Habanero?

Doug Landau

Jan 20, 2017, 4:46:57 PM1/20/17
Haven't seen a post from Mark Hickey in a long time.

Is Habanero still a good choice for a Ti roadbike?

Looks like the price has gone up, 995 now

http://www.habcycles.com/cross.html

AMuzi

Jan 20, 2017, 5:37:19 PM1/20/17
We think so. Never disappointed with any Habanero we've sold.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Jan 20, 2017, 6:54:33 PM1/20/17
Mark passes thru my mind abt once 2x a year with our relevance to Lance*

I looked back then. There was a Chinese frame builder with a Ferrari like Logo with custom frames for $700 ? Ho's my memory ? Lets check inflation ...

1996 to 2016 is 700 to 1070.78

aha ! but the welding techniques are superior, as is tubing and off course the ways of cheating you mercilessly across the pacific

where's Ferrari Chinese Ti today ?

*egregious name dropping

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Jan 21, 2017, 6:34:45 AM1/21/17
http://www.slowtwitch.com/Interview/Hot_as_a_Habanero_3066.html

haven't seen the Arab raft for years ..
know more abt it ?

I recognize Barrone n there's a dying man holding a Ford oil drain plug ..

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Jan 21, 2017, 9:15:59 AM1/21/17

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I recognize Barrone n there's a dying man holding a Ford oil drain plug ..

TACK TACK

'people on raft painting'

https://marnielangeroodiblog.wordpress.com/2013/04/15/the-raft-of-the-medusa-1819/

Radey Shouman

Jan 21, 2017, 7:29:49 PM1/21/17

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Jan 21, 2017, 9:22:08 PM1/21/17

Doug Landau

Jan 24, 2017, 12:09:29 AM1/24/17
On Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 3:34:45 AM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
> http://www.slowtwitch.com/Interview/Hot_as_a_Habanero_3066.html

Thanks that was a great article.

Doug Landau

Jan 24, 2017, 12:47:27 AM1/24/17
Y'all won't believe this but now that I've freshened up a beautiful old Fuji for rain, ... ... well, ... the brakes simply do not work in the rain.

Sheldon said that aero levers have much greater mechanical advantage, and it would be interesting to see if those would help. I also have a pair of modolo morpheus brifters I was thinking about putting on. Would have to check the throw to see if - on 7speed setting - it will line up with the six speed freewheel that's on there now. IIRC they were both shimano and campy compatible, I guess either their 7 speed cog spacing are the same, or the modolos have a fine adjustment.
The bike already has barcons which I like. OTOH the reviews say the modolos are good brake levers but not good shifters, so maybe just use them as brake levers.

This thing doesn't have discs and is not a 56 and is not in my town anyway:
https://denver.craigslist.org/bik/5932788362.html

Is it a sloping top tube or just the way the pic makes it look?

John B.

Jan 24, 2017, 3:05:27 AM1/24/17
I've used brifters with both Vee Brakes and Cantilevers. To do so you
need a very straight wheel (no wobble) and the pads have to be
adjusted very close to the rims, but it can be done successfully. The
one problem that I encountered was that usually any quick release (to
change the wheel) won't open far enough to get the wheel out. I used
in-line adjusters to overcome that problem.

My advise would be to first get a set of Kool-Stop brake pads and try
them as I've found then quite effective in the rain and even if they
don't help much with wet weather they are still fine brake pads.
--
Cheers,

John B.

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Jan 24, 2017, 7:24:16 AM1/24/17
CRC BELT DRESSING..Wal/HS

Clean rims min spirits CHOH . rag n roll

spray brake surface pads CRC

DRY

GRIP

clean reapply. When fouled . lightly try ISO then respray heavy remove with thinner

AMuzi

Jan 24, 2017, 9:45:58 AM1/24/17
Level top tube on that model.

deaco...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2017, 10:14:57 AM1/24/17
How does Habanero compare to Lynskey? I have been looking at a Lynskey 250 their prices were better until these I see. I assume Muzi will know or have an idea.

deaco...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2017, 10:15:17 AM1/24/17

AMuzi

Jan 24, 2017, 11:14:31 AM1/24/17
On 1/24/2017 9:14 AM, deaco...@gmail.com wrote:
> How does Habanero compare to Lynskey? I have been looking at a Lynskey 250 their prices were better until these I see. I assume Muzi will know or have an idea.

Habaneros are a good value IMHO.
Sorry no opinion of Lynskey.

Frank Krygowski

Jan 24, 2017, 11:34:36 AM1/24/17
Interesting points in the paragraph about Chinese manufacture (just
below the photo of the tandem).

"Trade is the one thing in this crazy world that incentivizes countries
to play nice..." and "Those new middle-class [Chinese] consumers are
now customers for American entrepreneurs..."

Obviously, people disagree on these things; but Mark's views don't seem
to be at the forefront just now.

--
- Frank Krygowski

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Jan 24, 2017, 12:16:59 PM1/24/17
is hot ... not Ohio

cycl...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2017, 4:15:19 PM1/24/17
Yes, we understand, you just can't stand reality where the majority are more important than the minority.

Frank Krygowski

Jan 24, 2017, 5:35:35 PM1/24/17
Sheesh, Tom, I didn't state a position one way or the other. Get a grip!

--
- Frank Krygowski

Doug Landau

Jan 24, 2017, 5:58:28 PM1/24/17
A Habanero disc brake cross bike. Just need to find one in pristine condition on CL for $750.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Tech/Barry_Roubaix_Recap_4284.html

Tim McNamara

Jan 24, 2017, 8:52:01 PM1/24/17
On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 17:35:32 -0500, Frank Krygowski
<frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 1/24/2017 4:15 PM, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 8:34:36 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski
>> wrote:

>>> Interesting points in the paragraph about Chinese manufacture (just
>>> below the photo of the tandem).
>>>
>>> "Trade is the one thing in this crazy world that incentivizes
>>> countries to play nice..." and "Those new middle-class [Chinese]
>>> consumers are now customers for American entrepreneurs..."
>>>
>>> Obviously, people disagree on these things; but Mark's views don't
>>> seem to be at the forefront just now.
>>>
>> Yes, we understand, you just can't stand reality where the majority
>> are more important than the minority.
>
> Sheesh, Tom, I didn't state a position one way or the other. Get a
> grip!

Yes, he should. Especially given that he is already in at least two
minorities (white people- worldwide but coming soon to America- and
conservatives...). The reason that we have a republic is to not have to
live under mob rule and strongmen. Ironic that the "conservatives"
voted for a classic dictator-style "leader."

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Jan 25, 2017, 1:43:08 AM1/25/17
The economy n social structure for 'conservative areas' is feudal.

Power is conserved at the top.

cycl...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2017, 1:18:09 PM1/25/17
They probably don't make them in your size: 46 cm.