Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no one can come to the Father(God)(in Heaven), but by me." (John 14:6) This means that if you die without trusting in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour you will die in your sins and be forever separated from the love of God in a place called Hell. The Holy Bible descibes Hell as a place of eternal torment, suffering, pain and agony for all those who have rejected Jesus Christ. The good news is that you can be sure you are going to Heaven when this life is over if you allow Jesus Christ to save you today. Do not wait until later to be saved because you do not know exactly when you will die. [ Posted by: RonaldGrossi3849@yahoo.com on May 14, 2005 ] [ 2:58:41 pm ]

RonaldGr...@yahoo.com

May 14, 2005, 2:58:19 PM5/14/05
http://www.gotquestions.org/sinners-prayer.html << I saw this site on a
search directory. Great Resource!

SimCyclings

May 14, 2005, 3:37:41 PM5/14/05
To those that did not know what death meant, perhaps Jesus should be
told his sacrifice was not as necessary as it does not seem to be. In
that complication is the lack of reason I have for doubting a choice of
belief in believing you. As for me, I shall do what i can to be happy
and spread that to all others possible. Karma makes more sense,
especially I dare say in quantum terms (and I dare, probability
observer base would have psychological inclinations potentially), and a
continous string being the primer for a transient base makes more
sense, which would potentially mean that the lamb would be little more
than a slide spill for moral despitude instead of addressing the real
problems and fixing the hear and now. The words of god my ass. Oh
yeah, I dare.

Stephen Wilson

May 14, 2005, 7:32:30 PM5/14/05

<RonaldGr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> http://www.gotquestions.org/sinners-prayer.html << I saw this site on a
> search directory. Great Resource!

At the risk of sounding crass... Fuck Off.

DD

May 15, 2005, 10:53:33 AM5/15/05
and not in the Biblical sense, we've had enough of this thread.

str...@localline.com

May 15, 2005, 1:00:22 PM5/15/05
I will tell you what I told a dying patient that I was caring for who
did not believe in Jesus Christ. "If I am wrong (which I'm not) and
you are right, I have nothing to lose. On the other hand, if I am
right and you are wrong you have EVERYTHING to lose" He got a strange
look on his face as he realized I was right.

DD

May 15, 2005, 1:15:21 PM5/15/05
you prey on the dying?

Guy F. Anderson Sr.

May 15, 2005, 1:55:45 PM5/15/05

YOU SHOULD BE THOROUGHLY ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!

Guy A
Ripley, TN

Bill Sornson

May 15, 2005, 2:37:41 PM5/15/05

*YOU* will go to hell for that one.

(Assuming, of course...)

Stephen Wilson

May 15, 2005, 3:54:08 PM5/15/05

<str...@localline.com> wrote in message

Let's just assume for a minute that you've spent your whole life in the
belief that the only way to salvation is to worship Jesus, prostrate
yourself every day, berate yourself for being a sinner, etc. And you die.
And you find that you got it wrong. So you lose EVERYTHING.

Be honest with yourself and everyone else for a change. EVERY follower of
every religion out there thinks they've got the right one and that everyone
else has got it wrong.

The truth is that NO-ONE knows what the truth is. You may have faith.
Doesn't mean you're right.

Well I don't know what'll happen to me when I die. But I'll cross that
bridge when I come to it, rather than live my life in a "what if..." state
of mind, spending each day wondering if I'm worthy enough.

Christianity is one of many religions. When I'm in need of a religion, I'm
quite capable of making one up of my own rather than blindly following one
that someone else has made up for me.

Nev

May 15, 2005, 4:54:12 PM5/15/05
"Stephen Wilson" <sr.w...@ntlworld.com> wrote

> Christianity is one of many religions.

Very surprisingly, a Seattle sr Baptist minister put it this way: "Jesus is
the way to God inclusively... but not exclusively."

Likewise, asked if he was saying Judaism was "the best religion", an
Illinois rabbi answered: "It's the best religion for Jews."

Stephen Wilson

May 15, 2005, 5:21:37 PM5/15/05

"Nev" <n...@whidbey.com> wrote in message

Love it! Now why can't more people be as accepting of other people as this?

dobey the elf continued

May 15, 2005, 6:42:24 PM5/15/05

You meant excepting didn't you?

Stephen Wilson

May 16, 2005, 1:38:51 PM5/16/05

"dobey the elf continued" <dobe...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

No. I meant accepting.

data...@yahoo.com

May 16, 2005, 5:18:18 PM5/16/05
http://marcussharpe.com/michelin.shtml

and he said "go forth on belts"
and save energy

Stephen Wilson

May 16, 2005, 6:24:56 PM5/16/05

The following lesson comes from the popular religion, Carstianity:

"Haul a Yugo. Haul a Yugo."

Gearly beloved, we are Blazered here in the name of our Four-door, who art
in Half-ton.

I'm speaking of our lord and Mazda, Jeep-sus Chrysler.

He is the Alfa and the Romeo.

He was born in a Ranger, he was Tempo'd by the DeVille, and he Daihatsu'd
for your Sentras.

He said, "Dodge not, that ye not be Dodged.

