Carrying passengers on bike rack

Sep 26, 2015, 5:51:20 PM9/26/15
We just got this bike...

http://www.downcycles.com/store/2012-schwinn-city-ladies-p-1538.html

Anything would fail but the rack. I'm curious because a lady asked me for a ride the other day. The Dutch bikes sometimes carry a passenger this way. What goes first, the tire, the wheel, the frame itself?

I own an Electra pedal forward where the rear wheel carries a considerable amount of weight (my own, 220 lbs, plus some 50 lbs in stuff). Basically the same 700c wheel. The bike in question has the rack welded to the frame. None are cargo bikes proper.

Curious George. ;)