Safety inflation: The next level

Frank Krygowski

Jun 28, 2015, 11:02:32 PM6/28/15
We're now subject to "safety inflation," where we're told to buy product
after product to keep us ever safer. There's no such thing as safe enough!

For example: What if you're cycling along at night, outfitted with full
reflectors plus a taillight, but some motorist doesn't recognize that
the pedaling motion he sees up ahead is due to someone pedaling a bicycle?

What you need is something that will project an icon of a bicycle on
your back! And if you should be preparing to stop, it should project a
stop sign. Turning right? I should project a right turn signal.

All the tech workers in Silicon Valley know this, which is why all the
intelligent ones have these icon projectors fitted to stalks attached to
their seatposts:

http://www.onislam.net/english/health-and-science/news/488383-azeri-designer-makes-cycling-safer.html

I'm not saying these should be mandatory. But if you've got a helmet, a
flashing strobe light front and rear plus a horizontal flag sticking out
from your bike, you're just not safe enough. It's your own fault if you
get hit because you don't have a nighttime icon projector.

--
- Frank Krygowski

avag...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2015, 11:55:19 PM6/28/15
what's the actress do ? stick up pubs ?

John B.

Jun 29, 2015, 8:14:52 AM6/29/15
I've noticed that when driving at night and you come upon an emergency
vehicle, say a road repair, or telephone pole and there is a truck
there with a emergency light bar - yellowy flashing lights on a, maybe
18 - 24 inch bar across the width of the truck - that people seem to
slow down immediately.

Another thing that seems to be noticed if those "road flares". they
had a nail on one end and you stabbed them into the pavement and than
ignited them.

A vehicle burning on the edge of the road also attracts a lot of
notice. I've seen cars stopped for a hundred yards in both direction.
{people even get out of their cars and walk, imagine that "Walk", to
get a closer view.

But I suppose that the weak point is that these things are "old Hat"
and you will never get a mention of the Internet if you "discover" one
of these.

But you know, a few rags and a broomstick and a can of kerosene and a
cigarette lighter could probably get one a lot of space on the highway
:-)

(on the other hand, in the U.S. it might get one arrested for
contaminating the atmosphere :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Peter Howard

Jun 29, 2015, 8:51:35 AM6/29/15
I don't need a device to project images on my back but I did find a nice
recipe for oatmeal cake on that website.

avag...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2015, 10:05:49 AM6/29/15
TRY A LONG TRIP TO ANTARTICA

Andre Jute

Jun 29, 2015, 11:09:13 AM6/29/15
> islam.net

Joining the religion of licensed bully-boys, eh, Franki-boy? You'll feel right at home

Andre Jute