Thou shalt not Corvette thy neighbor's Whitewall, but turn the other
Cherokee.

If ye have Fiat, ye can move Montecarlos.

He ain't Chevy, he's my Beretta."

He ate the Last Supra, and he climbed the mount of Cavalier, where they
Cruise-controlled him on the Motocross.

But God, in his Infiniti Mercedes, did Rolls away the Stanza.

Let us Prelude: Sayeth the prophet Isuzu, in the Dusenburg Bible, In the
23rd Saab, "The Ford is my Chauffeur. I shall not Walk.

He Lexus me in the paths of Right-turn-signals.

Yea, though I walk through the Valet of the Shadow of Dart, I shall Fiero no
Eagle.

Subaru Goo dwrench and Mercury shall Volvo me Audi Daytonas of my life, and
I shall Dwellmeter house of Delorean, Four-cylinder."

Gloria, In Ex-Celica Geo!

Nev

May 17, 2005, 12:51:08 PM5/17/05
"SimCyclings" <SymPsy...@Whoever.com> wrote
> moral despitude instead

"Despitude" means what? It isn't listed in Webster's nor Britannica.

Chakolate

May 17, 2005, 2:59:24 PM5/17/05
"Nev" <n...@whidbey.com> wrote in news:mbWdnTbiirMhvRffRVn-
3...@whidbeytel.com:

> "SimCyclings" <SymPsy...@Whoever.com> wrote
>> moral despitude instead
>
> "Despitude" means what? It isn't listed in Webster's nor Britannica.

Short for "despicable 'tude", dude. Just like "rectitude" is short for
"wrecked 'tude".

Chak

--
What if ... What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

loveyou...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2018, 1:17:49 PM2/17/18
On Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 11:58:19 AM UTC-7, RonaldGr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> http://www.gotquestions.org/sinners-prayer.html << I saw this site on a
> search directory. Great Resource!

Many people have criticized Christianity and believers in Jesus Christ as being too narrow-minded because we preach that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation. They point to the numerous other religions of the world and say, “How can your way be the only way?”

One of the answers to this question is that Jesus himself declared that He was, in fact, God in the flesh.

I and the Father are one. (John 10:30, NASB)

He who has seen Me has seen the Father… (John 14:9b, NASB)

Jesus did not give Christians any other option but to preach that it is only through faith in His sacrificial death on Calvary that we can receive salvation from our sins.

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." (John 14: 6, NLT)

Jesus claimed to be God. We have to judge his statements about himself as either true or false.

The great British writer, C. S. Lewis, explained in his well-known book, Mere Christianity, “A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher; he’d either be a lunatic – on a level with a man who says he’s a poached egg – or else he’d be the devil of hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God; or else a madman or something worse.”

“You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.”

So Jesus was either a madman, a liar, a myth, or He really was – and is – the Son of God.

https://faithask.com/t/why-is-god-the-only-way-of-life/582

Emanuel Berg

Feb 17, 2018, 2:04:17 PM2/17/18
This reminds me of a story when I went to
Computer School (CS). A couple of hundred
meters from the school building was an
industrial pit, and down there one could see
flames every hour of the day - it was part of
the commune's system for disposing of garbage.
Anyway one time me and a group of students,
12 in total, went to see the professor who had
walked to this place. When we arrived, he
asked, "what is it that you want to hear from
my mouth, that you cannot hear just as well
from your own?" To this, all students started
to talk at once so not a single word was heard.
The professor then said, "you are too many
heads for one body", and pushed 11 students
into the flames.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

Tosspot

Feb 17, 2018, 2:37:23 PM2/17/18
On 17/02/18 19:17, loveyou...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 11:58:19 AM UTC-7, RonaldGr...@yahoo.com
> wrote:
>> http://www.gotquestions.org/sinners-prayer.html << I saw this site
>> on a search directory. Great Resource!
>
> Many people have criticized Christianity and believers in Jesus
> Christ as being too narrow-minded because we preach that Jesus Christ
> is the only way to salvation. They point to the numerous other
> religions of the world and say, “How can your way be the only way?”

Christ on a bike!

Jeff Liebermann

Feb 18, 2018, 2:12:41 PM2/18/18
On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 20:04:13 +0100, Emanuel Berg <moa...@zoho.com>
wrote:
This burning pit?
<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2179622/The-Door-Hell-Giant-hole-Karakum-Desert-40-YEARS.html>

The story is absurd and hardly likely. First, such burn pits are a
health hazard:
<http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/09/thousands-iraq-afghan-war-vets-sickened-after-working-at-burn-pits.html>
<https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/burnpits/index.asp>
The worst place to build an incinerator is at the bottom of a pit.
While it's easy enough to toss the garbage into the pit, it's rather
difficult to keep the incinerated waste from filling up the pit,
requiring another pit to be dug. If there were a fire burning 24x7 in
the pit, the amount of garbage that it could incinerate would be
rather small. Also, tossing any quantity of garbage into such a pit,
would probably extinguish the fire from oxygen exclusion, or from
rapid cooling from all the water that is found in typical garbage. It
also doesn't burn hot enough to break down toxic substances. There
are much better designs for waste incinerators available.

