More weird than the Bible: Aliens planted life on Earth!

Feb 13, 2015, 10:55:12 AM2/13/15
Scientists from the UK just propose that. But how about this other theory: Jesus himself is an alien who rose from the dead and now is back in his Christian planet. Are the Christians part of their plan to control the Earth?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/03/aliens-send-space-seed-to-earth_n_6608582.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

"The jungle has never been this much fun!"

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nffbCR_uCZ6znjf3gLiFRXSAoLzhWtoZ6U4S7Y37aKc/edit?usp=sharing

Feb 13, 2015, 9:55:28 PM2/13/15
On Friday, February 13, 2015 at 11:16:07 AM UTC-5, John Locke wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 07:43:54 -0800 (PST), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
> Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Scientists from the UK just propose that. But how about this other theory: Jesus himself is an alien who rose from the dead and now is back in his Christian planet. Are the Christians part of their plan to control the Earth?
> >
> >http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/03/aliens-send-space-seed-to-earth_n_6608582.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
> >
> ....if anything, Jesus was an alien but not just an alien..an alien
> cyborg, which would explain why he was so nonchalant about being
> tortured and hung on a cross. This also would explain the appearance
> of rising from the dead..actually just a temporary state while nanobot
> repairs on internal components was being carried out. And would
> also explain the ascension into heaven and walking on
> water...anti-grav !

Nowadays Jesus is synonym with an illegal alien from Mexico.

Right, Jesus would be deported today.

Feb 14, 2015, 2:55:21 PM2/14/15
On Friday, February 13, 2015 at 10:53:35 PM UTC-5, Mr. B1ack wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 07:53:03 -0800 (PST), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
> Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Scientists from the UK just propose that. But how about this other theory: Jesus himself is an alien who rose from the dead and now is back in his Christian planet. Are the Christians part of their plan to control the Earth?
> >
> >http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/03/aliens-send-space-seed-to-earth_n_6608582.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
>
> Life on earth MAY have come from somewhere else ...
> although that does nothing to help resolve the where's
> and why's of how life came to be.

The theory proposes aliens deliberately sent micro-organisms to plant life on Earth. That's more funny than Adam & Eve. ;)

> Now the "Jeezus wuz an alien" thing ... that's more for
> the H2 channel isn't it ? The guy who looks like he stuck
> his head into a power transformer ....
>
> Jeezus was some guy ... who maybe spent a little too
> much time wandering, maybe a little too much time
> smoking hash balls over 'round India too. Seems like
> a nice guy ... best intentions ... but that doesn't mean
> he wasn't nuts.

I just spoke about it. The New Testament sounds like a Hippie Manifesto. The Old Testament sounds like Mein Kampf.

Feb 15, 2015, 1:11:21 AM2/15/15
On Saturday, February 14, 2015 at 10:45:19 PM UTC-5, Mr. B1ack wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Feb 2015 11:50:23 -0800 (PST), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
> Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, February 13, 2015 at 10:53:35 PM UTC-5, Mr. B1ack wrote:

> >> Life on earth MAY have come from somewhere else ...
> >> although that does nothing to help resolve the where's
> >> and why's of how life came to be.
> >
> >The theory proposes aliens deliberately sent micro-organisms to plant life on Earth. That's more funny than Adam & Eve. ;)
>

> I have an alternative theory. The lavatory on the flying saucer
> had malfunctioned and they needed to stop on some forsaken
> rock to dump the contents ..... :-)

So we owe our existence to bad plumbing and sheer luck. What's the role of God on this? Is he the Great Plumber?

> >> Now the "Jeezus wuz an alien" thing ... that's more for
> >> the H2 channel isn't it ? The guy who looks like he stuck
> >> his head into a power transformer ....
> >>
> >> Jeezus was some guy ... who maybe spent a little too
> >> much time wandering, maybe a little too much time
> >> smoking hash balls over 'round India too. Seems like
> >> a nice guy ... best intentions ... but that doesn't mean
> >> he wasn't nuts.
> >
> >I just spoke about it. The New Testament sounds like a Hippie Manifesto.
> >The Old Testament sounds like Mein Kampf.
>
> Fair analogies.
>
> Seems the only well-known religion with an in-between
> is Buddhism, where practitioners are encouraged to
> find the "middle path".

