Bullshit filter test - new "cranktip" pedals

James

Feb 17, 2015, 11:50:22 PM2/17/15

Jeff Liebermann

Feb 18, 2015, 2:26:53 AM2/18/15

John B. Slocomb

Feb 18, 2015, 5:48:30 AM2/18/15
On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 14:50:15 +1000, James <james.e...@gmail.com>
wrote:

By gorry! that sounds really good. I particularly liked the FAQ where
is says: "This circular motion causes the rider's leg to experience
different or uneven forces during rotation"

Sounds sort of like walking, doesn't it. :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Jeff Liebermann

Feb 18, 2015, 11:24:18 AM2/18/15
On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 17:48:25 +0700, John B. Slocomb
<sloc...@invalid.com> wrote:

>By gorry! that sounds really good. I particularly liked the FAQ where
>is says: "This circular motion causes the rider's leg to experience
>different or uneven forces during rotation"
>
>Sounds sort of like walking, doesn't it. :-)

Naw. If you want a walking bicycle or moving exercise machine, get
one of these:
<http://www.gizmag.com/walking-bicycle/32342/>
<http://www.elliptigo.com>
<http://me-mover.com>
<http://www.gizmag.com/go/4206/> (dead mfg link but interesting).
<http://www.gizmag.com/treadmill-bike/14640/> (treadmill)
<http://www.gizmag.com/rollator-treadmill-wheels/13567/> (treadmill)

avag...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2015, 11:47:27 AM2/18/15

avag...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2015, 8:27:16 PM2/18/15

naturally occurring uneven resistance of a crank system ?

sheet I run into a lotta cranks so many that sure 'naturally' occurring is a

given.

nnnnn

there's a RATHER LARGE question on reliability/wear/longevity and friction losses during running from grit/lube failure/wear

and at $400 a shot...LOU ?

you see the 2 different pedal motions

suggests pedal function is more in the area of increasing mud scrape or barrel roll beyond 12 to 3 into 12 to 6
and 6 to 12 possibly increasing upper eg torque/lifting or at least eliminating foot down pressure into more spin...not sure of the last as the spin comparison circles tends to void that.

JB every try elliptical CR's ?

John B. Slocomb

Feb 18, 2015, 9:24:10 PM2/18/15
On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 08:24:18 -0800, Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 17:48:25 +0700, John B. Slocomb
><sloc...@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>>By gorry! that sounds really good. I particularly liked the FAQ where
>>is says: "This circular motion causes the rider's leg to experience
>>different or uneven forces during rotation"
>>
>>Sounds sort of like walking, doesn't it. :-)
>
>Naw. If you want a walking bicycle or moving exercise machine, get
>one of these:
><http://www.gizmag.com/walking-bicycle/32342/>
><http://www.elliptigo.com>
><http://me-mover.com>
><http://www.gizmag.com/go/4206/> (dead mfg link but interesting).
><http://www.gizmag.com/treadmill-bike/14640/> (treadmill)
><http://www.gizmag.com/rollator-treadmill-wheels/13567/> (treadmill)

Ah yes, England's contribution to Prison life. the Treadmill. A little
research show that the U.S. adopted this innovation after it's
initiation in "the Old Country". See
http://www.earlyamericancrime.com/prisons-and-punishments/failure-of-the-treadmill

The article also serves to describe the USians kindness toward those
convicted of crimes (which may explain the current leadership of the
U.S. in prison population U.S. = 707/100,000 while England and Wales
lags far being with a mere 148.)
--
Cheers,

John B.