God the Great Plumber

Feb 15, 2015, 1:27:16 AM2/15/15
According to this view, God would not be the Great Architect, but the Great Plumber. Interesting analogy now that we witness the chaos and randomness of the Universe as well as the events in the news.

On Saturday, February 14, 2015 at 10:45:19 PM UTC-5, Mr. B1ack wrote:

> I have an alternative theory. The lavatory on the flying saucer
> had malfunctioned and they needed to stop on some forsaken
> rock to dump the contents ..... :-)

So we owe our existence to bad plumbing and sheer luck. What's the role of God on this? Is he the Great Plumber?

"The jungle has never been this much fun!"

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nffbCR_uCZ6znjf3gLiFRXSAoLzhWtoZ6U4S7Y37aKc/edit?usp=sharing

Free Spirit, Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

Feb 15, 2015, 2:13:05 AM2/15/15
On Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 1:54:37 AM UTC-5, Astero...@yahoo.com wrote:
> the first cell was too complicated to have been created by naturalistic means. it didn't happen.

It would have been too complicated for the Great Plumber just the same.

Feb 15, 2015, 12:31:36 PM2/15/15
On Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 10:19:34 AM UTC-5, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
> On Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 2:16:40 AM UTC-5, Astero...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > the more complexity, the greater the intellect.
>
> He was very dumb to have given people an intellect to be wasted in following orders.

OK, this is where the Great Plumber made his first mistake, right from the beginning:

"GOD CREATED A WOMAN NOT A DOG TO FOLLOW ORDERS"

Women have a mind of their own, so to speak. It was expected she would bite the Forbidden Fruit. That's what they do all time. Perhaps the Great Plumber didn't have much experience with women. Actually, he never had a woman.

The man who wants a living thing to follow orders better have a dog. We created him in our image.

Feb 15, 2015, 4:50:21 PM2/15/15
On Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 3:10:15 PM UTC-5, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
> On Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 1:49:23 PM UTC-5, Astero...@yahoo.com wrote:

> > the first orders were directed at both the man and the woman. be fruitful and multiply - name the animals, have dominion over the earth (creatively dress it) - sounds like fun.
>
> Yeah, it would sound like fun if it was true. Humans created an animal and called it "dog."
>
> Anyway, God equipped women with hormones and neurons and that was his mistake. It proves he was the Great Plumber.

It's obvious that the Great Plumber was incapable of creating a complicated universe, let alone a complex living being.

A scientist such as Einstein could have done it, but then again he was a misogynist and left his wife.

In other words, God doesn't make sense.

Feb 16, 2015, 12:54:00 AM2/16/15
On Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 7:00:31 PM UTC-5, Your Name wrote:
> In article <007b9618-c197-4073...@googlegroups.com>,
> Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
> <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> <snip>
> >
> > Anyway, God equipped with women with hormones and neurons and that
> > was his mistake. It proves he was the Great Plumber.
>
> The mistake was equipping humans with brains ... it's a mistake the
> priests have been attempting to fix for centuries with their
> brainwashing techniques and lies. They had quite a large success in the
> early years, but thankfully more and more people are seeing all the
> idiotic religions for the stupid con they really are.

I think only Europe has seen ever shrinking herds.

It's still a pretty profitable field for shepherds. Plenty of fleece to be collected.