Today's Ride

AMuzi

May 23, 2016, 8:15:29 AM5/23/16
What is so rare as a day in June? A June day in May!
Spectacular wonderful ride, upper 70sF, no wind, low
humidity, as perfect a day as ever there was.

We went from wintry to perfect inside of a week here.
The change of mood is dramatic as I relaxed and watched my
bike climb effortlessly. Wish the same to all of you.
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Andrew Chaplin

May 23, 2016, 9:00:36 AM5/23/16
AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote in news:nhus25$glv$1...@dont-email.me:

> What is so rare as a day in June? A June day in May!
> Spectacular wonderful ride, upper 70sF, no wind, low
> humidity, as perfect a day as ever there was.
>
> We went from wintry to perfect inside of a week here.
> The change of mood is dramatic as I relaxed and watched my
> bike climb effortlessly. Wish the same to all of you.

The time stamps on your post say that it's quarter past seven in the morning
where you are, Andrew. Are you commenting on yesterday's ride?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

avag...@gmail.com

May 23, 2016, 8:50:17 PM5/23/16
SUPER same here... thanks to demon starting the CA Fire

tectonically, the EQ ebbed out then this morning wallop the NA Plate a good one...and good tidings for all

here's a gem

https://jaredblakedicroce.com/2011/01/12/my-top-ten-favorite-conspiracy-theories-3/

Duane

May 24, 2016, 6:15:57 AM5/24/16
Andrew Chaplin <ab.ch...@yourfinger.rogers.com> wrote:
> AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote in news:nhus25$glv$1...@dont-email.me:
>
>> What is so rare as a day in June? A June day in May!
>> Spectacular wonderful ride, upper 70sF, no wind, low
>> humidity, as perfect a day as ever there was.
>>
>> We went from wintry to perfect inside of a week here.
>> The change of mood is dramatic as I relaxed and watched my
>> bike climb effortlessly. Wish the same to all of you.
>
> The time stamps on your post say that it's quarter past seven in the morning
> where you are, Andrew. Are you commenting on yesterday's ride?

In Montreal we've had a beautiful 3 day weekend with warm temperatures and
clear skies. A little wind but that seems to be the norm in recent years.
3 great rides. Only problem is being in the doghouse for letting the
spring yard work slip.

--
duane

avag...@gmail.com

May 24, 2016, 8:37:36 AM5/24/16

jbeattie

May 24, 2016, 2:05:17 PM5/24/16
Oscillating rain/sun here. It's really hard to dress this time of year. For the hilly ride in this morning: shorts, leg warmers, old team jersey, long sleeve Gabba rain jersey and some Endura booties. I took the custom footbeds out of my ski boots (now tucked away for the season) and stuck them in my commuter shoes to see if they would make me faster. No. I just realized all the expensive and time consuming vacuum fitting stuff yielded a pretty ordinary footbed.

I also rode the disc Roubaix with my custom fender flap made with a Michelin tire wrapper. That is a significantly lighter bike than my commuter pig, and it was faster. I once again podiumed on the way to work.

This time of year, it really is like a bicycle drag race in some places. I got utterly dumped by a guy yesterday . . . on an e-bike. I can't go 20mph over a 5% grade -- at least not for long.

-- Jay Beattie.

Duane

May 24, 2016, 5:13:37 PM5/24/16
Rode three days straight with my club (Victoria day weekend - Victoria
being somebody else's ex queen or something) and was too pooped this
morning for a recovery ride. I regretted it as soon as I got in to work.
Podiumed on the drink enough coffee to stay awake leg though.

--
duane

avag...@gmail.com

May 24, 2016, 5:34:40 PM5/24/16
OZzillating weather in the GNW .........50 degrees JB wears leg warmers....http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=pqr&sid=KPDX&num=72&raw=0......

BLUE SKY HERE abt 85 storng breeze in off the GOM...ahhhhh....puffy cumulus floating along ....

the fender flap is excessive air drag prob minus .10 gear.

did you zap a red reflector dot on it ? in a star bezel ?

avag...@gmail.com

May 29, 2016, 6:13:55 PM5/29/16

avag...@gmail.com

May 30, 2016, 7:09:36 AM5/30/16