Look Pedal PP296 Too Tight ??

cary_ok

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
Anybody have any idea how to further reduce the release tension for PP296. I
have adjusted it to the minimum tension (11Nm) already and still feeling
tight. Fell with the bike once as the stupid cleat cannot disengage from the
Look Pedal.

Peter Van Buren

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
I believe the PP296 pedal comes with a very high minimum release
tension. This is probably because it is the Look racing pedal that lots
of pros use. I guess they need that tension when they are sprinting, to
lessen the chance of release should they pivot their foot too much. I
ride the PP256 and the release tension has 6-12 Nm release settings in
increments of 2. I find that 12Nm is too much for me. This is one of the
reasons I bought the 256. (Doesn't look as cool as yours though.)

In article <84o5jd$7hp$1...@mango.singnet.com.sg>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Skubanut

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
<< Anybody have any idea how to further reduce the release tension for PP296. I
have adjusted it to the minimum tension (11Nm) already and still feeling
tight. Fell with the bike once as the stupid cleat cannot disengage from the
Look Pedal. >>

The plastic LOOK cleats become easier to release once they wear in a little.
Or, you could try spraying a little silicone spray on the back edge of the
cleats and the pedal retention plates. Just be careful walking, or get a set of
rubber Kool Kovers so you don't slip when you are off the bike.
--Michael

Jim Flom

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00

Peter Van Buren wrote

> I believe the PP296 pedal comes with a very high minimum release
> tension. This is probably because it is the Look racing pedal that lots
> of pros use. I guess they need that tension when they are sprinting, to
> lessen the chance of release should they pivot their foot too much.

Too bad it didn't work for Marty Jemison at the US Pro Cycling championships
last year. He was just starting his final sprint, when he pulled right out
of his 296s. Maybe cost him the race.

Qui si parla Campagnolo

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
<< Anybody have any idea how to further reduce the release tension for PP296 >>

Are you sure the cleat is flat or as flat as possible on your shoe?
On small sizes, sometimes making the cleat bend will make it hard to get
in/out-
Also spray the cleat with armor-all-this sometimes helps-

Peter Chisholm & Sean Bradstad
"Vecchio's" Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl ST.
Boulder, CO
(303)440-3535
Opening January, 2000

wanjoh...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2017, 3:55:17 AM4/13/17
On Monday, January 3, 2000 at 11:00:00 AM UTC+3, Peter Van Buren wrote:
> I believe the PP296 pedal comes with a very high minimum release
> tension. This is probably because it is the Look racing pedal that lots
> of pros use. I guess they need that tension when they are sprinting, to
> lessen the chance of release should they pivot their foot too much. I
> ride the PP256 and the release tension has 6-12 Nm release settings in
> increments of 2. I find that 12Nm is too much for me. This is one of the
> reasons I bought the 256. (Doesn't look as cool as yours though.)
>

> In article <84o5jd$7hp$1...@mango.singnet.com.sg>,
> "cary_ok" <jes...@singnet.com.sg> wrote:
> > Anybody have any idea how to further reduce the release tension for
> PP296. I
> > have adjusted it to the minimum tension (11Nm) already and still
> feeling
> > tight. Fell with the bike once as the stupid cleat cannot disengage
> from the
> > Look Pedal.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

What is the point of the yellow knob behind them?

Frank Krygowski

Apr 13, 2017, 3:42:34 PM4/13/17
It's a hidden control for a time machine. It takes you back to the year
2000. ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski

AMuzi

Apr 13, 2017, 5:01:18 PM4/13/17
Select zero, 6 or 12 degrees of rotational freedom.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>