't be the first time.

-- Jay Beattie.

cycl...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2017, 11:21:42 PM10/15/17
The ladies insurer is Western United and they have told both her and me that they must take a statement in person.

My insurer is Geico and they have told me that as long as she has insurance they are totally out of the picture. They did try to get the ball rolling nevertheless and were simply put on hold and never picked up.

Body shops tell me this is normal in California and that sometimes it can take two years.

cycl...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2017, 10:24:06 AM10/16/17
Maybe that's United Western.

jbeattie

Oct 16, 2017, 3:07:24 PM10/16/17
Weird. Maybe this is a reaction to all the faux claims in California. I've been in your shoes and spent maybe fifteen minutes on the phone and then the usual hokey-pokey at the body shop. In person statements under oath are usually reserved for seriously questionable claims and not fender-benders.

-- Jay Beattie.

cycl...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2017, 10:06:30 AM10/17/17
That is what I can't get over - they lose more time not coughing up the $2,500 than paying it. Is there any question who was driving? No. Is there any question who was at fault? Since it was a parked car she hit - no. Is there any question about the extent of damage? Since the left rear wheel is off of the road on flat pavement - no. I have called them at least 7 or 8 times and they are now to the point where they're saying "do whatever you like".

So I filed a complaint with the Insurance Commission. I don't know what the results of that will be.

avag...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2017, 1:54:31 PM10/17/17
On Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 7:44:29 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
http://wavy.com/2017/10/17/report-of-active-shooter-at-howard-university/

AMuzi

Oct 17, 2017, 2:19:50 PM10/17/17

cycl...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2017, 10:47:30 AM10/18/17
Actually fake news started on Facebook which is seeing more and more of this. My older brother said that the kook websites he normally goes to to discover how much the government is lying to us all (the second shooter on the hill killed Kennedy, No airplanes flew into the Trade Towers, man never flew to the moon, there were multiple shooters at las vegas etc.) now automatically switch him over to porn sites. It's good to know that at least he has some scruples and won't go to those sites anymore.

My wife said that there were recordings of sex acts on Facebook and her daughter has had to put parental controls so that her kids don't get these things playing in their faces.

In the meantime Frank thinks that mass murders are a problem. He proves it by quoting gangland shootings and how we should work assiduously to prevent them.

Frank thinks the world would be a better place if he could force me to pay for other people's medical care.

avag...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2017, 11:06:51 AM10/18/17
NYT morning briefing reports Google caught multiples on spreading fake news on fact checking sites thru Goo's adverti$ers

avag...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2017, 11:46:02 AM10/20/17

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/19/colorado-state-student-two-others-killed-in-shooting.html