spoke lacing theory

Emanuel Berg

Feb 17, 2018, 7:37:51 PM2/17/18
From the little I've read, there seems to be
the parameters number of spokes (holes in rim
and flange), then the number of crossings, and
if they go over and under.

The Torpedo coaster brakes I have examined have
36 spokes/holes (2x18) and are 3x with one
twine, 2-over-1.

I don't know if the circle's 360 degrees has
anything to do with the number 36 in
particular...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

John B.

Feb 17, 2018, 9:16:34 PM2/17/18
On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 01:37:48 +0100, Emanuel Berg <moa...@zoho.com>
wrote:

>From the little I've read, there seems to be
>the parameters number of spokes (holes in rim
>and flange), then the number of crossings, and
>if they go over and under.
>
>The Torpedo coaster brakes I have examined have
>36 spokes/holes (2x18) and are 3x with one
>twine, 2-over-1.
>
>I don't know if the circle's 360 degrees has
>anything to do with the number 36 in
>particular...

Read Sheldon's article:
https://www.sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html#different