The immolation of 11 student is also unlikely. If a single professor
was pitted against a mob of 11 angry students, I would place my bets
on the students winning the pushing and shoving match. More likely,
if such an event actually occurred, it would the professor who would
end up in the pit. Even the ancient Romans figured out that
decimation (1 in 10) was possible, but any larger percentage would
result in open revolt. 11 out of 12 is highly unlikely.

Unfortunately, I experienced a very similar parable in college. The
college hired a somewhat famous Nobel prize winner for some reason.
Unfortunately, he was very old and quite senile. He also failed to
appreciate any form of criticism. After several student, including
me, dared to suggest that he was wrong, he simply assigned a failing
grade to the entire class and left. After some meetings with the
administration, which eventually included an attorney, we were allowed
to take the class again from another instructor, and the failing grade
was vaporized from our records. This demonstrated that it was
possible to climb out of the burning pit of

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

AMuzi

Feb 18, 2018, 3:08:56 PM2/18/18
Yaweh's burning pit research lab:

http://www.businessinsider.com/coal-mines-in-centralia-pennsylvania-have-been-burning-since-1962-2015-7

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Emanuel Berg

Feb 18, 2018, 5:50:03 PM2/18/18
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

> Unfortunately, I experienced a very similar
> parable in college. The college hired
> a somewhat famous Nobel prize winner for some
> reason. Unfortunately, he was very old and
> quite senile. He also failed to appreciate
> any form of criticism. After several student,
> including me, dared to suggest that he was
> wrong, he simply assigned a failing grade to
> the entire class and left. After some
> meetings with the administration, which
> eventually included an attorney, we were
> allowed to take the class again from another
> instructor, and the failing grade was
> vaporized from our records.

No disrespect but I thought my story was
much better.

:)

Jeff Liebermann

Feb 18, 2018, 8:46:48 PM2/18/18
On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 23:49:59 +0100, Emanuel Berg <moa...@zoho.com>
wrote:

>No disrespect but I thought my story was
>much better.
>:)

Not to worry. When my story gets retold, copied, adapted, translated,
recycled, edited, plagiarized, politicized, and paraphrased a few
dozen times, it will surely be improved.

"I am in the way, the perverter of truth, and have no life. None can
achieve bicycle enlightenment but through me." (Jeff 0:0).

Emanuel Berg

Feb 21, 2018, 5:15:15 PM2/21/18
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

>> No disrespect but I thought my story was
>> much better. :)
>
> Not to worry. When my story gets retold,
> copied, adapted, translated, recycled,
> edited, plagiarized, politicized, and
> paraphrased a few dozen times, it will surely
> be improved.

What do you think that story means?

Jeff Liebermann

Feb 21, 2018, 8:18:45 PM2/21/18
On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 23:15:12 +0100, Emanuel Berg <moa...@zoho.com>
wrote:

>Jeff Liebermann wrote:
>
>>> No disrespect but I thought my story was
>>> much better. :)
>>
>> Not to worry. When my story gets retold,
>> copied, adapted, translated, recycled,
>> edited, plagiarized, politicized, and
>> paraphrased a few dozen times, it will surely
>> be improved.
>
>What do you think that story means?

I guess you mean your story, which I presume is a parable and should
not be taken at face value.

The key phrase is the last line.
"you are too many heads for one body",
and pushed 11 students into the flames.
which suggests that when dealing with authority (the professor), it is
best to first reach a consensus and to assign a single point of
contact (a spokesperson).

Emanuel Berg

Feb 21, 2018, 8:40:14 PM2/21/18
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

> The key phrase is the last line. "you are too
> many heads for one body", and pushed 11
> students into the flames.

I got it from a novel by James Blish,
"Midsummer Century" from 1972. It is only
80 pages but very interesting,
mental-scientific science fiction, so pick it
up if you find it in your public library!

Frank Krygowski

Feb 21, 2018, 9:11:55 PM2/21/18
On 2/21/2018 8:40 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Jeff Liebermann wrote:
>
>> The key phrase is the last line. "you are too
>> many heads for one body", and pushed 11
>> students into the flames.
>
> I got it from a novel by James Blish,
> "Midsummer Century" from 1972. It is only
> 80 pages but very interesting,
> mental-scientific science fiction, so pick it
> up if you find it in your public library!

It's not in our library system, nor I suspect in most. But you can get
it here, cheap:
https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&an=blish&tn=midsummer+century&kn=&isbn=

--
- Frank Krygowski

Jeff Liebermann

Feb 21, 2018, 9:34:05 PM2/21/18
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 02:40:10 +0100, Emanuel Berg <moa...@zoho.com>
wrote:

>Jeff Liebermann wrote:
>
>> The key phrase is the last line. "you are too
>> many heads for one body", and pushed 11
>> students into the flames.

>I got it from a novel by James Blish,
>"Midsummer Century" from 1972. It is only
>80 pages but very interesting,
>mental-scientific science fiction, so pick it
>up if you find it in your public library!

No thanks. I read the book about 30 years ago. Too weird, too many
illogical surprises, and quite improbable for my version of reality:
<https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550157.Midsummer_Century>