New Horn on My "Around Town" Bicycle

sms

Apr 30, 2016, 7:46:10 PM4/30/16
I've gotten a little tired of red light runners, and intersection
blockers and it's getting worse and worse as traffic increases in my
area. I decided that it was time for a louder horn on my
"transportational" bike.

I got a 12 volt compact air horn <http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000F5DQWY>
and a 14.8V Li-Ion battery pack <http://www.ebay.com/itm/131590167806>.
The handlebar switch has not yet arrived
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/311504686111> but everything else is in place.
Harbor Freight has the horns for a little less (with their 20% off coupon).

It all fits under my Porteur Rack <http://oi63.tinypic.com/f4fqd4.jpg>.
The battery, fuse holder with 15A fuse, and horn relay, fit in a shallow
4" square electrical box.

avag...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2016, 8:06:30 PM4/30/16
let's see a Db reading at 100'

http://www.ozwinds.com.au/images/JEP570L.jpg

John B.

May 1, 2016, 1:05:50 AM5/1/16
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 16:46:07 -0700, sms <scharf...@geemail.com>
wrote:
Why bother. You can get a "Fog horn" powered by a gas cylinder at any
yacht chandlery, or Amazon sells them for about 6 Pounds Sterling. I
guarantee that at close quarters one of these will raise the dead :-)
--

Cheers,

John B.

avag...@gmail.com

May 1, 2016, 7:44:09 AM5/1/16

Tosspot

May 1, 2016, 9:40:32 AM5/1/16
AirZound works for me on any of the brain dead on my commute,

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Airzound-Bike-Horn-colors/dp/B000ACAMJC

Although I did notice

http://www.amazon.com/Hornit-dB140-Cycle-Remote-Trigger/dp/B006TDEV20

As well.