Buddha was smarter than Jesus. That's an old controversy that hasn't been settled.

Feb 18, 2015, 9:41:28 PM2/18/15
On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 9:33:20 PM UTC-5, Mr. B1ack wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 22:48:13 -0800 (PST), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
> Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Monday, February 16, 2015 at 11:00:59 AM UTC-5, Mr. B1ack wrote:

> >> Philosophers ... hmmm ... there's a problem with
> >> thinking about thinking ... the results change the
> >> source. Besides, we have PUNDITS these days :-)
> >
> >Pundits are well paid individuals who are hired by the media to tell
> >you whatever you want to hear. They approved of the war in Iraq.
>
> And disapproved ... there's a pundit for every taste, telling
> YOU exactly what you want to hear :-)
>
> And ... apparently ... that's all the modern citizen needs
> or wants.

I think people want to hear an entertainer or a cheerleader for the war. They don't want to hear deep philosophical questions like "All wars carry a great danger. Do we want to bring 'democracy' to a region known for tough leaders? Why don't you start practicing some more democracy at home?" Oh no, we love those bumper stickers that go "I support the troops." Does it mean you support the war?

The Socrates portrayed here would have asked similar questions:

(awesome documentary)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0T78tNS9u8

> >The philosopher is someone who's pretty much broke, but brave
> >enough to advise against the wishes of politicians. Socrates is
> >the classical example of one.
>
> Well, Socrates didn't get into trouble over his 'philosophies'
> per-se ... that was pretty general stuff. It's when he dabbled
> in issue-specific *politics* that the problems began.

There were no pundits. Philosophers gave their best gut feeling to the masses. They were revered or hated.

> >> It is my contention that faster-than-light travel is
> >> going to prove impossible. That means we, and
> >> anything else 'out there', are pretty much stuck on
> >> our own little rocks forever. This will eventually
> >> drive us nuts ... so the solution is high-quality
> >> totally-immersive virtual reality. You might have a
> >> body stashed away "somewhere" or maybe you
> >> will go for full digitization. This is the opportunity
> >> to "revive" those ancient *interesting* worlds AND
> >> their gods. You can worship Athena and party
> >> with Mr. D forever and ever.
> >
> >Surely we can do better than with Jesus. I don't even
> >know why he bothered to come only to be a loser.
>
> Well now ... he at least *believed* he was somehow saving
> the world - a nutter, but a *nice* nutter. Alas all he really
> gave the world was yet another large religion to wage war
> on the others.
>
> I will give him one bit of credit though ... the 'forgiveness/
> tolerance' idea. That was fairly unique for the place and
> times (and remains so). Lack of forgiveness is one of
> the important reasons these sectarian wars go on
> generation after generation, century after century.
>
> Unfortunately his latter-day followers barely pay heed to
> that part of the message ...

Jesus came to teach the wisdom of turning the other cheek, but very few people ever tried it, most notably Gandhi and Martin Luther King, both shot by assassins.

What if Jesus said "Give a banana to thy enemy"?

Feb 19, 2015, 9:58:10 AM2/19/15
On Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 6:56:28 AM UTC-5, rja.ca...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 February 2015 02:32:43 UTC, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
> > What if Jesus said "Give a banana to thy enemy"?
>
> I don't think bananas existed in bible times.

They must have existed. I hear the banana is original from India, and we know Jesus trekked to India. ;)

If Jesus was into Flower Power then he would give a flower to his enemies.

Feb 19, 2015, 11:00:27 AM2/19/15
I don't know but think it's a better to give a banana instead of a flower to a hungry person. What did Jesus give the poor? He gave hope, plenty of hope.

avag...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2015, 12:50:26 PM2/19/15
we can tell how cold Arlington is by number of posts per morning from that area