Spinergy rear hub disassembly?

Glenn Butzlaff

Oct 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/31/98
Just wonder if anyone here ever disassembled a rear Spinergy
freehub. Is the Shimano compatable hub just a Shimano freehub
body, or proprietary? Im real curious about the axle, which
appears to be proprietary on the non-drive side, but typical
threaded axle on the drive side. Is the axle two pieces or one?
Any info appreciated. TIA.

Glenn Butzlaff

Richard Hopkins

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98

Glenn Butzlaff wrote in message <71fj60$p...@newsops.execpc.com>...

>Just wonder if anyone here ever disassembled a rear Spinergy
>freehub. Is the Shimano compatable hub just a Shimano freehub
>body, or proprietary?

The freehub bodies on my wheels are, as you suspect, bog standard Shimano
products.

>Im real curious about the axle, which appears to be proprietary
>on the non-drive side, but typical threaded axle on the drive side.
> Is the axle two pieces or one?

It's a two piece axle in as much as there is a removable spacer on the
non-drive side that allows the wheel to be reduced in width to 126mm OLND.
Other than that, the axle proper is one piece.

Richard Hopkins,
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Send all my spam to: r...@totally.buggered.org

dylan....@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2016, 6:51:44 AM7/22/16
Richard, Where and How do I remove the spacer to converr Spinergy Rev X rear wheel to 126mm?? Thank you!!!