LA bike path news

AMuzi

Sep 10, 2016, 8:44:33 AM9/10/16

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Sep 10, 2016, 9:22:44 AM9/10/16

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Sep 10, 2016, 9:56:08 AM9/10/16

Joerg

Sep 10, 2016, 10:35:55 AM9/10/16
On 2016-09-10 05:44, AMuzi wrote:
> http://ktla.com/2016/09/09/2-people-shot-at-elysian-park-bike-path-lapd-reports/

On our bike path they currently use machetes.

http://fox40.com/2016/08/18/police-searching-for-suspects-following-machete-stabbing-in-sacramento-county/

That is one of the reasons why I am leery riding too far into
Sacramento. There is a lot of riff raff down there and I travel alone
during non-peak hours. Occasionally someone dies on that trail and then
it was usually assault or murder.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016/08/09/body-found-on-along-american-river-parkway-trail-raises-concerns/

Towards the east it is quite safe though.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Sep 10, 2016, 3:15:15 PM9/10/16
Towards the east it is quite safe though.

how far away is Sacre from your airport ?

goo.gl/xWi5PX

Joerg

Sep 10, 2016, 6:29:31 PM9/10/16
On 2016-09-10 12:15, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
> Towards the east it is quite safe though.

> how far away is Sacre from your airport ?

Depends on where you want to go there. To downtown IIRC 5-6 miles. But
not very safe to ride a bike up there on account of traffic. You really
don't want to be cycling Elkhorn Boulevard during heavy traffic.

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Sep 10, 2016, 6:36:50 PM9/10/16
Jeorg, from your house to Sacramento is 6 miles ?

Radey Shouman

Sep 10, 2016, 7:39:07 PM9/10/16
Joerg <ne...@analogconsultants.com> writes:

> On 2016-09-10 05:44, AMuzi wrote:
>> http://ktla.com/2016/09/09/2-people-shot-at-elysian-park-bike-path-lapd-reports/
>>

> On our bike path they currently use machetes.
>
> http://fox40.com/2016/08/18/police-searching-for-suspects-following-machete-stabbing-in-sacramento-county/
>
> That is one of the reasons why I am leery riding too far into
> Sacramento. There is a lot of riff raff down there and I travel alone
> during non-peak hours. Occasionally someone dies on that trail and
> then it was usually assault or murder.

Good lord, what sort of person uses a machete for *stabbing*? Machetes
are designed for hacking.

John B.

Sep 10, 2016, 11:52:25 PM9/10/16
Either an unskilled swordsman or, as the swordsman was successful in
stabbing the victim, more likely an unlettered reporter :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Sep 11, 2016, 2:29:59 AM9/11/16

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Sep 11, 2016, 6:14:59 PM9/11/16
On Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 8:44:33 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/13/travel/what-to-do-in-36-hours-in-portland.html?_r=0

Joerg

Sep 12, 2016, 1:46:08 PM9/12/16
On 2016-09-10 15:36, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
> Jeorg, from your house to Sacramento is 6 miles ?

Sorry, I thought you meant SMF, Sacramento's airport. From here by bike
it's probably a little north of 40mi one way. Depends on where in
Sacramento you want to go.

Joerg

Sep 12, 2016, 1:49:03 PM9/12/16
It is a tool used in terrorism lately but this was not likely a
terrorist incident. Also, I don't know how much of the injury was more
due to slashing than stabbing. These days we don't get much info even
for a deadly accident where a cyclist was mowed down.

jbeattie

Sep 12, 2016, 4:44:49 PM9/12/16
You mean a couple of lunatics on a bike path probably weren't terrorsts? Fwew. I was worried. I am so sick of the terrorists on our bike paths. Lately I've seen a lot of ISIS bottom brackets. It's super scary!

-- Jay Beattie.

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Sep 12, 2016, 6:33:38 PM9/12/16
https://www.google.com/#q=portland+or+area+mosques

http://spotcrime.com/or/portland

SITES ALLEGING PORTLAND CRIME MAPS ARE OFF LINE PROB FIRE BOMBED